Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here (3204 Views)

Be Sensitive To Your Wife’s Feelings Too! / As A Man Or A Woman, Learn To Keep Some Sensitive Info Abt Ur....... / Dealing With A Highly Sensitive Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2023
If you’re a highly sensitive person, you have a heightened awareness of the stimuli around you, which can be good or bad. HSPs tend to be bothered by violence and can easily be overwhelmed, which leads them to avoid certain situations. Highly sensitive people can also be very creative and have a deep level of empathy.

“Highly sensitive people are built more deeply, emotionally and mentally than most people,” notes Dr. Childs. “It’s more than their emotions. It can also be sensitivity to textures and sounds. You might not like big crowds or bright lights.”

And while we all tend to have sensitivities, with HSPs, they tend to experience these sensitivities on a higher level.
Copied from Clevelandclinic.org.

I am a Highly sensitive person myself. If you're one or recognise high sensitivity in yourself, you may have struggled a great deal especially in your relationship with others. Everyday life may well seem depressing sometimes if not most times. HSPs tend to suffer life than most because we are hardly understood by others, and because there's very little by way of support. Most HSPs suffer in silence, often battling guilt for there high sensitivity.

One thing though most HSP'S won't tell you though is, they feel blessed and special, because of the special abilities they possess, such as higher intellect, forethought, foresight, great analytics, empathy, etc. But as with anything and everything in nature, being a HSP is a double edged sword - there are also very unique challenges that they face, such as anxiety, fear, difficult relationships with most people, high sensitivity to environment, etc.

The goodnews though is as they say, Knowledge is power. Most HSPs suffer for a lack of knowledge about themselves and their nature, and this is due to no fault of theirs. There has been very little shared information about this trait until recently. There is however now a growing number of studies and researches on the trait, and that is proving very very beneficial. I for one can attest to the benefits of the hard work of some of these wonderful researchers.

Like they say, a problem known is half solved. If you have been accused by others or yourself of being too sensitive, learning about this trait will prove very beneficial, at least, you'll benefit from knowing that there's nothing wrong with you, and you're not alone in your struggles. You'll be able to better understand yourself and take charge of your life. Even better, you'll be able to relate better with other people on the basis of knowledge.

HSPs also benefit the most from having a community of like minds where they can share their feelings, thoughts, fears, excitements, anxieties, etc, without judgement; where they can be understood. There a few such communities especially on facebook, and I belong to some. But I have observed that very few Nigerians are present in those groups, making me feel that there is a lack of awareness or reluctance on the subject. So feel free to share your story here, your struggles, your coping mechanism, your victories too. grin

Let's support one another in love and understanding.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Oluromantic: 8:47pm On Apr 28, 2023
Very nice write up. You just described the melancholic introverts. They have a very sensitive nature and tend to be oversensitive sometimes. Only people like themselves can effortlessly understand them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 9:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
Oluromantic:
Very nice write up. You just described the melancholic introverts. They have a very sensitive nature and tend to be oversensitive sometimes. Only people like themselves can effortlessly understand them

Absolutely! The world of the HSP is an interesting one, as you'll soon find out when more us begin telling our stories here. The similarities and peculiarities HSPs have in common is amazing.

Thanks for your contribution
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by GboyegaD(m): 12:41am On Apr 29, 2023
I am; are we getting some free funds?

In my case, I have learned to mask my melancholic side (which is super sensitive) over the years and those who know that about me are those who are very close to me. Luckily, I have some sanguine traits and this I have learned to explore to mask the greater melancholic part of me but trust me, it can't be fully masked. This is the reason why most of the time, it is those who are very close to me that can hurt me because I feel they know me and do it intentionally. I believe the sanguine trait in me has helped me to be very less sensitive around those not close to me.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by candelahria(f): 6:52am On Apr 29, 2023
I am a HSP, also an empath and INFJ. I cry very easily and I usually can't help it. Is that characteristic of HSPs?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 7:37am On Apr 29, 2023
GboyegaD:
I am; are we getting some free funds?

In my case, I have learned to mask my melancholic side (which is super sensitive) over the years and those who know that about me are those who are very close to me. Luckily, I have some sanguine traits and this I have learned to explore to mask the greater melancholic part of me but trust me, it can't be fully masked. This is the reason why most of the time, it is those who are very close to me that can hurt me because I feel they know me and do it intentionally. I believe the sanguine trait in me has helped me to be very less sensitive around those not close to me.

