Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! (212051 Views)

Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts / Should I Go To America Or Forget About It? / Nigerian Appreciates Woman For The Visa To America She Granted Him 32 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by TWoods(m): 7:20pm On May 01, 2016
jt2010:

Your statement above about not been ineligible to adjust status to green card from b1 or B2 visa or overstayed visiting visa is totally false and the highest level of ignorant statement about the us immigration laws.

Plz let us learnt to say what we know to true and correct base on fact or not hearsay.

You are absolutely free to try. I do not require a visa so do not find it useful to argue with you... however you should note that a B1/B2 is NOT a dual intent visa (that is why the vast majority of folks allowed AOS in the us are H, L etc. visa holders - these visas are dual intent and you do not have to prove no motive to immigrate). Also note that the whole point of a visa interview is to get on record what the purpose of your use of the visa would be. Should you have been found to have lied about the purpose of your visa, you will not be able to adjust status.

With regard to overstaying your visa... again feel free to try, don't say you were not warned. Not sure why people bother to go through the hassle of being banned and having to deal with ineligibility waivers.

Having gone through the entire immigration process from B1/B2 to H to green card, i found your response rather amusing. But to each his own.

6 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by jt2010: 7:44pm On May 01, 2016
TWoods:

You are absolutely free to try. I do not require a visa so do not find it useful to argue with you... however you should note that a B1/B2 is NOT a dual intent visa (that is why the vast majority of folks allowed AOS in the us are H, L etc. visa holders - these visas are dual intent and you do not have to prove no motive to immigrate). Also note that the whole point of a visa interview is to get on record what the purpose of your use of the visa would be. Should you have been found to have lied about the purpose of your visa, you will not be able to adjust status.

With regard to overstaying your visa... again feel free to try, don't say you were not warned. Not sure why people bother to go through the hassle of being banned and having to deal with ineligibility waivers.

Having gone through the entire immigration process from B1/B2 to H to green card, i found your response rather amusing. But to each his own.

You citizenship status in usa is not an important factor in this discussion but your knowledge of the usa immigration laws. And please stop the assumption that every individual that comments are hustling to travel to America.

First what is important when a visitor with B1 or B2 or overstayer want to adjust status to Green card through marriage in America is the I-94 (Landing Card). (my submission is not in anyway supporting any Shame marriages to gain immigration benenfits but real marriage base on love).

The alien must not have entered the United States illegally. Aliens must have been inspected and lawfully admitted into the U.S. The USCIS considers that you have been "inspected" when you present yourself to an immigration officer at a U.S. port of entry. You are considered admitted when an officer informs you of such and you are allowed to enter the U.S. As a rule, your I-94 and/or the Immigration and Naturalization Stamp in your passport is an indication that you have been admitted legally. Check the page 2 of this USCIS document to confirm my statement.

See link from Visa Journey below:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/593860-aos-of-a-b2-visa-with-i-94-about-to-expire/

See other link to tell you that the eligibility to adjust status for anybody that is already in the usa with visitor visa or overstay is been lawfully/legally admitted which can only be prove by including your 1-94 card in your application and a copy of your visa.
http://www.hooyou.com/i-485/eligible.html

NOTE: While I do respect your opinion but we (individually) cannot know everything, so my aim is just to point out the fact to any members of this forum that may ever need such type of information to make their decision.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by falopey: 9:21pm On May 01, 2016
TWoods:

No. If you came in as a visitor B1/B2, you are automatically ineligible to adjust status to green card in the US. You must go back to your home country to do so. If you had overstayed your visa for >180 days, you would be ineligible for a green card anyway unless you apply for a waiver of inadmissibility. Its not totally impossible but its a long shot.
Guy, no disrespect. You don't seem to know what you are saying o. While Google can help you in this matter, so many visitors have gone their way through marriage to becoming citizens in this same US. As a b1 holder, you are ineligible to adjust status. But when a b1 holder is married to a USC, he is considered as an immediate family member of the USC. So, he is allowed to adjust status if qualified and his overstay forgiven by the government. Many passed through the same process.

