Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls (7049 Views)

Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival / Anambra Elections: We Can Stop Obi From Rigging-in Obiano(1) / Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by nex(m): 2:17am On Aug 05, 2009
Please, I said mention ONE! If that simple expression is so hard for you to understand, then tell that Nigerian typing your thoughts that he should just chat with me direct. I'm sure he understands English perfectly.

So you finally confess that It's the omni-presence of Nigeria even in your own living room that gets you all worked up.

Anyway, I have to go sleep now. I heard you people are behind us even when it comes to time. So we're not on the same wavelength.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by shesi(m): 7:35am On Aug 05, 2009
@theviper

am the one twisting facts? funny you should say that because in the same sentence, you go on to say half of the ghana population was living in nigeria? lol, ya, i'm the one twisting facts. Do you know what the population of ghana is?

and btw, i remember very clearly that thread you are talking about. who says i ran away? i didn't even know that guy responded. I remember clearly what i said on there about that guy, i forget his name now, and i stand by it. He was calling ghanaian names funny on some thread about nigerian banks in ghana.

@Martass

you know why you don't know anything ghana did in any of those countries? Because you are not Ghanaian. Guess what, nobody outside of nigerians knows anything about what you nigeria supposedly did in those countries.

If i tell you that Ghana's first president sponsored the budget of Guinea for their first few years after their independence, do you know about that? What of Nigeria itself. Ask your fathers where their independence movement was headquartered. who bankrolled them. Nkrumah bankrolled, either completely or significantly, every single african independence movement between 1958-1962.

and what's that you were saying of benin empire? lol, dont make me laugh. maybe you should take the time to read some history before you further contribute to this thread lil boy.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Gbawe: 8:55am On Aug 05, 2009
the viper:

it is very unfortunate that ghanians take every opportunity that they can get on NL to bash nigeria and elevate their nation to what they are not. granted that ghana is making headway in some areas,bt for those of them who knows what the truth on the ground is,they are not quick in making such claims as our dear bennyboi did. am really happy for ghana and the good things that are happening to them and their country. some even claimed that the progress where laid down even b4 independence. and if that is the truth,then what was happening in ghana when almost half ghanians were living in nigeria? i choose not to enter into such arguements as long as there are spin doctors,liers and fact twisters like @shesi,@martass and co. look @shesi am not taken in by your fake appology cos this is not the first time that you have written lies against pple on NL. I remembered when u lied against some one on one of the threads that he said that he hates ghanians and ghanian names. when u were challenged to produce evidence of where such thing was written,you simply ran away from that thread.again,here u are lying against @gbawe and coming around to offer you insincere appology. lets keep these things straight and matured if we claim to be educated. to me good things that happens in ghana are a glory to all africans. bt half truths,lies and self-deceipts wont help us make more progresses.south africa just held their election and no one died,they have facilities and infrastructures that ghana and many african countries will only dream of,and yet they dont ascribe the giant of african tag to themselves,rather they are busy improving and not making empty boasts about how good they are. am a nigerian,i`ve stayed in both ghana and south africa and i know that if ghanians have one third of what SA have,they will bar nigerian from entering their into country.

Great observation and the very reason why I took on Bennyboy over his grossly false assertion that "Ghana is the true Giant of Africa".

There are Nigerians who will alway seek to dismissively belittle Ghana achievments (they are wrong and ungracious) but there exists also Ghanaians who will state wild lies in their attempt to Proclaim their nation and people better than Nigeria and Nigerians. From how Bennyboy went on to state more ridiculously that [i]"Ghana is the happening place in the region" [/i]I got confirmation he belongs to the second group above.

Nigeria may be extremely troubled but it retains ability and potentials Ghana ,and even South Africa, cannot have. It is bad leadership, vested interest and ethnic dis-unity impeding the progress of Nigeria.

I will give Bennyboy the Perfect example that indicates what Nigeria factually possesses that illustrates it is a regional giant and "happening place"- even it current troubled status taken into account.

Ghana had GSM technology before Nigeria. At the time Abacha ,because of vested interest , would not approve the deregulation of the telecoms sector. Ghanaians short-sightedly bragged then also (as bennyboy is bragging now) that it is their "superior" ability , and not our selfish leadership , that saw them gain GSM technology ahead of Nigeria in confirmation that "Ghana is the happening place in the region".

Lo and behold , Abacha died. In came OBJ and deregulation of the telecoms sector. What has happened in reality? I will tell Bennyboy !!!

Even with Ghana's earlier start , and in attestation to Nigerias potential that make many crown it a regional Giant, our country quickly went on to be one of the fastest growing telecom sector in the entire world  !!!!

Our network quickly surpassed Ghana's in complexity and sophistication to the extent that it gained technology (like 3G) Ghana's telecom sector was yet to enjoy.

A business leader (Adenuga) quickly established a telecom entity (Globacom) that is now the fastest growing telecom operator in Africa !!! Globacom is now active outside Nigeria in several Countries including Ghana.

Globacom is taking 3G technology to Ghana even as the Lebanese and South African operator already on ground are loath to provide such for Ghanaians !!!!

I could go on. Nigeria could only achieve those things in its telecom sector because it physically can. Ghana cannot because of it limitations. Similarly any Ghanaian who think Ghana has constant electricity and Nigeria does not because of the "superior ability" of Ghanaians , rather than the retrogressive FG leadership of Nigeria , is fooling himself/herself. Deregulate the power generation sector today (as Fashola is currently begging for) and you will see States like Lagos generating  electricity to even sell outside its borders  !!!!

