Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ (3139 Views)

Pictures Of Looters In Nigeria/ Before And After Karma... / Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi / Zaki-ibiam Genocide: Waku Drags Obasanjoto Icj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Beaf: 2:52am On Aug 02, 2009
There have been a repeated series of extra-judicial killings in Nigeria.
It might seem that there is no authority to account for or bring justice to these murders in Nigeria.

The reasons for the most recent brazen and cold blooded executions, carried out in full glare of the World, are shrouded in the depths of  darkness.
A staccato of conflicting reports and explanations have erupted from various govt organs, leaving a trail of troubling questions such as; there is a possible and ongoing cover up; they are political assassinations; our law enforcement agencies are a band of immoral and cruel incompetents and criminals. . . Gloomy questions.

. . .But there is the International Court of Justice ICJ. Nigeria is a signatory! cool
Anybody can submit a claim to the ICJ. You can also remain anonymous if you so desire.

Is it not high time some of our criminals in high places were brought to book alongside the fellows like?
Charles Taylor (Liberia)
Hissene Habre (Chad)
Joseph Kony of the LRA (Uganda)
Bosco Ntaganda DR Congo
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Beaf: 4:10am On Aug 02, 2009
Corporal Rabiu Bello attached to Kaduna State Criminal Investigation Department (CID) requested a young
apprentice, Haliru Slau Agaba to buy a stick of cigarette for him. Haliru responded that he could not afford it. Corporal
Bello "pulled out a pistol and pumped bullets into the young apprentice, who slumped" (The News, Lagos, 30.04.01). . .

Mrs. Iroh, while roasting plantain (a
local delicacy of the poor) by the roadside was killed by the bullets from the gun of a policeman. The police merely
described the incident as an accidental discharge, and nothing whatsoever was done to contact the family of Mrs. Iroh.
No apology was rendered and no compensation was contemplated.

The list is endless. Unfortunately, the recurring brutality is not abating. Teeth are being gnashed and promising souls
continually lost. Dele Udoh, a very promising Nigerian athlete was brutally gunned down by the police in Lagos in 1999. A
very prominent Nigerian Fuji artist (Adewale Ayuba) was shot in the leg by policemen for refusing to give a “reasonable
settlement”. . .

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=9815
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by RichyBlacK(m): 9:27am On Aug 02, 2009
I agree!
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by CrudeOil2(m): 9:51am On Aug 02, 2009
I do not agree. The boko haramites were a grave threat to national security, stability and unity.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by CrudeOil2(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2009
I do not agree. The boko haramites were a grave threat to national security, stability and unity.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by nex(m): 9:53am On Aug 02, 2009
See, the ICJ can only try to defend the rights of Nigerians when Nigerians say their rights are being abused. Look around you. Nigerians are celebrating extra-judicial killings and some people want to go to the ICJ, Nigerians will make complete idiots of them.

If Taylor had been exonerated by the voices of Liberians and Sierra Leoneans, do you think the ICJ could've had a case against him?

The majority of Nigerians have endorsed extra-judicial killings and there's nothing we can do about it. It's their right and that's why they call it a democracy anyway.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by SapeleGuy: 10:38am On Aug 02, 2009
ICJ na mago mago court, the whole nigeria could be in favour of prosecution but if USA (who are not signatories) and UK are not in favour - una go catch ground.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Beaf: 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2009
SapeleGuy:

ICJ na mago mago court, the whole nigeria could be in favour of prosecution but if USA (who are not signatories) and UK are not in favour - una go catch ground.

Forget mago mago and remember Odi massacre. These guys have got to be made accountable.
In all honesty, I think the army has no sense of millitary strategy and just pour out bombs and amunition at random.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2009
Crude Oil:

So how to sustain Nigeria's unity include to murder people in cold blood inside the police station? no respect for rule of law? no trials?

