Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207089 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:14am On Jul 17, 2016
Jer29v11,

1. Yes

2. Apply for the industrial engineer occupation since you said it is what you have been doing. Leave the classification for EA to do.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jer29v11: 9:25am On Jul 17, 2016
bellong:
Jer29v11,

1. Yes

2. Apply for the industrial engineer occupation since you said it is what you have been doing. Leave the classification for EA to do.

Thanks For clarifying this Bellong. On your response to point (2), how then will unknown what summary statement I should download and fill out? Apologies if it seems I am going round in circles.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:32am On Jul 17, 2016
Jer29v11:

Thanks For clarifying this Bellong. On your response to point (2), how then will unknown what summary statement I should download and fill out? Apologies if it seems I am going round in circles.

Professional Engineer...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jer29v11: 9:48am On Jul 17, 2016
bellong:

Professional Engineer...

Great! Thanks a lot Bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joyuzo(f): 11:10am On Jul 17, 2016
tyosho:

No need for POF if gunning for the 189 visa.
You only need proof of funds if going for 190 and even at that not all states demand it.Some states require it,some don't.
It nothing to be worried about unless you're sure you skill is sponsored by a state that requires POF
Thanks Bro for the Reply...Well Understood Now, this is because my hubby and his close friend arguing on the same matter. I Appreciate.
@tyosho...pls pardon my question but stil on the finance as regards the visa fee. Where can I get the visa fee info for a family of 5. I,hubby and 3 kids but below 18yrs. I know of the skill assessment fee. I'm a Nursing Mother at the moment and out of work but got about 3yrs work experience.
cc:@bellong, ome240, other gurus. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by humanshado: 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
To support what @Bellong has mentioned. It is highly advisable to assess both your educational qualification and relevant work experience for the following reasons.

1) If you plan to practice as an Engineer you have to belong to EA and your assessment will serve as the starting point for stage 1.
2) It validates your foreign degree that gives comfort to employers in Australia.
3) Assessing your relevant work experience makes it easier for Australian Immigration to process your application and hence makes it faster. 99.99% of the time, Australian Immigration accepts EA's number of years for work experience. This saves you the trouble of unnecessary work validation process during visa processing.

When I initially applied to EA for assessment, I applied under Washington Accord for my MSc from UK. EA told me that my MSc was not enough to be considered under Washington Accord since my BEng was not from the UK. I had to assess my BEng through CDR and use the MSc as continuing professional development. Therefore I had to re-apply under CDR + Relevant Work Experience Assessment. That going back and forth wasted some precious time and I feel I should share it with you to avoid it. I also advise you to use fast track option if you can afford the addtional AUD275. It is worth it - trust me.

Please note that when submitting your application to EA, you have to nominate an occupation that you will be assessed on since it is CDR. As long as you have a degree in Engineering, it usually does'nt matter what field of Engineering you nominated provided that you can prove to EA that you have relevant work experience in that field. In writing my CDR, I used my MSc thesis and the other two from the work I did in the profession I nominated. Use professional Engineer as @Bellong mentioned.

Good luck!

Jer29v11:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
uzziii:

For a better understanding on occupational ceiling please visit this link http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil/22-june-2016-round-results. Thank you.

You maa for patiently read that link before referring me to it.
A new financial year just started 1st July 2016 and the first selection round took place on 7th July.The second for this financial year will be happening this coming Wednesday.
The accountant ceiling for this FY is 2500.That for auditors is about 1400.For accountants they have invited just over 100 and for auditors,there's no info from dibp yet.
Out of the over 100 accountants invited,none was a 65pointer.Only 75pointers and 70pointers.The last 65pointer invited submitted Oct last year.The last 70pointer invited submitted May 30th.
I would advice that anyone with less than 70points as accountant or auditor should humbly fill another EOI for state sponsorship.
Or else you're in for a pretty long wait.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jer29v11: 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
humanshado:
To support what @Bellong has mentioned. It is highly advisable to assess both your educational qualification and relevant work experience for the following reasons.

1) If you plan to practice as an Engineer you have to belong to EA and your assessment will serve as the starting point for stage 1.
2) It validates your foreign degree that gives comfort to employers in Australia.
3) Assessing your relevant work experience makes it easier for Australian Immigration to process your application and hence makes it faster. 99.99% of the time, Australian Immigration accepts EA's number of years for work experience. This saves you the trouble of unnecessary work validation process during visa processing.

When I initially applied to EA for assessment, I applied under Washington Accord for my MSc from UK. EA told me that my MSc was not enough to be considered under Washington Accord since my BEng was not from the UK. I had to assess my BEng through CDR and use the MSc as continuing professional development. Therefore I had to re-apply under CDR + Relevant Work Experience Assessment. That going back and forth wasted some precious time and I feel I should share it with you to avoid it. I also advise you to use fast track option if you can afford the addtional AUD275. It is worth it - trust me.

