Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,307 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) (44709 Views)

Photos Of Saraki At CCT Today As His Trial Commenced Again / Danladi Umar Shouts At Raphael Oluyede, Saraki's Lawyer / Photos Of Bukola Saraki At CCT Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by itstpia8: 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
koonbey:
Who has noticed that whenever the Saraki team intend to do this kind of Orubebe behaviour, Agabi is nowhere to be found?

who is Agabi?
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by Birniwa(m): 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
DonCortino:
'hausa no dey go school', 'hausa no dey go school'. how come all the chief justices are hausa people? how dem take do am?

This should clearly tell you how that claim was fabricated.

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by paragon40(m): 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2016
RASCALITY... lawyers are not trained like this...Justice Umar you should have hold him for 'contempt in facie curiae'..

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by itstpia8: 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2016
this Justice Umar, when I checked his wiki page earlier today, it said he was from the Yoruba tribe (clearly a fabrication).

Then I checked it again two minutes ago, now it says he is from the Fulani tribe.

who is editing his wiki page and why being so secretive about his ethnicity?

Surely he is not an Igbo man?

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by paragon40(m): 3:45pm On Apr 21, 2016
popsonbj:
He that come to equity should
come with a clean hand!
I think the lawyer is going
against the ethics of the profession.
A presiding judge asked him step down
on a matter, he ought to obey and keep
quiet. If you are not pleased with the ruling,
he should approach an appeal court for stay
of proceedings pending the determination of his
appeal! By talking back when a presiding judge
asked a counsel to stop talking is contemptuous and unethical.
The truth must be told.Saraki's Lawyer's behaviour in court today
is tatanmount to an affront on judge's authourity.
Some of these Nigerian lawyers are taking us back to
the period of the state of nature. That lawyer is a bad model
for anyone that want to become a lawyer or take a degree in Law.
that Lawyer should be disrobed his not 'fit and proper' must they win @ the tribunal wen there is room for Appeal.

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by itstpia8: 3:45pm On Apr 21, 2016

what tribe is he?

Egbira?
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by ElCapone(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2016
naija2dabone:
thumps up for the lawyer who refused to be intimidated by the useless Danladi umar
he shldnt hav sat down nw make him see if them no go trow am out of court. Idiatz!!

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by seunajia: 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2016
The Judge should have jailed that tout to serve as warning to the rest. You compote yourself when you are in the courtroom. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by Lionhearted511: 3:49pm On Apr 21, 2016
This CCT judge umar and Nnamdi Kanu be like twins
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 21, 2016
arsenal33:

So he should allow disgraceful lawyers to have their way.
Shows what you will do if given the chance.
lawless people supporting lawless lawyers
My guy you better face ur match against west brom tonight. Hope you know say na just one point between you and Man U and 3pts from West Ham. It would shock you that even Europa sef, you wouldn't enter.
Na that time you go know say 4th place isn't Wenger's birth right
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by odikimi: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
Some time a go, I wrote something about the immaturity on the part of this judge but instead I was insulted.
The judge has given a ground of Appeal to Saraki at the Appellate Court to the Supreme Court. You don't show your impartiality to the whole world. This amount to breach of Saraki's right to fair hearing. The Judge should've known better that the aim of the Defence team is to allow him play to the gallery.
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by XYZ123: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
DonCortino:
'hausa no dey go school', 'hausa no dey go school'. how come all the chief justices are hausa people? how dem take do am?
if u ask me na who I dey ask..?
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by itstpia8: 3:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
DonCortino:

Is he Hausa or Yoruba or Fulani or some other tribe?

Whoever is editing his wiki page seems not to know!
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by Excuzeme: 3:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
TippyTop:
Umar's behaviour maybe accepted in their sharia court, this behaviour is alien to Nigerian judiciary.

The biggest problem with most Nigerian YOUTHS is that of IGNORANCE!
Granted that many of you have never been inside a Court Room (except a Police cell! grin ), you should at least try to read-up on how things are done in a court.

1.) A Judge is the Head if his Court Room. He is like the DPO of a Police Station, if he says "sit down", you OBEY FIRST, and then complain from your 'sitting position'.

2.) if you disobey the instruction of a Judge (in his court room), he has the powers, backed by the consitution, to either throw you out of his court (if he is nice), or commit you for what is called CONTEMPT OF COURT!

3.) If he commits you for contempt, just remember that it is a crime, against the Judge and his court, and he is going to be the same Judge that would determine your guilt! grin grin Is short, you need to pray when the matter comes up! undecided

4.) You cannot force a Judge to hear your motion, in his court (Yes, you can appeal to another or higher court to make a declaration on that motion). You can only appeal to him, using legal principles and that is a decision the Judge has to make

5.) If you keep getting on the 'wrong side' of a Judge , he would not cut you "the slack" that you need, in moments when you need his sympathy!

