Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,415 members, 7,846,743 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad (11575 Views)

Silent Treatment In Relationships,good Ör Bad / Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Vuitton(m): 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2009
Good luck all :)
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 8:35am On Sep 01, 2009
Tanx buddy
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by peterod1(m): 1:06am On Sep 02, 2009
Their is no big problem abt this.constant communication and having trust in one's partner is what can make it work out.i'm presently in a such relationship.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Pataki: 11:35am On Sep 02, 2009
Personally for me, I see it as good.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Enockia(m): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2009
it is very good

as a matter of fact

i think it should be addopted

as a way of fighting pre-marital sex
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Druss(m): 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2009
hopefully we can stand through this , just about to enter one ,
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Enockia(m): 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2009
good luck o carry go
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by imrandbest(m): 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2009
khaira one thing I know that breaks relationship you've keeping for long
most often is the old enemy called "distance".

but never mind of what might have happened, see it as a TV movie and a
seasonal thing. It comes and goes. do not blame anybody, but here is the
question I personally have to ask you. Have you ever found out if you are compatible
or not? If not try to find that out,

Pray and visualize it that you are having him back in your life,
with God Almighty all things are possible. Yes!

Try it out, if it doesn't work just mail me.

imran0508@yahoo.com
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 9:05pm On Sep 03, 2009
imrandbest:

khaira one thing I know that breaks relationship you've keeping for long
most often is the old enemy called "distance".

but never mind of what might have happened, see it as a TV movie and a
seasonal thing. It comes and goes. do not blame anybody, but here is the
question I personally have to ask you. Have you ever found out if you are compatible
or not? If not try to find that out,

Pray and visualize it that you are having him back in your life,
with God Almighty all things are possible. Yes!

Try it out, if it doesn't work just mail me.

imran0508@yahoo.com

Tanx so much i am so greatful 4 wat u hv written. 2 answer ur question, YES we re compatible.

its just dat he is always a very busy person and it has made him so uncaring. But every other tin

is fine. it wld hv been easier if we were in d same city lol. sad sad sad
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2009
wink wink smiley smiley
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 11:29am On Sep 07, 2009
embarassed :-x undecided
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Vuitton(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2009
^^^^^^^ Why the stark change in demeanor Hairat007
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2009
Vuitton:

^^^^^^^ Why the stark change in demeanor Hairat007

Guy i dnt understand "change in demeanor" wat were u expectin? dat despite d wonderful advice i got

from my beloved nairalanders, i shld wake up one day and tel dem all, dat i cld not hold onto

d relationship and i am letting go? pls make me understand Mr Vuitton
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Yumi(f): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2009
Whilst I love the dream that love can overcome anything we have to be realistic. You have to try and see each other very couple of months for it to really work out. Longer than that and it becomes a bit unrealistic as we are all human and prone to weakness. I would say that on occasion you may go for longer like four months however that should be a one off situation. Otherwise let each other go and don't bother as you are only going to be lied to and cheated on especially if he is not a good guy. I also think if you want to really do it you should plan to be together physically as soon as possible. Within a couple of years you should tie the knot and move in together otherwise you end up in a abnormal situation and it becomes the norm when it shouldn't.

You have to be really committed and really love the person. If its difficult to visit if finances are too tight to visit often, it may be in your interests to get a part time job on weekends maybe and help pay towards a ticket and trip so that you use your time constructively and in a way that builds your relationship even when you are separated.

The reality is most men and women are not strong enough to handle this situation in the long term. Unless maybe they live with their parents or are restricted in some way shape or form that helps stabilise them and they perhaps have a good support system and companionship from family members or something that all know about you. A lot of people cheat then pretend they love their partners and that everything is normal. Instead of cheating they should be planning to spend more time together planning ways of spoiling their lover etc. putting the energy into the right places. Anyway I hope it works out and you have a good guy, if he is good it can work out.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by FierceDiva: 9:50am On Nov 08, 2009
I am presently in the United States and my man is in Nigeria. its difficult to have a long distance relationship, yes, but it is not impossible. we communicate by phone and email. we love ourselves enough to wait till we see each other. the only factor that can withstand a long distance relationship is love. its good if the man or woman is worth it, if they are not, what are you waiting for?
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Vuitton(m): 3:55pm On Nov 08, 2009
Love makes the difference smiley
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 10:36am On Nov 17, 2009
AFTER TWO MONTHS, D STORY HAS CHANGED.