9 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by TWoods(m): 11:25pm On May 01, 2016
falopey:
Guy, no disrespect. You don't seem to know what you are saying o. While Google can help you in this matter, so many visitors have gone their way through marriage to becoming citizens in this same US. As a b1 holder, you are ineligible to adjust status. But when a b1 holder is married to a USC, he is considered as an immediate family member of the USC. So, he is allowed to adjust status if qualified and his overstay forgiven by the government. Many passed through the same process.

As i said, its not a quarrel. Give it a shot if you wish.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 12:15am On May 02, 2016
jwillng:
Denver International Airport. No touts. No hustling. No robbers.

Multi level and underground parking is common all over the USA. We need more of this in Nigeria-especially in Lagos.
Lmao grin

The new intl terminal at MMIA will have multi-level parking for close to 1000 vehicles. The terminal will handle 120 flights a day, and process 5 million passengers annually.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by TheCongo2: 1:38am On May 02, 2016
CFCman:

It covers a 53sq mile area! My local airport doesn't compare to it all.

DFW (Dallas-Fortworth) airport is another huge airport. I've read stories of people that had to walk close to 40 minutes just to get from one gate to another, within the same terminal.

40 minutes to get from one gate to another within the same terminal Com'on ... I don't buy this. Is the person cripple? I have been to some of the biggest airport in the world, and I truly don't see how a person can take that long to travel within one terminal.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Omotaday(m): 1:39am On May 02, 2016
jwillng:

The big factor is the cost of the ticket. With the crazy exchange rate. It can take a lot and change anytime.

Aside from that-you can manage everything else-especially if you have people that you can stay with or can show you around. If not hotels are relatively cheap when the standard is considered.
Hello, Good morning bro. I need your advice on an issue related to this thread. I have sent email request to you bro, will that work?
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by SlowlybtSurely: 1:49am On May 02, 2016
TheCongo2:

40 minutes to get from one gate to another within the same terminal Com'on ... I don't buy this. Is the person cripple? I have been to some of the biggest airport in the world, and I truly don't see how a person can take that long to travel within one terminal.

I do not doubt this. That airport is ginormous! Reason it is known to have the largest airport rail system. That has got to be the hugest airport I've been in. If not for the intra/inter-terminal trains, Lord knows it would have taken me more than 40minutes to walk to my boarding gate within the same terminal.

Not to mention it is sooooo freaking beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by kellykings84: 2:32am On May 02, 2016
Dis information is wrong. with as much a a won't encourage anybody taking d route of B2 to green card but just for d record; u can adjust ur status even if u overstayed ur visa as long as u an immediate family and a visa is immediately available to u like being a husband or wife of a Us citizen.
TWoods:

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by TWoods(m): 6:15am On May 02, 2016
kellykings84:
Dis information is wrong. with as much a a won't encourage anybody taking d route of B2 to green card but just for d record; u can adjust ur status even [b]if u overstayed ur visa [/b]as long as u an immediate family and a visa is immediately available to u like being a husband or wife of a Us citizen.

Fraud, misrepresentation and breaking the law is just as wrong, that loophole, if it exists, will soon be closed for good.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 6:47am On May 02, 2016
Jwillng

I have still not received the report
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by desy24444(m): 7:36am On May 02, 2016
Pls boss abeg,we nid details on how u take do ur own. Send me d report desyventuresnigerialimited@hotmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by desy24444(m): 7:44am On May 02, 2016
jt2010:

You citizenship status in usa is not an important factor in this discussion but your knowledge of the usa immigration laws. And please stop the assumption that every individual that comments are hustling to travel to America.

First what is important when a visitor with B1 or B2 or overstayer want to adjust status to Green card through marriage in America is the I-94 (Landing Card). (my submission is not in anyway supporting any Shame marriages to gain immigration benenfits but real marriage base on love).

