Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. (60826 Views)

One Main Reason Why Many Will Remain Single For A Very Long Time. / Here Is Why Tuareg Ladies Remain Top Feminists In The World! / Guys Are The Major Reason Most Ladies Are Still Single- Emusmith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by TessaJ: 8:09am On Apr 15, 2016
DharmyYinks:
Ladies nowadays be looking for already made guys. What they don't knw is that most of these guys don't giv a damn bout y'all because if u leave d guy, other ladies will flock in nd if u don't wanna leave, the guy can dump u for anoda chick.

I knw y'all wanna secure ya future by goin after 'already made guys' but the only future u can truly secure is the one u built with the guy while he was a nobody. Ask TuFace nd Annie.

Bring sumtin to the table... mak ursef valuable such that a guy will be scared to lose u nd not some street rat looking for a shelter in a mansion. U'll definitely die of poison grin
lol....very funny but dats just d truth.
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by holar222(m): 8:11am On Apr 15, 2016
#Gbam#...........Realtalk.com
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Pwhitelaw(m): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2016
Silsilah:
grin grin grin, sorry to interrupt, just passing passing lipsrsealed
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Pwhitelaw(m): 8:28am On Apr 15, 2016
Silsilah:
grin grin grin, sorry to interrupt, just passing passing lipsrsealed
..... shocked
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Silsilah: 8:32am On Apr 15, 2016
Pwhitelaw:
..... shocked
Sorry Sir, I was caught in the cross....
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Pwhitelaw(m): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2016
Silsilah:

Sorry Sir, I was caught in the cross....
... Don't even know if you are a he or she... You are welcome ma/sir
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Great500: 8:44am On Apr 15, 2016
Florblu:
And you actually made sense
It's not our fault
We want comfort and fulfillment
What can you bring to the table..ur here talking bout comfort and fulfillment.
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by holar222(m): 8:47am On Apr 15, 2016
#Gbam#...........Realtalk.com
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Great500: 8:48am On Apr 15, 2016
NobleAngell:
So now what's gonna happen to the already made men? If we don't marry them, who then will? You want them to remain single and die alone? No! That'll be unfair.
You don't marry already made men,they select, choose and then,maybe decide to marry you.
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by dhesmond(m): 8:49am On Apr 15, 2016
Florblu:
It's not our fault
We want comfort and fulfilment
work things out my dear and be independent no man in his right sense will ever want to marry a lady that has nothing to offer him irrespective of his wealth... Rome wasn't build in a day build your world and your dream man will locate you......#staycool
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Silsilah: 9:03am On Apr 15, 2016
Pwhitelaw:
... Don't even know if you are a he or she... You are welcome ma/sir
I'm a He, confirm cool
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Flawlessangel(m): 9:04am On Apr 15, 2016
Xiadnat:
That's right! I am still single because I have high expectations. Not for the man though, but for myself.

I once dated (and engaged) to a doctor who earned over 200k with a beach house, and another tri-level home in a wealthy part of city and who could give me the 'world' with just a smile as he put it.

Guess what? I decided I rather struggle and become my own "doctor". Instead of wearing a t-shirt that says "I married a doctor", I decided to wear "I am a doctor". Damnit.

Now, If I saw a future with him, maybe that would be a different case. But, I did not. But, anyway, I am a girl of different breed--more like the masculine side of me. I did not want to marry until i had something to offer or contribute or at least feel financially and (satisfactorily) ready.

