Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204273 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ome240: 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
Esty4eva:
@ All successful ones please help me clarify the below, For transcript Vetassess requires that the school should send it in an enclosed envelope directly to them which i have applied for in my school, and also for visa 189 application one of their requirements is that one should up load transcript during online application, please how can i do that as the school will send directly to them, should i request for another copy of transcript from my school, or beg my school to email me the copy that will be sent to Vetassess so that i can use it

Again, must it be my degree certificate though i have applied for it but my school said it will take time to come out but i have my statement of result, i graduated 2006 will vetasses accept my degree statement of result?

Don't bother so much about your degree certificate nor Statement of Result. YOUR TRANSCRIPT WILL SUFFICE.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2016
ome240:

Good one bro. Though not as you expected. I consider this a very good try.

Well, you know why we need that 8.0!!! So, there's no such thing as good score when I've to repeat. And no such thing as good try when I've to pay the cost of attempting again in this Buhari economy, hahaa. Subclass 190 is not an option for me oh, lol. 8.0 is achievable, I know what caused my low score. My Essay 2 was about 220 which was less than 250. I realised this after concluding and with 5mins left, I got nervous. The speaking was my worst testing experience, I was let down by my lack of manners; the interviewer scolded me for not knocking the door before entering, she stressed on it and conducted the test with an indifferent tone and gesture; again, that got me nervous, and that's why I wanted to change test, lol.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
Can anyone help on this?

OlalekanKad:
Hello Everyone,

I need some clarifications here and I would appreciate if someone can help shed more light on it.

I just got a BEng Honors degree (2016) from a UK university and I want to fire that on Washington Accord Pathway for Engineers Australia for the Skill Assessment, but I don't know if I can also claim point for my 5yrs experience (before obtaining my degree) working as a Mechanical Engineer in my current organization with my HND gotten here in Nigeria since 2010.

Anyone who has an idea should please advise as I don't want to waste any money for trying to claim point they won't give.

I know they can't deny me the 15 point for recognized education but the work experience is something am not sure of. I know another option is getting band 8 for the IETLS but If I can claim the years of experience then I would have to fire on with my band 7.

Please advise...anyoneeeeeee

Cheers!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ome240: 1:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

Well, you know why we need that 8.0!!! So, there's no such thing as good score when I've to repeat. And no such thing as good try when I've to pay the cost of attempting again in this Buhari economy, hahaa. Subclass 190 is not an option for me oh, lol. 8.0 is achievable, I know what caused my low score. My Essay 2 was about 220 which was less than 250. I realised this after concluding and with 5mins left, I got nervous. The speaking was my worst testing experience, I was let down by my lack of manners; the interviewer scolded me for not knocking the door before entering, she stressed on it and conducted the test with an indifferent tone and gesture; again, that got me nervous, and that's why I wanted to change test, lol.

Go for it. That's the spirit.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Olisedinma: 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
Please I will like to know if transcript from a professional body (ICAN) can suffice instead of transcript from a university. Has anyone in the house used such?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Esty4eva: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
@Ome240 Thank you so much keep doing the good work
ome240:

Don't bother so much about your degree certificate nor Statement of Result. YOUR TRANSCRIPT WILL SUFFICE.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Esty4eva: 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
Thank you for your response
ome240:

Hi Esty,
Not too sure what your school's process is like. In my case, I asked the school to endorse a student copy for me. That's what I've used since then. So I reckon you ask your school for a copy.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eyejayaz(f): 3:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
bellong:

Include your husband in your application. Life will become easier for him.

@Olisedinma,

If you have read the occupation list, you would have seen internal and External auditor on the list.

Thanks alot bellong.God bless you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Freece: 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hello house,am new to this thread,I have read through but still have this bone,so kindly indulge me if my enquiries seem dumb. My best friend is a chartered accountant here in Nigerian. She had her B.sc in 2003 and has been working as an internal auditor with a multinational firm after nysc in 2005 but became chartered in 2010. Question 1. She wants to be assessed by vetasses,do u think she will claim points for the full years worked?
Question 2. Will her 65 points get her a visa 189 given she's in the accounting circle(internal audit).
Question 3. Outside asking your bank to increase your daily limit,how else can someone pay for the vetassess fee for evaluation?
Cc:belong and other guru,kindly assist.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 5:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
KIKIADE:
Sir,
I am still not clear with your response, If I do the test again and get 10 points, it is not reasonable to go for subclass 190 again. i will rather opt for 189,making 190 useless.

