Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? (57106 Views)

10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer / How Good Is Flushing The Engine Of Your Car? / 1.5L, 1.8L, 3.0L Engine? What Do They Mean In Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by victorazy(m): 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
Siena:

The 2.4L in this case means the swept volume of the cylinders. In layman's terms, the engine has 4 bores in the block, and 4 pistons that rise and fall, compressing the fuel / air mixture. The space at which this takes place is measured in litres or cubic inches. In this case 2.4 litres.

It is not the engine output in horsepower or kilowatts, although it is linked.

Oga no lecture me cuz I already know all u said.
I just gave the person the output to avoid long explanation.

What is the ratio of gasoline and diesel cylinders respectively (the radius to the length)?

If u get this without browsing it I go respect u grin
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by chccho(m): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
Siena:

There are. Loads too.
Ok
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by Coldfaya(m): 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2016
olabode89:

I don't agree Sir.... when someone copies something from another source
he/she should include the source and reference properly. Plagiarism is an offence!

oh now I see where u coming from. I agree 100%
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by maxzzo1(m): 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
I use an AUDI 90 with 5cylinder and is a 4WD but a salon...one of d odd cars but rear to see...but very powerful..
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by crackhouse(m): 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2016
bigass:
So what does 2.4L means because I didn't see it in the explanation

This is where op copied from

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100706073133AArXK3F
this op should be charged for plagiarism. copycat and he didn't even know whether it's correct or not.
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by edjeodiri(m): 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
Interesting
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by Drilling: 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nice post. So educative. Bravo to u
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by Santi222(m): 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
Exellent...
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by predatorX: 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
Siena:

The first V engine was built by Daimler around 1890.
By 1900 or thereabouts, (I need to go back to my old, moth-eaten books to confirm exact date here) Société Antoinette began mass producing V8 engines.

Going by the names here, none of these manufacturers were Japanese.

The boss has spoken, who am I to misyarn or counter-yarn the boss
Boss! You're right boss!!!
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by predatorX: 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2016
segzicres:
Nice 1. I use a v4 engine; 2.4l when I checked the specs online. Im still shocked cause it's a 2001 nissan altima, looks small but really it moves and it's pushy.
sometimes I consciously have to use my toe to push the accelerator to reduce speed

NLs please wherever you see this dude on wheels be it spinners or whatever, endeavor to put a mile's gap minimum between you two.
I'd wager you he shifts gear with his emergency (hand) brakes and clutches with his wiper controls.
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by predatorX: 11:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
victorazy:

Oga no lecture me cuz I already know all u said.
I just gave the person the output to avoid long explanation.

What is the ratio of gasoline and diesel cylinders respectively (the radius to the length)?

If u get this without browsing it I go respect u grin

E be like say you dey new for nairaland. You're duelling with an autogod. Yea you heard me right, an AUTOgod. We like to tell know-it-alls like you to "watch out for the Zeus with the Blue ink"

Oga Sienna I apologize on his behalf for saying you should not browse to answer his question. The Oracle in his village is too powerful, dem follow am reach Internet sef
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by victorazy(m): 11:59pm On Apr 17, 2016
predatorX:

E be like say you dey new for nairaland. You're duelling with an autogod. Yea you heard me right, an AUTOgod. We like to tell know-it-alls like you to "watch out for the Zeus with the Blue ink"

Oga Sienna I apologize on his behalf for saying you should not browse to answer his question. The Oracle in his village is too powerful, dem follow am reach Internet sef

INFERIORITY COMPLEX

I know Siena very well in Automobile talks, he is a professional but he cannot know it all.

Am not a novis in auto world as I bought my first car when I was 21 and have used more than 6 car for now. I have a broad knowledge about cars and ur free to ask me any quest.

What I asked him was a very simple question concerning Litres in engine "The radio of air and fuel in cylinder (gasoline & diesel engine respectively)"

Answer: gasoline is 1:4 while diesel is 1:8 that's why diesel engine block or cylinder is always taller than gasoline.

I studied this in physics way back in secondary school. Find out and thank me later grin

1 Like

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by segzicres(m): 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2016
predatorX:

NLs please wherever you see this dude on wheels be it spinners or whatever, endeavor to put a mile's gap minimum between you two.
I'd wager you he shifts gear with his emergency (hand) brakes and clutches with his wiper controls.

you don't have all the information. I also use my tongue to flick the cruise control on and off. whip my hair yo start the car. astronaut.

1 Like

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by Philadelphia: 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2016
Siena:

The first V engine was built by Daimler around 1890.
By 1900 or thereabouts, (I need to go back to my old, moth-eaten books to confirm exact date here) Société Antoinette began mass producing V8 engines.

Going by the names here, none of these manufacturers were Japanese.

I've sent you a pm. Please respond as I have something very important to discuss with you. It's about automobile and I need your advice. Thanks.
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
Philadelphia:

I've sent you a pm. Please respond as I have something very important to discuss with you. It's about automobile and I need your advice. Thanks.

PM responded to.
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 18, 2016
Philadelphia:

Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by Philadelphia: 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2016
Siena:

PM responded to.

Thanks
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by predatorX: 8:24am On Apr 24, 2016
segzicres:

you don't have all the information. I also use my tongue to flick the cruise control on and off. whip my hair yo start the car. astronaut.

Eyi ma ga o.
I hail ooo!!
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by tunergy(m): 6:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
Zidane199:
Dats for only V-engine. Your explanation does not work for all engine.

Like which Engine?
Re: What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? by tunergy(m): 6:35pm On Apr 24, 2016
davodyguy:
The op would have referenced the source of his copied post.

The post was copied from yahoo.

That's plagiarism

I guess the OP must have included this in his term paper or thesis abi!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / List Of Cars You Should Buy And Enjoy In Nigeria By Twitter User / The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.