A Judge's sympathy can reduce/mitigate your sentence a lot, because a Judge has DISCRETION to impose either the "minimum" or "maximum" sentence prescribed by law! That could mean a difference of just "community service / token fine" or Twenty years in prison!

I tell you, this Judge is even very patient, probably due to the nature of the persons involved.
He said "Sit down" but the Lawyer refused and continued to 'talk-away'!
That is disobedience to the Judge and qualifies for contempt proceedings.

Please let us try to educate ourselves, it costs nothing.
Life is not all about APCee or PdPee and insults

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by piagetskinner(m): 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2016
And y is the judge screaming ontop of his lungs??he should comport himself abeg...there are mature ways of handling things

2 Likes

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by olamide215: 4:11pm On Apr 21, 2016
If the court/fg sweeps sarakis case under the carpet and nothing is been done then It will be obvious that this country is completely finished.
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by Excuzeme: 4:12pm On Apr 21, 2016
odikimi:
Some time a go, I wrote something about the immaturity on the part of this judge but instead I was insulted.
The judge has given a ground of Appeal to Saraki at the Appellate Court to the Supreme Court. You don't show your impartiality to the whole world. This amount to breach of Saraki's right to fair hearing. The Judge should've know better that the aim of the Defence team is to allow him play to the gallery.

The Judge has not shown any grounds for Appeal!
Though, anyone has the right to "Appeal Anything" they like, it is the duty of a presiding judge to throw it out! undecided undecided

The Judge simply said "Sit down".... He did not say "I dont want to hear your motion".
If you refuse to "obey a Judge" is court room, how then do you go before another Judge to seek redress?

or have we not heard of the saying that "He who must come to "Equity", must come with "clean hands" and have shown "Equity" themselves"?

He may have the intention of going back to the raised motion, which by the way, is already FRIVOLOUS, ab INITIO.... having established that EFCC has "discharged and cleared" the Judge of any wrong doing, since Dec 2014.

You cant force a Judge to do your bidding, IN HIS COURT!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by paragon40(m): 4:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
odikimi:
The judge has given a ground of Appeal to Saraki at the Appellate Court to the Supreme Court. You don't show your impartiality to the whole world. This amount to breach of Saraki's right to fair hearing. The Judge should've know better that the aim of the Defence team is to allow him play to the gallery.
fair hearing u say? was the accused person denied fair hearing? NO he was not, the judge listened to both sides .. the defence counsel actually interrupted that process of fair hearing.. the judge said let us start with the cross examination and the defence, disobeyed that..

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by realman4me(m): 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
lol.... seat down seat down I said seat down. umar u have not seen nothing yet. Saraki is a die hard man.
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by fejicruz(m): 4:17pm On Apr 21, 2016
Section 36 (6)(c) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria provides that any person charged with a criminal offense shall be entitled to defend himself personally or by any legal practitioner of his choice.
Lawyers are only obeying the Constitution. So we aren't going to jail with any thief.
Our Rules of Professional Conduct, 2007, forbids such irresponsible conducts being displayed by this lawyer. I'm sure he would be punishment.

Reekadict04:
[size=20pt] This is the same greediness that sent SaraThief where He is today...

I think Lawyers who loose Corruption Cases Should be sent to Jail As well [/size]
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by winningwinner(m): 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

Cry me a river! Did you not see the letter from EFCC which shows the man has since been cleared? It even passed through the desk of the then Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) under Jonathan, Anyim Pius Anyim. Why then is this silly counsel to Saraki bringing up the issue that has since been concluded again? Umar was even too cool on him.

If Saraki is found guilty, there's nothing you lots can do about it. You would only wail and wail!

Guy, you lie!!!!!
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by odikimi: 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
Excuzeme:

The Judge has not shown any grounds for Appeal!
Though, anyone has the right to "Appeal Anything" they like, it is the duty of a presiding judge to throw it out! undecided undecided

The Judge simply said "Sit down".... He did not say "I dont want to hear your motion".
If you refuse to "obey a Judge" is court room, how then do you go before another Judge to seek redress?

or have we not heard of the saying that "He who must come to "Equity", must come with "clean hands" and have shown "Equity" themselves"?

He may have the intention of going back to the raised motion, which by the way, is already FRIVOLOUS, ab INITIO.... having established that EFCC has "discharged and cleared" the Judge of any wrong doing, since Dec 2014.