Similar analogy can be applied to almost everything else working better In Ghana at the moment. The likes of Bennyboy only quickly make bragadocious statement because they do not understand the situation on the ground in Nigeria. Anyone thinking "Ghana is the happening place in the region" can only have been listening to too much Obama preaching. Go to Nigeria today and see things happening everywhere . Everything has not grind to a halt because Nigerians complain about their  nation on Nairaland. I will also advice folks , keen to assume that Nigeria is now being totally abandoned , to check the actual truthfullness of the "all companies are moving to Ghana" claim.

People should not casually arrogate fraudulent tags to their nation because they are keen to bellittle Nigeria and elevate themselves. We Nigerians , like American's, recognise that many love to knock us to elevate themselves and that is fine but when you lie about your nation and then go on to try and deny what Nigeria is , even its troubled current condition considered , then misconceptions will be corrected.

They say , on the World stage, "things happen bigger and better in America" . It is the same with Nigeria and Africa. This is why some Africans cannot stand us to the extent that ,now we are seriously troubled, ignoring actual facts and proclaiming their nation superior is all they are interested in doing.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by JamesG: 9:42am On Aug 05, 2009
@Bennyboy11

This forum is really for Nigerians tackling issues in Nigeria - not Ghanians. Ghana is the greatest country in the world, now please leave!
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Bennyboy11: 10:03am On Aug 05, 2009
JamesG:

@Bennyboy11

This forum is really for Nigerians tackling issues in Nigeria - not Ghanians. Ghana is the greatest country in the world,  now please leave!

The topic doesn't sound Nigerian though does it?
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by theviper1: 11:42am On Aug 05, 2009
men, this thread is about making me puke, cos i said that when nigerian haters like @martass and @shesi enters into this topic,we will surely digress and take it to belittling nigeria and nigerians. @shesi,when will u stop lying, u telling me that u made such expensive and unfounded accusation about some1 and simply strode off? it shows the man that u are. If the ghanians idea that they have joined the league of great nations or have become the giant of africa and nigeria is at a halt is based on the fact that they had fair election,then they are deluding themselves. if they think that they are now the happening place cos they have light for about 60-70% of the time (we dont have it cos administrative bottlenecks are holding us down),then they better wake up.let me introduce them to hard realities.  Guinea Bissaua is a country that is confirmed by the whole world as a failed state,yet they recently held an election and a run off without a single shed of blood.that palces them in the same giant statues as ghana i believe. a country like senegal has been a model of democracy since independence,they have electricty 97% of the time.new road networks has just been added by pres.Wade,their judicial and other systems are in perfect working order and well oiled.Tourism is the biggest industry there and crime and corruption rates are very low. they dont claim gaints or better africans,rather they are proud to work with other africans.and mind you that they have neither gold,diamond or crude oil.a little country like the islands of the cape verde is another democracy model in africa.there has never been a shouting match between opponents in their campaigns or elections.winners accepts and loosers moves on.every organ of the govt is working.water and light are on 24/7.it is one of the least corrupt or crime infested countries in africa. in 2007,their GDP per head was 1,770 us dollars while nigeria and ghana both had 360 and 380 respectively.it has never gone beyond the first 3s as the best governed country in africa.they have no mineral resources and it is one of the fastest developing countries in africa. they are much smaller in population than ghana,so based on what the ghanians are saying about nigeria,ghana is a miserably failed state compared to the cape verde. there is room for all of us to improve and not running each other down and running our mouth wild. every bad thing that happens in nigeria happens in ghana,only on a smaller scale as nigeria is bigger than ghana.so lets stop fooling ourselves.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by manuel(m): 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2009
Oboy eeeeh I dey gbadun maself for this KUmasi oooh, see babes, see ny*sh, see nipples, ooh sorry i meant dimples Wo awon omo obirin kumasi yi ma pa mi. Ok now let me address some substanstive issues, it seems like i have mised a lot these 2 days. ok lemme start

ikeyman00:

[size=20pt]to all ghana must go brother!!!!!![/size] on the thread

now yall listen!!! and listen carefully

this man like here aka superman cannot i repeat decieve in anyway on the condition the election was ran in ghana

yes like some ghanaian said here, nobody could educate on the history of ur great country, but what u failed to tell the nigerians is emm alot of other tribes in ghana aint happy Mill won, cuz they beleived he simply won only because he came from ewe right tribe

now this is accusation from ghananains not from me, cuz they knew deep inside that the man is criminal

if na lie ask the ebos-ashanttis

like watchin the ghanaians delibrating on issues with regard to nigeria

hmmm still here

watchin ha

Ikeyman,

this is not a right way to approach an arguement. I have read a couple of threads here and I am hearing tribalism repeatedly here. abeg, tribalism is not an issue in ghana. on a scale of 0 to 10, tribalism counts at lets say 0.7. abeg dats the truth. I am surprised u are sayin that some tribes are not happy mills won. look NDC and NPP have strong holds in certain parts of ghana, but there are even some times when those places vote against the expected outcome, take for instance the Brong Ahafo region, NPP won those regions in 1996, 2000, and 2004. but in the 2008 election, they lost that region woefully.

