Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,017 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909652 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gabi101(m): 8:21pm On Dec 27, 2016
sawhite:
please be advised, the German embassy does not grant visa for language courses and the only conditional admission that can grant you a visa is student college admission, trust me dont bother paying for language course in Germany, your money will just go with the wind.

thanks for your advice.are you in nigeria presently?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by okezie007(m): 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
sawhite:
Your sponsor needs to make an appointment at the Ausländerbehörde in his city.

They would give he/she a date to come in, as well as the required documents to bring along to verify that he/she is suitable to be your sponsor for your visa. It cost 25€

Once your sponsor has fulfilled all the necessary requirement, he would be issued a document, which is the sponsorship letter, duly stamped. that is the sponsorship letter. He needs to send the copy to your, as the embassy needs to see the original format. You can ask that he/she scans it before sending it via courier, as you would need it for requesting a date for your visa interview.

All what your sponsor needs from you is your full name (as it appears on your passport) date of birth birth and your address here in Nigeria (for the courier).
Quite enlightening.. What about a state government sponsorship. How can it be done?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TheDreamChaser: 9:11pm On Dec 27, 2016
Can anyone help with accommodation in Munich?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
sawhite:
please be advised, the German embassy does not grant visa for language courses and the only conditional admission that can grant you a visa is student college admission, trust me dont bother paying for language course in Germany, your money will just go with the wind.

That is not the only way someone can get visa with conditional admission. Though it takes the grace of God to pull through, but I have seen people rejected at the embassy with that type of admisson; but someone scale through this winter semester with a conditional admission letter from the school stating that she will first learn German for the first 6-8 months before the commencement of the of the program fully. She applied with O'level certificates.Though difficult with only few schools doing such and the need to convince embassy and allien office beyond the reasonable doubt during interview and also in the visa statement of purpose. It is doable with the grace of God. Shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Andyc007: 9:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
honourableseyi:

That is not the only way someone can get visa with conditional admission. Though it takes the grace of God to pull through, but I have seen people rejected at the embassy with that type of admisson; but someone scale through this winter semester with a conditional admission letter from the school stating that she will first learn German for the first 6-8 months before the commencement of the of the program fully. She applied with O'level certificates.Though difficult with only few schools doing such and the need to convince embassy and allien office beyond the reasonable doubt during interview and also in the visa statement of purpose. It is doable with the grace of God. Shalom

Sure! Its definitely possible; but the chances are very slim.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kenkels: 9:34pm On Dec 27, 2016
doubletroublmum:
Hi. The cost of living depends on the place you live. Cities like Berlin, Hamburg, Munich are far more costly than smaller towns.
.. ok.. how is the student job opportunities like , since ones block money tends to go down like the naira due to expensive cost of living in this areas
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnsonnob: 10:20pm On Dec 27, 2016
Good day People, Does anyone know where Goethe is located in Abuja?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2016
Thanks for this detailed info.. I appreciate..
sawhite:
Your sponsor needs to make an appointment at the Ausländerbehörde in his city.

They would give he/she a date to come in, as well as the required documents to bring along to verify that he/she is suitable to be your sponsor for your visa. It cost 25€

Once your sponsor has fulfilled all the necessary requirement, he would be issued a document, which is the sponsorship letter, duly stamped. that is the sponsorship letter. He needs to send the copy to your, as the embassy needs to see the original format. You can ask that he/she scans it before sending it via courier, as you would need it for requesting a date for your visa interview.

All what your sponsor needs from you is your full name (as it appears on your passport) date of birth birth and your address here in Nigeria (for the courier).
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Andyc007: 8:16am On Dec 28, 2016
johnsonnob:
Good day People, Does anyone know where Goethe is located in Abuja?

There is just one in Nigeria; & it is in Lagos Victoria Island.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnsonnob: 11:44am On Dec 28, 2016
Is there anywhere i can learn German in Abuja?? Somebody should help please
Andyc007:

There is just one in Nigeria; & it is in Lagos Victoria Island.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rudyislife: 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
Jossyeno:
Hi everyone, i need your help pls do I need IELTS to study power engineering in TUM, I am a graduate of electrical and electronic engineering with a 4.9/7.0 c.g.p.a and no IELTS. Am I qualified to apply with my c.g.p.a
heard somewhere on this thrend, that letter from ur school,wld do
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by esosa4real(m): 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
Andyc007:

Bro, I will be straight up frank with you. I wouldn't want you to start having rejections with the German embassy.

It definitely has a high rejection rate for us.

Here is another option. Go for an English taught course. When you get there, you can transfer to the course of choice.

This is way safer gambling with your chances.

Bros, I dey try read this this thread for my brother who desires to study in Germany but I am so confused...lol

From the little I gathered here, it seems engineering courses are taught in German? Anyways how does one get admission for an English taught course? My bro has a first class in mech engineering and desires to study something on Automation.

I tried accessing the Daad website but got more confused when I came back to the thread to read about sponsorship, blocka ccount, student applicant visa, English courses e.t.c
I am trying to put everything together.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by prizzy2(m): 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hello everyone, A Freund who is a Pastor here in Nigeria has been transfer to their branch in Deutchland, the invitation from the church in Germany is been received, but the question is: what category of Visum to appy for.

please our Oga in the Haus, your contribution und Vorschlag is welcome!
cc: justwise, futurewise, eke40seven usw.

compliment of the season!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cent24(m): 2:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
Compliment of the season to everyone.

