Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... (58021 Views)

Don't Marry Guys Who Have This 10 Habits... / Nigeria Man Advise Other Men To Stop Paying Their Girlfriends Monthly Salary / Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by halfricanadian(f): 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
Danfuster:

Abeg... Haven't you heard of "overtaken" "overtake" and "overtook" grin. You go hear ween cheesy

Im hooked tongue over hook means dem shook u with sharp object how about dat tongue
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by leriks(m): 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
@op you re 40% right nd 60% wrongm
Reasons:

It depends on d gal, as in character, respect, and personality.

And also d guy too...

As for me, I love my bae to d fullest, we knw hw to handle ourselfs well, nd plannin to get married ASAP...

So it lies on d affection, feelins nd passion there av for each other, most of all respect nd Understanding...

Get it right guys.... Al fingers re nt equal...
I rest my case...
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by naijathings(m): 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
halfricanadian:

grin i cud b all dat i swear

Bt at d same time i can b opposite

It depends on my mood

grin so u av to study ur girl properly

So....
The entire relationship depends on YOUR MOOD and amount of study your boyfriend does on you ?

okay.
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by ourchoice(m): 8:37pm On Apr 14, 2016
ourchoice:
Op, with all due respect, all you typed are nonsense!!!

Below are some of the major reasons guys don't marry their girlfriends:

1. Financial delay - when it takes ages for a guy to meet up with his financial needs, his girlfriend will become older and can't wait anymore...at this point, he has no option than to free her to go for a younger girl while working hard to make it financially.

2. When a lady lacks respect - 99% or more of men hate a disrespectful lady!

3. If the girlfriend is so materialistic and demanding!

4. If the girlfriend is idle, unemployed, not employable and doesn't have a skill, only waiting for the guy to marry her and solve all her needs and that of her family; many guys will not marry a girl like this on clear eyes

5. If the girl rejects his faith/religion

6. Tribe

7. If the girl lack manners, don't do domestic chores, complains a lot and nag always - no reasonable man with his head straight will marry such a girl

8. Financial lack - many guys can't marry a girl that has no job, not from a financially buoyant/okay family, don't have a business or skill....so no matter how good the girl maybe, many guys today won't marry her even after dating her for ages, sadly cry

So ladies, try and work to have a means of earning money and be financially productive no matter how small...many guys now don't want to marry an unemployed or broke lady

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by Yewandequeen(f): 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
just here to read comments
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by tosyne2much(m): 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2016
dulux07:
Nawa. O. At d end Who is he now going to marry. A stranger tongue
He is still going to marry his gf na undecided

D koko is, If all ladies were virgins, definitely all guys will b virgins too.
Ladies should try as much as possible to avoid sex till marriage.
If every lady is a virgin I'm sure you will still be a virgin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by halfricanadian(f): 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2016
naijathings:

So....
The entire relationship depends on YOUR MOOD and amount of study your boyfriend does on you ?

okay.

tongue he is nt complaining

Nd u kno nothing bou me nd my bf

grin so u can feel wat u want
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by Damicares(f): 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hattchett:

Such contradiction cannot exist in reality.

Nothing like mood there.

A cultured girl will at all times exhibit that mark of responsible behaviour irrespective of her state of mind.

If you demand of her of something and she is not inclined to, she would object respecfully and calmly.

While the bad girl will always be spotted no matter her hard she tries to mask her true self.
True talk. A well cultured and mannered lady will always exhibit that good character. Mood doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by repogirl(f): 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
Is like some men want to marry Angels. grin

Last time I checked, there were no Angela on earth.
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by nnalove(m): 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
donbenedict:
I beg to disagree.. the only measure that's gona make me change my mind abt her to marry her is when she lacks respect!..
Thank you
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by deph: 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
datz bullshit.... nonsense.... d op is talkin rubbish.... nt all relationship must end up in marriage.... den nt all marriage must survive...
if u gal is good... and u wan marry her.. Y nt... ppl like u tink u must marry anybody ur datin... old life... relationship is different frm marriage.... beside... a hard working n goood lady must nt expect u to marry her... proposal alwz comes as a surprise for good ladies....
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by doskie(m): 9:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
Fmartin:
Op i dnt tink so.

As fr me, am contemplating abt her illitracy level. If nt, i woul lov to marry her.
even me. the way she speaks English forces tears out of my red eyes. she can break bottle for Africa. I dont know why she likes trying to impress people just to prove that she is educated even though she dropped out in 200 level. just dont know why!
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by dulux07(m): 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
tosyne2much:
If every lady is a virgin I'm sure you will still be a virgin cheesy
100% correct grin

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by Yinkatolu: 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
vickyO:
Sex isn't the only reason men choose not to marry their girlfriends. There are other reasons.

Well, my position on premarital sex is that it blurs our opinion of the other person. We become unreasonably attached especially when the sex is good and this doesn't create an environment that fosters true courtship. We should know each other inside out and save sex as a post marriage affair.

