Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,595 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207061 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2017
2bpat:
Good day my people,
Please I have 2 very important questions and I need those with experience to answer.
(1) is it a must to engage the services of
AGENT while applying for Masters in Australia?

(2) must I submit my o'level/WAEC certificate as part of admission requirements?

Kindly help answer
Wrong thread. Ask here https://www.nairaland.com/3786389/general-australian-student-visa-enquiries/123

Zany.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
A big thank you to you all. Grateful much. We shall rejoice with you guys waiting too. wink

6 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
folorunso9:
Hello house,

I need some guidance on my route to PR
I currently hold a subclass 476 visa(graduate skilled visa)
Graduated from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic in 2012, worked for an Engineering coy for a while before I proceeded for a one year top up in the UK. Which allowed me apply for the 476 visa. I just found out this wonderful thread and it's been really insightful but I don't want to believe my case is perculiar as to getting answers. What should be the steps I take in getting a PR ? Please epp my life too
The steps? Read page 0 and and seek clarification if any.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by victree4: 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2017
zanyzara:

We don't deal with agents here, we do it ourselves and I believe you too can.

Zany.

OK thanks. Pls you guys should access me and tell me my chances of getting ita

Qualifications: B. Eng elect/elect
Job experience: 6 months IT in telecoms sector. Plus 1 year NYSC
Ielts: lsrw 7, 7, 7, 7

Which skilled migration job should I get assessment for? Especially as I have only 6 month experience in my field.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by fonseca1929: 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2017
victree4:

Which skilled migration job should I get assessment for? Especially as I have only 6 month experience in my field.

Read page 0 to 5...u already have 55points from this profile.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by victree4: 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
fonseca1929:

Read page 0 to 5...u already have 55points from this profile.

Yeah, I'm aware that I have 55 points already. It's just the extra 5 points I'm confused on how to get
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2017
victree4:

Education: 15points
English: 10 points
Experience: 0
Total 55points. You need minimum of 60 points to apply for 189 visa but can apply for state nomination with this. You can rewrite English to get 20points.
Read page 0 to understand the process and seek for clarification if any.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
afolaseg:
Nice one bro. Kindly patronize my brother. congrat Omooloriredade.

thanks brother....

contacts on PTE

spyroxy1 = mock test now N8500

cc:
alphador mamajazz teewhysafe zanyzara kamotisha bimz mactowel bornlegend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 3:12am On Oct 20, 2017
Omooloriredade:

Go to the NPC office closest to you. Go along with your passport photo and probably an ID( didn't send any ID). It costs between 5k and 10k (don't remember how much exactly). Just asked my old folks to process it on my behalf outside Lagos. They would require your full names and permanent address (and...don't remember again jare). It was ready in a week.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by victree4: 3:13am On Oct 20, 2017
Thanks Zany

I intend taking an assessment with EA. Can lack of experience affect the outcome?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by martinoonline(m): 3:58am On Oct 20, 2017
Hello everyone! Just to update the house, I arrived Aussie safely on the 476 subclass.

I've been off for long trying to settle in, so I've missed plenty gist here on NL.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier questions - bellong, iceberg54, Alphadoor, catchdwind4rmkd, incemay, lawland,...et al.

I finally traveled through Singapore without any need for Transit visa, just as lawland told me I wouldn't need one. I flew Ethiopian Airline from Lagos to Addis Ababa, Ethiopian Airline from Addis Ababa to Singapore and then JetStar from Singapore to Melbourne. It was a fairly cheap deal compared to all other deals I saw and the journey was very smooth as well.

If you plan to use same route (or any other route with 2 or more journey laps), before you depart Nigeria, just make sure the destination tag on your checked in luggage corresponds to your final destination. Mine was fine, so I didn't have to move my checked in luggage by myself while in transit. I only had to pick them up from the pick up location when I arrived Melbourne.

My experience settling in here has been fine so far. I will now resume my hunt for 20 points from PTE.