However, it is a different story tho in many parts of the world where women have very little to no other options BUT to seek and marry a wealthy fellow, or at least one with sustainable source of income.

so you aint married yet right?
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Pwhitelaw(m): 9:05am On Apr 15, 2016
Silsilah:

I'm a He, confirm cool
.. Okay sir cool
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 15, 2016
Florblu:
It's not our fault
We want comfort and fulfillment

And what is the true and precise definition for comfort and fulfillment? A lot of our women are too carried away by luxuries at the expense of emotional comfort. If u are to sincerely place ur priority in marriage, what would it be? To have a home (small apartment where happiness, emotional stability, joy and inner fulfilment lives, a place where u always wish u never spend an hour out of it, place where u are celebrated) or a house (a luxury apartment, well pimped and tushed up, so befitting, a kind of paradise without happiness) where u re made to feel like marrying u is doing u and ur family a great deal of favour, relieving ur family of some burden, making u feel like a secondary occupant in such apartment.
Its either here or there, men are not foolish, they are much aware that ladies who never tolerated and exercise patience with them at down time never deserve them at the uptime. If u are a lady that a guy would connect with u only when he's got some money in his account, u need to watch out, something is really wrong. No one on earth can boast of being finacially upright at all time. What happend at such period he was financially down, if he was not around u then, then who was he with? How are u sure u've not painted an impression that u can't cope with a man without cash due to some of ur ungarded utterances in the past? Such man would be with his comforter, a lady whose arms are always waiting to accomodate and accept him in both good and rough time. It often dawn on ladies when they discover that their men rather dump them when he becomes a limelight to settle with one low class lady in marriage. I think our ladies need to have a rethink, the whole wealth in this wide World never buy happiness. And they can't eat their cakes and still have it. My humble contribution please. No offense meant!
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by tbanty1: 9:16am On Apr 15, 2016
NobleAngell:
So now what's gonna happen to the already made men? If we don't marry them, who then will? You want them to remain single and die alone? No! That'll be unfair.
the fact is and wil alwax remain dat.. Those successful men has dier women, dat av in one way or d other contributed to deir achievements in life. But dey wont jst reveal d secret to d incoming ones.. They use dose incoming ones as pepper soups, wen dey re in d mood, but @ d end, dey go 4 deir main women. Try wise up nao, nd follow d rite path. Build ur man by urself, nd certainly he gonna b scared to loose u. Nd anoda secret i wil like reveal to all nairalander babes here is, wen u re buildin ur man, try so hard to build urselves to b a succesful women too. bcox if u failed to yeild, he may later receive advise from sibling, parents nd friends to leave u for anoda succesful woman. Rememba dat, no man love to marry a liability woman.
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by hardbody: 9:20am On Apr 15, 2016
missmalachi:
I concur with u.
I met my hubby as a fresh graduate who just finished serving n applying for job.i ws in my yr 1 then.i always support him wit d little moni my parent gv to me but cant even let my friends knw cos they will laugh at me for givin a man money.

The job that made him who he is today i gave him money to travel to lagos 4 the exam on getting back they called him for interview n no moni to go back i had to lie to my dad n go money again wc i gave him n he got he job wc ws an oil company.

Now the bobo adore me die.wen we play n gist abt d past i jokely tell him i knw him with one shoe n he will reply it ws 3 shoes ooo.

Am glad i started with him.

And you are still miss malachi? Una never marry finish?

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Florblu(f): 9:32am On Apr 15, 2016
And to the unreasonable ones here who mentioned me saying unreasonable things I won't grace your stupidity with my reply but to the reasonable ones I have this for you
I want comfort and fulfilment hence I can't marry someone who aiint gonna give it to me
Getting married to a man who will not enhance my dreams is a No for me
Men are so stereotype in the way they think which makes them believe all ladies are after their wealth just because few of us want comfort and. fulfilment
Where will I get the comfort I craved and I'm working for when I married a man who cannot compliment my hardwork with his?
Where will I get the fulfilment I always want if I get married to a man without focus?
It's time guys and few ladies (who commented with pretence) to have a change of mentality
It is fine and okay when a lady feeds the family including the man of the family,they term the lady as an helpmate but it is wrong when a woman depends absolutely on the man.They call the lady a gold digger or dependent
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by DanielGb(m): 9:48am On Apr 15, 2016
midehi2:
love conquers everything, whether poor or rich grin