Ever heard of delaying gratification? Embrace it; it's the key to self control. Good things come to to those who wait.

word of wisdom

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by ebyoma(f): 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
You're right. I realized that a little late embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by VickyRotex(f): 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
vickyO:
Sex isn't the only reason men choose not to marry their girlfriends. There are other reasons.

Well, my position on premarital sex is that it blurs our opinion of the other person. We become unreasonably attached especially when the sex is good and this doesn't create an environment that fosters true courtship. We should know each other inside out and save sex as a post marriage affair.

Ever heard of delaying gratification? Embrace it; it's the key to self control. Good things come to to those who wait.

Namesake, how many times can I hug you for this? kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by Nicepoker(m): 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
The op is a pained single somebody
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by Ghost447(m): 10:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
Kath5kouture:

Identify the truth please! undecided
He who assert must prove. Perhaps you were born in the year 2000.
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by temmydee181(m): 10:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
Eez d OP a lady or a quy undecided
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by tushbobo(m): 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
Attraction is the key thing. I had a virgin girlfriend who was a good wife material but I didn't have much attraction for. The woman I married was not a virgin when we met,we had sex regularly before marriage and that didn't stop me from marrying her.

Major factors that play a role in whether a man marries a woman and vice versa are:

Level of education
Looks
Family background
Religion
Communication(how well u understand each other)
Finance
Sexual compatibility
Intelligence
Taste
Homeliness

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by VickyRotex(f): 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
Op this your statistics get as e be o. cheesy

Most guys kwa? There are other reasons jare.

I've seen guys who get married to ladies(pregnant or not) they've been intimate with.
While I've seen some who says they can't get married to her cos theyve seen all they needed to see.

And I've seen one who says "she's perfect and all, she's the best, she's got everything I've ever wanted, but she's too good for me. She deserves morethan me." embarassed

I mean, it's like a dice. Theyve got different sides/ reasons.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by amerimex(m): 10:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
On d contrary most men marry dr gf, as no wil let a gud girl go, even the bad guys loves n ends up marrying good girls
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
Ghost447:
He who assert must prove. Perhaps you were born in the year 2000.
He who doesn't mind his business must also prove! Perhaps you were born last month! What are you doing on nairaland? undecided
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by temmydee181(m): 10:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
Analysiscorner:

The op talked about regular sex from a girlfriend figure. If the man is not interested in any marriage, he should spell it out from the beginning. Many girlfriends that give regular sex to their unmarried boyfriends, do so with eventual marriage at the back of their minds.

Wariz diz 1 sayin undecided.... xo a qal of 16 dat qives her BF reqular sex alwaiz thinks of eventual marriaqe wit d quy abi
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by Bamz(m): 10:39pm On Apr 14, 2016
Yewandequeen:
just here to read comments

Grabs popcorn, sits with you
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by Yewandequeen(f): 11:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
Bamz:

Grabs popcorn, sits with you
No joor

ure bigger than I am pls get ur own chair
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by Bamz(m): 11:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
Yewandequeen:

No joor

ure bigger than I am pls get ur own chair

But all the chairs are filled up...bribes you with popcorn
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by yusqod: 11:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
Fmartin:
Op i dnt tink so.

As fr me, am contemplating abt her illitracy level. If nt, i woul lov to marry her.
y not marry her n send her to skul
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by Xmen149(m): 12:09am On Apr 15, 2016
Lol..why do grls always see sex as favour to guys..as if i nodey hungry them too..,if a guy dnt gv his grl sex pass 2months she will still be restles he is getting it outside...sex is like maggi not the soup,the soup is made up of manythings...dfrnt guys and grls hv dfrnt life goals and wnts,find one who's own alines with yours and the majic is made

Exampl:..If you a grl is datin a guy who wants graduate or lvs literacy and u have no dream of being educated or already in schl..jst knw u came 4 d body
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by chrish2i: 12:10am On Apr 15, 2016
you ended up not saying any fact. that's never a reason. let me just alight some facts,
1. he was never interested in moving forward with the relationship.
2. her character.
3. she is a good girlfriend but won't make a good wife.. understand me here.
4. family background.
5. religious beliefs etc

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by habsydiamond(m): 12:50am On Apr 15, 2016
somethings sex bind man and woman. it increase the love and affection they have for eachother. the more u continue to have sex with a lady the more u wont want to lose her.
Re: Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... by noucompact(m): 12:54am On Apr 15, 2016
OBEY THE GOD WHO INSTITUTED THE MARRIAGE,ABSTAIN FROM SEX UNTIL U MARRY. DON'T WILFULLY BREAK GODS LAW.GIRLS EXPECIALLY SHULD BECAREFUL BCS THEY ARE AT THE RECEIVING END.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wedding Dance That Got People Talking (Photos) / Pre-wedding Pictures In Jehovah's Witnesses Style...love Story / Ghanaian Groom Unable To Carry His Plus-Sized Bride On Wedding Day In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.