Catchdwind4rmkd, I saw your testimony...Congrats bro smiley I need your PTE anointing, going in next week for a shot at Flinders.

Congrats to all those who have received their grants and good luck to everyone of us still in the chase.

11 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 4:04am On Oct 20, 2017
martinoonline:
Hello everyone! Just to update the house, I arrived Aussie safely on the 476 subclass.

I've been off for long trying to settle in, so I've missed plenty gist here on NL.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier questions - bellong, iceberg54, Alphadoor, catchdwind4rmkd, incemay, lawland,...et al.

I finally traveled through Singapore without any need for Transit visa, just as lawland told me I wouldn't need one. I flew Ethiopian Airline from Lagos to Addis Ababa, Ethiopian Airline from Addis Ababa to Singapore and then JetStar from Singapore to Melbourne. It was a fairly cheap deal compared to all other deals I saw and the journey was very smooth as well.

If you plan to use same route (or any other route with 2 or more journey laps), before you depart Nigeria, just make sure the destination tag on your checked in luggage corresponds to your final destination. Mine was fine, so I didn't have to move my checked in luggage by myself while in transit. I only had to pick them up from the pick up location when I arrived Melbourne.

My experience settling in here has been fine so far. I will now resume my hunt for 20 points from PTE.

Catchdwind4rmkd, I saw your testimony...Congrats bro smiley I need your PTE anointing, going in next week for a shot at Flinders.

Congrats to all those who have received their grants and good luck to everyone of us still in the chase.
79+ fall on you. Best regards for your exam!!! Go for gold, mate
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by martinoonline(m): 4:07am On Oct 20, 2017
victree4:
Thanks Zany

I intend taking an assessment with EA. Can lack of experience affect the outcome?

Nope, you don't need work experience for EA assessment.

You will need to write three career episodes based on your engineering experience. This could be from school projects, industrial training, etc.

Read the thread and the guidance booklet on EA website to kick start.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by martinoonline(m): 4:09am On Oct 20, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

79+ fall on you. Best regards for your exam!!! Go for gold, mate

Thanks mate.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 4:48am On Oct 20, 2017
Thanks,Sir
is this applicable for someone that got 10 points from the assessment with OND but what to claim extra 5 points with HND,PGD and MSC.
Rett0:

You'll claim points for that while filling your eoi and provide proof of degree to dibp during visa application.
I guess degree must be related to occupation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cognito79: 4:56am On Oct 20, 2017
KIKIADE:
Thanks,Sir
is this applicable for someone that got 10 points from the assessment with OND but what to claim extra 5 points with HND,PGD and MSC.

If you are desperate for the 5 points, rather than take the risk of submitting without assessing it, you can assess the qualifications with VETASSES.

That will give you peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 5:06am On Oct 20, 2017
victree4:

Electrical engineering should be perfect for you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 6:48am On Oct 20, 2017
KIKIADE:
Thanks,Sir
Yes. You can claim point for your highest qualification.
Clarification here:
https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/360#58850122

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/360#58848919

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by korlahwarleh: 6:51am On Oct 20, 2017
spyroxy1:

thanks brother....

contacts on PTE

spyroxy1 + afolaseg = mock test N7500
majiouk2002 = PTE voucher, N51,500

cc:
alphador mamajazz teewhysafe zanyzara kamotisha bimz mactowel bornlegend

Please where will the mock PTE examination be conducted?
Can you do it by yourself at home, or you have to go to a center?
Also, can one buy it now and use it in two to three months time?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 7:35am On Oct 20, 2017
KIKIADE:
Thanks,Sir

Yea. From what has been discussed previously
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 7:58am On Oct 20, 2017
Omooloriredade:
Thank you all for your prayers and kind wishes. Our lives shall be full of occasions that call for celebration. In fact, we move from glory to glory. We haven't even started yet cool grin

@Bornlegend - Telecomm Network Engineer

@Spyroxy1 - Could you please ask your questions here? I have always struggled with responding to PMs since I joined Nairaland.
Cc Balogz
Thanks for the feedback
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 8:53am On Oct 20, 2017
korlahwarleh:

Please where will the mock PTE examination be conducted?
Can you do it by yourself at home, or you have to go to a center?
Also, can one buy it now and use it in two to three months time?

