Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls (7046 Views)

Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival / Anambra Elections: We Can Stop Obi From Rigging-in Obiano(1) / Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by mbulela: 6:40am On Aug 04, 2009
very interesting posts
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by shesi(m): 7:37am On Aug 04, 2009
Forget abt how Nigerians see Rawlings, We are not ignorant of Ghanaian History from Independence, Any man who see the 8years of kuffours better than 20 years of Rawlings must be deluded in mind, There is no how you can compare some one who moved a country from 0 - 10 with the person who jst continue from 10- 20, Rawlling spent all those year rebuilding Ghana from nothing, You need to understand the situation of Ghana before he took over power and wht it was when he handed over to Kuffour, probably you will also understand why Ghana should not underestimate someone who achieved that much for them, Infact Ghana still enjoy most of the infrastructures he Fixed, The presence of these good Infrastructures gave kuffour the opportunity to focused on stabilizing the country's economy, Which we might see as his only achievement for 8years in power.
Mind you the Hatred between the both is not of any present achievement but something that goes back to the history of the both tribe, which formed the two major political parties,
The same thing goes to the MDC in power, there is no achievement they will attain that would please NPP for the next 4 or 8years, 

oboy i'm a ghanaian so don't try to educate me on ghanaian history. you said rawlings took ghana from 0 to 10? are you joking? who told you ghana was nothing? at independence, the econonomy of ghana was better than that of south korea. neither was it zero when rawlings stepped in. if you are talking about 1979, that coup was no conducted by rawlings. he was just a ceremonial head. when he returned solo in 1981, ghana was a fully functioning democracy.  everybody knows kufuor's 8 years were more eventful than rawling' 20. that's a fact.

look, rawlings did relatively well. he did well compared to some of the other miltary leaders we had. the best thing rawlings did for ghana, which he himself prides in the most,  was return ghana to democratic rule. But i am against glorifying that because how do you thank a thief for returning something he stole from you in the first place.

and get this. there is no mutual hatred between rawlings and kufuor. the hate is unidirectional. either that or kufuor does a good job of hiding his. either way, it has nothing to do with tribe.

you speak of tribal dislike between the two biggest tribes which can be traced to independence. which two tribes might that be? first of all, there are no two tribes competing in ghana. tribalism in ghana is usually everybody hating the ashantis because they are quite cocky. but that's it.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Gbawe: 7:42am On Aug 04, 2009
shesi:

@londoner, manuel, and co.

on what are you basing that statement that "ghanaians allow foreigners to do what they want on our soil"?? pls educate me.

some nigerians seem to have a false sense of bravado and delusions of grandeur. do we ghanaians allow westerners to do whatever they like on our soil any more than nigerians? let's talk figures.

@Gbawe, you assertion that ghanaians are not literate because they don't speak english on the streets is just plain stupid. Do nigerians speak english on the streets of lagos? mind you, pedgin is not english. that's even beside the point. do a simple google search of the literacy rate in both countries and see what you come up with.

Why did this thread make it to the frontpage anyway. It seems any thread that mentions Ghana in it makes it to the frontage. Seun or whatever you have failed.

This forum na wa oooo !!! First I was accused of insulting others when I did no such thing and now I am accused of writing what I never did . I have not commented on literacy or spoken English at all in this thread. It is Sherry Lo that stated:

Not too many people are rich in Ghana and even their level of illiteracy I bet you it is scary! if you really know Ghana. I am not talking of their universities or maybe some student who could not get into university in Nigeria run to Ghana to school oo.I am talking of how many teenage in the public can converse in English, even in the capital?

Maybe they are getting better but I think I know Ghana too well to believe what people say!