TANX 2 U GUYS. I AM GLAD I POPPED UP DIS TOPIC WEN I DID,

LITTLE DID I KNOW UR RESPONSES WLD HELP ME IN FORGETTING DIS HEARTLESS

CREATURE I FELL IN LOVE WITH. WE'VE GONE OUR SEPARATE WAYS AND I DID NOT GRIEVE OVER HIM

COS HE IS ACTUALLY NOT WORTH IT. NOW I HAVE JOINED D CLUB OF THOSE WHO TINKS LOVE IS JUST

A MERE FANTASY. IT'S NOT WORTH D PAIN lol cool cool cool
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by chika98: 10:39am On Nov 17, 2009
The transition to not believing in love was very quick. Are you sure you were in love to begin with?
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by shakara4u(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2009
For thoz of u that are stiil not convinced,jst stuck it in ur head 90% of distant relationships dnt wrk,so jst save ur slf the strees!!!!
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 18, 2009
chika98:

The transition to not believing in love was very quick. Are you sure you were in love to begin with?
Thank you.
Infatuation, I think
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by No2Atheism(m): 12:51am On Nov 18, 2009
FL Gators:

Thank you.
Infatuation, I think

Heya the little baby girl is growing up fast . . . grin grin grin

Pele . . . teenage years can be bitch at times . . . you then tend to ask yourself why and how the heck was I infatutated in the first place.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 18, 2009
Yes, teenager years were bitches but I didnt know what love is back then wink
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2009
FL Gators:

Thank you.
Infatuation, I think

u guys can say wat u wnt or tink all u wnt.

d truth is infatuation or not, transition 2 not believing in luv or not, LOVE is not worth all d pain.

Dis is not d 1st, second or third tym but i knw dis is abt d last tym i wld be hurt by any fellow.

lyk i said, tink all u wnt or say all u must but it wnt change a thing. lol
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by sillyboy(m): 2:52pm On Dec 20, 2009
@ Topic.

Am in the States and my girlfriend is in Afghanistan! undecided. . . . . . .Distance is becoming a problem unless I join the military and get shipped to Afghanistan. But what if I were shipped to Iraq? angry
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 3:52pm On Dec 20, 2009
sillyboy:

@ Topic.

Am in the States and my girlfriend is in Afghanistan! undecided. . . . . . .Distance is becoming a problem unless I join the military and get shipped to Afghanistan. But what if I were shipped to Iraq? angry

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH   grin grin grin grin

U really are a silly boy. its been so long a tym dat i laughed dis loud well if u re shipped 2

Iraq, God, i wld be soooooo glad cos den i can shout serves u right.

u really re a funny fellow lol.   cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by FrenchyL(m): 10:43am On Dec 22, 2009
Well all i can say is that distance relationships require the Grace of God to succeed. I have had to deal with this situation twice and they both failed despite all the efforts i put in. That is not to say that there are no successful cases.

I really don't think that a relationship that is leading to marriage can be managed or run on the telephone or on Face book. wink wink
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 24, 2009
Good for some, not good for others. . . .

Know how much you can eat before asking for a plate cool

Hairat007:

u guys can say wat u wnt or tink all u wnt.

d truth is infatuation or not, transition 2 not believing in luv or not, LOVE is not worth all d pain.

Dis is not d 1st, second or third tym but i knw dis is abt d last tym i wld be hurt by any fellow.

lyk i said, tink all u wnt or say all u must but it wnt change a thing. lol
You believe love does not exist because one one or two people?

My dear, why do you want to lose?

sillyboy:

@ Topic.

LOL
I'll save this grin grin
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2009
FL Gators:

You believe love does not exist because one one or two people?

My dear, why do you want to lose?

Pls dnt just conclude dis way. U hv no idea wat i've been thru in d name

of lovin some ingrates u dnt just knw. u cld tink i choosed d wrong ones

but beliv me dats not d case but wat ever, i dnt tink its worth d pain cos

as it is, i aint gonna hate no 1 but i cant luv either cos d feelin is GONE. Not my

makin any way it jst happened. Now its as if i no longer hv feelings and beliv

me i used 2 be a very carin person but wolves took it all away. Tanx 4 your concern

all d same. lol   wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by iyke4iwu(m): 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2009
is not an easy stuff to handle especially when ur not with what it takes to keep it going like making calls everyday, dispatch gifts and so on
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 10:22pm On Dec 24, 2009
iyke4iwu:

is not an easy stuff to handle especially when your not with what it takes to keep it going like making calls everyday, dispatch gifts and so on

Dats 1 problem my dear while u re busy tinkin of keepin it goin,

ur partner might not be in any way bothered. Dats wat happened 2

me. I did all d efforts, he came visitin yes, but dats about all he did. D

minute he returns, d story changes. Its a dead end. cool cool cool cool
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2009
Hairat007:

Dats 1 problem my dear while u re busy tinkin of keepin it goin,

your partner might not be in any way bothered. Dats wat happened 2

me. I did all d efforts, he came visitin yes, but dats about all he did. D

minute he returns, d story changes. Its a dead end. cool cool cool cool

Ok, my bad
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by whitesturd(f): 10:59pm On Dec 24, 2009
well it actually depends on the parties involved cos some long distance relationships do work out but personally i dont realy like it cos usually it doesnt work out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done Or Witnessed In A Party? / Have You Ever Had Sex With Somebody Without Even Knowing His /her Name? / Lady Brags To Fvck Any Man That Comes Her Way To Cripple. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.