You cant force a Judge to do your bidding, IN HIS COURT!
Point of other, when a judge's impartiality is an issue, it affects the jurisdiction of the court or tribunal because it has to do with the right of the accused to fair hearing. As such, the first thing the judge is to do is to rule on the impartiality or breach of fair hearing. He is being accused of impartiality so he has to settle that matter first. See Nse v. The State.
The judge is not expected to make unfair statement when he is the arbiter in a matter.
His refusal to the adjournment application was very wrong. Section 36 of the constitution gives the accused time to prepare for his case. That provision supersedes the ACJA the judge is relying on.

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by Babacele: 4:24pm On Apr 21, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Lol. Ok. The bolded is actually the case.
Did you hear how the lawyer was now begging the judge after he sent him away? I though he was forming brave ni? grin
d lawyer just just buried saratif deeper in d hole. now a good lawyer knowing that his client's case is a bad one would have appealed to d jury but hell no saratif n his team of fools think we all are stewpid ! we shall see.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by hushshinani(m): 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
The layer forced the jugde to force him out cos he disobey...

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by Churchillumoren: 4:26pm On Apr 21, 2016
zone20:
A lawyer to Nigerian Senate President Bukola Saraki tried to disrupt proceedings at the code of conduct Tribunal earlier today by trying to force the tribunal to hear a motion he filed asking the lead judge, Danlami Umar to disqualify himself. The intransigence of the lawyer got Umar angry and he ordered for him to be thrown out of the court. This video shows the encounter and words from other lawyers on the team saying "that's what we want"

http://www.musbizubeat.com/2016/04/watch-video-of-bukola-sarakis-lawyers-try-to-disrupt-trial-at-the-cct-today/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtlEBgiv-Mo

IDIOTIC POST, D ATTORNEY DID NOT ATEMPT TO DISRUPT, PROCEEDINGS....HE WAS MAKING A LEGITIMATE MOTION...NO INTRASIGENCE
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by hushshinani(m): 4:26pm On Apr 21, 2016
The layer forced the jugde to force him out cos he disobeyed...
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by elriyaz(m): 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
redcliff:

grin grin grin grin
true talk oooo grin grin grin
Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by ALEGETEMITOPE(m): 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
Odunsco01:
the person that signed the letter self is most wanted by EFCC. So let watch the movie as unfolded.

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by olapluto(m): 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2016
odikimi:
The judge has given a ground of Appeal to Saraki at the Appellate Court to the Supreme Court. You don't show your impartiality to the whole world. This amount to breach of Saraki's right to fair hearing. The Judge should've known better that the aim of the Defence team is to allow him play to the gallery.
How has he shown impartiality? By not allowing distractions? He maintains order in his court. The lawyers tried but failed to wind him up.
Saraki has been winding up the whole country with his adjournments and supreme court issues.

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2016
A (Federal) Judge gives you an order in a U.S court room, you then insist on talking over him and disrespecting his office claiming it's your job, you will get thrown in jail for contempt and you will most likely lose your license --- if not immediately --- further down in the future. You're a marked man. You will NEVER win another case in that District again (or any where for that matter). Potential clients will run from you and you will lose business. At least, here in the United States.

When you have a grievance against/disagree with a Judge's ruling, the best (and wisest) thing you can do is raise it on the record so that you can also raise it on Appeal if your client loses the case. You DO NOT antagonize the Judge lest he takes it out on your client when it comes to the sentencing phase. I know Nigeria is peculiar, but if it was out here, my first thought (and that of many others) would be that Speaker Saraki's lawyers were purposefully working AGAINST him. But, listening to the Attorney, I know that is not the case, he is just unprofessional and is not used to a new Nigeria where the Judge is the most powerful man in the court room and his word is law. He thinks he's doing a good job. Maybe in Nigeria, but his conduct in that video was at best Unprofessional, and at worst, shameful. He should be sanctioned.

The Judge is supposed to be the most powerful person in the land, that's why so much emphasis is laid on the integrity of those handed that responsibility. Nigerian Attorneys should learn to respect the court.

P.S: Why are 90 lawyers permitted to defend one man? It seems like an attempt at intimidation to me. 4 should be the maximum, and those are the ones that should be allowed to sit at the defense table. All others should sit in the gallery with the public, and even then shouldn't be alloted seats until every other member of the public is completely seated. Interpreting and upholding the law are serious business. Court Room business is serious business. It's about time the people start understanding this fact.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:55pm On Apr 21, 2016
TippyTop:
Umar's behaviour maybe accepted in their sharia court, this behaviour is alien to Nigerian judiciary.
In that case, that's sad then. No wonder the lawyers are unruly and the court audience was rowdy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) by BermudaTriangle(m): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2016
Canme4u:

A SAN 4 that matter.

Mostvof them are political SANs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rahama Babangida, Ex-military Ruler's Daughter Stuns In New Photos / Names Of Senators Who Accompanied Saraki To CCT Yesterday....... [29 In All] / Buhari With All Heads-Of-State In Johannesburg, South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.