A friend wants to close her block account but she is been told by a friend of her that she needs to book an appointment with the German embassy. The problem here is that she doesn't know how to go about it.

please, house how will she go about it?

Thanks for your expected contributions.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rudyislife: 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2016
esosa4real:

Bros, I dey try read this this thread for my brother who desires to study in Germany but I am so confused...lol

From the little I gathered here, it seems engineering courses are taught in German? Anyways how does one get admission for an English taught course? My bro has a first class in mech engineering and desires to study something on Automation.

I tried accessing the Daad website but got more confused when I came back to the thread to read about sponsorship, blocka ccount, student applicant visa, English courses e.t.c
they are lots of Engineering courses, that are taught in English, go to daad.de,click English on the course language, just try and navigate the site properly.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
With ielts you have a better chance!!!. TUM is a very competitive school and each document you submit increase your total points before qualifying for an interview. I'ld advise you take ielts exam, doesn't take much to do but your choice.

Season greetings everyone from Hamburg wink
Jossyeno:
Hi everyone, i need your help pls do I need IELTS to study power engineering in TUM, I am a graduate of electrical and electronic engineering with a 4.9/7.0 c.g.p.a and no IELTS. Am I qualified to apply with my c.g.p.a
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cent24(m): 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2016
Compliment of the season to everyone.

A friend wants to close her block account but she is been told by a friend of her that she needs to book an appointment with the German embassy. The problem here is that she doesn't know how to go about it.

please, house how will she go about it?

Thanks for your expected contributions.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lakeside2134: 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
Andyc007:

Like I said, I found this out through research.

My take-away from it was that you get a student visa for a valid admission; & a student applicant visa for a conditional one.

Someone on this thread had a problem similar to yours. His studienkollen indicated in his admission letter that he will write an exam in Germany before being admitted fully

The German consulate refused to accept that as an admission letter.

I didn't follow up so I don't know how he went about it.

I am throwing this open to more experienced guys here to shed more light on this situation.

BTW, don't apply to just one uni...spread your tentacles & hope for the best.

Okay thanks,
But how am i supposed to learn up to C2 when the embassy won't allow me to go and do a language course in germany?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lakeside2134: 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
honourableseyi:

My situation is similar to her situation but the school said that I'll do german for my first yearand then I'll cross over to the second year if i pass the DSH exam so i pray the visa would not be a problem

The geothe here only teach up to B2 and that's it so i don't know what they want me to do.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Andyc007: 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lakeside2134:

Okay thanks,
But how am i supposed to learn up to C2 when the embassy won't allow me to go and do a language course in germany?

I believe that when you learn up to goethe's limit, the embassy will look at you favorably.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mavenprosper: 6:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
gabi101:

well thanks.but i will give it a try smiley

Beta give it try bcuz i also gave mine(language course b4 study visa) a try nd it worked 4 me though it by Gods grace oooo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Andyc007: 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
esosa4real:

That's cool. Congrats to your bros. You should not be doing this alone, both of you should do it so he can learn when he will want to do his PhD.

Someone just said there are English masters on daad. I will check when I get to base.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Andyc007: 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
johnsonnob:
Is there anywhere i can learn German in Abuja?? Somebody should help please

Bro I am sure you can find one on Google. I don't mind searching for you but you have to start checking Google for any info you need.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mavenprosper: 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
sawhite:

pls stop discouraging people.....i am a testimony to the fact that the enbassy gives visa 4 language course.
i jxt got my stamped visa on 22/12/2016 and according 2 my aliens iffice, it can be extended to study visa once i present a proof of ability to study after my language course.......Though God waz involved

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by esosa4real(m): 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
Andyc007:

That's cool. Congrats to your bros. You should not be doing this alone, both of you should do it so he can learn when he will want to do his PhD.

Someone just said there are English masters on daad. I will check when I get to base.

Thanks bro, infact I had to show him this post so he can buckle up because nothing comes easy. He is looking up to me because I am a medical doctor and I have won fellowships in the past just by researching online. Anyways thanks for the support.

I am still checking up schools but after that, what are the rate limiting steps? what will determine his admission as well as his visa? Hoping that he gets admission, what would be the main factor that will determine his visa? 9and what type of visa would it be? because I see here some people get visas and return to reapply ---I didn't get that at all)

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Andyc007: 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
mavenprosper:

pls stop discouraging people.....i am a testimony to the fact that the enbassy gives visa 4 language course.
i jxt got my stamped visa on 22/12/2016 and according 2 my aliens iffice, it can be extended to study visa once i present a proof of ability to study after my language course.......Though God waz involved

Congrats. We are aware that such is possible; however the chances are slim....just like you acknowledged "God was involved".
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mavenprosper: 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
mavenprosper:

for information sake, i got language course visa from A1 to C1 at goethe institut in deutschland but na ur money kill am ooooo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gabi101(m): 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
mavenprosper:

for information sake, i got language course visa from A1 to C1 at goethe institut in deutschland but na ur money kill am ooooo

can you tell me some of the questions you were asked during your interview and can you give more insights on ''na ur money kill am'' smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.