Ikeyman, i dont think comin here to post aythin just for competition sake wud save face for naija or make ghana look bad. u know facts dey ground. its quite pathetic that 9ja today at this point upon all the resources wud be fightin for superiority over ghana, when it should have been in comparison with the singapores and malaysia of today. we and our leaders have failed ourselves.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by manuel(m): 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2009
ikeyman00:

but what u failed to tell the nigerians is emm alot of other tribes in ghana aint happy Mill won, cuz they beleived he simply won only because he came from ewe right tribe

now this is accusation from ghananains not from me, cuz they knew deep inside that the man is criminal

if na lie ask the ebos-ashanttis

like watchin the ghanaians delibrating on issues with regard to nigeria

hmmm still here

watchin ha

Ikeyman, this is original iron bread (no insult just be comical) grin grin grin

hahaa Mills is not an ewe. he is fante. and even his home region voted against him in the years 2000 and 2004. they only voted for him in 2008. and please note that the central region where Mills is from is a swing region. they can vote anyhow they want when their mind tells them to, dem no send wether u be their tribes man or not. abeg this is facts, and as i always say, facts dey groun, visit www.myjoyonline.com
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by manuel(m): 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ Shesi

whether mining whites exploit locals everywhere or not, the point is that practice should be stopped any where be it ghana or 9ja. i know u have to agree with me on this. i doubt an argument on this should continue.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by ikeyman00(m): 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2009
Ikeyman,

this is not a right way to approach an arguement. I have read a couple of threads here and I am hearing tribalism repeatedly here. abeg, tribalism is not an issue in ghana. on a scale of 0 to 10, tribalism counts at lets say 0.7. abeg dats the truth. I am surprised u are sayin that some tribes are not happy mills won. look NDC and NPP have strong holds in certain parts of ghana, but there are even some times when those places vote against the expected outcome, take for instance the Brong Ahafo region, NPP won those regions in 1996, 2000, and 2004. but in the 2008 election, they lost that region woefully.

Ikeyman, i dont think comin here to post aythin just for compe[b]tition sake wud save face for naija or make ghana look bad.[/b] u know facts dey ground. its quite pathetic that 9ja today at this point upon all the resources wud be fightin for superiority over ghana, when it should have been in comparison with the singapores and malaysia of today. we and our leaders have failed ourselves.

haaaha  aaaaa
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by manuel(m): 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2009
ok, i think i will just be monitoring this thread and just reply to some mind bogglin issues. but one thing i know 4 sure is dat Election cannot be rigged in ghana, I put ma big b*lls on dat heeey i dey gbadun for kumasi haaaaaa, see babes!
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by ikeyman00(m): 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2009
manuel
right snap their pic

and to all the ghana must go brethens plz post pics of accra taken by u in the travel section

hey post that fat babe pic

walk the talkin
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Bennyboy11: 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2009
Gbawe:

Bennyboy , unlike Shesi who apologized when shown his error , you do not seem to have any honour !!! I have repeatedly stated that I don't care for the Giant of Africa tag. You have proven what I have suspected all along with your refusal to own up to stating that what you wrote is factually incorrect i.e Ghana is "the true Giant of Africa".

Instead you continue to move the goalpost by skirting mischievously around issues with utterances such as "My point is that Ghana currently is the happening place in the region.". Someone should tell you that "happening place" (whatever that is based on) does not constitute regional Giant.

Your motive is the same as I have witnessed from several Ghanaians i.e give a dog (Nigeria) a bad name and hang it in order and proclaim Ghana superior. As for your " happening place" claim I will only say that some of you are too swayed by what you read in the papers to know what is on the ground !!! If you think , because of all the negatives you read about Nigeria , all what you wrote below is not happening in Nigeria (especially the highlighted) then good luck to you;

For example, Eko Atlantic City , currently under construction in Lagos State, is the only project of its kind and scale in Africa !!! It is the equivalent of the Palms in Dubai. Dare I say that not many African countries can contemplate , let alone facilitate, such a Project. See it for yourself below.

http://www.ekoatlantic.com/

I cannot even begin to tell you of the Groundbreaking strides being made in Banking, telecoms, Property development , etc in Nigeria and by Nigerian businesses throughout the continent. Who is is taking 3G technology to Ghana ?(Hint the Nigerian -owned fastest growing telecom operator in Africa !!!).

I can show more "first of its kind" things happening in Nigeria but why bother? You clearly prefer to deal in conjecture that leads you to hastily believe all the negatives written about Nigeria now translates into the notion that everything is at a standstill there while everything is great in Ghana to the extent it is now the "happening place"

Granted , corruption is making life terrible for the average Nigerian . You would be correct if you state that things work better in Ghana because it has less corruption and its important institutions (Judiciary, electoral body, Executive, legislative, etc) work better than their Nigerian counterpart but you are simply decieving yourself if you now  think that everything has stopped working in Nigeria and that no progress is being made there. I think many folks are taking Obama's praises of Ghana and his put down of Nigeria to mean that he has now conferred "true giant of Africa" status on Ghana.

I am happy for Abbots. If the words of a hypocrite Politician who is not taken seriously in her own country now makes Ghana a Giant ahead of Nigeria in your eyes so be it.

http://www.newstatesman.com/200311030009

Those who see the big picture want all Africa to be happening places . They are not quick to bragadociously declare that they are "the true Giant of Africa" or that their nation is "the happening place" merely because they are the darling of the West currently while being totally ignorant of what is happening in other nations !!  

Here we go again with the mischief and moving of the goal post . The status of a regional Giant nation has clearly accepted parameters!!! That is all I have tried to point out to you. Accept that and move on. I am not saying Ghana is not working better than Nigeria currently but it is wrong to call your Nation "the true Giant of Africa" because democratic practices are strong in your nation while thinking Nigeria is suddenly a non-entity because it is badly led.

It is ridiculous and childish to brag that Ghana is "the true Giant of Africa" when many African nations are richer, stronger, more literate, more economically diverse and more infrastructurally sound than Ghana. That is all I am trying to show you. Continuing to argue means that , coupled with an ignorance of what is happening in many African nations , you have taken the praises of the West to mean what it does not !!!!

There are some very basic things you seem to be missing which I will highlight. I was speaking Metaphorically and have explained what now feels like a million times the essence of my initial post so I am really and truly done with this African Giant talk.