I'm happy for you grin, and by the way, no free funds lol. The whole idea is to share our struggles, challenges and experiences associated with being HSP's, as well as our coping mechanism just like you've stated.

Like you rightly stated, you can never fully mask your highly sensitive trait. In fact my goal here, is to help us see that it may not be necessary to mask our HSP trait as that on its own adds stress to the already stressful life of a HSP. That is why knowledge about the trait is very important. You only mask what you consider undesirable and perhaps improper, but high sensitivity is a product of nature - a wonderful gift of nature in fact. You're not responsible for being a HSP, more than you are responsible for being dark or light skinned. The need to mask it is very understandable, as is the need to bleach a darker skin society-speaking, but in both cases, you end up hurting yourself, and yourself is what should matter most to you, not the opinion of others who, by the way, to be honest, are not nearly as bothered by your HSP trait as you assume they are. And I can't tell you from experience that, because HSP's are Empaths by nature, we are valued and adored by most who get to know us closely, but as with anything in nature, Empaths have their not so desirable side. Nature I believe is a double edged sword, and for me, therein lies its beauty. Nature is beautiful because everything in it is complimentary; light and darkness, bitter and sweet, hot and cold, long and short, even life and death. We appreciate the other because we know the other. Life will be meaningless if only the one existed without the other I believe.

So same applies with your highly sensitive nature. Rather than focus on the "downsides", why not see the amazing gifts inherent in this beautiful trait. Yes, I call it beautiful, because I now know better. Learning about higher sensitivity has greatly changed my life. Once upon a time, in fact, for decades, I too felt it was a problem trait; one that needs to be masked, and I did do my best to mask it, but as all HSP's knows too well, it always has a way of showing up itself grin, because that is who we are, it's our very being; it colours everything we do in life.

HSP's, believe it or not, operate at a different energy field from most. The simple reason is that you operate at a conscious level more of time than most. You take note of details even in seemingly small things that most people around you overlook. You can easily tell that somebody is not happy, is going through some difficulties, that somebody likes or hates you, that somebody isn't genuin, etc. Some HSP's can sense the mood of animals and even plants, I kid you not. If you know, any animal right activist, if you know anyone who won't cage a dog, a bird, or any animal, you probably have seen a HSP. If you know anyone who enjoys tending to flowers and trees, who enjoys being out in nature, he or she is probably a HSP. Please note that I am not implying that non HSP's do not have these abilities or concerns for nature, but it common among HSP's.

Sorry this is already way longer than I intended, so I'll leave it here for now. There's so much to share about the world of HSP's, and I intend to keep sharing here hopefully, and I look forward to other HSP's doing same here as well.

Again, I emphasise, feel free to share your worries, fears, challenges, etc, associated with being HSP, and as a community, we can help validate it, and help you know how we manage similar situations in our own lives. You're not alone, and you're not crazy. In fact, I see HSP's as nature's gift to humanity; no apologies!

If you're wondering if you're a highly sensitive person, you can go to Google and take a questionnaire; I believe there are some. You'll probably answer questions about what you already know about yourself. But trust me, if you're a HSP, you'll know if you're honest enough with yourself.

Wishing you all peace.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 8:00am On Apr 29, 2023
Yes... I follow for this Group. "HSPs feel blessed and special because of some personal abilities they posses."

At times most persons that don't understand a HSP person, think such person act like a dumb or weird

At times, a HSP person is boring to be with....but you don't know that he/she is observing the environment he/she is in.
At times, it takes a while to bring out the interesting part of a HSP person.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 8:04am On Apr 29, 2023
Highly sensitive persons act best in a conducive and friendly environment than in a hostile/hash environment.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 8:31am On Apr 29, 2023
candelahria:
I am a HSP, also an empath and INFJ. I cry very easily and I usually can't help it. Is that characteristic of HSPs?

Absolutely!!! You are spot on HSP. We share very similar traits too grin. The only "slight" difference, might be the cry, and I qualified the slight, because I do cry as well, but maybe not very easily. But I enjoy crying, in fact, I love it.

