Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206906 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Schelube(m): 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2016
chymadi:

Hi Schelube, thanks for the info. My estimate shows that the payment was done at a good exchange rate at 1AUD = NGN259.52. Is the exchange rate for the UBA Visa Africard is close to the CBN rate for web payments?
I have no idea but atleast it solved my problem of trying to submit for MSA since 27th June when it was still AUD900.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 12:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hello All,

I have been following this thread silently and getting load of information from here. Great work you guys are doing, God will reward you.

I have a similar but different case. I only have a B.Sc in Wood Products Engineering from university of Ibadan and wish to nominate Agricultural Engineer Professional. I can only claim 6 month Industrial Training Experience and 1 year NYSC ( even this was actually teaching but we will know how to "arrange it" ) as my relevant work experinence

As you have mention "As long as you have a degree in Engineering, it usually does'nt matter what field of Engineering you nominated provided that you can prove to EA that you have relevant work experience in that field", I would like to ask if it is worth risking 750 AUD ( + 275 for the optional fast track) to apply for an assessment with Engineer Australia since my degree in not in the field of Agricultural Engineering.

I have experience in Information Technology but this field is highly competitive and may lead to a very long wait without guaranty of ever getting and invitation to apply. From my own calculation I can only get 60 from if I nominate computer network Engineer as ACS will use my experience to assess my skill since my degree is not related to the nominated occupation.

Please help. Thank you

cc: Bellong , chukdee13, etc

humanshado:
To support what @Bellong has mentioned. It is highly advisable to assess both your educational qualification and relevant work experience for the following reasons.

1) If you plan to practice as an Engineer you have to belong to EA and your assessment will serve as the starting point for stage 1.
2) It validates your foreign degree that gives comfort to employers in Australia.
3) Assessing your relevant work experience makes it easier for Australian Immigration to process your application and hence makes it faster. 99.99% of the time, Australian Immigration accepts EA's number of years for work experience. This saves you the trouble of unnecessary work validation process during visa processing.

When I initially applied to EA for assessment, I applied under Washington Accord for my MSc from UK. EA told me that my MSc was not enough to be considered under Washington Accord since my BEng was not from the UK. I had to assess my BEng through CDR and use the MSc as continuing professional development. Therefore I had to re-apply under CDR + Relevant Work Experience Assessment. That going back and forth wasted some precious time and I feel I should share it with you to avoid it. I also advise you to use fast track option if you can afford the addtional AUD275. It is worth it - trust me.

Please note that when submitting your application to EA, you have to nominate an occupation that you will be assessed on since it is CDR. As long as you have a degree in Engineering, it usually does'nt matter what field of Engineering you nominated provided that you can prove to EA that you have relevant work experience in that field. In writing my CDR, I used my MSc thesis and the other two from the work I did in the profession I nominated. Use professional Engineer as @Bellong mentioned.

Good luck!

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 19, 2016
chymadi:

Hi Schelube, thanks for the info. My estimate shows that the payment was done at a good exchange rate at 1AUD = NGN259.52. Is the exchange rate for the UBA Visa Africard is close to the CBN rate for web payments?

Wow, it's quite expensive. Stanbic IBTC charges NGN230/1aud... However, I can't ascertain if the bank has above $1000 monthly spending limit.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by uckennety(m): 1:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
bellong:

Do you have any qualifications in the construction work aside experience?
No nowww you know how brick layer job is in nigeria!but I v certificates to show am a primary school teacher but I don't teach cuz it's not lucrative!pls can I v ur contact can't talk much Heree
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Olisedinma: 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2016
This is where my headache lies now,payments. When did u make your payment and how did u go about making it with stanbic IBTC?

deleyi20:

Wow, it's quite expensive. Stanbic IBTC charges NGN230/1aud... However, I can't ascertain if the bank has above $1000 monthly spending limit.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joyuzo(f): 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2016
joyuzo:
Thanks Bro for the Reply...Well Understood Now, this is because my hubby and his close friend arguing on the same matter. I Appreciate.
@tyosho...pls pardon my question but stil on the finance as regards the visa fee. Where can I get the visa fee info for a family of 5. I,hubby and 3 kids but below 18yrs. I know of the skill assessment fee. I'm a Nursing Mother at the moment and out of work but got about 3yrs work experience.
cc:@bellong, ome240, other gurus. Thanks
Please do give me a reply and thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
Olisedinma:
This is where my headache lies now,payments. When did u make your payment and how did u go about making it with stanbic IBTC?

Right now, you will have to find out the monthly Spending limits of Stanbic IBTC.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by funkyjo: 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
@deleyi20..pls did you just say N230/1 AUD??!! Asked gtb just now and their rate is N262/1AUD. Please is this today's rate? Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
funkyjo:
@deleyi20..pls did you just say N230/1 AUD??!! Asked gtb just now and their rate is N262/1AUD. Please is this today's rate? Thanks

This rate is Today's rate... IBTC is the cheapest so far. Avoid GTB and First Bank cheesy cheesy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
Yes its N230 per dollar but daily limit is US$500 and monthly is US$1500. The most important is daily not monthly.
deleyi20:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2016
GTB is high yes but one can't really avoid them cos they have a high daily spending limit.
deleyi20:

This rate is Today's rate... IBTC is the cheapest so far. Avoid GTB and First Bank cheesy cheesy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2016
Azy123

First of all,I stand to be corrected,u can't get a positive assessment in an occupation u have no degree in with just work experience except that work experience is up to 5years and even so its still the sole decision of the assessing body in question.

