Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) (44720 Views)

Photos Of Saraki At CCT Today As His Trial Commenced Again / Danladi Umar Shouts At Raphael Oluyede, Saraki's Lawyer / Photos Of Bukola Saraki At CCT Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by odikimi: 9:31pm On Apr 21, 2016
I just watched the video, Justice Danladi Umar is so shameless. I was thinking Saraki's lawyer said anything wrong, the judge just show to the world that he is so bias.
You don't go ahead with a trial when there is a motion challenging your impartiality. OMG, pls when will Nigerians be objective in their judgment.
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by collins011(m): 9:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
thunder74:
I am tempted to talk....the judge is wrong and he is playing to the hand of the defence team. The way it is now, he cant handle this Saraki's case in good conscience, he is biased. Defence cant get justice in this court again, even if he is willing to give justice.

Idi learned and idikwaghi bias. If you are here, I will buy you a chilled beer.

You position is a honest one devoured of sentiment.

For interest of peace and fair trial, that man should hand over to a more competent judge to preside over this case
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by paragon40(m): 10:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
odikimi:

please read this from FALANA http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/brt-probe-falana-requests-fashola-remove-justice-adebajo-chairman/
and see why Umar can't be impartial in this case.
I deal with facts and I research on my argument.
Once you are facing an alleged crime with a party or have any issue with a body, you can't give a fair judgment.
Umar's disqualification will not stop Saraki from trial. I am arguing from the legal perspective and not on political ground. I am a lawyer/pro PDP but I want Saraki to be jailed.
However I don't want the CCT to give Saraki a good ground for Appeal.
Saraki after the case will file notice of appeal as well as stay of execution to stay in that seat.
The Court of appeal will grant the stay if there is strong believe that he was denied fair hearing which is wider than just giving him chance to be heard.
Fair hearing in Law is not just giving the accused chance to prove his case.
Saraki lawyers are setting ground for appeal against the possible judgment base on the partiality of the judge which amount to breach of section 36 sub 1. see Uniuyo v. Nse.
big point bro...the question that comes to mind is that will d Appeal Court, allow the argument that bn "investigated" by a commission shows that one has a link with the Govt and such link affected the judgment.. the court might look at it from this angle, looking at the amount of evidence supplied by the prosecution will the judgment have bn different if the case was assigned to another judge...what do u think?
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by odikimi: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
paragon40:
big point bro...the question that comes to mind is that will d Appeal Court, allow the argument that bn "investigated" by a commission shows that one has a link with the Govt and such link affected the judgment.. the court might look at it from this angle, looking at the amount of evidence supplied by the prosecution will the judgment have bn different if the case was assigned to another judge...what do u think?
The principle of fair hearing has nothing to do with miscarriage of justice. Whether he would've gotten out of the hook with the evidence before the court doesn't matter when the issue of fair hearing is before the appellate court. see Oyakhire's case supra.The appellant need not to prove that there was miscarriage of justice. All he needs to show is he was not giving fair hearing within the definition of Judicial precedent. Denying his lawyer from taken his motion on notice amount to interference, which the Supreme Court has defined in Audu v. FRN as breach of section 36 (1). see also Jang v. INEC.
I don't trust the Court of Appeal justices but the Supreme Court justifies. There is an alleged question of breach of fair hearing according to the lawyer as shown in the video. listen to it "you want to charge me for content because I am representing my client "? He was emphasising on that point seriously to let the tribunal know that it was bias.
Justice Umar is not smart enough. What will it take from him, to allow the motion on notice, motion he will still be the one to decide. Refusing to take the motion which challenges his impartiality goes to the jurisdiction of d court.
I know those being controlled by emotions won't agree with my position of the law
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by paragon40(m): 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
odikimi:

The principle of fair hearing has nothing to do with miscarriage of justice. Whether he would've gotten out of the hook with the evidence before the court doesn't matter when the issue of fair hearing is before the appellate court. see Oyakhire's case supra.
All what the appellant needs to prove is that there was miscarriage of justice. for that see Jang v. INEC. I don't trust the Court of Appeal justices but the Supreme Court justifies. There is an alleged question of breach of fair hearing according to the lawyer as shown in the video. listen to it "you want to charge me for content because I am representing my client "? He was emphasising on that point seriously to let the tribunal know that it was bias.
Justice Umar is not smart enough. What will it take from him, to allow the motion on notice, motion he will still be the one to decide. Refusing to take the motion which challenges his impartiality goes to the jurisdiction of d court.
I know those being controlled by emotions won't agree with my position of the law
no problem thanks for the cases I will take time read them. sleep well bro.
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by Etizz: 11:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
Another ORUBEBE