Then do it again and opt for 189. Whatever it is, 489 should be your last option.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
Freece:
Hello house,am new to this thread,I have read through but still have this bone,so kindly indulge me if my enquiries seem dumb. My best friend is a chartered accountant here in Nigerian. She had her B.sc in 2003 and has been working as an internal auditor with a multinational firm after nysc in 2005 but became chartered in 2010. Question 1. She wants to be assessed by vetasses,do u think she will claim points for the full years worked?
Question 2. Will her 65 points get her a visa 189 given she's in the accounting circle(internal audit).
Question 3. Outside asking your bank to increase your daily limit,how else can someone pay for the vetassess fee for evaluation?
Cc:belong and other guru,kindly assist.

1. It depends. If her Bachelor degree is found equal to an Australian degree, then she can claim points from 2005. But if she needs her ICAN to boost her BSc, then she can only claim points from 2010.

2. 65 points is competitive enough. If she is in doubt, NSW is sponsoring for 190 as well. But she should be fine for 189/65pts.

3. Being a Naija applicant, I doubt any other method will be available for her to use. You can email VETASSESS or check their website for mode of payment. I doubt they would accept a money order or cheque from Naija tho.

Which uni is her BSc from?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2016
Olisedinma:
Please I'm inquiring as regards assessing bodies

I want to use my ICAN qualification to be assessed under General Aacounting

But my job experience has been majorly Audit (both external and internal )

Please what do u advise. Is it ok to use my ICAN qualification and is it ok to be assessed under General Account despite my job experience ?

Thanks for the response. I know internal audit and external audit are available. But I would prefer to be assessed for general accounting. My question is this , is it ok to be assessed under general accounting despite my work experience as an auditor?

Thanks for attending to my question

The way Accountant assessments go is, your qualification and employment are assessed seperately. So you can obtain a qualifications assessment only, and forget about getting a skilled employment assessment, as long as you have the compulsory units for Accountants on your transcript.

However, if you intend claiming points for work experience, then you work experience needs to be relevant to your nominated occupation. So you can't claim points under Accountant, based on Internal Auditor work experience.

Best is for you to assess as an I/E Auditor, and assess your skilled work experience to claim points.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
Esty4eva:
@ All successful ones please help me clarify the below, For transcript Vetassess requires that the school should send it in an enclosed envelope directly to them which i have applied for in my school, and also for visa 189 application one of their requirements is that one should up load transcript during online application, please how can i do that as the school will send directly to them, should i request for another copy of transcript from my school, or beg my school to email me the copy that will be sent to Vetassess so that i can use it

Again, must it be my degree certificate though i have applied for it but my school said it will take time to come out but i have my statement of result, i graduated 2006 will vetasses accept my degree statement of result?

If your school is refusing to email you a copy, you can ask vetassess to email you a copy. This is after you have received your assessment outcome though.

Yes, you can use a statement of result or letter of attainment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Esty4eva: 5:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
Thank you OmogeNG
OmogeNG:

If your school is refusing to email you a copy, you can ask vetassess to email you a copy. This is after you have received your assessment outcome though.

Yes, you can use a statement of result or letter of attainment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2016
uzziii:

Thanks for your reply. Please i want to find out if any person with only a nigerian 1st and may be 2nd degree has gotten a positive assessment. As my husband and i have only nigerian degrees in Architecture and most people in this forum that has got a positve assessment all have foreign degrees attached to their nigerian degree.
Thanks for your response.

Someone on the previous version of this thread, got assessed positively based on his Nigerian degree in Architecture. Loads of others have used their basic BSc to obtain a positive assessment.

That aside, not all Nigerian degrees are assessed positively. But i can almost guarantee that 5yr degrees from any uni, and 4yr degrees from Federal unis and a few state unis, qualify. E.g Someone from IMSU got a negative assessment, while someone from OAU got a positive assessment...both 4yr courses...same assessing body.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Freece: 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
OmogeNG:

1. It depends. If her Bachelor degree is found equal to an Australian degree, then she can claim points from 2005. But if she needs her ICAN to boost her BSc, then she can only claim points from 2010.