Sometimes i engage in activities that makes me cry. It's so soothing. Usually it's my imaginative world that I plunge into cheesy, I don't know about you, but it's my best cinema. The movies can seem so real grin. Sometimes I'm one of the characters, at other times, I'm not, but a loved one or I always have a role to play in the movies grin. It's usually in this cinema, that a lot of my crying and tears flow from. I do get to cry from watching certain movies on TV too, especially historical movies based on true life events.
Another trigger for me is when I think of someone or people going through some challenges; usually I could get lost in thought about their situation, and that usually makes me cry.

Wow, thank for identifying with our beautiful community. So can you please share with us how you cope with your highly sensitive nature; do you consider it a gift more than a burden or vice versa?

And please let us more about your unique traits. For example, I enjoy aloneness. My God! being alone is so so pleasant. I never get bored or lonely. I've actually gone on one week vacations and spent nearly half the duration indoors alone cheesy, only coming out at evenings to take a walk and eat grin.

More about my unique HSP traits to come smiley.

Thanks @candelahria for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 8:34am On Apr 29, 2023
"HSPs are valued and adored by those who know them closely" - True.

At times, it looks strange when I meet persons with Emotional troubles, without them speaking up first, I begin to ask "What's troubling your mind?" When they hesitate to speak up at first, I start bringing up positive words to pacify their emotion. Later, most do wonder "How do you know something is disturbing my mind ?" .... I just smile.

I can tell a person's personality/character by the person's voice, laughter...even by movements.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 8:47am On Apr 29, 2023
@awakened38, do you experience this too?

I do avoid persons,situations and anything that would affect my mood/emotion negatively.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 8:47am On Apr 29, 2023
henrimoto:
Yes... I follow for this Group. "HSPs feel blessed and special because of some personal abilities they posses."

At times most persons that don't understand a HSP person, think such person act like a dumb or weird

At times, a HSP person is boring to be with....but you don't know that he/she is observing the environment he/she finds himself.
At times, it takes a while to bring out the interesting part of a HSP person.

@henrimoto, you're absolutely correct wink

Such a delight to have you on board. I can already feel your positive energy. I came across this quote from philosopher sometime ago during my research. I can't remember the quote word for word, but it went some thing like, "back in the days, shamans were made up of highly sensitive people". It resonated with me because when I see the unique abilities that HSP's possess, I have no doubt about what possibilities that are open to us.

I've come to see too from my personal experience, that the more you embrace your highly sensitive nature as a special gift from God and nature, the more abilities inherent in you becomes obvious to you. More on this with time.

Welcome to our community

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 9:01am On Apr 29, 2023
One common characteristics of HSPs is with respect our high energy burnout, largely because we get easily overwhelmed. I find that I'm more energetic in the mornings, so I'm likely to be more available and post comments here at mornings than the rest of the day when energies levels drop. I'll try to do so at other times of the day, but please understand if I'm unable to. Meanwhile I trust that we will all keep making our contributions irrespective, as this is a community of likeminds.

Our goal is to provide support and validation, not criticize and put down please. Remember to ignore trolls if any shows up. We are fragile people remember; some of us more so than others.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 9:15am On Apr 29, 2023
Yes, I agree with you on the fragile nature of HSPs, I don't know if it's all. This is one of the reasons I avoid situations, people, groups and whatever that will affect my emotions negatively.

Do other HSPs experience this too ? I tend to think of other persons around me more than myself....and I place more value/respect on Intelligence rather than Wealth/money.

I don't know o, this is me. I can easily humble myself before an intelligent person ( even when I'm older than the person) than a wealthy person.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 29, 2023
Since when? Something I found out long ago. I'm both an INFJ and an HSP to the core.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by GboyegaD(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
Awakened38:

I'm happy for you grin, and by the way, no free funds lol. The whole idea is to share our struggles, challenges and experiences associated with being HSP's, as well as our coping mechanism just like you've stated.

Like you rightly stated, you can never fully mask your highly sensitive trait. In fact my goal here, is to help us see that it may not be necessary to mask our HSP trait as that on its own adds stress to the already stressful life of a HSP. That is why knowledge about the trait is very important. You only mask what you consider undesirable and perhaps improper, but high sensitivity is a product of nature - a wonderful gift of nature in fact. You're not responsible for being a HSP, more than you are responsible for being dark or light skinned. The need to mask it is very understandable, as is the need to bleach a darker skin society-speaking, but in both cases, you end up hurting yourself, and yourself is what should matter most to you, not the opinion of others who, by the way, to be honest, are not nearly as bothered by your HSP trait as you assume they are. And I can't tell you from experience that, because HSP's are Empaths by nature, we are valued and adored by most who get to know us closely, but as with anything in nature, Empaths have their not so desirable side. Nature I believe is a double edged sword, and for me, therein lies its beauty. Nature is beautiful because everything in it is complimentary; light and darkness, bitter and sweet, hot and cold, long and short, even life and death. We appreciate the other because we know the other. Life will be meaningless if only the one existed without the other I believe.