You talk about a lot of African countries being more developed in infrastructural terms than us which is very true. My pride in Ghana is in its chosen path and systems that have been put in place. You make a mistake that many Africans make you said just because Nigeria is "badly led" which gives the impression that being badly led is a minor issue. There is nothing more important than being well led, actually the only ingredient needed to build a country is good leadership every thing else can be substituted. Good leadership can even make a docile people astute, good leadership can provide resources where resources don't naturally exist. I can give you several examples of nations that have little or no natural resources that are the envy of the world. You casual statement of Nigeria being "badly led" shows your lack of understanding of what works. You should trade all your oil wealth for good leadership. Have you ever wondered why the UK which I would not place in the top ten most beautiful places remains a major world player? It is the respect for its institutions and sound leadership.

When it comes down to it, you will not find many African countries being led better than Ghana today and that’s why I am "bragging". Infrastructure can be build in a day, go to Dubai and see how oil money has transformed their infrastructure but putting the right systems in place and building an environment that good leadership can thrive in takes forever and that is what matters. South Africa probably makes Accra look like a village, but considering the turmoil within it, the disparity and low level of education amongst the black population caused by apartheid, coupled with HIV and current leadership worries, I would not rush to envy their position. I know it's a bold statement but I stand by it.

What did the building of Abuja do for Nigeria? Did it diversify your economy more? Did it change your image to the outside world? Did it address fundamental problems? the answer to all that is no. So what will the Eko Atlantic project which is very impressive i must admit or any other project do? nothing.

The name of the game is bottom up change and it has to be done painstakingly, it takes a long time and there are no short cuts. The point you are all missing is that Ghana has embarked on this long Journey and has further to go but the important thing is that we have began. That is the distinguishing factor. You on the other hand are looking for quick fixes, Nigeria approached Max Clifford to help salvage your reputation and he turned it down he would not be involved with a white wash. There were allegations of Rawlings being paid money to help with your reputation when he was president and current happenings gives credence to that story, but that’s irrelevant. Ghana has not paid a penny for its current reputation it comes naturally when you embark on the journey for true change. And don't attempt to belittle the importance of having a good reputation to the outside world in the current globally interdependent world because that would be naivety beyond comprehension.

This Eko Atlantic project is being built without proper lights in Nigeria. All the incredible mansions that we hear about in Victoria Island or wherever it is, depend on generators do they? Doesn't that sound like a fantastic building with no foundation to you? and we all know what happens to buildings without solid foundation. Isn't it amazing that the OECD recognises that Ghana has a more diverse economy than Nigeria? It means if Ghana begins to see an economic boom our foundations will be sound. Isn't it amazing that whiles fantastic ambitious projects are being undertaken like Eko Atlantic Ghana with better electricity than yourselves is solidifying its electricity by investing heavily in it now? Your change is top down ours is bottom up and we'll see which lasts longer and yields better fruit. Don't be impressed because with the investment any project is doable anywhere.

The most important achievements of any society are usually intangible and only discernible by people with intellect and foresight. It might therefore look like I have nothing to write home about but don’t be fooled.

In conclusion if your current president does not have the mandate of your people like I have heard people on here saying, and elections become a season for bloodshed and mindless killings, and there aren’t systems and independent institutions which ensure accountability and repercussions for corruption then I am afraid that YES Nigeria is standing still or pobably even going back whiles Ghana is moving forward in spite of projects like Eko Atlantic.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by PROJECT: 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2009
benny,first and foremost am a nigerian living in ghana and i dont see what u should be happy about ,in ur statement u said ur judiciary is independent, well i will taell its not a clear case is the story of tsatu tsikata,when nana addo was the arttorney general we know how he kept changing tactics all to keep tsatu in jail juts to sell of vodafone,we know of the kojo mpiani ghana at 50 and how the police and bni was threatening the opposition or should i tell u of issa mobila and how the suspects were freed becos the govt said there were no witnesses,i could go on and on but really stop making a whole lot of noise an informed society is a developed society and how well informed are ghanaians ,over 80 percent of the citizen are not educated,anywhere u go u see their zenophobic attititude towards nigerians,apart from alhaji banda who is doing well and paa kwesi nduom who else can u talk about, u cannot talk of being the giant of africa when all u depend on is dole out from countries like nigeria who gives u oil on credit,america ,idia and china,, what investments do u have even in neigbouring togo,please dont build castle in the sky, nigeria only has leadership problem which will be overcomed soonest.i assure u, nigeria is giant of africa, charter house is a good example,gtbank,inetrcontinental.amalbank.and more
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Martass: 6:00pm On Aug 05, 2009
Project, Nigeria is not the giant of anywhere, has never been and will never be. You should rather weep for Nigeria it's about to blow up. I hope you guys will confine yourselves to Nigeria when it happens and not mess up West Africa with your population.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Gbawe: 6:23pm On Aug 05, 2009
Martass:

Project, Nigeria is not the giant of anywhere, has never been and will never be.

Objective Ghanaians , and indeed Africans, who are not blinded by hate admit Nigeria's potentials , if led well , to be the foremost nation in Africa. Anyone not choked with hate will understand that a Nigeria fulfilling its potential is not a bad thing at all for Africa and the World but thanks for the curse all the same . Conversely, I pray for Ghana to go from strenght to strenght because that will aid regional and continental development.

You should rather weep for Nigeria it's about to blow up.

Thank you for your kind wishes. A "blown up" Nigeria will leave West Africa unscathed no doubt. Sad to see that Xenophobia has rendered you myopic to the extent you cannot understand that a Nigeria in crisis will mean West Africa in crisis and that , conversely , a healthy Nigeria is good for all West Africa- including Ghana.

I hope you guys will confine yourselves to Nigeria when it happens and not mess up West Africa with your population.