Please note that when submitting your application to EA, you have to nominate an occupation that you will be assessed on since it is CDR. As long as you have a degree in Engineering, it usually does'nt matter what field of Engineering you nominated provided that you can prove to EA that you have relevant work experience in that field. In writing my CDR, I used my MSc thesis and the other two from the work I did in the profession I nominated. Use professional Engineer as @Bellong mentioned.

Good luck!

Thank you so much Humanshado...you have really taken out time to explain the steps. I truly appreciate your help.

As adviced, I will use the Fast Track method. Honestly, it wasn't even an option till I read your comments.

To write my CDR, I will use my MSc dissertation as one example and the other two will be based on projects I have worked on that relate to the profession I nominated.

Thanks again!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:32am On Jul 18, 2016
@tyosho,

How far?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 7:55am On Jul 18, 2016
Jer29v11

In addition to what bellong and humanshado have said, pls go to www.anzscosearch.com and study the tasks required for the engineering profession ur nominating and make sure ur career episodes are in line with them and if assessing work experience, same thing applies. This is to avoid getting an engineering technologist outcome.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jer29v11: 9:32am On Jul 18, 2016
chuckdee13:
Jer29v11

In addition to what bellong and humanshado have said, pls go to www.anzscosearch.com and study the tasks required for the engineering profession ur nominating and make sure ur career episodes are in line with them and if assessing work experience, same thing applies. This is to avoid getting an engineering technologist outcome.

Thanks for reiterating this Chuckdee13.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chymadi: 11:46am On Jul 18, 2016
Hello house,has anyone successfully paid for the Engineers Australia Assessment using form A at any of the commercial banks? If so, I would like to know the process and the bank please. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 18, 2016
@bellong,

Please i want to apply for assessment of certificate at ACS for subclass of 189,but i only find subclass of 485

please how will go about the assessment for 189.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
opaniyi12:
@bellong,

Please i want to apply for assessment of certificate at ACS for subclass of 189,but i only find subclass of 485

please how will go about the assessment for 189.

I don't understand what you mean.

However, for all assessment, read the ACS website for instructions and requirements
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2016
bellong:
@tyosho,

How far?

On it bellong.Thanks.
Hopefully this week they will enter June applications for accountants!
We reassessed as accountants in June.

For auditors,last invite I heard of was Oct 2015 with 70points.Even at that,Dipb hasn't confirmed any such information.They only mentioned to be adviced for auditors.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 5:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
tyosho:

On it bellong.Thanks.
Hopefully this week they will enter June applications for accountants!
We reassessed as accountants in June.

For auditors,last invite I heard of was Oct 2015 with 70points.Even at that,Dipb hasn't confirmed any such information.They only mentioned to be adviced for auditors.

Hello @Tyosho,

Please are you saying that it is better to be assessed as Accountant instead of Auditor? I have worked as an Auditor for over 8 years. I have BSc Accounting and ICAN. What do you advise please?

Bellong, Ome24 and others please your input is also required.

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by uckennety(m): 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
PLS am a mass comm graduate skilled in construction(brick layer) up to 5yrs now any agent or any1 who can guide me thru D process so I can apply 4 a permanent residency/or process it 4 me
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chymadi: 7:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
chymadi:
Hello house,has anyone successfully paid for the Engineers Australia Assessment using form A at any of the commercial banks? If so, I would like to know the process and the bank please. Thanks

Hi guys, please I'd really appreciate if someone can throw light on this inquiry. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Schelube(m): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
chymadi:
I finally paid for my assessment today using UBA Visa Africard full KYC as i was told today. #266,000 equivalent of AUD1025 was debited from my account. Its for migration skill assessment with CDR AUD750 + Fast track AUD275 only.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
toslad:

Hello @Tyosho,

Please are you saying that it is better to be assessed as Accountant instead of Auditor? I have worked as an Auditor for over 8 years. I have BSc Accounting and ICAN. What do you advise please?

Bellong, Ome24 and others please your input is also required.

Thank you.

If u can afford both Pls do.there were only 1000 slots for auditors in last FY.These slots finished by September;meaning there's already a backlog of auditors waiting to be invited since that time.You will have to join the queue whenever you finish.Bear in mind we have about 1400 slots for this new year.
If going for 189 visa as auditor,then aim for at least 70points.
Good thing though is quite a couple of states sponsor auditors.so even with 65points you have a strong edge.
Tasmania requires 80 points
South Australia requires you have a job offer
Northern territory requires POF and plenty documentation
NSW requires that u just choose them in your EOI and then they invite you if interested.Quite a couple of people here have been invited by NSW within two weeks of applying.