So same applies with your highly sensitive nature. Rather than focus on the "downsides", why not see the amazing gifts inherent in this beautiful trait. Yes, I call it beautiful, because I now know better. Learning about higher sensitivity has greatly changed my life. Once upon a time, in fact, for decades, I too felt it was a problem trait; one that needs to be masked, and I did do my best to mask it, but as all HSP's knows too well, it always has a way of showing up itself grin, because that is who we are, it's our very being; it colours everything we do in life.

HSP's, believe it or not, operate at a different energy field from most. The simple reason is that you operate at a conscious level more of time than most. You take note of details even in seemingly small things that most people around you overlook. You can easily tell that somebody is not happy, is going through some difficulties, that somebody likes or hates you, that somebody isn't genuin, etc. Some HSP's can sense the mood of animals and even plants, I kid you not. If you know, any animal right activist, if you know anyone who won't cage a dog, a bird, or any animal, you probably have seen a HSP. If you know anyone who enjoys tending to flowers and trees, who enjoys being out in nature, he or she is probably a HSP. Please note that I am not implying that non HSP's do not have these abilities or concerns for nature, but it common among HSP's.

Sorry this is already way longer than I intended, so I'll leave it here for now. There's so much to share about the world of HSP's, and I intend to keep sharing here hopefully, and I look forward to other HSP's doing same here as well.

Again, I emphasise, feel free to share your worries, fears, challenges, etc, associated with being HSP, and as a community, we can help validate it, and help you know how we manage similar situations in our own lives. You're not alone, and you're not crazy. In fact, I see HSP's as nature's gift to humanity; no apologies!

If you're wondering if you're a highly sensitive person, you can go to Google and take a questionnaire; I believe there are some. You'll probably answer questions about what you already know about yourself. But trust me, if you're a HSP, you'll know if you're honest enough with yourself.

Wishing you all peace.

I felt in my case, as I grew older and realized there wasn't much I could do because that was my personality, I had to start thinking of how to manage myself better. The books of Tim LaHaye and some other articles helped as well.

I am the life of a small party where I know everyone and they know me well and the ghost in a medium/ large party. I used to avoid parties in all but with time, as I learned to manage things, it got better.

Growing up, many felt I was proud but they never knew I was just avoiding issues. I guess that is the reason why my friends are very very few but very long term.

4 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Rach310(f): 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
I'm an hsp but will love to be less sensitive cause some people do take advantage of one,I easily forgive and I don't like that,I don't know why I keep putting myself in people's shoes it makes me feel hurt,I want to be selfish,I actually wish I was less sensitive.Its like I feel different energies all at once, honestly it feels exhausting.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 9:29pm On Apr 29, 2023
henrimoto:
Highly sensitive persons act best in a conducive and friendly environment than in a hostile/hash environment.

That is very true. But such environment hardly ever exist for us grin. But you're absolutely right. Our goal however is to be able to function the best we can irrespective of the atmosphere or environment. Hope your day was glorious as was mine grin

1 Like

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 9:44pm On Apr 29, 2023
henrimoto:
"HSPs are valued and adored by those who know them closely" - True.

At times, it looks strange when I meet persons with Emotional troubles, without them speaking up first, I begin to ask "What's troubling your mind?" When they hesitate to speak up at first, I start bringing up positive words to pacify their emotion. Later, most do wonder "How do you know something is disturbing my mind ?" .... I just smile.

I can tell a person's personality/character by the person's voice, laughter...even by movements.

I can relate 100%. Our ability to tell what's going on within the other and empathise with them is amazing. Just like you, I'm in the habit of wanting to help the other even when they don't seem eager for the help I'm trying to render. I find myself always giving unsolicited advice and suggestions for virtually every problem. I feel guilty when I can't help a person in need.

