Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign (38442 Views)

How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje / Thieves Stole My N12Million Cash, Saraki Says - Premium Times / Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Under Pressure After Leak - Newsweek International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by yungNas(m): 10:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
If saraki dey come nairaland con dey see comments wey ppl dey throw on top am...dey no go tell am before he go resigned
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by bedspread: 10:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
Ok Na! IF You WON'T RESIGN, THEY Will RESIGN YOU

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by pyxon(m): 10:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
RaphaeloBurgess:
will you get out here!? impeachment ko,iPod weed ni

Made no sense
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by orakao8: 10:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
SORRY...FOR NAIJA IF ANY POLITICIAN IS GUILTY IF UNA LIKE REACH 1 MILLION...NOTHING GO HAPPEN wink wink wink
yungNas:
If saraki dey come nairaland con dey see comments wey ppl dey throw on top am...dey no go tell am before he go resigned

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Charly68: 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
Na so Enwerem & Okadigbo Tirogo dey do yanga until they were booted out..so he couldn't see that the game is up ? May be the marabou he gathered to be praying are still assuring him sha..Better pack your load & empty your office before the senate conveys..am sure slot of clandestine meeting is going on now
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by pyxon(m): 10:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
Deen77:

Saraki is PDP, PDP already control the Senate.

Dont be like the father whom when his son does well, he call him 'my son' but if the child messes up then he is his 'mother's child'

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by JuicyStar: 10:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
[quote author=Ezeanochie post=44528911]Embattled Senate President Bukola Saraki on friday said he would not yield to growing calls from Nigerians that he should step down amid growing corruption scandals.

Mr. Saraki said those calling for his resignation were being sponsored by politicians who had always opposed his leadership since he emerged Senate President last June, He added that his detractors were trying to circumvent the country’s judicial system.
Mr. Saraki was responding to a story published by PREMIUM TIMES earlier today, in which the Transition Monitoring Group lend its voice to a growing call for the Senate President’s ouster.
In a text message sent to our reporter by his Special Adviser on Media, Yusuph Olaniyonu, Mr. Saraki said he was not contemplating resignation.

“There’s a case in the Tribunal and a resultant appeal at the Court of Appeal,” the statement said. “The underlining philosophy of our legal system is that an accused person is presumed innocent until found guilty.”

“Those who are contemplating calls for resignation want to circumvent the judicial system. They are obviously being sponsored by some politicians.
“The Senate President is not contemplating any resignation. He will surely have his day in court.”
Foramfera
Since Mr. Saraki was arraigned by the Code of Conduct Tribunal and the PREMIUM TIMES expose about his secret offshore assets in tax havens, the calls for him to step down has continued to mount.
On Thursday, several activists and other Nigerians openly called on the Senate President to resign. They were joined today by the TMG.

PREMIUM TIMES had reported on Monday that Mr. Saraki failed to disclose four assets found to be in his wife’s name offshore, in violation of Nigeria’s code of conduct law.

That revelation came to light following the leak of a trove of internal data from the Panama-based offshore-provider, Mossack Fonseca, obtained by the German newspaper, Süddeutsche Zeitung, and shared by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) with PREMIUM TIMES and over 100 other media partners in 82 countries.

In his response to that publication, Mr. Saraki said the controversial assets belonged to the estate of his wife’s rich and famous family, and that the law did not mandate him to declare such a category of assets.
But PREMIUM TIMES later found that the assets neither belong to Toyin, his wife, nor to her family’s estate. They are clearly Mr. Saraki’s.

According to the new documents retrieved by PREMIUM TIMES from the massive Mossack Fonseca database, the assets in Toyin’s name are actually held in trust for Mr. Saraki, Nigeria’s third most powerful official.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/201462-panamapapers-i-wont-resign-senate-president-bukola-saraki-says.html

Who u come dey threaten? U sef sit down ask urself- why e say any where thief issue show ur name must dey there? Every time u claim u are being witch-hunted. What have u done to show that u are clean? U are always in the news for a bad reason. U better do the needful n stop deceiving urself by thinking u are powerful.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by omogidi234(m): 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
yarimo:
Some time I wish am close to saraki when is saying this kind of statement the kind slap I go give him, him go no say prison is the right place for him than the Senate chamber

Abeg if you have the opportunity to sit near him don't dare oh. Those SSS guys no dey joke oh!
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by xreal: 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
Shameless 1diot.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Afroconnect: 10:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
appini:
Saraki must continue with the good job in the Senate.

Am sure he has given you crumbs...bloody dog.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by gigabyte13: 10:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
And who said you should resign? by the time ARASE and his boys drag you like a common criminal like they did to TAFA BALOGUN, then you will learn what honour mean.

Shameless thief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
This Saraki can lie!
Chai.
He go soon know say na only him waka come.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by ybalogs(m): 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
Not when you've finally been indicted.
The US senate is been controlled by the opposition(Republicans).
The Nigerian senate should be manned by the Opposition(PDP)
Benefits:
1. Having the opposition control the legislature,will keep the executive ruling party on their toes. They'll strive to be even more efficient,accountable and swift in the implementation of working policies.
2. It strengthens true Democracy and competition.
#SupportEkweremadu
Who says America is better for that? Do you even know the problems in America policies? All countries with their own problems, how we manage the qualms is what we should focus on now.