The repellent Xenophobia , despite attempts to hide it , is now becoming obvious .This really is the crux of the matter is it not ? This is why Nigerian businesses alone now require a $300,000 capital base to operate in Ghana is it not? If you don't have the natural talent to compete against others who are more ambitious, more innovative and more outgoing get your Government to cheat on your behalf with crude protectionist practices belonging to the stone ages not so ?

Please hurry up and kick all Nigerians out of Ghana as many in Ghana are currently advocating. Hopefully those you kick out will be fired up enough to go back to Nigeria and begin the revolution to get the current indolent Government out. I guess kicking and keeping Nigerians out will solve all your problems and make you guys more dynamic, more ambitious and more outgoing in your business attitude. In line with your new found Giant status you will also now suddenly have the business acumen ,sagacity and go-anywhere-attitude to travel outside Ghana and dominate the continent  cool

http://www.triumphnewspapers.com/$3oosd1072009.html

$300,000 for doing business: Nigeria, Ghana inaugurate body on demand
Nigeria and Ghana have set up a joint committee to resolve the problems arising from the demand by Ghana that Nigerian businesses pay 300,000 dollars to operate in Ghana.
On November 28, 2007, the Ghana Investment Promotion Council (GIPC) slammed the fee on Nigerian businessmen in Ghana, sealing up hundreds of shops that were not able to pay the money.
Many of the shops have remained sealed, more than 20 months after they were closed.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Martass: 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2009
Gbawe I thought you are smart enough not to buy into this nonsense. You think Ghana Gov will make laws purposely for Nigerians? This is an existing law; it applies to all foreigners who want to engage in a particular business venture in Ghana. Maybe it was not being applied stringently in the past as it so often happens but Nigerians are not so special that the Gov will make laws just for them?

Every country has laws, Nigerians are being allowed to open banks in Ghana (something I'll be against) but as I speak Nigeria laws does not allow foreigners to open banks in Nigeria. A while ago Nigeria will not allow Ghanaian traders to export certain items to Nigeria, it was so bad for Ghanaian traders that the Gov took it up with Nigerian Gov. , guess what? It came to naught.

There are Labanese,Chinese,Philipinos etc in Ghana and they will all abide by the Ghanaian laws just as Ghanaians live quietly in Nigeria by your laws, period. Too bad Nigerians feel so special, too bad. We will not tolerate your lawlessness.

If you people are so smart like you are trying to paint here how come you can’t make simple things work in your so special country?
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Bennyboy11: 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2009
PROJECT:

benny,first and foremost am a nigerian living in ghana and i dont see what u should be happy about ,in ur statement u said ur judiciary is independent, well i will taell its not a clear case is the story of tsatu tsikata,when nana addo was the arttorney general we know how he kept changing tactics all to keep tsatu in jail juts to sell of vodafone,we know of the kojo mpiani ghana at 50 and how the police and bni was threatening the opposition or should i tell u of issa mobila and how the suspects were freed becos the govt said there were no witnesses,i could go on and on but really stop making a whole lot of noise an informed society is a developed society and how well informed are ghanaians ,over 80 percent of the citizen are not educated,anywhere u go u see their zenophobic attititude towards nigerians,apart from alhaji banda who is doing well and paa kwesi nduom who else can u talk about, u cannot talk of being the giant of africa when all u depend on is dole out from countries like nigeria who gives u oil on credit,america ,idia and china,, what investments do u have even in neigbouring togo,please dont build castle in the sky, nigeria only has leadership problem which will be overcomed soonest.i assure u, nigeria is giant of africa, charter house is a good example,gtbank,inetrcontinental.amalbank.and more

I like it when uninformed individuals with no attention to detail talk out of turn. Go back and read my comment on being African Giants before you post another comment. I know you are not attempting to compare the independence of our institutions with yours because that would be laughable. What happened regarding the issues you raised? When nana addo attempted to fast track cases including tsikata's case the courts halted proceedings because the fast track approach was deemed illegal under the constitution this was when the Npp was in government. Now that my friend, is independence. Corruption exists but there are systems in place, mr mpianim who you speak of is currently facing a committee of enquiry and a case is being put together to prosecute any Ghana @ 50 wrong doings. What happens when big men in Nigeria are called to answer questions? well they just don't turn up I remember that happening in the case of IBB.
What happened when Npp the Government of the day went to the high court about election results? what did the courts say about Asa b's wife's passport a few weeks ago? these are all decisions the courts took which went against the wishes of the Government of the day eveidence of independence so please check your facts. Don't let me start with the achievements of the electoral commission which is an imported and very independent institution. Do you have that level of transparency with your electoral commission? I doubt that very much.
The government did not say anything about the Mobila issue it was the courts that did, there was insufficient evidence look it up in a legal dictionary and it happens I can't see your point.

We can all come up with statistics and talk nonsense thats easy to do, 80% illiteracy I won't even comment on that. Like I tell you guys all the time when you stop trooping into our educational institutions in your numbers then you can make such comments.

Generally Ghanaians are not as rich us you guys because we are not as corrupt but your statement about banda being the only businessman must be a joke. It will be petty to mention individuals but do you know the likes ken ofori atta, togbe afede, or even sam jonah? well sam jonah is an advisor to the nigerian government on investment issues read about him. Bit of education for you generally businesses venturing out, go to compatible places and language for instance can be a barrier hence not a great deal is being done in togo. For your information data bank owned by ken ofori atta is a major player in financial services market both in Liberia and sierra leone. Regimanuel gray dominates the real estate industry in Sierra Leone. Word of advise don't be to taken in by super rich individual Nigerians most of then are the reason why you are a failed state.

Also there is nothing wrong with foreign aid as long as it is part of a strategy to build economic independence and not a permanent arrangement. Germany after the second world war was completely dependent on foreign aid for years so was Japan. Nigeria is far from independent so I can't see your point.