I think this is a misuse of the phrase 'threat to National Unity', the act of killing people in cold blood is criminal . . . . Nigeria is simply a rogue state.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by alias64: 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2009
These things happen because America no longer has moral authority

Guantanamo:

[img]http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/Image7.gif[/img]

Oscar-grant

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-rucker/justice-for-oscar-grant-i_b_157572.html
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by strangleyo: 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2009
Nigeria shouldn't answer to the foreigners.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Onlytruth(m): 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2009
Most "Nigerians" are fascists and lack the understanding of the rule of law principles. But the unfortunate thing is that the same people turn around to wonder why a single individual with the backing of the security forces would steal the peoples mandate. We will soon see a life president there, because most Nigerians have a genocidal mindset.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Michael13(m): 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2009
all this will end in the world bribe
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Michael13(m): 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2009
all this will end with the word BRIBE[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2009
To each country its own the nigerian government always knows best. grin grin
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Becomrich: 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2009
who and who should go to the ICJ. Already nigeria have commited a crime under international law against human right abuse in the north and delta state. I think nigeria should quickly be smart before they order for yar adua arrest or the senators and others. remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic. because nigeria have commited a crime.

if you remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic. who are they going to arrest . the old nigeria is dead.

Guantanamo prison is allowed under international law. in war you are allowed to arrest people. that what the USA did and they can not be taken to the ICJ. prison of war. but in the case of nigeria yar adua can be arrested and taken to the ICJ. Not only yar adua but the senators , representative and others can be arrested over it. look i can see danger in this. to avoid continue violent in the north. remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic.

i predict there would be violent in nigeria during election, you need to prove how a northerner won an election. remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic. , you make the north the majority. i would post all names of oil field the north would be getting from this.  this way you make the north majority and no need for election rigging. the igbos traders are not ready to leave their shop and fight for the remover of yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic. their are not ready to loss thier good and money because of this. they are mostly traders.

you dont want them to arrest people over some things. 

some Nigeria oilfield that would remain in nigeria. i would post others later.
Afam Umuosi,

Alakiri
Afam
Cawthorne Channel
Usan
Cross River-1
Abana
Ngboko 1 Ngolo 
Agbada
Ekulama
Apara
Imo River
Akri / Oguta

Adanga North
Adanga

Oguta
Qua Ibo
Asasa
Buguma Creek
Asaramatoru
Adua
Adibawa
Oyo
Oron West
Ikong / Nkuku
Etim
Akpor
Ahia
Otamini
Obele
Oza
Korokoro
Yorla
Tai
Utapate South
Orubiri
Krakama
Okono
Bomu
Yokuru 1
Ubie
Agwe
Agbara
Opobo South
Onne
Inanga
Ime
Ima

Elelenwa
Inim
Egbema
Egbema east
Egbema south
Egbema west
Mfem

Odeama Creek
Kolo Creek
Oshi
Yorla South  Nigeria Open Acreage
Kokori
Isimiri

Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 02, 2009
@
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by asha80(m): 7:27pm On Aug 02, 2009
strangleyo:

Nigeria shouldn't answer to the foreigners.

Tell that to Gowon
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by nex(m): 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2009
Becomerich

I hail you O! The solution to everything is somehow linked with Benin Republic. I have told you that we the Edo will join this new Benin Republic arrangement only if the Oba of Benin will be made the supreme leader of the new Republic.

By the way, are you saying Guantanamo bay is legal? Then I guess Gbaramatu is legal too cos we clearly heard MEND declare total war on the FG. So it was war.

Guantanamo Bay is the most human rights abuse any nation has engaged in besides the Iraqi war.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2009
'
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by sley4life(m): 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2009
Y not
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Beaf: 12:39am On Aug 03, 2009
A new picture has surfaced on BBC showing Yusuf hail and hearty after capture by the army; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8180475.stm

One question I have is; the govt told us Yusuf was the leader of this group, but how can they prove it now that they have executed him extra-judicially?

Charles Taylor is before the ICJ. Why not our very own extra-judicial muderers?

Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by RichyBlacK(m): 6:42am On Aug 03, 2009
Beaf:

A new picture has surfaced on BBC showing Yusuf hail and hearty after capture by the army; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8180475.stm

One question I have is; the govt told us Yusuf was the leader of this group, but how can they prove it now that they have executed him extra-judicially?