Try and be careful in future. What you did amounts to defamation of character . That is how , based on outright lies and innaccuracies , people are easily stigmatised and labelled incorrectly. This is why I called out Bennyboy in the first place over his wild and grossly innacurate claim that Ghana is "the true Giant of Africa" . Some Ghanaians are so keen to prove a point to Nigerians (and vice versa) to the extent that actual facts are thrown out of the window to be replaced with outright lies and half-truths!!! Please retract what you wrongly stated I wrote ASAP.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by sherrylo: 9:00am On Aug 04, 2009
@Gbawe No! that is exactly what I mean and it is correct!I know Ghana and Ghanaians too well, let anyone challenge me! base on the entire Ghana that is all the regions.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by sherrylo: 9:09am On Aug 04, 2009
@bennyboy,I am not arguing about which country is more corrupt,all I am saying is they are also trying to bring down the level of corruption in their country not that there is no corruption at all there. That they are the new symbol of grate Africa like some people are trying to portray, no!
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Gbawe: 9:28am On Aug 04, 2009
sherry lo:

@Gbawe No! that is exactly what I mean and it is correct!I know Ghana and Ghanaians too well, let anyone challenge me! base on the entire Ghana that is all the regions.

Why do you say no ? I never disputed or confirmed the truth of what you said. When I said "try and be careful in future" I hope you know that I was talking to Shesi and not you ? I was just making it clear to Shesi not to quote me as making a statement I never did. Shesi  , even as I don't see how that is an easy mistake to make ,  claims I hold certain views based on what was written by you. That is wrong and injurious to my character.  I can only conclude that Sheshi made that mistake in the haste to square up to a Nigerian who is "bellittling" Ghana when that is not my intention at all.

I have stated repeatedly that Nigeria is not a Giant of Africa. That tag is meritoriously deserved by South Africa. I was only keen to point out to Bennyboy that Ghana is not "the true Giant of Africa" as he claims. Even with all our problems it is still obvious to anyone who is conversant with the qualities of a regional Giant that Nigeria is still far more a Giant in West Africa than Ghana is . We all wish Ghana well but let us not  fabricate outright lies to support our positions and arguement.

Nigeria sucks . We all know it but it is still the Giant of West Africa to those who understand the parameters that define a regional Giant . When Ghana is not even the Giant of West Africa how can anyone now claim it is the true Giant of Africa because it has constant electricity and  its electoral and democratic institutions are strong ? Let us keep discussions rich and informative not childish and innacurate.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Bennyboy11: 11:04am On Aug 04, 2009
sherry lo:

@bennyboy,I am not arguing about which country is more corrupt,all I am saying is they are also trying to bring down the level of corruption in their country not that there is no corruption at all there. That they are the new symbol of grate Africa like some people are trying to portray, no!

It just seemed like you were spending too much time nitpicking and also coming up with inaccuracies like akuffo addo being a drug dealer and Ghanaians being illiterates which was simply absurd.

Like I said there is corruption everywhere and Ghana is no exception but it sounds rich coming from you when everybody knows corruption is a bigger problem in Nigeria. I also think contrary to what you believe that recent developments in Ghana have thrown a positive light and told a different story about a continent often seen as troubled. I think you should at least appreciate that and realise that it has an impact not Just on Ghana but Nigeria and the whole region too.

The west often thinks that Africans aren't civilised enough to adopt democracy without appreciation of difficulties peculiar to Africa. Like divisions caused by their stupid boarders and cultural differences. But Ghana showed that it is possible for Africans to govern themselves and yes that greatness is possible in Africa. The elections were not perfect but certainly free and fair and there were no reports of any deaths either. This is not an achievement in African terms only look at the likes of Iran or even Russia.

You are completely underestimating what has been achieved which is sad. Imagine Ghana carrying on with its current culture for the next couple of decades which is possible. Not only will we be comfortably a middle income country or better but a model that shows the whole world that Africans are not inferior, a truly exciting prospect. And coincidentally we being the first country in Sub Saharan Africa to gain independence would dispel the notion that there is a correlation between colonisers leaving and countries falling apart.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by shesi(m): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2009
@Gbawe, my apologies. i am not a man who is ashamed of retracting his footsteps when i see i'm walking in the wrong directions. correction duly noted.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by ikeyman00(m): 11:29am On Aug 04, 2009
[size=20pt]to all ghana must go brother!!!!!![/size] on the thread

now yall listen!!! and listen carefully

this man like here aka superman cannot i repeat decieve in anyway on the condition the election was ran in ghana

yes like some ghanaian said here, nobody could educate on the history of ur great country, but what u failed to tell the nigerians is emm alot of other tribes in ghana aint happy Mill won, cuz they beleived he simply won only because he came from ewe right tribe

now this is accusation from ghananains not from me, cuz they knew deep inside that the man is criminal

if na lie ask the ebos-ashanttis

like watchin the ghanaians delibrating on issues with regard to nigeria

hmmm still here

watchin ha
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by shesi(m): 11:33am On Aug 04, 2009
@Sherry Lo.