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by rhosymedre: 12:01am On Apr 22, 2016
odikimi:
I just watched the video, Justice Danladi Umar is so shameless. I was thinking Saraki's lawyer said anything wrong, the judge just show to the world that he is so bias.
You don't go ahead with a trial when there is a motion challenging your impartiality. OMG, pls when will Nigerians be objective in their judgment.

Whether or not Saraki is guilty, Danladi is a complete disgrace to the Bench and even to the legal profession.
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by prince088: 12:35am On Apr 22, 2016
odikimi:

This news happened just yesterday or a day before.
So tell me what you think conspired between them to come up with this junk clearance?
When you judge from objective angle u will see what I am seeing.
I am the most objective man here because I hate Saraki like my poo. I want him to die in jail, but it has to be judiciously and judicially done. I hate him the way I hate BH.
However, a minister in the temple of justice, all I am agitating for is to see that justice is not only be done but seen to have being done. I despise injustice to whoever in the society.

Hey man. The guy has been cleared since 2014. NASS and others only brought up the matter again simply cos of Saraki.
The EFCC only reinstated that Umar has been cleared.

No matter how this ends with ot without this drama....Saraka is stil gonna appeal. Mind you justice Danladi already made his point

“The point I was making was that when that application was filed, he filed at a time he was not appearing, and this is an issue tried at High Court, and he brought it here,”

And ordered for cross examination to start. How on earth with the so called SAN keep talking and ignore a sitting Judge in his court room?

Bro no case in this....

By the way the judgr does not have to give the exact time requested for adjournment. He gave them till 27th.
So much time have been wasted by so many rascal injunctioncourtsed to stall the trial....and back and forth running to different courts.

Am sorry using all this as a strong base of appeal is not feasible.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by mikolo80: 3:25am On Apr 22, 2016
DonCortino:
'hausa no dey go school', 'hausa no dey go school'. how come all the chief justices are hausa people? how dem take do am?
southern lawyers no gree wan de write long judgement and dem wan quick hammer
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by TijaniAbu: 3:26am On Apr 22, 2016
Danladi really revealed and disgraced himself. Conduct most unbecoming of a code of conduct tribunal judge. Has he started cramming the judgment Aso Rock Villa gave him? Illiterate virus infected midget. Why are there so many midgets stretching their necks to short-lived power? Number 2 comes to mind. Awon midgets
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:45am On Apr 22, 2016
odikimi:

according to the lawyer as shown in the video. listen to it "you want to charge me for content because I am representing my client "?
What's "content"?
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by odikimi: 5:53am On Apr 22, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
What's "content"?
contempt. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by nex(m): 5:57am On Apr 22, 2016
You could hear voices in Saraki's corner saying "THIS IS WHAT WE WANT". Very good!

They are just making Bukola Saraki's case worse, and eventually his punishment will be more than he bargained for.

This video is enough evidence that this drama was pre-planned, and there is no Judge in Nigeria who will handle Saraki's case with any sense of leniency now, since it is clear the kind of things that they want.

Even if Justice Danladi Umar decides to step down from the case right now, the next Judge will deal with this case more fiercely because an attack on one Judge, is an attack on every Judge.

Lastly, I need to remind Nigerians that THE JUDICIARY IS AN ARM OF GOVERNMENT. It is not a Ministry or department, it is not an organization trying to participate in the justice system. The Judiciary is and ARM of Government just like The Executive and the Legislative, and must be given due respect.

People who cannot stand up to Local Government Chairmen and State Representatives will be talking back at a Judge. It is contempt! Such a lawyer should sleep in a jail cell, and then be derived!

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by odikimi: 5:59am On Apr 22, 2016
prince088:

Hey man. The guy has been cleared since 2014. NASS and others only brought up the matter again simply cos of Saraki.

No matter how this ends with ot without this drama....Saraka is stil gonna appeal. Mind you justice Danladi already made his point

“The point I was making was that when that application was filed, he filed at a time he was not appearing, and this is an issue tried at High Court, and he brought it here,”

And ordered for cross examination to start. How on earth with the so called SAN keep talking and ignore a sitting Judge in his court room?

