Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,012 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign (38448 Views)

How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje / Thieves Stole My N12Million Cash, Saraki Says - Premium Times / Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Under Pressure After Leak - Newsweek International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Integrityfarms(m): 9:52pm On Apr 08, 2016
Sarakis resignation will cost the APC the No 3 citizenship because he would ho with at least 15 senators who will add to the number of pdp senators and snatch of the population of APC in the super chambers.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by geniusgenes: 9:52pm On Apr 08, 2016
cheesy
Stubborn saraki. I just hope he isn't embarrassed out of office.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Ndkings1(m): 9:52pm On Apr 08, 2016
you will oo
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by viscocom(m): 9:52pm On Apr 08, 2016
next pls
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by encryptjay(m): 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nawa ooo
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by cktheluckyman: 9:55pm On Apr 08, 2016
Sunymoore:

Nothing! In fact, I don't bloody care about the whole issue, they can do whatever they feel like doing., is non of my business!
But, Iceland prime minister said, he's not going to resign, but he did... So I'm watching this from the side

Continue watching!! It will take more than Tinubu and premium times to remove Saraki
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by tonio2wo: 10:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
Saraki: neyhiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! grin grin grin

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by idu1(m): 10:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
Hell fire dey wait for you.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by canalily(m): 10:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
See your mouthangryonu ótû
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by ninocia18(m): 10:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
K
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by eliwa47(m): 10:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
Saraki just be like fish wey enter fisherman's net! what a pity, this naija politician sha, if dem wan get they will make sure they use all means. Hmmmmmmmm!
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Deen77: 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
Not when you've finally been indicted.
The US senate is been controlled by the opposition(Republicans).
The Nigerian senate should be manned by the Opposition(PDP)
Benefits:
1. Having the opposition control the legislature,will keep the executive ruling party on their toes. They'll strive to be even more efficient,accountable and swift in the implementation of working policies.
2. It strengthens true Democracy and competition.
#SupportEkweremadu

Saraki is PDP, PDP already control the Senate.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by gebest: 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
It is forbidden, Nigeria politicians don't resign.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Godsonkemz(m): 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
Saraki should humbly resign with dignity because his hands are soiled with corrupt allegations. Worldwide publicised Panama case only is enough to cost him his seat as a senator.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Deen77: 10:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Sarakis resignation will cost the APC the No 3 citizenship because he would ho with at least 15 senators who will add to the number of pdp senators and snatch of the population of APC in the super chambers.

Who tell you that Saraki is APC?.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by omozu1(m): 10:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
A nigerian leader resign? It can't happen.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Deen77: 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Continue to wait! saraki is a far more formidable politician than ur local champion Tinubu!! He is going no where

Local champion, Nigeria is local now not talking of American.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Goke7: 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
In saner climes, you are presumed guilty until proven innocent, that is why public officers in saner climes resign whenever allegations of misconduct arises.

But in Nigeria, our corrupt elites has deceived us with the notion that you are innocent until proven guilty which is what they have been using to rob us of our Commonwealth over the years. Its time Nigerians get wiser and come hard on these thieves or else we will never develop

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
Deen77:

Saraki is PDP, PDP already control the Senate.
No he's not

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
Power hungry fool. Does he even have a say in in what happens to him?

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by HonTworld(m): 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
yarimo:
Some time I wish am close to saraki when is saying this kind of statement the kind slap I go give him, him go no say prison is the right place for him than the Senate chamber
lol

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by midolian(m): 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
Amitex:
I predict that Saraki and his senators would fight back soon. Expect an impeachment notice to the president in the coming weeks. Remember, I said this on this forum!
you think Impeachment is as easy as that? cheesy cheesy

You think Saraki and cohorts can just wake up and say they wnt to impeach Buhari? Do you know what it takes to impeach a serving president in Nigeria @ all? Looool

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Abeyjide: 10:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
i knew you for your arrogance. Pls wait untill you are disgrace and shamefully shown the way out.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Fortune2446(m): 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
You think that your 10000 SAN will save you.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
Not when you've finally been indicted.
The US senate is been controlled by the opposition(Republicans).
The Nigerian senate should be manned by the Opposition(PDP)
Benefits:
1. Having the opposition control the legislature,will keep the executive ruling party on their toes. They'll strive to be even more efficient,accountable and swift in the implementation of working policies.
2. It strengthens true Democracy and competition.
#SupportEkweremadu
Hehehehe, my brother, with what is presently happening to saraki, ekweremadu would reject that seat even if he is offered in a plater of gold.
You think he also would want his secrets and skeleton in his cupboard to be reviewed to the Nigerian public?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by orakao8: 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
TRUE
Integrityfarms:

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Afroconnect: 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
Saraki every Nigerian with sense wants to see you out of that seat. Pls stop ridiculing your family name.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by midolian(m): 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
modath:

Really? cheesy cheesy.... Where were you between '99-'15 ?