Ok, i'm challenging you. Bring out your so called facts and lets see.

@Gbawe, for what its worth, let me tell you that i have never heard any ghanaian refer to ghana as the 'giant of africa'. that would be ridiculous. it is not a term you would hear ghanaians describe themselves with. if you ask any ghanaian what the best country in africa was, they would say SA. so that's that.

I agree with Bennyboy though. We Ghanaians have come a long way. a long long way. and we are confident that if we continue on this path, we are heading for better things.

Now instead of Nigerians to accept this situation as a challenge in good faith and rise to that challenge, all i see coming from our nigerian brothers is constant hate with talk like "who is ghana", "ghana is common local government", "ghana is nobody",  you know, typical market women thinking. much like sherry lo here is exhibiting'
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by shesi(m): 11:35am On Aug 04, 2009
Ikeyman, you AGAIN.

I see the times have caused no improvement on your thinking abilities. Good luck to you. I'm gonna go ahead and ignore you on this thread from here on out. I know you're not wise enough to engage in any thought provoking discourse.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by ikeyman00(m): 11:47am On Aug 04, 2009
i think u mistaken me for ursef ooo

shesi

only a slowpoke will press the truth botton

remember sunami cool

dessist from foolin the nigerians

thank u
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by ELEOVIE(m): 11:49am On Aug 04, 2009
The only thing i like in this thread is that there is a great deal of constructive thinking and not a bunch of curses being hauled at each other.

No matter the outcome of your argument, please guys, continue to keep it intelligent and fact based.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Bennyboy11: 11:54am On Aug 04, 2009
Gbawe:

Why do you say no ? I never disputed or confirmed the truth of what you said. When I said "try and be careful in future" I hope you know that I was talking to Shesi and not you ? I was just making it clear to Shesi not to quote me as making a statement I never did. Shesi  , even as I don't see how that is an easy mistake to make ,  claims I hold certain views based on what was written by you. That is wrong and injurious to my character.  I can only conclude that Sheshi made that mistake in the haste to square up to a Nigerian who is "bellittling" Ghana when that is not my intention at all.

I have stated repeatedly that Nigeria is not a Giant of Africa. That tag is meritoriously deserved by South Africa. I was only keen to point out to Bennyboy that Ghana is not "the true Giant of Africa" as he claims. Even with all our problems it is still obvious to anyone who is conversant with the qualities of a regional Giant that Nigeria is still far more a Giant in West Africa than Ghana is . We all wish Ghana well but let us not  fabricate outright lies to support our positions and arguement.

Nigeria sucks . We all know it but it is still the Giant of West Africa to those who understand the parameters that define a regional Giant . When Ghana is not even the Giant of West Africa how can anyone now claim it is the true Giant of Africa because it has constant electricity and  its electoral and democratic institutions are strong ? Let us keep discussions rich and informative not childish and innacurate.

I think you should save us the semantics. Your technical definitions of giants of a region are neither here nor there. I have repeatedly told you this is not the importance of my post. You should look at substance over technical form. How important is it that you are seen as a giant and to borrow your own words "suck" as well. This title on the basis of your own post is worthless and not worth another post.

My point is that Ghana currently is the happening place in the region. We are attracting the crème of West African society. Trassaco Valley is full of Sierra Leonean millionaires that have come in with their wealth, other parts of Accra is attracting high calibre Nigerians and other African professionals from all over the world. Professional Ghanaians are moving back home in their numbers with confidence, businesses are relocating from other parts of the region to Ghana. Whether factual or fake, people consider Ghana as different and like the saying goes perception is reality.

Externally people are warming up to Ghana tourism is at an all time high. Diane abbot called Nigeria a failed state or something but sends her only son to be educated in Ghana because she has enough confidence in the place. You might see this as unimportant but brand Obama visits Ghana at the height of his popularity. The OECD offically acknowledges Ghana as having the most diverse economy in the region which to people who know is a very big deal. These are all hints, something good happening.

