Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Kids Outside Wedlock? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kids Outside Wedlock? (3186 Views)

what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? / Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? / Your Husband/Wife Loves You But Has Kids Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by mamaput(f): 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2007
The problems Nigerian Girls are going through is that you Nigerian men think they are not good enough for you.
It is you men that like to go and bring a girl from home. A good girl that has not open eye.
Nigerian women hear their bio Clock ticking and go ahead and have their kids with or with out Husband.
Whats the big deal as long as the mother knows the fathers name. and the way to his village
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Easyy(m): 10:20pm On Jan 07, 2007
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Easyy(m): 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2007
mamaput:

The problems Nigerian Girls are going through is that you Nigerian men think they are not good enough for you.
It is you men that like to go and bring a girl from home. A good girl that has not open eye.
Nigerian women hear their bio Clock ticking and go ahead and have their kids with or with out Husband.
Whats the big deal as long as the mother knows the fathers name. and the way to his village

I think you'll find that most Nigerian men do not really care where their Nigerian wives are from as long as they are not acting too westernised. It's not about 'open eye', in my opinion, but what a girl does when she has got to the level of 'open eye'.

They often regret it later in life and what irks me is the fact that they are all too willing to mislead younger ones rather than tell them where they have gone wrong. I'm not really an expert on this subject matter so I should keep it at that grin
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by mamaput(f): 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2007
Please bring more links
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Radiant(f): 10:27pm On Jan 07, 2007
mamaput:

Whats the big deal as long as the[b] mother knows the fathers name. and the way to his village[/b]
lmao grin
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Easyy(m): 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2007
You may wish to read the book "Broken Homes, Broken Children" by Mary Eberstadt
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Easyy(m): 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2007
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Easyy(m): 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2007
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Easyy(m): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2007
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Easyy(m): 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2007
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Radiant(f): 10:58pm On Jan 07, 2007
Easy, this one you know all the links and whatever, are you a victim?
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by ikamefa(f): 11:15pm On Jan 07, 2007
prolly !

those links are cry
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Eurphoria(f): 12:53am On Jan 08, 2007
lol @Rad
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Easyy(m): 9:59am On Jan 08, 2007
Radiant:

Easy, this one you know all the links and whatever, are you a victim?

I am shocked that you are unable to realise that these things are extremely easy to look up online just by putting them into google or any other search engine.
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Easyy(m): 10:00am On Jan 08, 2007
Eurphoria:

lol @Rad

why does this not suprise me
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Radiant(f): 11:55am On Jan 08, 2007
Easy, I know they're such links but to go digging them and reading them is way out of my comprehension.

Easyy:

why does this not suprise me

Why should it? Go n sleep my friend!
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Easyy(m): 1:27pm On Jan 08, 2007
Radiant:

Easy, I know they're such links but to go digging them and reading them is way out of my comprehension.

I read stuff when I feel the need to. You don't even know what I do in life and what I may have done in life to make me want to find out about stuff but it's way out of your comprehension for anyone to go digging and reading stuff that don't support your lifestyle, fine thought system.

Radiant:

I have slept and woken up, as I do everyday and will continue to do as long as God gives me life in this world. I have no such concerns as single parenthood, child out of wedlock etc. I am thankful to God.
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Radiant(f): 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2007
I see you have a reason to read up such infos. Goodluck!
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Easyy(m): 1:41pm On Jan 08, 2007
Radiant:

I see you have a reason to read up such infos. Goodluck!

that reason has obviously not been enough to push me to ask for advise on planned single parenthood, goodluck to you too.

My first son is over 12 and I just returned from a holiday with my family, that's probably enough reason for me to worry about you wanting advise on having kids out of wedlock.
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Easyy(m): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2007
I just checked again for confirmation and, a child born out of wedlock is a Bastard, according to the dictionary.
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Eurphoria(f): 8:35pm On Jan 08, 2007
wow now that my friend deserves a round of applause----pls everyone on your feet this man just dropped a major discovery ***yawn** like Radiant said ''
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by feelgood(m): 10:00pm On Jan 08, 2007
I suppose we should hear from pple born outside wedlock- if they advocate same.
For me, kids outside wedlock usually turns out unfair 2 the kids eventually.
My kids usually feel sorry 4 friends who miss out on real family life- I do too
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Eurphoria(f): 10:47pm On Jan 08, 2007
ok what about kids with the proposed mama and papa, picture perfect familia who are as we speak enduring all sorts of mental abuse by ---wait for it '' parents who are bad for each other, who truamatise their children '' how's that for ''wedlock? i am not saying it is right to just go and have kids for the sake of it, but situation happens and bang!! who is holding the baby? either the single mum or single dad and what do they do? throw the baby out with the kitchen sink? no they dont they make do and do the best they can and i have seen some ppl do a great job.

It is different if for instance she has a loose lipsrsealed and begins to have kids willy nilly that is different, you will find its women like that who make a mess of bringing up the children and often their kids end up with babies out of wedlock to carry the tradition, it becomes a cycle.

Bottom line there is no perfect setting, wedlock is over rated and many parents do damage to kids for the sake of wedlock,
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by feelgood(m): 11:19pm On Jan 08, 2007
Dear Eurphoria, a 'picture perfect' family with the kids going thru harrowing experiences is d opposite.
I also blve dat marriage is really underrated, but then I suppose you have ur reasons. And I'm truly a very old fashioned xtian
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Eurphoria(f): 11:25pm On Jan 08, 2007
ok i see where you viewing this from, i respect that smiley
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Radiant(f): 11:28pm On Jan 08, 2007
feelgood:

And I'm truly a very old fashioned xtian

I found this funny grin but don't actually know what you mean by that. Could you be kind enough to explain? Thanks!
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by feelgood(m): 11:57pm On Jan 08, 2007
dear Radiant- ie a blvr in plain old bible injunctions & standards; which I realise now a lot of folks find pretty offensive and outdated/oldfashioned
But it's been working 4 me & dat's why my posts are so tilted. Not offended, are you?
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Radiant(f): 12:25am On Jan 09, 2007
Not at all offended. smiley

You mean, you stick by the rules and regulations of God huh? That's good. Bless ya! smiley
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Eurphoria(f): 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2007
good for you feelgood, i wish i could be like you wink
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Easyy(m): 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2007
feelgood:

Dear Eurphoria, a 'picture perfect' family with the kids going through harrowing experiences is d opposite.
I also blve that marriage is really underrated, but then I suppose you have your reasons. And I'm truly a very old fashioned xtian

feelgood, God bless you and your family. It's always good to know that there is still a majority of people who are leading good and decent lives as opposed to the vociferous few who try to encourage indiscretion in family life and encourage others to lead loose lifestyles.

Remain blessed bro
Re: Kids Outside Wedlock? by Radiant(f): 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2007
Eurphoria:

i wish i could be like you wink

wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Most Cruel Women In The World / What Can I Do To My Stomack After Delivery? / Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.