It doesn't help that the first few cases of armed robbery involved some Nigerians but that does not excuse anti Nigerian sentiments and I hope things improve on that front. Nigeria hasn't been that mature in the past either, we all know about the ghana must go saga. Ghana can't be that bad with an estimated 2 million Nigerians in Ghana about 10% of our population that speaks volumes by itself.

So check your facts before you post ignorant comments my friend and we will hopefully be supplying you with some electricity soon so maybe you should start showing some humility.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Bennyboy11: 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2009
Gbawe:

Objective Ghanaians , and indeed Africans, who are not blinded by hate admit Nigeria's potentials , if led well , to be the foremost nation in Africa. Anyone not choked with hate will understand that a Nigeria fulfilling its potential is not a bad thing at all for Africa and the World but thanks for the curse all the same . Conversely, I pray for Ghana to go from strenght to strenght because that will aid regional and continental development.

Thank you for your kind wishes. A "blown up" Nigeria will leave West Africa unscathed no doubt. Sad to see that Xenophobia has rendered you myopic to the extent you cannot understand that a Nigeria in crisis will mean West Africa in crisis and that , conversely , a healthy Nigeria is good for all West Africa- including Ghana.

The repellent Xenophobia , despite attempts to hide it , is now becoming obvious .This really is the crux of the matter is it not ? This is why Nigerian businesses alone now require a $300,000 capital base to operate in Ghana is it not? If you don't have the natural talent to compete against others who are more ambitious, more innovative and more outgoing get your Government to cheat on your behalf with crude protectionist practices belonging to the stone ages not so ?

Please hurry up and kick all Nigerians out of Ghana as many in Ghana are currently advocating. Hopefully those you kick out will be fired up enough to go back to Nigeria and begin the revolution to get the current indolent Government out. I guess kicking and keeping Nigerians out will solve all your problems and make you guys more dynamic, more ambitious and more outgoing in your business attitude. In line with your new found Giant status you will also now suddenly have the business acumen ,sagacity and go-anywhere-attitude to travel outside Ghana and dominate the continent  cool

http://www.triumphnewspapers.com/$3oosd1072009.html

Nobody wants to see bad things happening in Nigeria the Ghana Nigeria rivalry is generally a healthy one although occassionally it gets a bit messy but that's from both sides. Everyone appreciates what a booming Nigeria means to Ghana and the region. I for one would like to see a revolution in Nigeria so you can attain your full potential but it doesn't seem like it will happen any time soon so life goes on.

I however dislike the arrogance and ignorance exhibited here on occassions. How come nobody ever says anything about Ghana must go comments on here including yourself when thousands of Ghanaians where killed in the process.

Nobody has ever said anything about Nigerians returning Ghana is too civilised for such an undignified move
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Martass: 7:39pm On Aug 05, 2009
Gbawe,

I don't hate Nigeria but on coming to this site and reading some unflattering posts about Ghana annoyed me. I realized it is a pattern here. It started with the Obama visit to Ghana which Nigerians found so disrespectful that it assumed national proportions in Nigeria. I hope you guys will take some queue from Wole Soyinka the wise one.

For someone who lived through the sixties and seventies to see Nigerians in Ghana and being sent packing  back to Nigeria by Busia and loosing many Nigerian friends at the time I bet I'll be the last to be branded as a Nigeria hater.  

I very well know the potential of Nigeria as a Nation with over 150m people and oil money to boot. I know how Nations in West Africa can easily be overrun by Nigerians if trouble blows up in Nigeria. For this I always hope that Nigeria will grow as a Nation and the West coast will enjoy it's peace as it is.

I envy nothing from Nigerians but sometimes when you read stuff from Nigerians who behave like Nigeria is the only country in Africa and they are building Ghana with their 'business smartness' and what have you, then you feel obligated to respond.  It is this same so-called ‘aggressiveness and business smartness’ that is messing up your country. You guys have a problem you are under estimating and that will be your undoing.

For Ghana, we are a small nation without much wealth like Nigeria, we will welcome any law abiding  investors regardless of where they come from and they will live by our code.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Gbawe: 8:01pm On Aug 05, 2009
Martass:

Gbawe,

I don't hate Nigeria but on coming to this site and reading some unflattering posts about Ghana annoyed me. I realized it is a pattern here. It started with the Obama visit to Ghana which Nigerians found so disrespectful that it assumed national proportions in Nigeria. I hope you guys will take some queue from Wole Soyinka the wise one.

For someone who lived through the sixties and seventies to see Nigerians in Ghana and being sent packing  back to Nigeria by Busia and loosing many Nigerian friends at the time I bet I'll be the last to be branded as a Nigeria hater.  

I very well know the potential of Nigeria as a Nation with over 150m people and oil money to boot. I know how Nations in West Africa can easily be overrun by Nigerians if trouble blows up in Nigeria. For this I always hope that Nigeria will grow as a Nation and the West coast will enjoy it's peace as it is.

I envy nothing from Nigerians but sometimes when you read stuff from Nigerians who behave like Nigeria is the only country in Africa and they are building Ghana with their 'business smartness' and what have you, then you feel obligated to respond.  It is this same so-called ‘aggressiveness and business smartness’ that is messing up your country. You guys have a problem you are under estimating and that will be your undoing.

For Ghana, we are a small nation without much wealth like Nigeria, we will welcome any law abiding  investors regardless of where they come from and they will live by our code.

well I guess I can understand where you are coming from. If you noticed ,earlier , I have already admitted to the existence of Nigerians who will seek to belittle the achievement of Ghana and ungraciously cast it off as small and unimportant. That is wrong of them and I feel , as someone who is fiercely pan-African in outlook , that it is shameful some Africans shortsightedly prefer to jostle for supremacy without understanding that an African continent with uniformly prosperous nations is a credit to all of us.