The timing of our oil find could not be better and although unlike a lot of other people I don’t place huge significance to it, it is still a positive development. You can't help but thing that God has a personal interest in Ghana

So my brother on the basis of your definition I bestow on you the title of Giants of Africa, but Ghana is still the happening place and I pray God continues to make us the happening place and never the giant on the basis of your definition.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by GEW: 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2009
princekevo:

Forget abt how Nigerians see Rawlings, We are not ignorant of Ghanaian History from Independence, Any man who see the 8years of kuffours better than 20 years of Rawlings must be deluded in mind, There is no how you can compare some one who moved a country from 0 - 10 with the person who jst continue from 10- 20, Rawlling spent all those year rebuilding Ghana from nothing, You need to understand the situation of Ghana before he took over power and wht it was when he handed over to Kuffour, probably you will also understand why Ghana should not underestimate someone who achieved that much for them, Infact Ghana still enjoy most of the infrastructures he Fixed, The presence of these good Infrastructures gave kuffour the opportunity to focused on stabilizing the country's economy, Which we might see as his only achievement for 8years in power.
Mind you the Hatred between the both is not of any present achievement but something that goes back to the history of the both tribe, which formed the two major political parties,
The same thing goes to the MDC in power, there is no achievement they will attain that would please NPP for the next 4 or 8years,
CARE TO LIST HIS INFRASTRUCTURES PLS.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Bennyboy11: 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2009
ikeyman00:

[size=20pt]to all ghana must go brother!!!!!![/size] on the thread

this man like here aka superman cannot i repeat decieve in anyway on the condition the election was ran in ghana

yes like some ghanaian said here, nobody could educate on the history of ur great country, but what u failed to tell the nigerians is emm alot of other tribes in ghana aint happy Mill won, cuz they beleived he simply won only because he came from ewe right tribe

now this is accusation from ghananains not from me, cuz they knew deep inside that the man is criminal

hmmm still here

watchin ha

WHAT??
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by sherrylo: 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2009
@Shesi your fact is everywhere,even in Accra. Tell a young girl please I want to buy water and the next thing you will hear is " minti brofu"I don't understand English!!.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Bennyboy11: 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2009
sherry lo:

@Shesi your fact is everywhere,even in Accra. Tell a young girl please I want to buy water and the next thing you will hear is " minti brofu"I don't understand English!!.

Are you still insistent on this Ghanaian illiteracy nonsense? Saying it several times won’t make it true you know. Check the illiteracy rates for both countries you are computer literate aren't you?

Let me remind you my dear broken English is not as popular in Ghana as it is in Sierra Leone and Nigeria and remember speaking broken English is not speaking English so stop exhibiting your ignorance.

Talking about education aren't Nigerians fighting tooth and nail to get into Ghanaian universities?
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by ikeyman00(m): 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2009
why do ghana register in Nl with ID like akwasia

what does that mean

i m kaming coming soon chalrie oo

like the way some claim that this fraud thread is the best

quote me

but i respect ur position

remember that plz warning

peace
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by nex(m): 3:06pm On Aug 04, 2009
@Bennyboy11

that story about illiteracy in Ghana was told to us last month but we didn't believe. Tertiary education in Ghana is far more expensive than most Ghanaians can or are willing to afford.

The electricity problem too is true.

You know how Nigerians can sell stories. Even Jerry Springer once asked a woman who claimed to be into constant "electronic" sex how she manages with the power outages. Yet unless the whole power goes out all over the USA, Nigerians will never mention there was power outage anywhere outside Nigeria.

There are about 300 heads of governments all over the world, why couldn't Jerry Rawlings mention any other but Yar'Adua? Why?

Yar'Adua has started speaking up againt the third term agenda in Niger Republic when everyone else is turning a blind eye. Tomorrow, when the new Nigerien president says that it was Yar'Adua that upheld their democracy, we'll say It's a lie.

Even the jews did not accept that Jesus could perform a miracle. They even went ahead to kill him and up till today the jews still maintain that Jesus was a fraud while the rest of the world believes him.