For accountants,same thing applies.only that with 189 they have 2500 slots.
I know someone who applied for four skilled assessments at the same time with ICAA.
No time.
So the choice is yours really.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
uckennety:
PLS am a mass comm graduate skilled in construction(brick layer) up to 5yrs now any agent or any1 who can guide me thru D process so I can apply 4 a permanent residency/or process it 4 me

Do you have any qualifications in the construction work aside experience?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cc77(m): 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
Bellong, good evening. please direct me on how to start. I am a 2:2 holder in elect elect engineering, have experience during my 6 months SIWES and 1 year NYSC with NEPA. I have interest in Australia. Please tell me what and what to do. thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
cc77:
Bellong, good evening. please direct me on how to start. I am a 2:2 holder in elect elect engineering, have experience during my 6 months SIWES and 1 year NYSC with NEPA. I have interest in Australia. Please tell me what and what to do. thanks

Everything you need is on the thread, nothing to add.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 4:36am On Jul 19, 2016
Hello,
please I need a personal experience from someone that did assessment with TRA in recent time or anybody, I ve 15 years working experience, I cant get all the pay slips from 2001 (lost almost all) and the bank statement will be too many.

secondly, to get the employment statement from my supervisors since 2001 is another hard feat, all of them cannot be located (dead, retired, disengaged, relocated) except the present one, and I need the maximum points here to boost my chance.
thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cc77(m): 9:08am On Jul 19, 2016
bellong:

Everything you need is on the thread, nothing to add.
please bellong what's the 1st step I need to take?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:34am On Jul 19, 2016
cc77:
please bellong what's the 1st step I need to take?

The first step is to visit DIBP website, and gather as many information as you can about your case. Then, ask specific questions where you're stuck.

Reference:
DIBP Website,
This thread and others on this forum,
Google,
Expatforum,
Etc
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 9:52am On Jul 19, 2016
tyosho:

If u can afford both Pls do.there were only 1000 slots for auditors in last FY.These slots finished by September;meaning there's already a backlog of auditors waiting to be invited since that time.You will have to join the queue whenever you finish.Bear in mind we have about 1400 slots for this new year.
If going for 189 visa as auditor,then aim for at least 70points.
Good thing though is quite a couple of states sponsor auditors.so even with 65points you have a strong edge.
Tasmania requires 80 points
South Australia requires you have a job offer
Northern territory requires POF and plenty documentation
NSW requires that u just choose them in your EOI and then they invite you if interested.Quite a couple of people here have been invited by NSW within two weeks of applying.

For accountants,same thing applies.only that with 189 they have 2500 slots.
I know someone who applied for four skilled assessments at the same time with ICAA.
No time.
So the choice is yours really.

Thank you so much for your prompt response Tyosho I really appreciate your prompt and candid response.

I dont think I can afford both assessments o. I will aim for the 70 or 75 though based on my own assessment without the test I am on 55 points. I was aiming at 60 or 65 earlier but your reponse has given me more clarification.

I intend considering the NSW as you mentioned for 190 as the next best option but I will call you out all through the process please.

@ bellong and others, Please on a related note, for those already in Australia, which of these stand a better chance - Agric Finance/consultants or customer service

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Freece: 10:42am On Jul 19, 2016
@ Schelube

Is this UBA Visa Africard Dollar or Naira denominated?

Schelube:

I finally paid for my assessment today using UBA Visa Africard full KYC as i was told today. #266,000 equivalent of AUD1025 was debited from my account. Its for migration skill assessment with CDR AUD750 + Fast track AUD275 only.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chymadi: 11:23am On Jul 19, 2016
Schelube:

Hi Schelube, thanks for the info. My estimate shows that the payment was done at a good exchange rate at 1AUD = NGN259.52. Is the exchange rate for the UBA Visa Africard is close to the CBN rate for web payments?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by badenugba: 11:55am On Jul 19, 2016
Hello house , I just received my PTE scores which I did yesterday afternoon.
My score is overall of 64, how can I call for a re assessment ? I think I should be able to get 65 ( 7 band ) which will save me a re take . Although the present score is good for the 476 visa I want to apply for , but I won't mind getting a 7 band since the peak all this pursuit is PR..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Schelube(m): 12:48pm On Jul 19, 2016
Freece:
@ Schelube

Is this UBA Visa Africard Dollar or Naira denominated?

I believe its naira denominated but i was told i can still fund it in dollars. You can use it anywhere and the card is valid for 5years. You account number is written at the back of the card.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
dresco:
Good Day Guys,

I am new on this forum.

I am a chemical engineer and I presently have my IELTS results. I intend to apply for skilled independent (Subclass 189). I am about to start the process of the Competency Demonstration Report. Please can anyone assist me with a format used for the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and Career Episode. Truth is I don't have any work experience as a chemical engineer.

Regards,
Remi

I 'm also a chemical engineer who has successfully scaled through the assessment stage with engineers Australia. I can guide you on the process if you contact me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.