2 Likes

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

Hehehehe, my brother, with what is presently happening to saraki, ekweremadu would reject that seat even if he is offered in a plater of gold.
You think he also would want his secrets and skeleton in his cupboard to be reviewed to the Nigerian public?
It musn't be Ekweremadu per say,any other PDP senator could mount the horse. The point is,the opposition(PDP) should man control of the senate to keep the executive fully in check.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
I normally was not gon' respond to such comment as this,but lemme school you a lil'.
Did you realise that the PDP's government was more effecient and delivery in terms of service during their latter days when Aminu Tambuwal and other PDP legislators defected to APC,thereby giving the opposition(APC) a sort of control over the legislative arm?

The US Congress is not working well with an opposition held house. On the contrary they tried to kill Obama care, they've been anti gun control in spite of the large amounts of people dying from gun crimes. They are trying to block Obama appointing supreme Court justices and Obama has only been able to make headway based on his aggressive use of Executive Orders that bypass congressional approval.

The people of Nigeria voted for an APC controlled legislature and executive because they wanted to arm the President to dismantle corruption. The wishes of this majority of people are being tampered with by back room deals outside of the electoral process.

When PMB begins governing through executive orders, they will call him a dictator but that's is exactly what he will do if NASS want to hobble his program. The constitutional provisions backing the use of executive orders are there for him to use.

2 Likes

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Rexology: 10:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
In all thses fights the masses are the ultimate losers, whereas the politicians are the ultimate gainers.
Remember where two Elephants are fighting...
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by habiham: 10:37pm On Apr 08, 2016
What will the poor masses gain from saraki resignation ? All I'm after is good leadership....
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
It musn't be Ekweremadu per say,any other PDP senator could mount the horse. The point is,the opposition(PDP) should man control of the senate to keep the executive fully in check.
I get your drill bro.
But any other PDP senators re also politicians and there is no politician whom has gotten to such political stage in life with no skeletons in his cupboard. And that's what they won't want to be reviewed to the general public.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
ybalogs:

Who says America is better for that? Do you even know the problems in America policies? All countries with their own problems, how we manage the qualms is what we should focus on now.
Not with the executive and its party elements trying to play into the affairs of the legislature. There should be separation of power,and this can truly be achieved when the opposition is in control of the legislative arm.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Charlesdock(m): 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
He would soon be yeyed! grin
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Ndolarr: 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
I don't need a compromised Nigerian legal system to tell me that Saraki is corrupt. The evidence is overwhelming! If he is not guilty, why hire 90 lawyers? Why bring in forensic experts from Israel? Why was he shopping round several courts to stall the trial? The 10 days breather given him by the apparently 'intimidated' CCT Chairman will be used to full advantage!! It is either a compromised judge will be made to give a satanic ruling stalling the ongoing CCT trial or put the Tribunal Chairman himself on trial!!! I don't see his conviction happening just like in the case of Ibori, until a court in Europe tries him. Time will prove me right.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
Saraki should either decamp to PDP or resign so Ekweremadu can become the next Senate President. We can not afford to have silly APC members in sensitive positions anymore.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by eleko1: 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
They'll GBAGBO dis thief soon. Make We DeY Wait sad
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Mstings: 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
Amitex:
I predict that Saraki and his senators would fight back soon. Expect an impeachment notice to the president in the coming weeks. Remember, I said this on this forum!
Well but I think that's too far fetched but not knocking it off the table tho. They might do it for the sake of drama. Nigerian politicians are kuku master dramatist
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Skain(m): 10:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
We Shall See...
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by eleko1: 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
ARASE tenure Yaf finish.
gigabyte13:
And who said you should resign? by the time ARASE and his boys drag you like a common criminal like they did to TAFA BALOGUN, then you will learn what honour mean.

Shameless thief.
Just Wish ABbah KYari is either DIG/AIG.That Man Nah Super cop
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by 3moses: 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
Amitex:
I predict that Saraki and his senators would fight back soon. Expect an impeachment notice to the president in the coming weeks. Remember, I said this on this forum!
no where they fight corruption that doesn't fight back...
it would be so gravious for our democracy if the impeachment was passed.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Larryfest(m): 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
Y shud you resign na? Governance na ur birthrite n inheritance na...useless set of politicians,until dey ar all wiped out dis country will neva move forward..no b curse na fact
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by ybalogs(m): 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
A drowning man will clutch at a straw.
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by shineeye1: 11:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
Ndolarr:
I don't need a compromised Nigerian legal system to tell me that Saraki is corrupt. The evidence is overwhelming! If he is not guilty, why hire 90 lawyers? Why bring in forensic experts from Israel? Why was he shopping round several courts to stall the trial? The 10 days breather given him by the apparently 'intimidated' CCT Chairman will be used to full advantage!! It is either a compromised judge will be made to give a satanic ruling stalling the ongoing CCT trial or put the Tribunal Chairman himself on trial!!! I don't see his conviction happening just like in the case of Ibori, until a court in Europe tries him. Time will prove me right.

Well analized! Was it not This same nigerian judicial system That tried ibori and acquitted him of all corruption charges? But This same man hardly began trial overseas when he pleaded guilty in the face of overwhelming evidences and an incorruptable judiciary.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by asikokommw: 11:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
appini:
Saraki must continue with the good job in the Senate.

Are you high on somfn new?
Re: Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign by Justicealh3(m): 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
What if you beome a leader of our dear country 2mrrw nko What'll be you, satan
Xonology:
Fvck Saraki, fvck PDP, bigger fvck to APC, fvck all the past and present leaders.. May devil punish all of you angry
I was the one Like your comment first,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"See The Moment Peter Obi Was Caught Lying On The Candidate" - Lauretta Onochie / How Abubakar Rimi Deposed Emir Of Kano & Appointed Emirs (Throwback) / APC Rally Live From Warri City Stadium(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.