Well, I have nothing more to add. See South Africa that we liberated from slavery when the USA and Britain we helping to sustain apatheid. Today, they kill us and embrace the British.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Gbawe: 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2009
Bennyboy11:

How important is it that you are seen as a giant and to borrow your own words "suck" as well. This title on the basis of your own post is worthless and not worth another post.

Bennyboy , unlike Shesi who apologized when shown his error , you do not seem to have any honour !!! I have repeatedly stated that I don't care for the Giant of Africa tag. You have proven what I have suspected all along with your refusal to own up to stating that what you wrote is factually incorrect i.e Ghana is "the true Giant of Africa".

Instead you continue to move the goalpost by skirting mischievously around issues with utterances such as "My point is that Ghana currently is the happening place in the region.". Someone should tell you that "happening place" (whatever that is based on) does not constitute regional Giant.

Your motive is the same as I have witnessed from several Ghanaians i.e give a dog (Nigeria) a bad name and hang it in order and proclaim Ghana superior. As for your " happening place" claim I will only say that some of you are too swayed by what you read in the papers to know what is on the ground !!! If you think , because of all the negatives you read about Nigeria , all what you wrote below is not happening in Nigeria (especially the highlighted) then good luck to you;

We are attracting the crème of West African society. Trassaco Valley is full of Sierra Leonean millionaires that have come in with their wealth, other parts of Accra is attracting high calibre Nigerians and other African professionals from all over the world. Professional Ghanaians are moving back home in their numbers with confidence, businesses are relocating from other parts of the region to Ghana. Whether factual or fake, people consider Ghana as different and like the saying goes perception is reality.

For example, Eko Atlantic City , currently under construction in Lagos State, is the only project of its kind and scale in Africa !!! It is the equivalent of the Palms in Dubai. Dare I say that not many African countries can contemplate , let alone facilitate, such a Project. See it for yourself below.

http://www.ekoatlantic.com/

I cannot even begin to tell you of the Groundbreaking strides being made in Banking, telecoms, Property development , etc in Nigeria and by Nigerian businesses throughout the continent. Who is is taking 3G technology to Ghana ?(Hint the Nigerian -owned fastest growing telecom operator in Africa !!!).

I can show more "first of its kind" things happening in Nigeria but why bother? You clearly prefer to deal in conjecture that leads you to hastily believe all the negatives written about Nigeria now translates into the notion that everything is at a standstill there while everything is great in Ghana to the extent it is now the "happening place"

Granted , corruption is making life terrible for the average Nigerian . You would be correct if you state that things work better in Ghana because it has less corruption and its important institutions (Judiciary, electoral body, Executive, legislative, etc) work better than their Nigerian counterpart but you are simply decieving yourself if you now  think that everything has stopped working in Nigeria and that no progress is being made there. I think many folks are taking Obama's praises of Ghana and his put down of Nigeria to mean that he has now conferred "true giant of Africa" status on Ghana.

Diane abbot called Nigeria a failed state or something but sends her only son to be educated in Ghana because she has enough confidence in the place.

I am happy for Abbots. If the words of a hypocrite Politician who is not taken seriously in her own country now makes Ghana a Giant ahead of Nigeria in your eyes so be it.

http://www.newstatesman.com/200311030009

So my brother on the basis of your definition I bestow on you the title of Giants of Africa, but Ghana is still the happening place and I pray God continues to make us the happening place

Those who see the big picture want all Africa to be happening places . They are not quick to bragadociously declare that they are "the true Giant of Africa" or that their nation is "the happening place" merely because they are the darling of the West currently while being totally ignorant of what is happening in other nations !!  

and never the giant on the basis of your definition

Here we go again with the mischief and moving of the goal post . The status of a regional Giant nation has clearly accepted parameters!!! That is all I have tried to point out to you. Accept that and move on. I am not saying Ghana is not working better than Nigeria currently but it is wrong to call your Nation "the true Giant of Africa" because democratic practices are strong in your nation while thinking Nigeria is suddenly a non-entity because it is badly led.

