Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,875 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Before And After The Breakup. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Before And After The Breakup. (1093 Views)

Poll: MEN: When you've met or run into your exs again have they looked better than they did when you left them/broke up?

Yes: 10% (1 vote)
No: 50% (5 votes)
I'm a woman and I have a right to vote :P: 40% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

YOUR FIRST LOVE: How Long Did You Date And What Caused The Breakup? / Does My Ex Boyfriend Miss Me After The Breakup / How Come Women Initiate The Breakup 80% Of The Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before And After The Breakup. by topup: 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2009
Most women I know tend to look better after breaking up with a boyfriend. For them it is an excuse to hit the gym, to finally start that healthy eating plan, to drink more water, to have surgery, to go out more. I'll be damned if any ex I bump into has a reason to feel smug about themselves tongue.

So it seems to me, that breakups mean a lot more to women, and women appear to be more affected by break ups and so it can work in their favour if the result affect is 'to take control of life' or 'do something extra'.

What are your opinions, check out the poll - vote. GUYS ONLY!!

When you've met or run into your exs again have they looked better than they did when you left them/broke up? If we more men say yes, that must mean that my theory's correct, if we have more men saying no, that must mean that my theory's incorrect and that breakups have no effect on a woman's desire to 'up her game' and become 'sexier', if anything it might prove that the breakup had a negative effect on her which is the opposite of my theory.
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by posakosa(m): 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2009
It doesnt matter how one looks/

Breaking up with someone nicely is the best way to go.

If a man/woman experiences a good break up, they don't have to worry about much, its people who experience bad break ups that fight to accomplish this goal. No matter how bad or good I look, if I saw my ex today, all HELL WILL BREAK LOSE. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by Sauron1: 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2009
Women seem to suffer the most in a break-up so this is no issue at all. . . . . .
Men bounce back quickly(that is if he does not have someone by the side before the so-called break-up)
The exes i have met after the break-up all looked like Ms. Jackson. grin grin grin grin
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by posakosa(m): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

Women seem to suffer the most in a break-up so this is no issue at all. . . . . .
Men bounce back quickly(that is if he does not have someone by the side before the so-called break-up)
The exes i have met after the break-up all looked like Ms. Jackson. grin grin grin grin

hahahaha! Most of the time, this is quite true.
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by TOPE20001(f): 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

u r crazy grin cheesy
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by Kelvinj(m): 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2009
Wel, in most cases i blive d guyz get ova breakups faster dan d girlz.
But I've seen girlz look more gorgous aft breakup's, nw d question is waz d guy kinda bad 2 her?
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by TOPE20001(f): 11:20pm On Aug 05, 2009
Kelvinj:

Wel, in most cases i blive d guyz get ova breakups faster dan d girlz.
But I've seen girlz look more gorgous aft breakup's, nw d question is waz d guy kinda bad 2 her?

Not necessarily undecided
For a girl the biggest revenge u can ever have on ur EX is to date someone better that way u wud look more gorgeous even to urself tongue cheesy
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by mecussey(m): 11:22pm On Aug 05, 2009
Tope2000, but it's true; women are prone to suffer after breakups; that is the more reason why I advise some of them to try to make up but not desperately. I could not believe that my last Ex I never wanted to think of again in my life called to tell me that she is still alone, I had to hang up on her and put off my phone through out the hole day, wasn't I stupid?
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by Sauron1: 11:24pm On Aug 05, 2009
mecussey:

Tope2000, but it's true; women are prone to suffer after breakups; that is the more reason why I advise some of them to try to make up but not desperately. I could not believe that my last Ex I never wanted to think of again in my life called to tell me that she is still alone, I had to hang up on her and put off my phone through out the hole day, wasn't I stupid?

Yes you are. . . .U passed up a good opportunity to get jiggy with an old flame. . . .

TOPE2000!:

u r crazy grin cheesy

It's the gospel truth!!!
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by topup: 12:37am On Aug 06, 2009
mecussey:

Lol, wow, that was a bit harsh, but if she was always trouble, chances are she still will be, people change, but when they call to update you about their loneliness, it can just be gameplay for them. . The next question could have been; "Are you single?" and then "Wanna meet up." lol. .

TOPE2000!:

Not necessarily undecided
For a girl the biggest revenge u can ever have on ur EX is to date someone better that way u wud look more gorgeous even to urself tongue cheesy

That's what I believe too, and most if not all my female friends say; "you need to put some pictures up on facebook, and when that ex sees you he'll be jealous and wish he never. . ."

Most guys when they breakup want nothing to do with the girl again, whilst most girls tend to feel a little pain rather quickly and can do things to get back at the ex.

I think passive revenge is the sweetest, it appears unintentional tongue
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by Czarskit(m): 1:45am On Aug 06, 2009
My exes all look crappy when I see 'em. Old things 'pass away, '
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by posakosa(m): 1:51am On Aug 06, 2009
Czarskit:

My exes all look crappy when I see 'em. Old things 'pass away, '

Not nice!
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by iice(f): 1:50am On Aug 31, 2009
Look better? for who? grin
I look as i've always looked cheesy
As for them looking better. . .if it's for my benefit, it's a wasted effort. I don't notice things like that undecided
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by biola44: 9:37am On Aug 31, 2009
who cares ow she looks grin
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by smooooooth: 10:16am On Aug 31, 2009
then i think more guys shld break up wiv their gf since it helpe them stay in shape. abi?
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by biola44: 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2009
but d girls would punish d guys who later come along
Re: Before And After The Breakup. by Enockia(m): 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2009
the last two did't look too good

(1) (Reply)

Life Partner! / Is It True That Money + Time = Woman / Whether Na One Naira!…yeah Right! Potential Or Ready Made Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.