To a large extent those in the West cannot differentiate between me and you. We are both Africans from the "beggar" continent . I only got involved in this thread because I recognised what I assumed to be a bragadocious boast that sought to arrogate upon Ghana what it does not possess yet , in the typical spirit borne of the need to declare supremacy over Nigeria at all cost by some Ghanaians.

I care not for the Giant of Africa tag. I only care for an Africa that is working for you, me and all of us from every corner of it.

If you see my contribution to the Obama thread you will 'feel' my pride at Ghana for its achievement in showing the world that the "Monkeys" can be civilised and democratic when the likes of Nigeria and Kenya continue to embarass our continent by behaving as our Western detractors claim we are only able to .

We have to work together to move our continent forward rather than get bogged down with declaring superiority over each other when God has given us all different endowments. Disregard the arrogant Nigerians in future as they do not speak for all Nigerians.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by manuel(m): 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2009
peepz just dey waste time for here dey battle, i believe the real battle should be a battle of competent leadership in Aso Rock and Osu castle. well, as far as I am concerned, Aso Rock is loosin that battle, and no be today, e don teey angry

well, this is ma last post on this thread, arguing here no go change facts wey dey groun
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Bennyboy11: 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2009
Gbawe:

well I guess I can understand where you are coming from. If you noticed ,earlier , I have already admitted to the existence of Nigerians who will  seek to belittle the achievement of Ghana and ungraciously cast it off as small and unimportant. That is wrong of them and I feel , as someone who is fiercely pan-African in outlook , that it is shameful some Africans shortsightedly prefer to jostle for supremacy without understanding that an African continent with uniformly prosperous nations is a credit to all of us.

To a large extent those in the West cannot differentiate between me and you. We are both Africans from the "beggar" continent  . I only got involved in this thread because I recognised what I assumed to be a bragadocious boast that sought to arrogate upon Ghana what it does not possess yet , in the typical spirit borne of the need to declare supremacy over Nigeria at all cost by some Ghanaians.

I care not for the Giant of Africa tag. I only care for an Africa that is working for you, me and all of us from every corner of it.

If you see my contribution to the Obama thread you will 'feel' my pride at Ghana for its achievement in showing the world that the "Monkeys" can be civilised and democratic when the likes of Nigeria and Kenya continue to embarass our continent by behaving as our Western detractors claim we are only able to .

We have to work together to move our continent forward rather than get bogged down with declaring superiority over each other when God has given us all different endowments. Disregard the arrogant Nigerians in future as they do not speak for all Nigerians. 

Well said
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Gbawe: 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2009
Bennyboy11:

I however dislike the arrogance and ignorance exhibited here on occassions.

Can you not , as an obviously intelligent individual with an eye on the bigger picture , ignore the arrogance of the uninformed and unexposed? We are both "darkies" to the rest of the World . Our continent and its people are not exactly held in high esteem Worldwide. We should rally to each others support if at all we understand that we are the most underdeveloped region on the face of the Earth. We certainly have no business declaring superiority over each other when , in recognition that we each bring different 'meals' to the table , we should be supporting each other. Good Ghanaians should speak against what is happening in Nigeria but only in the esprit de corps hope that their Nigerian brothers and sisters will be liberated from the leadership tyranny Ghana also had to endure in the past . You will admit however that some Ghanaians (and perhaps I wrongly mistook you for that ) have allowed themselves to be carried away with all the nonsense to the extent that lording it over Nigerians , by accentuating our current woes , is the most important consideration .

How come nobody ever says anything about Ghana must go comments on here including yourself when thousands of Ghanaians where killed in the process.

Dont be fooled by the number of  my postings. I have not been a member of this forum for long at all. I have certainly not seen any "Ghana must go" post. My unequivocal position is that it was wrong for Nigeria to eject Ghanaians from Nigeria. The excuse that Ghana did same to Nigerians in the 70 is untenable to me . Man must evolve, improve and move forward not become more nearnderthal and visceral.

In conclusion it is our best men/women we must all put forward always if we are to enjoy continental peace, development and unity while diminishing xenophobia, protectionism and prejudice. That is what will promote progressive coexistant and simultaneously defeat the petty desire of some Africans to compete with other African when , in the words of Kwame Nkrumah, "Africa must unite or die" . Coincidentally , and on a national level , I think Ghana is doing well because it is promoting its best men and women to positions of authority and Nigeria continues to underachieve because it is allowing its most influential positions to remain in the hand of inept men and women who are the compromised choices of those who place vested interest ahead of national development.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Martass: 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2009
Well Gbawe, this is going to be my last post on this thread. You said it all and there is no point going back and forth again. No matter what you do there will be ill educated and half witted folks (Nigerians and Ghanaians) who will make uninformed inflammatory posts just for the heck of it.

The potential for Nigeria to be a very powerful Nation is no doubt evident in it's size and resources and it grieves me at times to see the mess being created by the leaders. I sit here and wonder why Nigeria cannot solve some of its perennial problems when it has all the resources to do so.

Like you rightfully said, a prosperous Nigeria is good for West Africa and one can only hope the current potentially explosive situation in the Delta Region will be solved in a rational way to prevent any escalation.

Believe me, Ghanaians wish Nigerians well because any stormy situation in Nigeria will no doubt affect us and likely many countries in West Africa and we know that. It thus goes without saying that a prosperous Nigeria will certainly be in our interest and benefit.