You can definitely do it from home. All you need are as follows:

A quiet environment with little or no noise background
Internet enabled system
A microphone (earpiece works too, preferable Samsung - phone - earpiece)

You can buy now and use maximum in two months
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by folorunso9: 9:05am On Oct 20, 2017
Thanks Zany,

I have read the thread and I just have some questions. I'm 27 I have an HND and a BEng (although through a top up in UK). I would be writing PTE and pretty confident of acing it. My challenge is I don't know which body to access with as they might have problems with my Bachelors not being 5 years
The other question is getting pay slip and bank statement for experience (should I just not put this forward because I am currently not in the country?)

zanyzara:

The steps? Read page 0 and and seek clarification if any.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nadiba: 9:21am On Oct 20, 2017
Good morning house please can anyone recommend a good PTE lecture center in lagos...thanks in advance
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nikkycool(f): 9:28am On Oct 20, 2017
uchenna2017:
Good evening,

Nikkycool and Oba, i saw your email but couldn't respond.

please note i didn't assess with TRA because i could not gather all the document required so i opted for another occupation with vetassess.

I will advice you check TRA website to view their requirements .

@Nikky i wanted to ask you to nominate Customer Service Manager for NT instead of baker thus the reason i asked you to contact me.

Please my ogas at the top,what are the documents required for Pre assessment with Vetassess and the process and when do they reply?Thank you cc@uchenna
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Priceless25: 9:57am On Oct 20, 2017
ejimjesus:

At Swintec Computer owerri, next week

Bro, Get there on time and check out everything, when I wrote there earlier this year, the A.C wasn't working, I kept sweating like an xmas goat, pls endeavour to ask them about exam room, I lost valuable amount of concentration cleaning my sweat. Good luck...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by victree4: 10:05am On Oct 20, 2017
I noticed that pte is accepted by EA and immigrations. Pls guys how many years is the result valid?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2017
victree4:
I noticed that pte is accepted by EA and immigrations. Pls guys how many years is the result valid?
EA will accept PTE as from November 1st, 2017. EA result valid for 2years while DIBP is valid for 3years.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 10:16am On Oct 20, 2017
folorunso9:
Thanks Zany,

I have read the thread and I just have some questions. I'm 27 I have an HND and a BEng (although through a top up in UK). I would be writing PTE and pretty confident of acing it. My challenge is I don't know which body to access with as they might have problems with my Bachelors not being 5 years
The other question is getting pay slip and bank statement for experience (should I just not put this forward because I am currently not in the country?)
What's your course?
How many years is the UK top up?
How many years of experience?

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 10:20am On Oct 20, 2017
jayooh:
This my assessor sha, just wan deh form boss. When I resubmitted episodes for professional engineer it took him/her less than 24 hours to reply and feed me back on their hasty decisions. Now to consider for draftperson the same episode you're fitting to engineering tech is taking forever. It's been 3days now ...patiently waiting, God power don cage my guy for corner. It will end in praise

N.B abi is it not through the additional information section of the CDR application I'm supposed to use in communicating with the gee? Because that the medium they have been using in feeding me back on the episodes and asking to rectify or confirm engr. Tech...
You will be fine. Let's keep praying.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 10:28am On Oct 20, 2017
Congratulatins!!!

Omooloriredade:

19/10/17: Grant (GSM Adelaide)

Now I can focus. Decisions will be easier to make now. Should I change car? Renew rent? Buy this or that? Apply for that job? etc. Off to prepare for some certifications before leaving. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eboni4life: 11:00am On Oct 20, 2017
udz:

Pls no need sending pm to me, just quote me and put email. I already sent to inno4lov.. ...

ayeleisioma@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.