It is ridiculous and childish to brag that Ghana is "the true Giant of Africa" when many African nations are richer, stronger, more literate, more economically diverse and more infrastructurally sound than Ghana. That is all I am trying to show you. Continuing to argue means that , coupled with an ignorance of what is happening in many African nations , you have taken the praises of the West to mean what it does not !!!!
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Martass: 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2009
nex, Nigeria  liberated South Africa from slavery. Is this place full of Nigerian illiterates or what? I'm just getting sick of Nigerians claiming credit for everything in Africa. Many,many countries worked to kill the apartheid system in South Africa so shut up.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Gbawe: 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2009
shesi:

@Sherry Lo.

Ok, i'm challenging you. Bring out your so called facts and lets see.

@Gbawe, for what its worth, let me tell you that i have never heard any ghanaian refer to ghana as the 'giant of africa'. that would be ridiculous. it is not a term you would hear ghanaians describe themselves with. if you ask any ghanaian what the best country in africa was, they would say SA. so that's that.

I agree with Bennyboy though. We Ghanaians have come a long way. a long long way. and we are confident that if we continue on this path, we are heading for better things.

Now instead of Nigerians to accept this situation as a challenge in good faith and rise to that challenge, all i see coming from our nigerian brothers is constant hate with talk like "who is ghana", "ghana is common local government", "ghana is nobody", you know, typical market women thinking. much like sherry lo here is exhibiting'

You are generalising if you assume that the view of a few Nigerians speak for the majority of us. Many Nigerians are proud of Ghana's current achievements. See some of the "Obama visits Ghana threads" on this forum to note that many Nigerians ,including myself, give Ghana its props while recognising that our nation is seriously drifting. Nonetheless some of us are still interested enough in the facts to attempt correcting misconceptions when we see or hear it. Nothing more nothing less !!!
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Edoji: 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2009
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by rookie(m): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2009
@Sherry
That was petty.

@BennyBoy11
Diane abbot called Nigeria a failed state or something but sends her only son to be educated in Ghana because she has enough confidence in the place.
@BennyBoy11
Are you still insistent on this Ghanaian illiteracy nonsense? Saying it several times won’t make it true you know. Check the illiteracy rates for both countries you are computer literate aren't you?

Let me remind you my dear broken English is not as popular in Ghana as it is in Sierra Leone and Nigeria and remember speaking broken English is not speaking English so stop exhibiting your ignorance.

Talking about education aren't Nigerians fighting tooth and nail to get into Ghanaian universities?

I enjoyed your eloquence and I flatly agree with you that Ghana is heading in the right direction ahead of my beloved Nigeria. However, (let me pick on you by offering an) advice that you avoid rewarding demeaning comments such as the one suggesting that Ghana had high illiteracy level as you did (in the above quotes). It is admirable to be patriotic but making comparisons like that, provoked or not, is a waste of time and easily mistakable as bragging.

@Gbawe
I have stated repeatedly that Nigeria is not a Giant of Africa. That tag is meritoriously deserved by South Africa.
This could not be truer
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by londoner: 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2009
@shesi, you are asking me what I am basing my statement on that the Ghanaian gov, like the Nigerian gov let foreign firms do as they wish to wealth producing communities?

Did you not view the video I posted as evidence? It shows clearly how Anglo Ashanti gold is behaving in their community. It is not unlike what the Nigerian governemt allow oil firms to do in the Naija Delta.

Actually watch it, then tell me different.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by theviper1: 9:16pm On Aug 04, 2009
it is very unfortunate that ghanians take every opportunity that they can get on NL to bash nigeria and elevate their nation to what they are not. granted that ghana is making headway in some areas,bt for those of them who knows what the truth on the ground is,they are not quick in making such claims as our dear bennyboi did. am really happy for ghana and the good things that are happening to them and their country. some even claimed that the progress where laid down even b4 independence. and if that is the truth,then what was happening in ghana when almost half ghanians were living in nigeria? i choose not to enter into such arguements as long as there are spin doctors,liers and fact twisters like @shesi,@martass and co. look @shesi am not taken in by your fake appology cos this is not the first time that you have written lies against pple on NL. I remembered when u lied against some one on one of the threads that he said that he hates ghanians and ghanian names. when u were challenged to produce evidence of where such thing was written,you simply ran away from that thread.again,here u are lying against @gbawe and coming around to offer you insincere appology. lets keep these things straight and matured if we claim to be educated. to me good things that happens in ghana are a glory to all africans. bt half truths,lies and self-deceipts wont help us make more progresses.south africa just held their election and no one died,they have facilities and infrastructures that ghana and many african countries will only dream of,and yet they dont ascribe the giant of african tag to themselves,rather they are busy improving and not making empty boasts about how good they are. am a nigerian,i`ve stayed in both ghana and south africa and i know that if ghanians have one third of what SA have,they will bar nigerian from entering their into country.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Dondoo: 11:41pm On Aug 04, 2009
[color=#990000]to all ghana must go brother!!!!!! on the thread

