Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,602 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student (53800 Views)

FIDEI Polytechnic Gboko Protest, Police Accused Of Killing 2 Students (Pics) / Snake Bite Kills Student Of IMT, Enugu / No Student Was Killed During Uniport Protest - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Ramanto(m): 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
i'v known all along that something ths bad will happen. sad
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by MizMyColi(f): 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
Too sad.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
Akant take this anymore,i'm going there tomorrow to stop this nonsense,what sort of clueless people are these?
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by kingthreat(m): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
braimeddy:
Is there any evidence that he was shot by the police? It's very possible that his rival used this opportunity to knock him down. And moreover I don't think policemen are foolish enough to use real bullets for students who protesting peacefully. Even though it was the police that actually killed him, more that 1 student would be dead. My observation is that his killing is a set up by his rivals

It's like you dont know who the trigger-happy Nigerian police force are.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by virus04(m): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
Mehn I run o
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by obailala(m): 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nigeria happens to be the only country where its police uses live bullets to disperse a protest/riot. And they do so not by releasing shots in the air, but by levelling their rifles at humans. Apologies to ipob but Nigeria is really a zoo. undecided cry

3 Likes

Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by freecocoa(f): 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
This is just crazy.

They make stup1d decisions and expect students not to protest? How can someone get extra year because they were unable to meet up with deadline?

Now someone is dead

This is just infuriating.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nigerians,
Your lives aint worth shiit.
There! I said it
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by kunle75(m): 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
calculator123:
partly the students,i am surr they weren't peaceful abt the protest

ypou are very correct even from our days on campus about 16yrs ago student will claim to be peaceful but its not always true cos they feels that students are govt children..............and no sain man should stand in front of gun wielding hungry naija police ......its so pathetic
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
There was indeed a country. The APC led govt have failed Nigerians, they have failed the people, they have turned brothers against themselves, they have sold Nigeria peace to the wolf.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by 124mumsy: 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
Olanireti:

Whic rival are you talking about/. Are they just contesting for the post? The rival that didnt kill him during election would now kill him after election. Stop defending nigeriaNarm forces unnecessarily. We all know what they are capable of doing especially Nigeria police force. So unfortunate the guy died like this. I dont know when this country will grow. There is nothing wrong with protest for crying out loud, just that most of the time in Nigeria student protest doesnt yield any positive result.
my bro there are some fools you don't voment on what they type because of their inexperience and stupidity

1 Like

Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by ahaika23: 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
KAi, I miss GEJ. Even with all the protests during his tenure you won't hear of even a scratch on civilians!

3 Likes

Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by MzMercie: 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
What a foolish decision, angry RIP to d dead
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by 9jawikileaks(m): 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by sanandreas(m): 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
Are there no rubber bullets? Police is not my friend
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by sexybol(m): 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
dtruth3:
The Daura Armed Forces has killed yet another innocent soul, while their Fulani brothers are on the other hand unleashing terror on different communities!

. You well so?
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
Suigeneris93:

you weren't there so you can't be SURE about anything. The police had no right to shoot at them, teargas to disperse them, yes. But shooting WRONG! Anyways I don't blame you, you're so used to the insanity in this zoo of a country, you probably see this as normal
That's the point,when you keep wishing the country evil by using your bad mouth to call it Zoo,then you'll always be the ANIMAL.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
freecocoa:
This is just crazy.

They make stup1d decisions and expect students not to protest? How can someone get extra year because they were unable to meet up with deadline?

Now someone is dead

This is just infuriating.

It is mind bugling how irrational decisions of this nature would be taken and you expect the student to fold their arms or keep quiet and swallow hook line and sinker?

Indeed there was a country.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by ilyas26(m): 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
Some idiots are blaming PMB that's presently in China, they didn't even blame the state government or the police authorities

1 Like

Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by marlvis(f): 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
cry Jesus,Mary and Joseph God what's happening in Nigeria ..we are complaining of no light ,no fuel,no anything ...and now they are killing innocent souls .....

God have mercy ...and help us oh lord

Amen....
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by mayskit4luv(m): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
m so speechless! Rip to d departed soul!
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by chiefoboh1(m): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
Is uniport not federal institution? Was it FG or SG that increase the fee? When everything is hard all this gov re increasing even the little things the common can afford. Why ?
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by 124mumsy: 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
slimmy2005:
There was indeed a country. The APC led govt have failed Nigerians, they have failed the people, they have turned brothers against themselves, they have sold Nigeria peace to the wolf.
all you no how to do is to wail about APC and bihari as if you can recount the achievement you made during jona led administration, it pains me that most of you wailers don't have job, so you tend to eat from thuggery that has vanish with Jonathan led administration.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by chriscross89(m): 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
braimeddy:
Is there any evidence that he was shot by the police? It's very possible that his rival used this opportunity to knock him down. And moreover I don't think policemen are foolish enough to use real bullets for students who protesting peacefully. Even though it was the police that actually killed him, more that 1 student would be dead. My observation is that his killing is a set up by his rivals
Guy buy sense, if you don't know what to say.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by pwettiejay(f): 5:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
Oh! God! A life has just been wasted

1 Like

Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by xtive(m): 5:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
Loss of life in every single protest. Only in Nigeria!!!
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
sad
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
Again ! It has happened. Only in a zoo country like this that peaceful protesters get killed for fighting for their rights. Smh ! RIP to the dead
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Jexyme(f): 5:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
papaejima1:

https://m.facebook.com/oyinemi.endeley/posts/10205734174986625

RIP Peter!

With this smoke, it doesn't look like a peaceful protest as said.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by adenine02: 5:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
Minor bullet wounds which would've been non-fatal in developed nations. May he return a citizen of a first world country in the next life.

It baffles the mind that rock-salt, tazers, rubber bullets, water cannons, electric batons and electrified riot shields are a foreign concept here. Anytime riots or protests happen the police are quick to discharge live rounds. May God save this country and speed our rate to development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by joshuamoses101(m): 5:10pm On Apr 11, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What The School In David Mark Home Town Looks Like / Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People / Why Does A Dead Body Float In Water, While A Live Body Sinks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.