Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student (53801 Views)

FIDEI Polytechnic Gboko Protest, Police Accused Of Killing 2 Students (Pics) / Snake Bite Kills Student Of IMT, Enugu / No Student Was Killed During Uniport Protest - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nusaf:

Very true. Infact no single life was lost throughout the 6 yrs of GEJ administration even by road accident.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic.....or joking.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Toscoas2(m): 5:44pm On Apr 11, 2016
networkrecharg:
Police Shoot protesting Student of uniport.
Comrd perter Of The Faculty Of Management Has also been shoot dead...
This is serious, y is Nigeria police like ds? well guy pls learn to write PETER not Perter......
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by lordthree(m): 5:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
adenine02:

sry pls did d school authority brought d police?
I'm not sure who called the police but they arrived at the scene
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by drss1(m): 5:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
EasternLeopard:

What is the cause of the protest
sorry i no fit reply ur question concerning d prophecy on time. dem ban my oda account.
na dan fodio or so make d prophecy. him talk say if after 100years dem no declear total islamization for nigeria dem go loose d con3. d latest date wey dem for don convert nigeria to islam na 2014 wey don pass, hence d desperation by dem appostles of dan fodio to actualize their dream through fulani herdsmen.
d prediction by america say nigeria go break no be joke.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Esperooke(m): 5:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
TIDDOLL:
Sentiments apart,I just wonder why someone would blame president buhari for a police force that has been in existence before his appointment as president.....lets face the truth and shun bigotry...have been in school protests and I know the kind of so called Aluta spirit that consumes students, but nevertheless police shouldn't be armed with live bullets....Its an unfortunate situation. ND the shooter should and must be prosecuted.
You are very correct. Left for the wailers, their new-found business is to blame Buhari for every thing.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by IYANGBALI: 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
Omo na undergraduate write this kind grammar? cry cry

It is finished cry cry cry
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Squares: 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
it's quite unfortunate the young man lost his life. but there are time some miscreants use every available mean to carry out evil deed. I 've heard of protest/riot leading to looting, to the extent of trying to break into a bank "UNAD now EKSU" and also assault on police officer trying to take their weapon some could also be daring to attack a governor SEGUN ONI was a victim. best bet is stand with ur card if you have to but with you see some element of violent take to you heel. Fuel, light security no dey but life is precious.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Oshotse21(m): 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
Who riot don help
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by calculator123(m): 5:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
Suigeneris93:

you weren't there so you can't be SURE about anything. The police had no right to shoot at them, teargas to disperse them, yes. But shooting WRONG! Anyways I don't blame you, you're so used to the insanity in this zoo of a country, you probably see this as normal
i dont see it as normal,but an action from the students must have triggered a reaction.maybe the shooting was a self defense reaction you never can tell
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by fynex(m): 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
akp202:
U see d implication of voting for a dullard as a president?
Buhari becomes the governor of Rivers state and gives the order right****guy you are really a dullard,for you I will sell sense @a cheaper rate! Think before you post
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by calculator123(m): 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
CopyLearner:
of course they weren't peaceful but the police actually walked up to him and. Shot him point blank according to eye witnesses
if so,then that bad and the policeman must be brought to book
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Opoki(m): 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
You no get gun charm you dey lead struggle?
What a useless way to die.
Let 45% of student boycott the exam, once this is achieve, the exam is null!
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by calculator123(m): 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
kunle75:

ypou are very correct even from our days on campus about 16yrs ago student will claim to be peaceful but its not always true cos they feels that students are govt children..............and no sain man should stand in front of gun wielding hungry naija police ......its so pathetic
thank God somebody saw reason with my reasons!!
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by itzdeejay: 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
This is where been a COWARD is necessary....those that where in the lodge or decided to turn back when others where rioting didn't get injured or shot at.....
That's why I turn around when I see people fighting and don't even engage in one...call it what ever u want but it prevent things like this and keeps me breathing.