See this kid. Am sure you are still single.
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by DanielGb(m): 9:50am On Apr 15, 2016
NobleAngell:

Gold digger. The strong drink u drank never commit for ur eye? Keep Dreaming.
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by DanielGb(m): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2016
@OP: its up to them(the ladies). Most have nothing to contribute.
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by mrkel(m): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2016
diva90:
Very brilliant article! It's unfortunate that many Nigerian women are very lazy and would rather seek for a well to-do/rich man to marry instead of a man they can grow with. They forget that these men who are rich today started from somewhere and that the men who are struggling today may be be even richer than the men they are seeking today. Most of them who sought rich men eventually enter the marriage and don't even have peace of mind... So many examples out there. Truth is bitter but I'll say it....it is best to seek a man who is still coming up and grow with him. Like OP stated, females should try to have their own jobs and be financially independent instead of waiting for a man to do everything for them

Spot on.
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Sharon4u(f): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2016
I have dated a guy who did not have anything,as soon as he got a good job i was on his mercies,he dint pick my call,never invited me to his new apartment, in fact i had to give myslf brain to see the writing on the wall that he's not serious and would never be serious with me,you hang out with a broke guy as soon as he start earnin bigger than you, he treat you like trash,speaking from experience,and am still hurting cause my bfriend is acting up despite he know i love him more than anything in the world in this whole world,like they say"shit happen"
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by nurria(f): 9:59am On Apr 15, 2016
marshalcarter:
Ok..now...they're lookin in the lept direction kwo nd their exfectations are bery bery high faa cheesy

Ma priend...do you get puel in ya syd?? undecided I leabe puel me go pyn kwo dey talk why yarinyas grin single kai mana..haba...je ka sie mana ankali faa grin grin

Aboki
#WeedyGeneration
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by bashydemy(m): 10:08am On Apr 15, 2016
DharmyYinks:
Ladies nowadays be looking for already made guys. What they don't knw is that most of these guys don't giv a damn bout y'all because if u leave d guy, other ladies will flock in nd if u don't wanna leave, the guy can dump u for anoda chick.

I knw y'all wanna secure ya future by goin after 'already made guys' but the only future u can truly secure is the one u built with the guy while he was a nobody. Ask TuFace nd Annie.

Bring sumtin to the table... mak ursef valuable such that a guy will be scared to lose u nd not some street rat looking for a shelter in a mansion. U'll definitely die of poison grin
Mostly ladies admire Tu Face abd Annie and always pray for such, But can they act like Annie? remember She what with Tu Face when the going was rough, And when Tu Face made it lots of ladies run to him and he yansh them wella and later went back to his precious woman.
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by midehi2(f): 10:12am On Apr 15, 2016
DanielGb:

sharaaaap
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by midehi2(f): 10:13am On Apr 15, 2016
DanielGb:

sharaaaap
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by erosimo(m): 10:25am On Apr 15, 2016
NobleAngell:

U no dey hear word
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 15, 2016
HateU2:
We don hear u relatnshp doc.
Tell ur other guys too to stop d mentality that all ladies are 'whores', 'asewos', 'oloshos'. I hate guys with that mentality.

Good girls are still very much out in this world, I just wonder where the 'fvck' they have been going undecided
I wonder too, may be they've been going to the wrong directions. They don't go to places were they will meet responsible and God fearing ladies.

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 15, 2016
sisipelebe:
I wonder too, may be they've been going to the wrong directions. They don't go to places were they will meet responsible and God fearing ladies.
most of dem patronise ashewo's joints so smtyms, I no blame dem.

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Temmy2016(f): 11:07am On Apr 15, 2016
Toks2008:
I honestly can't shake the pity off my mind anytime i see how many ladies wallow in frustration simply because they are still single at very marriageable ages and this is why i decide to drop this thought provoking piece.