Secondly,I don't know much about wood products engineering but if u feel it rhymes with the tasks of an agricultural engineer then u might be on the right track. To be on the safe side,send EA an email tabling this out n ask if u can nominate agricultural engineering. Though I know they'll still say that ur transcript will speak for u,so if u can compare what u did in sch to what agric engineers do n u see about 60% similarities then u might also be on the right track. Above all,do ur homework and get ur facts right before u do anything.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jer29v11: 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
chuckdee13:
Azy123

First of all,I stand to be corrected,u can't get a positive assessment in an occupation u have no degree in with just work experience except that work experience is up to 5years and even so its still the sole decision of the assessing body in question.

Secondly,I don't know much about wood products engineering but if u feel it rhymes with the tasks of an agricultural engineer then u might be on the right track. To be on the safe side,send EA an email tabling this out n ask if u can nominate agricultural engineering. Though I know they'll still say that ur transcript will speak for u,so if u can compare what u did in sch to what agric engineers do n u see about 60% similarities then u might also be on the right track. Above all,do ur homework and get ur facts right before u do anything.

Chuckdee13, I have a few questions based on your comment. My BSc (electrical engineering) & MSc (Industrial environmental mgt) are not in anyway related and I have no work experience with my BSc. I have nominated an occupation (industrial engineer) which is closely related to what I do in my current employment (I have been in employment for over 4 years). Do you think I can get a positive assessment from EA if my CDR including CPD and Career Episodes are based entirely on work experience in my current role, and have nothing to do with electrical engineering?

I had thought I could go ahead with writing my CDR with my work experience ONLY. I assume as long as I have a BSc in engineering, I can base my CDR on any work experience closely related to the occupation I nominated. This is quite confusing I must say.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by edeghonghon(f): 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hello pals!

I hold a Bsc degree in Civil Engineering. Kindly enlighten me on how to start the application process for Engineer Australia PR Visa.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 10:53pm On Jul 19, 2016
Jer29v11

I still stand to be corrected. Since u have more than 4years work exp in the tasks required of an industrial engineer (according to u) then I guess ur good to go nominating that. But unless u really need the points u will claim from work exp,I'll advise u nominate ur 1st degree to make things easier. Just like it has been said here time without number,u don't need work exp to assess with EA. U can use related ITs and projects done during ur study. All these can be used comfortably. But the choice is solely urs.

Note u can't just say u have an engineering degree and so u can nominate any engineering profession,it doesn't work that way because they usually scrutinize ur transcript and expect u should have done certain courses. This is what a certain number (I honestly don't know how many exactly) of work exp years can cover for.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2016
I humbly request that u read the first page of this thread...all rookie questions r answered there smiley
edeghonghon:
Hello pals!

I hold a Bsc degree in Civil Engineering. Kindly enlighten me on how to start the application process for Engineer Australia PR Visa.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by badenugba: 11:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
chuckdee13:
Yes its N230 per dollar but daily limit is US$500 and monthly is US$1500. The most important is daily not monthly.
I think I need clarification on this . I want to pay my visa fee for subclass 476, what kind of card do I need to get from Stannic IBTC for me to be able to pay at this rate ...
I have a USD account that has a Master Card, but I don't wanna buy us dollar from aboki at 360. I want to pay with Naira that will be charged at 230 to AUD...
Explanation please......
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 6:48am On Jul 20, 2016
http://skillselect.govspace.gov.au/2016/07/20/invitations-for-pro-rata-occupations-in-the-20-july-2016-round/.

Due to technical issues, no invitations were issued for occupations subject to pro rata arrangements in the 20 July 2016 invitation round.  Normal pro rata arrangements will resume from the first invitation round of August 2016.

Meaning Accountants and some ICT professions were not sent invites.
This people no go kill person.This also means more backlog of 75pointers that will naturally be ahead of everyone else.
NSW says they will begin invitations July ending and I hope that's this week.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ENGRJCJ(m): 7:00am On Jul 20, 2016
malkinburg:

Its quite possible. My friend whom we came in together on 573 in Feb 2015 got his pr in 11months. He was doing masters in UWS Sydney. I am also enroute. My original certificate delayed my ENgineers Australia assesment since I think have it on me. But in my honest opinion its best you just concentrate and come in here one time on PR. Makes life easy. Its not easy to joggle school/work stress with ielts and pr waka.

Plan well.
Bro I need ur help seriously, I studied chemical engineering and I intend to write my career episode. I'm in brisbane already but I came here through study route...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jer29v11: 8:35am On Jul 20, 2016
chuckdee13:
Jer29v11

I still stand to be corrected. Since u have more than 4years work exp in the tasks required of an industrial engineer (according to u) then I guess ur good to go nominating that. But unless u really need the points u will claim from work exp,I'll advise u nominate ur 1st degree to make things easier. Just like it has been said here time without number,u don't need work exp to assess with EA. U can use related ITs and projects done during ur study. All these can be used comfortably. But the choice is solely urs.