The alien must not have entered the United States illegally. Aliens must have been inspected and lawfully admitted into the U.S. The USCIS considers that you have been "inspected" when you present yourself to an immigration officer at a U.S. port of entry. You are considered admitted when an officer informs you of such and you are allowed to enter the U.S. As a rule, your I-94 and/or the Immigration and Naturalization Stamp in your passport is an indication that you have been admitted legally. Check the page 2 of this USCIS document to confirm my statement.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/593860-aos-of-a-b2-visa-with-i-94-about-to-expire/

See other link to tell you that the eligibility to adjust status for anybody that is already in the usa with visitor visa or overstay is been lawfully/legally admitted which can only be prove by including your 1-94 card in your application and a copy of your visa.

NOTE: While I do respect your opinion but we (individually) cannot know everything, so my aim is just to point out the fact to any members of this forum that may ever need such type of information to make their decision.
pls boss my intention is to go 2 US and practice as a nurse. I dnt knw d path to take. Ur advice will b welcome. Thanks
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by mrego: 8:40am On May 02, 2016
jwillng:

Bros seize the opportunity. Nothing good in life comes easy. Everything that you want in life and is good is outside your comfort zone. If you visa is guaranteed because the Federal Government is guaranteeing it-take it as an opportunity. It will be on your record.

But I dont advise you abscond. For what purpose? Keep your job.

Calculate how much money you need for the trip? And do your Maths. If for example-total is N500,000-try and figure out how to make that back. It will take a lot of brain work and focus-but you can come up with a good idea. Maybe one of the Oga's in your Ministry needs a new macbook laptop or iphone-that can be almost 100k profit for you.

As for accommodation-consider the following:

1) Combine with 2 other people and share an Hotel room. At $50 a night paid weekly-thats roughly $17 per person. $17 is about 5k a night.
2) Check Craigslist for vacation apartments or people looking to sub let. You may be lucky to get something for $100 a week
3) As around -there's always someone who knows someone who knows someone who has a relative in the USA that can house for a 3 weeks or so. Just be neat, polite and bring some gratitude.

Use the trip to build bridges, make contacts, form relationships, be in good standing with the Embassy.

And please dont do dasukigate-they are the people that have ruined Nigeria and there are curses on all of them already .

that is a new dimension entirely... i didn't think of that. making the money i use in funding my trip back would a grt idea. maybe i will look for things to buy and resell here but would that be possible? i mean wont they charge for import and all that?

i am still trying to make contacts on someone i can stay with over there. hopefully i would find one and if i dont see, i will explore the other option.

i am seriously praying that God should take me away from temptation because it wont be easy not to dasukigate. lolz
thanks for this advice.. it has brought another angle to this journey

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by mrego: 8:52am On May 02, 2016
TWoods:

No. If you came in as a visitor B1/B2, you are automatically ineligible to adjust status to green card in the US. You must go back to your home country to do so . If you had overstayed your visa for >180 days, you would be ineligible for a green card anyway unless you apply for a waiver of inadmissibility. Its not totally impossible but its a long shot.

really!!! you mean even after being legally married they can still depot me?
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by mrego: 9:00am On May 02, 2016
are you saying as long as one doesn't over stay his visa, he can get married and be eligible for green card or u saying as long as the it is B1/B2, one is automatically not eligible ?

TWoods:

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 9:03am On May 02, 2016
TWoods:

what of someone on a student visa, is it possible to adjust status through marriage?
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by mrego: 9:09am On May 02, 2016
wow!!! this has increased my hope. i intend finding love... i must hustle for the love. what i will do go and make some connections before going back finally. thanks

jt2010:

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by mikkyangel(m): 9:14am On May 02, 2016
Olacombs23:

what of someone on a student visa, is it possible to adjust status through marriage?