Ill prepared for electoral defeat is not only mind numbing, it causes amnesia as well!!" grin

As for Crookola Saratiff, he is only putting up a false bravado, he will throw in the towel...
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by DedeNkem: 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
Corrupt Nigerian politicians don't resign when caught in crimes unlike in civilized countries where corrupt politicians resign voluntarily.

Just few days ago, Iceland President resigned after it was revealed that his wife (not him) has an offshore account in Panama. This can never happen in Nigeria where all politicians are very corrupt, including the masses!

The worse part is that Nigerians don't care about whatever happens, like brain-dead zombies! They see corruption as a normal way of life, that's why Nigeria is a total mess today!

2 Likes

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Deen77: 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
Amitex:
I predict that Saraki and his senators would fight back soon. Expect an impeachment notice to the president in the coming weeks. Remember, I said this on this forum!

Impeachment, With ICIJ revelations they can arrest him. Saraki case is simple but Buhari is our problem with Societie bank fraud case.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Modsenemy(f): 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
Sunymoore:

Nothing! In fact, I don't bloody care about the whole issue, they can do whatever they feel like doing., is non of my business!
But, Iceland prime minister said, he's not going to resign, but he did... So I'm watching this from the side

If u think a greedy black man will think the same way d Iceland prime minister did, den u re totally wrong .
Trust me, saraki will choose to die in dat sit than resign
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
Ezeanochie:
Embattled Senate President Bukola Saraki on friday said he would not yield to growing calls from Nigerians that he should step down amid growing corruption scandals.

Mr. Saraki said those calling for his resignation were being sponsored by politicians who had always opposed his leadership since he emerged Senate President last June, He added that his detractors were trying to circumvent the country’s judicial system.
Mr. Saraki was responding to a story published by PREMIUM TIMES earlier today, in which the Transition Monitoring Group lend its voice to a growing call for the Senate President’s ouster.
In a text message sent to our reporter by his Special Adviser on Media, Yusuph Olaniyonu, Mr. Saraki said he was not contemplating resignation.

“There’s a case in the Tribunal and a resultant appeal at the Court of Appeal,” the statement said. “The underlining philosophy of our legal system is that an accused person is presumed innocent until found guilty.”

“Those who are contemplating calls for resignation want to circumvent the judicial system. They are obviously being sponsored by some politicians.
“The Senate President is not contemplating any resignation. He will surely have his day in court.”
Foramfera
Since Mr. Saraki was arraigned by the Code of Conduct Tribunal and the PREMIUM TIMES expose about his secret offshore assets in tax havens, the calls for him to step down has continued to mount.
On Thursday, several activists and other Nigerians openly called on the Senate President to resign. They were joined today by the TMG.

PREMIUM TIMES had reported on Monday that Mr. Saraki failed to disclose four assets found to be in his wife’s name offshore, in violation of Nigeria’s code of conduct law.

That revelation came to light following the leak of a trove of internal data from the Panama-based offshore-provider, Mossack Fonseca, obtained by the German newspaper, Süddeutsche Zeitung, and shared by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) with PREMIUM TIMES and over 100 other media partners in 82 countries.

In his response to that publication, Mr. Saraki said the controversial assets belonged to the estate of his wife’s rich and famous family, and that the law did not mandate him to declare such a category of assets.
But PREMIUM TIMES later found that the assets neither belong to Toyin, his wife, nor to her family’s estate. They are clearly Mr. Saraki’s.

According to the new documents retrieved by PREMIUM TIMES from the massive Mossack Fonseca database, the assets in Toyin’s name are actually held in trust for Mr. Saraki, Nigeria’s third most powerful official.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/201462-panamapapers-i-wont-resign-senate-president-bukola-saraki-says.html

Mr saraki, if you like resign, if you like don't, that's your own cup of tea.
We the genuine and registered members of apc knew you were not gonna resign and that's why we re stopping at nothing until you end up at kuje prison.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Immigration Service Ban 150 Nigerians From Traveling Abroad / APC Chairmanship Aspirant, Others Die In Boat Accident On Way To Vote / COVID-19: Wahab Adegbenro Is Dead! Ondo Health Commissioner Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.