Note u can't just say u have an engineering degree and so u can nominate any engineering profession,it doesn't work that way because they usually scrutinize ur transcript and expect u should have done certain courses. This is what a certain number (I honestly don't know how many exactly) of work exp years can cover for.

Thanks for your response. If indeed this is the case, it is certainly a game changer for me then - and probably not a very good one. My reasons are (1) Writing a career episode using my BSc engineering degree alone will be tough. If I eventually manage to write the career episode based on my project and Industrail attachment (IT) experience, I do not have documentary evidence of my IT employment (I doubt the company still exists). (2) Yes, I need to claim points for my work experience, except I get the maximum points from IELTS which will then give me the exact 60 points required.

I think I would send EA an email outlining these concerns. But in the meantime, what do you suggest I do?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 9:07am On Jul 20, 2016
It depends on how much the fee ur paying is. I just told u what their current limits r,so if ur fee is within that range then ur good to go. if its not then u cant use stanbic. Unfortunately, thats the way it is man.
badenugba:

I think I need clarification on this . I want to pay my visa fee for subclass 476, what kind of card do I need to get from Stannic IBTC for me to be able to pay at this rate ...
I have a USD account that has a Master Card, but I don't wanna buy us dollar from aboki at 360. I want to pay with Naira that will be charged at 230 to AUD...
Explanation please......
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 9:17am On Jul 20, 2016
In mine I didn't submit documentary evidence for one of my ITs, n it wasn't a problem. As for u needing the points from work experience I'll say u should then go for the industrial engineering since u have more than 4 years exp there. Just contact EA to be doubly sure cos I'm not so sure about it.
Jer29v11:

Thanks for your response. If indeed this is the case, it is certainly a game changer for me then - and probably not a very good one. My reasons are (1) Writing a career episode using my BSc engineering degree alone will be tough. If I eventually manage to write the career episode based on my project and Industrail attachment (IT) experience, I do not have documentary evidence of my IT employment (I doubt the company still exists). (2) Yes, I need to claim points for my work experience, except I get the maximum points from IELTS which will then give me the exact 60 points required.

I think I would send EA an email outlining these concerns. But in the meantime, what do you suggest I do?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by badenugba: 10:44am On Jul 20, 2016
chuckdee13:
It depends on how much the fee ur paying is. I just told u what their current limits r,so if ur fee is within that range then ur good to go. if its not then u cant use stanbic. Unfortunately, thats the way it is man.
Hello bro it's within that range, I want to pay 360 dollars.
Do I need to open a current account with Stannic or is it a visa Card like that of UBA the requires no account ...
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 11:24am On Jul 20, 2016
U just need a normal account, savings will suffice. Its a normal naira debit mastercard. Go to the nearest branch and get started.
badenugba:

Hello bro it's within that range, I want to pay 360 dollars.
Do I need to open a current account with Stannic or is it a visa Card like that of UBA the requires no account ...
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by badenugba: 11:35am On Jul 20, 2016
chuckdee13:
U just need a normal account, savings will suffice. Its a normal naira debit mastercard. Go to the nearest branch and get started.
Thanks for the information, it will really help
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 11:58am On Jul 20, 2016
Please, is there any nurse in the house who had tried this stuff, I need somebody to work with

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ayinka4life: 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hi all , would like to know what is the hope for Engineering Technologist am planning to submit my EOI with 60 points on 30th of July 2016
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by uckennety(m): 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
Please wat qualification does a secondary school teacher need to apply for an EOI pls advice because am a mass comm graduate don't know if I fit in into d system pls advice @bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy1223: 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2016
@Jer29v11. if I am in shoe i would rather go for the electrical engineering option even if I have to do english test 2 or 3 times to get the maximum points. with electrical Engr. and 60 points u get invitation to apply fast compare Industrial which is in a more competitive group going by the last FY result.

For the CDR people have been commenting here that they used their Industrial Training, and Projects for Career Episode. check online for samples to guide you. seek out a good final year student if you feel that it is such a long time and you don't have time to revise. Just my thoughts.

@Chukdee13. In my own case I already contacted them please see the mail I recieved from dem below. some part removed becasue i dont want them to ban this username again.

Jer29v11:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy1223: 4:08pm On Jul 20, 2016
@chekdee13 etc

This is the reply I got from them

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

As the assessing body, EA is unable to offer guidance on which occupation should be nominated.
The most important thing to remember when choosing a category is that you are able to demonstrate your knowledge in that area of Engineering, therefore it is important this is chosen by you.

Please click below, type your desired discipline into the search bar, this will bring up the definition of the occupation as well as the criteria of what we look for. You can use this as a guide when deciding which category to nominate.

The title of your degree does not need to match but you must have the foundations subjects of Engineering and please note that Agricultural Engineering in Australia may not be the same as overseas. Please see the links above.

Kind regards,

Nadia

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.