Yes u can,I have seen many peeps do it,even my friend in texas... (him Don get him green card tee tee)
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by mrego: 9:15am On May 02, 2016
TWoods:

Fraud, misrepresentation and breaking the law is just as wrong, that loophole, if it exists, will soon be closed for good.

bros, before they adjust that law... i will use it lawfully. thanks
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by kingsilly(m): 9:23am On May 02, 2016
mrego:

Mrego wanna fall in love with an Americana..
You go live chioma for Lagos go, you no do well ooo angry grin grin
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by mikkyangel(m): 9:29am On May 02, 2016
falopey:

Bro,u are absolutely correct!,I live here and I know how the system works..

Bi/b2 can be adjusted. ..weda visa expired or not so long can find tru love..

Those who came as students too can get married and adjust ur status. ..yanky is so so wellcoming and accommodating...it's not dose yeye countries in Europe whereby b4 u get papers ehhhh,u go sweat die! I have lived in both worlds.

And another solid way u can find a lady is thru (be it in n9ja or wen one lands here is tru online dating )..

I heard d visa lottery will be open to NIGERIANS from 2018,let's keep our fingers cross eyoooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by mrego: 9:34am On May 02, 2016
lolz. no be my fault o. na watin the country cause

kingsilly:

Mrego wanna fall in love with an Americana..
You go live chioma for Lagos go, you no do well ooo angry grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by mrego: 9:38am On May 02, 2016
dont save it for another day pls.. share!!
i want it.
mikkyangel:

Those who came as students too can get married and adjust ur status. ..yanky is so so wellcoming and accommodating...it's not dose yeye countries in Europe whereby b4 u get papers ehhhh,u go sweat die! I have lived in both worlds.

And another solid way u can find a lady is thru (be it in n9ja or wen one lands here is tru online dating )..

I heard d visa lottery will be open to NIGERIANS from 2018,let's keep our fingers cross eyoooo
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 9:53am On May 02, 2016
mikkyangel:

Bro it is dv-2018 or year 2018. Cause if it's dv-2018 it will be opened this year
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 10:11am On May 02, 2016
CFCman:

Double taxation sucks! The only other country that taxes it's diaspora citizens is Eritrea.
Facebook's co-founder has also renounced his US citizenship, and now lives in Singapore
moskowitz or who?
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by lionlee216(m): 11:03am On May 02, 2016
mrego:

Yeah, mikkyangel is right. I have been following with my previous moniker before I deactivated it. rhe system is not perfect and people will cheat the system always. I friend of mine used student visa to enter the country 6 years ago and living fine up till now. if u hear mikkyangel talk about usa, the thing go sweet u to enter sharp sharp. mikky na real hustler n I believe his hustling has paid off. chrck his threads. send me a pm

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Pidggin(f): 11:03am On May 02, 2016
There are scammers on this thread be careful

5 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by falopey: 11:19am On May 02, 2016
TWoods:

that loophole, if it exists, will soon be closed for good.
Guy from the way you dey comment since, you dey sound like one of those guys in my extended family (not immediate) that when you asked them, "please help me come to America", they would tell you say, "emm e no easy". All na lie na to discourage you and ensure they are the only one in America. I dey the system. All those their "e no easy excuse" na just flimsy excuse. It's way better than naija. They don't want anybody to join them because it gives them ego to be there alone. If anyone can come legally and adjust status, there should be no problem with that.

25 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Indigbo: 11:42am On May 02, 2016
jwillng:
@lalastisclala, ishilove , Oga Seun-come rent house o!

24 hour light
Water dey run 24/7
Correct police dey just seconds away

This your America still dey shark you cos you be ''just arrive''. I give you just 2 to 3 years, you go soon confess and know how far. grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Teeforeal(m): 11:54am On May 02, 2016
Hi,Jwillng kindly send the comprehensive report how you moved to usa into my email : at21160@gmail.com. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (38) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.