The major reason many ladies are still single at very ripe age is HIGH EXPECTATION and below is a simple illustration to explain my point.

As a lady please get this straight;Good potential husbands are everywhere but your spec may not be readily available.An average Nigerian lady wants a cute,rich,caring guy and no matter how hard they try to shrug this off,they keep using this as a yardstick to be with a man but unfortunately 2 out of 10 guys are the specs of 8 out of every 10 ladies so these 8 ladies clamor to be with these 2 men but unfortunately these 2 guys can't marry more than a wife each.

My advice to many ladies is to understand that it is perfectly normal to seek for a "financially ok" guy to marry but no matter how hot you may be, it is easier to get a man to marry you when he is struggling than when he is made.Comfort,wealth and good life is not usually instantaneous but progressive.

Don't be fooled,many expensive wedding ceremony you see are sponsored by the bride or groom's family.As a lady,try your best to get something doing and lets just assume you meet a guy that makes as little as 40k a month and you also make like 40k a month,please start a life together and continue to build your lives together. You can always do an elaborate intro and engagement party and proceed to the registry and when you have money you can do a very big wedding ceremony.

This thread is not for the few ladies who are fortunate to find a rich dude but for countless number of Nigerian ladies who are on the other side of the divide.

Our ladies should Stop indulging in ultimate search contest with many other ladies for a rich guy and Until our ladies learn to look in the right direction,be financially independent,lower their expectation and be ready to build a life with a man without the negative preemptive mindset of what will happen after he becomes rich,i guess there will forever be an increase in aver-aged unmarried ladies.

Just trying to make sense.
nice one..if only we could hear word
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by tbanty1: 11:10am On Apr 15, 2016
Sharon4u:
I have dated a guy who did not have anything,as soon as he got a good job i was on his mercies,he dint pick my call,never invited me to his new apartment, in fact i had to give myslf brain to see the writing on the wall that he's not serious and would never be serious with me,you hang out with a broke guy as soon as he start earnin bigger than you, he treat you like trash,speaking from experience,and am still hurting cause my bfriend is acting up despite he know i love him more than anything in the world in this whole world,like they say"shit happen"
try read my observation up dere. U dont only need to build ur man, but also build urself to b a succesful woman too nd with best altitude included. Nd to b candid babe, such man wil b proud of u nd wont jst love to loose u.. And alwax av it in mind dat no reasonable man wil want to marry a liability and unsuccessful woman, it dosent mean how long or sincere u b with him. if u didnt av focus, dream nd step on d path to make urself succesful too, my dear d man wil loose focus on u.
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by godwinasky: 11:42am On Apr 15, 2016
Xiadnat:
That's right! I am still single because I have high expectations. Not for the man though, but for myself.

I once dated (and engaged) to a doctor who earned over 200k with a beach house, and another tri-level home in a wealthy part of city and who could give me the 'world' with just a smile as he put it.

Guess what? I decided I rather struggle and become my own "doctor". Instead of wearing a t-shirt that says "I married a doctor", I decided to wear "I am a doctor". Damnit.

Now, If I saw a future with him, maybe that would be a different case. But, I did not. But, anyway, I am a girl of different breed--more like the masculine side of me. I did not want to marry until i had something to offer or contribute or at least feel financially and (satisfactorily) ready.

However, it is a different story tho in many parts of the world where women have very little to no other options BUT to seek and marry a wealthy fellow, or at least one with sustainable source of income.

That's right! women are supposed to support their husbands and not depend on then. Even if he is rich, he d appreciate it and respect a wife that tries hard to prove her worth legitimately!

I personally detest "lazy loungers" who use guys (boyfriends or husbands ) as "cashiers". Its really dumb. Gaskya!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Introduces Her New Boyfriend To Her Husband & Boyfriend (pics/video) / Reasons Why Having A Girlfriend Is Good For You . / Why Do Girls Tag All Fair Guys Handsome? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.