RIP peter.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by desunit(m): 6:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
I weep for my country Nigeria. God please help us!
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Nusaf: 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I don't know if you are being sarcastic.....or joking.
Someone is missing GEJ because in all the protest during his administration, no civilian sustained injury. Wetin you want make I talk na?
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by calculator123(m): 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2016
lordthree:

I'm not sure who called the police but they arrived at the scene
they don't have to be called
their work entails peace keeping.hence their presence.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by calculator123(m): 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nusaf:

Someone is missing GEJ because in all the protest during his administration, no civilian sustained injury. Wetin you want make I talk na?
you are partly right,becuz during subsidy protest i cant recall any soul being lost.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by 124mumsy: 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
noeloge82:

Bro I understand u just that sometime many people don't understand , if many stundents will understand then u just need to always be at alert and 4/5 yrs will not bring u down,
Any student who survived 042 from 1999 - 2005 will understand
you are very correct, but they are some question which a learned person don't need to ask
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
charix:
Minor bullet wounds which would've been non-fatal in developed nations. May he return a citizen of a first world country in the next life.

It baffles the mind that rock-salt, tazers, rubber bullets, water cannons, electric batons and electrified riot shields are a foreign concept here. Anytime riots or protests happen the police are quick to discharge live rounds. May God save this country and speed our rate to development.

we share the same thought bro, we have a long way to go but i kind of feel if we the youths don't make this crazy people accountable they would never sit up, if all the youths matched and said no to police using live arms guns and real bullet, it may never stop
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
124mumsy:
all you no how to do is to wail about APC and bihari as if you can recount the achievement you made during jona led administration, it pains me that most of you wailers don't have job, so you tend to eat from thuggery that has vanish with Jonathan led administration.
I wouldn't even trade words with you. You don't have control over your diction let alone your life. Bye
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by TalkingBird: 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
this young man was alive not too long.

Life!

O God Let your Kingdom come to sanctify your name and prove the supremacy of your rulership
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
charix:
Minor bullet wounds which would've been non-fatal in developed nations. May he return a citizen of a first world country in the next life.

It baffles the mind that rock-salt, tazers, rubber bullets, water cannons, electric batons and electrified riot shields are a foreign concept here. Anytime riots or protests happen the police are quick to discharge live rounds. May God save this country and speed our rate to development.
Assault rifle for that matter. It's mind bugling.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
adenine02:

sry pls did d school authority brought d police?

guy what kind of english is that? are u trying to confuse or kill my brain? i just read that line and had a headache straight... angry angry
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by noeloge82(m): 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
Confirm
124mumsy:
you are very correct, but they are some question which a learned person don't need to ask
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by dandbeat(m): 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
it hurt so much for a Nigerian police to kill an innocent uniport student.....
I can't stop crying for this nation...
Rest In Peace... Comrade Peter Ofurum...
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by bethelbrill(m): 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
braimeddy:
Is there any evidence that he was shot by the police? It's very possible that his rival used this opportunity to knock him down. And moreover I don't think policemen are foolish enough to use real bullets for students who protesting peacefully. Even though it was the police that actually killed him, more that 1 student would be dead. My observation is that his killing is a set up by his rivals

You are very stupid for that comment, i was there when he was shot, he was shot three times by the SARS man................. Lale must go
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by belcom10(m): 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
Hw abt the drug test initiated by the IGP to tackled this devilish killing by the armed men of nigeria police force?, has it not bein implemented

1 Like

Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by Bethelwealthy(m): 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
a youth was killed........and many of you are making a joke at it? Very useless generation of youths.......
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by suteco16: 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
braimeddy:
Is there any evidence that he was shot by the police? It's very possible that his rival used this opportunity to knock him down. And moreover I don't think policemen are foolish enough to use real bullets for students who protesting peacefully. Even though it was the police that actually killed him, more that 1 student would be dead. My observation is that his killing is a set up by his rivals

Go and check your brain!
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by valdovas(m): 6:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
This is why revolution cannot work in Nigeria sad Police in this country are too useless.
Re: Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student by valdovas(m): 6:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nusaf:

People were killed during subsidy protests of GEJ regime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What The School In David Mark Home Town Looks Like / Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People / Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.