This may be my last post on Nairaland.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Bennyboy11: 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2009
Gbawe:

Can you not , as an obviously intelligent individual with an eye on the bigger picture , ignore the arrogance of the uninformed and unexposed? We are both "darkies" to the rest of the World . Our continent and its people are not exactly held in high esteem Worldwide. We should rally to each others support if at all we understand that we are the most underdeveloped region on the face of the Earth. We certainly have no business declaring superiority over each other when , in recognition that we each bring different 'meals' to the table , we should be supporting each other. Good Ghanaians should speak against what is happening in Nigeria but only in the esprit de corps hope that their Nigerian brothers and sisters will be liberated from the leadership tyranny Ghana also had to endure in the past . You will admit however that some Ghanaians (and perhaps I wrongly mistook you for that ) have allowed themselves to be carried away with all the nonsense to the extent that lording it over Nigerians , by accentuating our current woes , is the most important consideration .

Dont be fooled by the number of  my postings. I have not been a member of this forum for long at all. I have certainly not seen any "Ghana must go" post. My unequivocal position is that it was wrong for Nigeria to eject Ghanaians from Nigeria. The excuse that Ghana did same to Nigerians in the 70 is untenable to me . Man must evolve, improve and move forward not become more nearnderthal and visceral.

In conclusion it is our best men/women we must all put forward always if we are to enjoy continental peace, development and unity while diminishing xenophobia, protectionism and prejudice. That is what will promote progressive coexistant and simultaneously defeat the petty desire of some Africans to compete with other African when , in the words of Kwame Nkrumah, "Africa must unite or die" . Coincidentally , and on a national level , I think Ghana is doing well because it is promoting its best men and women to positions of authority and Nigeria continues to underachieve because it is allowing its most influential positions to remain in the hand of inept men and women who are the compromised choices of those who place vested interest ahead of national development.

Hear hear. My sentiments exactly. Our well being is intertwined all is not lost Africa indeed can Unite.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by theviper1: 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2009
this is why i believe that no human is totally evil or good.i also knows that any man can learn when taught.for the very first time on this thread,i have heard very sensible words from @martass. so @gbawe, @martass,@benny and @all good and mature contributors,my hat is up 4 all of you.i dont believe in boasting,bt at the same time i wont stand for anyone running nigeria down,no matter how bad. we africans,especially the youths owe ourselves and our fatherlands a great duty in carrying on with the spirit of our founding fathers. the Nkrumahs,ziks atall never enjoyed this petiness and they never had time for it. bad government is the reason why people like me have to live outside my country,and like @gbawe said,these guys doesnt make any differentiating long as u are a darkie. i have had the chance of seeing virtually all of africa and almost half of the world and i know the pains of being an african. some years back,some asian ship owners dumped ghanians in the sea,why? cos of our colour. i have always said that a better ghana is good for all of us,bt a good africa will be our collective joys. i have wished ghana well,bt its unfortunate that there are people on both sides who doesnt post to make sense,bt for the irritation and stupidity.for such pple.i say,stop posting.and for the good and mentally matured pple,i say bring on ur knowledges so that we will all benefit from them. SHALOM.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by ahfo(m): 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2009
it sound increadible or as the saying goes wonders would never end,yar adua dat can not prevent rigging in a common local government election in ekiti state .This just a mere political propanganda to boost is image dont be deceive my people it is all lies.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by sjeezy8: 2:46pm On Aug 07, 2009
Jerry rawlings is a criminal look at the guy what the difference between him and OBJ. The guy was head of state in ghana from 1979-2001. Theres nothing that seperates ghanians from nigerian poltically speaking.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by Africason(m): 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
@ Sherry lo
Yes Nana's father was this,he was that and he was corrupt! that was why he was among the people killed by Rawlings!

Are you really sure Nana's father was killed by JJ? This even depicts you know nothing about Ghana politics, so please do your research before you spew these inaccurate statements.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Akufo-Addo 

Anyway, Ghana needs oil from Nigeria thus they've been negotiating for months and it seems JJ wants to 'big up' Yar'Adua to sweeten the deal.

As someone rightly pointed out, Rawlings is seriously deluded and therefore thinks everything revolves around him. It beggers believe some of the statements he makes sometimes.
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by ikennahill: 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2009
We should weep for our country. what a shame.a lot of naija men and women now try to get another citizenship,because with ur green card naija version ,u are in for trouble. SHAME ON ALL MEN AND WOMEN THAT CONVERTED NIGERIA INTO A LAUGHING STOCK. VISIT VARIOUS EMBASSIES AND EVEN CHURCHES AND SEE THE PRAYER REQUESTS,VISA IS NOW GOLD.
SHAME TO EVIL MEN
SHAME AND SHAME TO ALL EVEIL POLITICANS,
SHAME
Re: Rawlings: Yar’adua Prevented Kuffuor From Rigging Ghana’s Polls by nex(m): 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2009
Okay, I've been posting sparsely on this thread because unlike our Ghanaian brothers that spend so much time thinking about us, I've hardly concerned myself about Ghana over the years and I must apologise for that. Now however, I've decided to ask some questions, google some stuff, and visit some Ghanaian forums.

The national security coordinator, Sam Amoo, had to assure the entire nation that there was no state of emergency was called after there was crises and confusion during the elections.

On December 9, 11 ballot boxes which were taken away from vandalized polling stations in Akwatia were conveyed to Koforidua by the police.

26,156 ballot papers were rejected in the Western Region.

In Tema East, NDC rejected the results because of wrong figures and discrepancies.

An MP, Kennedy Agyepong went into the strong room of the EC Headquarters to manipulate results.

Minister of state who was an NPP member ordered recount of ballots where it didn't favour them.

NDC warns against attempts to rig election 2008.

Two presiding officers at Atebubu arrested for missing Presidential ballot papers at their polling stations.

Please direct your "mice" to google and find some of these out for yourself in order to know that rigging of the 2008 elections was already on before there was an intervention from somewhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Governorship Ticket: OBJ Loses Again. / Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' / Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.