hmmm still here

******************************************************************************************************************** ha ha ha Ogga You dey lie.  Mills is a Fante not an Ewe, please check your facts before you miseducate my country men and woman
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by nex(m): 12:52am On Aug 05, 2009
@Martass

please can you mention some of the contributions of Ghana to the fight against apatheid?

At some point when the heat was on, Nigeria was a home to several freedom fighters including Thabo Mbeki who got an education here for virtually free. What in the did Ghana do?

When the Ghanaian economy was performing terribly, Nigeria allowed you all to come here and make a living, but when your economy started getting better and you refused to leave, we had to implement GHANA MUST GO. Even if you try to deny it, the Ghana-Must-Go bag still stands as a testimony till this very day.

Please, as you said many countries help South Africa during the fight against apatheid, mention what Ghana did.

Tell me what Ghana has done regarding the crisis that is going on in the Congo?

What did Ghana do when Zimbabwe was in a fix?

What did Ghana do when military rule entered Sao Tome?

What did Ghana do in Sierra Leone?

What did Ghana do in Liberia?

What is Ghana doing in Sudan?

What is Ghana going to do about tenure elongation in Niger?

In fact, does Ghana even do anything?

We have helped various African countries when they needed help the most and Ghana needed help in deciding what to do in the last elections so we appeared on the scene again.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Martass: 1:16am On Aug 05, 2009
nex,

When were you born? Listen small boy, go into the historical archives and avail yourself to the role Ghana played in liberating African countries including your Nigeria. I'm not going to educate you, just go find that out. The money Ghana gave out to African countries struggling for independence and the training of Africans many of whom became leaders in their countries.

Ghana was the Mecca for Africans (including Nigeria) trying to liberate themselves. You are very ignorant.
I bet you might be just an infant. Long before Ghanaians were kicked out of Nigeria, Nigerians had been sent packing out of Ghana en mass. Ghana is a small country but we have seen and done it all so we bare no grudges

Nigeria has been fortunate to be blessed with oil but you guys are too loud month with empty noise about Nigeria being this and that and better than every country in Africa.

nex, go and learn some history before you throw your weight about.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by nex(m): 1:34am On Aug 05, 2009
You may not be able to read, though you can type.

I asked you questions, you did not answer. Or do you have no answer?

The whole of Ghana you lie about is nothing more than Lagos state in Nigeria. If not for you British that came to carve up this continent, you would have been humble subjects of the Benin Empire today.

The thing that annoys you so much is that you turn on you radio, you hear Naija, switch on your TV, you see Naija, even when you dream, It's green white green. I can understand how hurtful that must be.

If you can read, tell the Nigerian that is helping you type that he or she should help you read the questions I posted and help you answer at least one correctly.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Martass: 1:57am On Aug 05, 2009
Oh, about your little questions, Ghana is always there in these countries. You see, you sound like a child to me. I think the only news you here is about Nigeria that is why you think Nigeria is the only country doing something in Africa. What do you think Nigeria alone can possibly do in Africa. You are very naive. Even your resources don't seem to be enough for your country. And one more thing, Nigeria never gives out it's resources free. Every country which gets oil from Nigeria pays back so get lost with your big brother inflated ego.

Little boy, when I turn on my TV and radio, yes, the only thing I hear is Nigeria,Nigeria,Nigeria, but it's all about Nigeria being a scamming and corrupt nation. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

56 Punch-list Of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ) Achievements In 3 Years / DPR Uncovers 45 Petrol Stations Used For Smuggling Products In Adamawa / BREAKING NEWS:17 Fulani Bandits Killed In Ebonyi!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.