Charles Taylor is before the ICJ. Why not our very own extra-judicial muderers?

With no reservation, I now put Nigeria firmly in the committee of rogue states.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by okokomeji: 7:46am On Aug 03, 2009
nex:

Becomerich

I hail you O! The solution to everything is somehow linked with Benin Republic. I have told you that we the Edo will join this new Benin Republic arrangement only if the Oba of Benin will be made the supreme leader of the new Republic.
@Nex
You should know already that Oba of Benin doesn't qualify to be a supreme leader. Haba! You want to re-write history grin grin grin
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by NegroNtns(m): 9:09am On Aug 03, 2009
@POST,

I have two comments.

Yes, we need reforms in Nigeria but we do not need to go outside the country for our transformations. We can do it on our own but I will concur that we are not philosophically matured or disciplined sufficiently to tackle the problems we face. The problems are modern day problems that need modern day perspective to resolve, unfortunately our perspectives are archaic in the way we view ourselves and the rest of the world.

My second comment is relating to the ICJ protocol. The ICJ does not handle issues that are deemed domestic to a sovereign member. If a domestic problem is viewed as gross violations of human rights and conditions for the citizens, then the nation is pressured to find solution. Failing a resolution, a peer member nation can act as a sponsor (surrogate) to introduce the grievances on behalf of the aggrieved citizens. The keyword is membership. . .only member nations can introduce briefs against other nations in the capacity of self detrmination or fighting to bring self determination to others who are denied basic rights by their own sovereign nation.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Seun(m): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2009
What I don't understand: the army captured him alive, but the police killed him. WTF?
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by nex(m): 10:05am On Aug 03, 2009
And Nigerians are singing praises. I always knew the masses and the police are friends. They've just been pretending.

See how Nigerians are celebrating the Nigerian Police at the height of the inhumanity. WE LOVE YOU NPF! Kill us! To hell with the judges. They waste time. They give the benefit of doubt, AND WE DON'T WANT THAT!
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by back2back(f): 10:12am On Aug 03, 2009
I am still saying it, who go help me escape this forsaken country??

How many more people have been killed by police like this?

What evidence to show that this guy is actually guilty
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by SegzyJoe(m): 10:22am On Aug 03, 2009
@poster
dream on, why was United States not reported to ICJ or is Guatamala detention camp a hidden secret? For your information, going to ICJ is voluntary, and it has no instrument for enforcement, if you comply with ICJ ruling, you only do that in good faith.

Again, Boko Haram is a security threat to Nigeria, am sure you don't want a prolong court process that will triggered up another killing and kidnapping spree requesting for his release and the country will be held to ransome again? For your information, anybody can be killed on the alter of national security and your fundamental human rights can be stripped once it is an issue of state security.

I think the government should introduce a course on "Social Contract" in General Studies Division in our higher institution, becuase it seemed to me that most Nigerians don't know there is limitation to the Rule of Law or Fundamental Human Rights.

It often borders me how some members of civil society groups in western world open the mouth to tell us how to run our country, as if worst crimes are not been perpetrated thru covert operation by their own security and intelligent agencies.

In short, I disagree with the poster, by popular opinion justice may not have been served, but it served Nigeria well that he was dead. Nigeria cannot afford another long process handling such a sensitive religious issue, with crisis in the Niger Delta, no one need further evidence of a failed state
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by nex(m): 10:36am On Aug 03, 2009
Nigerian Police, you have heard it from the mouth of the donkeys. You have been given the mandate to make final decisions and mete out punishments for crimes.

We no more have a problem with those Nigerians that have spent decades in jail without trial, we take no issue against all the many suspects that have been killed in custody.

You recent actions in the case of Boko Haram shows that you make your decisions based on truth and divine knowledge.

Carry on, you are our friend! we love you!! We support you!!!
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 03, 2009
"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Lagos Husters Answering To The Call Of Nature / Would Sim Registration Eliminate Kidnapping In Nigeria? / Who Gets 2015? North Or East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.