Bro no case in this....

By the way the judgr does not have to give the exact time requested for adjournment. He gave them till 27th.
So much time have been wasted by so many rascal injunctioncourtsed to stall the trial....and back and forth running to different courts.

Why is the clearance letter coming out at this time?
Is it a coincidence?
What was EFCC doing that they have to present the letter when they have a Star Witness before Justice Umar?
I bet you, whatever decision taken by Umar will be quashed on appeal. He has shown to the whole World that he is partial.
Have you watched the video? Is that the way you address a SAN? What did the lawyer say that warrant him to bark that way. It is the right of a lawyer to move his motion and the practice is, you take motion when they are raised.
Umar is corrupt than Dasuki
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by odikimi: 6:09am On Apr 22, 2016
prince088:

Bro no case in this....

I don't get what you are arguing on.
You story is so disjointed that I can't figure out what you mean.
Have you watched the video?
Did the lawyer say anything outside his obligations to his counsel?
When a motion is before a court, can the court go ahead in the matter without hearing the motion?
If the Court wants to go ahead, you rule on it.
What has the Tribunal done in Orubebe's case that is without motions to stall it?
This is pure shame that, a Judge was caught in camera barking like a dog just because a lawyer was adumbrating his argument.
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by Teespice(f): 6:45am On Apr 22, 2016
jaybee3:

The idiotic SAN obviously didn't want to get thrown out hence why he kept on shouting sorry like they put a glock on his balls

How Sarathief can still walk with his head high is what i'm unable to comprehend. A mighty number 3 citizen being dragged through the mud like that is simply shameful and he simply doesn't care about his legacy (That's if there is anything left to hold on to)

Nigerian politicians don't know the meaning of the word resignation especially when the office comes with some good perks.

good morning.

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by ddeola: 7:12am On Apr 22, 2016
Saraki and him team wan mess up the whole case. Na politics nau
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by jaybee3(m): 8:10am On Apr 22, 2016
Teespice:

Nigerian politicians don't know the meaning of the word resignation especially when the office comes with some good perks.

good morning.

Nothing like values in their books
They obviously stand for nothing

Morning Darl
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by prince088: 8:22am On Apr 22, 2016
odikimi:

I don't get what you are arguing on.
You story is so disjointed that I can't figure out what you mean.
Have you watched the video?
Did the lawyer say anything outside his obligations to his counsel?
When a motion is before a court, can the court go ahead in the matter without hearing the motion?
If the Court wants to go ahead, you rule on it.
What has the Tribunal done in Orubebe's case that is without motions to stall it?
This is pure shame that, a Judge was caught in camera barking like a dog just because a lawyer was adumbrating his argument.

It is disjointed because u av allowed sentiments to swallow u up. Why are u pretending the Umar is the first judge to 'shout' in a court room. Asides seeing this several times even on international movies, i have seen it in court rooms. There is no case in Umar shouting at a "SAN" who was silly enough to disregard a jude's stand and kept on talking back at a Judge in is court.

After the motion by one of saraki's lawer who was just appearing for the 2nd time. His first appearance was weds when he filed the motion. This was what transpired before onr of the lawyers decided to record what was going on

The lawyer reminded the judge of the pending motion then,
The prosecution counsel, Rotimi Jacobs, objected strongly to the motion, and interrupted Mr. Oluyede.

The tribunal chairman dismissed the motion swiftly.

“That motion as far as the tribunal is concerned is of no consequence; not worthy to be entertained and is hereby thrown away,” said Mr. Umar.

And he ordered cross examination be started

After this, the counsel holding brief for Kanu Agabi, Mr. Saraki’s lead counsel, insisted they be heard.

Now tell me ow Danladi is found culpable in this. What nonsense. If he was not satisfied why is there room for an appeal.

No case of " NO FAIR HEARING" about this, as a matter of fact the lawyer will only dig his own grave for his silly behaviour caught on tape

That was the height of folly he displayed there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidential Panel Disobeys Osibanjo's Directive, Says He Can't Order Them / I Am Still COVID-19 Positive, El-Rufai Speaks From Isolation / These Are The People Who Contributed N21.27bn For Jonathan’s Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.