2. 65 points is competitive enough. If she is in doubt, NSW is sponsoring for 190 as well. But she should be fine for 189/65pts.

3. Being a Naija applicant, I doubt any other method will be available for her to use. You can email VETASSESS or check their website for mode of payment. I doubt they would accept a money order or cheque from Naija tho.

Which uni is her BSc from?

@omogeNg

Her B.Sc is in accounting from Madonna University.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cynthized(f): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
Thanks to all the gurus in the house, who answers all our questions. I have a degree in Business management from UNN, do i stil get a chance to have a positive accessment as Management accountant from ICAA or IPA
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 2:15am On Jul 15, 2016
Freece:

@omogeNg

Her B.Sc is in accounting from Madonna University.

She will most likely need her ICAN....but I could be wrong tho.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 2:17am On Jul 15, 2016
Cynthized:
Thanks to all the gurus in the house, who answers all our questions. I have a degree in Business management from UNN, do i stil get a chance to have a positive accessment as Management accountant from ICAA or IPA

Check their website for the core courses you shoulf have done and have listed on your transcript. UNN is highly regarded tho, it is just a matter of course content and if it matches IPA's requirement.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 3:53am On Jul 15, 2016
Ok thanks for the info.
catchdwind4rmkd:

Chris Enuke and Associates in Port Harcourt.
Their contact details is all over Nairaland.com
I called them
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 7:46am On Jul 15, 2016
Good morning All, pls I need assistance on payment for the visa application fees, as the amt involved is much higher than bank limits permit. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 7:50am On Jul 15, 2016
Good morning Humanshado. Pls How r u paying for d visa fees.
humanshado:
Hi All. I got an invite on 6th July, 2016 for skilled Independent 189. I'm now preparing documents for lodging my application and I need some clarifications.

1) Do I need to certify/notarise the documents before upload?

2) Are there specific lawyers appointed by Australian Immigration for notarising documents in Nigeria or any notary public can do?

Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2016
ome240:
Hello everyone. Share in my joy. Received Visa 189 Grant Notification today. My timeline goes thus;
IELTS 20.02.2016: R 7, W 7, L 7, S 8.5
Skill Assessment AMSA Applied: 25.05.2016
Positive Assessment AMSA: 03.06.3016
EOI Lodged 189/190 in one: 06.06.2016
Invitation to apply from Skillselect: 08.06.2016
Lodged application Visa 189: 10.06.2016
Documents and Medicals completed: 27.06.2016
Case Officer Contact: NO CASE OFFICER
DIRECT GRANT RECEIVED for me, wify and 2 kids 11.07.2016
Almighty Jehovah did it for me. He'll do it for you too. Keep pushing and trusting God.
I appreciate the efforts of Chairman Bellong, catchdwind, chuckdee and every other person who relentlessly answers questions on this forum. Keep the positive mental attitude. All things are possible in Jesus Name.
I tap into your blessing.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ideababa: 8:39am On Jul 15, 2016
Good morning bosses in the house,oga belong and co. pls I just came across this thread and so happy and believe to get my issues solved here, I am a Gambian but here in Nigeria ,I only have ssce and am currently working in a law firm as a clerk.pls what is my chance or how can I apply to work in Australia as I love to go there.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:54am On Jul 15, 2016
silentdude:

wish you good success on your next try... please can you help me with your practice material for writing:
thanks

Hello thanks for your wish.
Most of the materials I used were online resources, and @Belong posted a link "ieltsbuddy" on this forum which was also helpful. I also used the official free practice materials from British council (also online) called "ROAD TO IELTS" in addition to other bits and pieces to improve my spelling and vocabulary. I have sent you a download link as well. You can pls modify your post and remove your email address from this public forum. Best wishes
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Freece: 9:37am On Jul 15, 2016

OmogeNG:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Freece: 9:42am On Jul 15, 2016

OmogeNG:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 10:33am On Jul 15, 2016
Open a dorm account and apply for dollar MasterCard. It takes 7 working days. You will then buy dollar from black market to fund it.

sammywemmy:
Good morning All, pls I need assistance on payment for the visa application fees, as the amt involved is much higher than bank limits permit. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.