And yes, HSPs are experts in figuring out people. I am able to form an impression of another merely by looking at their face. By the time I have 5 minutes or more of association with the fellow, I can already tell whether he's somebody I'll like to be friends with or not. If you're considering becoming a detective, by all means, do not hesitate because you're born one already grin.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 9:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
henrimoto:
@awakened38, do you experience this too?

I do avoid persons,situations and anything that would affect my mood/emotion negatively.

Yes 100% smiley
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2023
Awakened38:

That is very true. But such environment hardly ever exist for us grin. But you're absolutely right. Our goal however is to be able to function the best we can irrespective of the atmosphere or environment. Hope your day was glorious as was mine grin
...very well, thank you.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 9:55pm On Apr 29, 2023
Awakened38:

I can relate 100%. Our ability to tell what's going on within the other and empathise with them is amazing. Just like you, I'm in the habit of wanting to help the other even when they don't seem eager for the help I'm trying to render.

I find myself always giving unsolicited advice and suggestions for virtually every problem.
I feel guilty when I can't help a person in need.

And yes, HSPs are experts in figuring out people. I am able to form an impression of another merely by looking at their face. By the time I have 5 minutes or more of association with the fellow, I can already tell whether he's somebody I'll like to be friends with or not. If you're considering becoming a detective, by all means, do not hesitate because you're born one already grin.
😆 😆 the bolded part got me laughing. My own na question wey them ask another person, and it happens that I know the question, I find my self wanting to answer the question, I had to hold myself and remind myself that "uncle, respect yourself" .....
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
Awakened38:

I can relate 100%. Our ability to tell what's going on within the other and empathise with them is amazing. Just like you, I'm in the habit of wanting to help the other even when they don't seem eager for the help I'm trying to render. I find myself always giving unsolicited advice and suggestions for virtually every problem. I feel guilty when I can't help a person in need.

And yes, HSPs are experts in figuring out people. I am able to form an impression of another merely by looking at their face. By the time I have 5 minutes or more of association with the fellow,
I can already tell whether he's somebody I'll like to be friends with or not. If you're considering becoming a detective, by all means, do not hesitate because you're born one already grin.
About the bolded part, I have been asked on one or two occasions..." Are you a Prophet ?" "Are you a spiritual person ,?" My reply is always "No, I'm not one"
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
henrimoto:
Yes, I agree with you on the fragile nature of HSPs, I don't know if it's all. This is one of the reasons I avoid situations, people, groups and whatever that will affect my emotions negatively.

Do other HSPs experience this too ? I tend to think of other persons around me more than myself....and I place more value/respect on Intelligence rather than Wealth/money.

I don't know o, this is me. I can easily humble myself before an intelligent person ( even when I'm older than the person) than a wealthy person.

Like I stated earlier, HSPs are amazingly similar. I share all the traits you mentioned. First, I am not materialistic just like you, and I've always been this way for as long as I can remember. I however fear poverty, because I don't know about you, but I don't know how to ask for help from others, in fact I rarely ever do if at all. It's not about pride, but I guess I just don't want to bother anyone. Usually, I'll pay to get whatever help I need whenever possible. Sometimes I go to great lengths to discover solutions myself rather than bother anybody. This ofcourse does not include close family members. I have no problems asking for help from immediate family members, but even that is done with due consideration.

Yes, so as far as material things are concerned, HSPs seem to put them in perspective. We know there true value; that they are transcient at best. We are able to examine the lives of others who have attained wealth, and often we can see through the glamour; we can see that although money is good and necessary, a lot of it doesn't necessarily translate to a happier life. I'll give you an example; often when most people think of relocating from Nigeria, their biggest concern is where they can make big money, but I for my part, if I must leave, although I don't wish to, my concern has always been about the environment and nature. I'll not want to relocate to hustling and bustling city, I'd rather prefer a place that is quite, peaceful, good weather, and cheap economically grin. But that's just me, the choice may be different for others and that's fine too.

And just like you, I value intelligence greatly too. In fact, I love intelligent people. Because we love to learn, HSPs are drawn to intelligent people. I have this principle, if I have to go anywhere, I always base my decision on what and if I'm going to learn anything enriching there, otherwise its always hard for me to go. And by the way, HSPs are naturally very intelligent people, so no surprise we are drawn to intelligent people. But don't get me wrong, sometimes I go to places I don't necessarily enjoy, but just to make others happy. I don't like crowds you know grin

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
Exodus15v11:
Since when? Something I found out long ago. I'm an HSP to the core.

We are glad to have you on board. Please share your experiences with us if you don't mind
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2023
GboyegaD:

I felt in my case, as I grew older and realized there wasn't much I could do because that was my personality, I had to start thinking of how to manage myself better. The books of Tim LaHaye and some other articles helped as well.

I am the life of a small party where I know everyone and they know me well and the ghost in a medium/ large party. I used to avoid parties in all but with time, as I learned to manage things, it got better.

Growing up, many felt I was proud but they never knew I was just avoiding issues. I guess that is the reason why my friends are very very few but very long term.

I resonate with you 100%
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by henrimoto(m): 10:23pm On Apr 29, 2023
@,awakened38, you are also a secretive person ?
Seriously, we both have a lot in common. I also don't know how to ask for help from people, except from persons that are very very close to me. Persons I have also rendered help to in the past, even at that, I still find it difficult to ask for help. And I think this part is not ok . It looks like pride.

I came across this words " Don't be ashame to ask for help"...and I do use it to console my nature .

I also prefer quite and peaceful locations than a rough, roudy, and noisy one.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
Rach310:
I'm an hsp but will love to be less sensitive cause some people do take advantage of one,I easily forgive and I don't like that,I don't know why I keep putting myself in people's shoes it makes me feel hurt,I want to be selfish,I actually wish I was less sensitive.Its like I feel different energies all at once, honestly it feels exhausting.

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll try to share some materials that I believe you'll find helpful. One thing I'll like to say though is, you're beautiful as you are. There's nothing wrong with you. You are a shinning example of what the human race can and should become; caring, forgiving, unselfish, empathetic, considerate, and more. Unfortunately, much of the world see's us as weak, a people to be exploited, but we are far from weak. Like I said, I hope to share materials that will both educate us about being HSP, and how we can protect ourselves from exploitation. One problem HSPs have is, we do not know how to say NO. We are for the most part people pleasers. Hopefully, in no distant time, you can begin to take back control of your life and your space.

Wishing you peace.

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2023
henrimoto:
😆 😆 the bolded part got me laughing. My own na question wey them ask another person, and it happens that I know the question, I find my self wanting to answer the question, I had to hold myself and remind myself that "uncle, respect yourself" .....

grin grin grin

No be small thing o.... grin
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 10:44pm On Apr 29, 2023
henrimoto:
About the bolded part, I have been asked on one or two occasions..." Are you a Prophet ?" "Are you a spiritual person ,?" My reply is always "No, I'm not one"

Well, I'm sorry to disagree with your responses to those questions. I actually believe you are. As a matter of fact, I actually believe that one thing most, if not all prophets and Sages have in common is that they were all HSPs. HSP's who learnt to channel their energies appropriately. Like I've stated before, there are even more phenomenal experiences that awaits you, especially spiritually if you are able to get inside of your being. HSPs are no ordinary people. I make no apologies for saying this, because I know my own experiences. All the experiences you've all been sharing here are no ordinary experiences; don't take them for granted. To many non HSP's, what you guys are narrating here can at best be described as magic.
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 10:48pm On Apr 29, 2023
henrimoto:

My friends call me "coded" as a matter of fact grin.

So you're absolutely correct. I'm very secretive. But at the same time very open. I don't hold back from sharing information I believe will help another. I know you're same way too
Re: Are You A Highly Sensitive Person(hsp) - Come In Here by Awakened38: 10:53pm On Apr 29, 2023
henrimoto:
Seriously, we both have a lot in common. I also don't know how to ask for help from people, except from persons that are very very close to me. Persons I have also rendered help to in the past, even at that, I still find it difficult to ask for help. And I think this part is not ok . It looks like pride.

I came across this words " Don't be ashame to ask for help"...and I do use it to console my nature .

I also prefer quite and peaceful locations than a rough, roudy, and noisy one.

Yes Brother, HSPs are one and the same irrespective of where we come from or live around the world. Our experiences are all the same. And let me tell something. Always trust your gut. Irrespective of what any book or philosopher says, your gut will never decieve you. Your gut is the God intelligence. It's intelligence untainted by learning, society or environment. Even when the message it gives seems unpopular, if its from your gut, trust it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Women Like Calling Each Other Ashawo! / What Will U Do When Someone Lied Aganist U And D Whole World Believed Him / What Lesson Can We Learned From These Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.