Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad (11565 Views)

Silent Treatment In Relationships,good Ör Bad / Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by amyb1(f): 11:26pm On Aug 18, 2009
C2H5OH:

amy amber ashley, if he wasn't willing to come, why didn't you go to him?
maybe he found an easier paper victim

i have a child the bf knew tht and i cant uproot my childs no matter how much i want the guy my daughter my 1st priority
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by C2H5OH(f): 11:30pm On Aug 18, 2009
compromises!  if you can't bend the rules a bit for yourself, why should he?
did you tell him you weren't willing to negotiate on traveling arrangements?
was he living in nigeria? if he was, i don't see why he would have passed up a chance to fly to the uk to see you
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by adex4all: 10:06am On Aug 19, 2009
wow, really interesting but hard 2 endure,as 4 me longdistance relationship is not Good"cos atimes dis romantic feeling 4 eachother comes up.which will be hand to hold up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Nonnyl(m): 10:12am On Aug 19, 2009
I prefer long distant relationship thing cos it maintains my dignity and rep. Besides, too much close in relationship makes the two less worth.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by omotf: 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2009
if both of you are committed to the relationship it will work out
i have experience it before and it work out for me. commitment and trust
is just what you need.
shalom.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by prosperup(m): 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2009
@ poster,when you are in a relationship it isn't advisable to start asking for advise from people you hardly know.
You are the person in the relationship and most of the respondents to your topic hardly know you or your boyfriend or even the extent to which you guys are committed.
It is easy to dismiss your relationship not knowing how much emotions or commitment you have invested.
Take a look at how some are even insisting that he's cheating on you without even knowing him. Most will just be judgmental based on just one side of the story. This isn't fair.

Long distance relationships do work and that is a reality. However, like any other relationship it requires patience and perseverance.
If you listen to too much advise on your own relationship then you might end up being in a relationship that other people recommend for you rather than the relationship that you want.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by ariblaze(m): 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2009
i think the one big problem of long distance relationships

is complacency setting in,its not being in contact with the person

really cos odds are y'll will be in touch virtually everyday.

the problem is when you people finally get to be in the same geographical location

you might find it difficult changing gears to suit the present

happened to a friend

he was in a relationship with her for a while

she came into the country , and he only had time to see her once in all 5months she was around

suffice to say she left his sorry ass

he did call her everyday though. . . .guess he got too comfortable in that role . . .
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 3:59pm On Aug 19, 2009
prosperup:

@ poster,when you are in a relationship it isn't advisable to start asking for advise from people you hardly know.
You are the person in the relationship and most of the respondents to your topic hardly know you or your boyfriend or even the extent to which you guys are committed.
It is easy to dismiss your relationship not knowing how much emotions or commitment you have invested.
Take a look at how some are even insisting that he's cheating on you without even knowing him. Most will just be judgmental based on just one side of the story. This isn't fair.

Long distance relationships do work and that is a reality. However, like any other relationship it requires patience and perseverance.
If you listen to too much advise on your own relationship then you might end up being in a relationship that other people recommend for you rather than the relationship that you want.

Tanx a million i understand where u re coming 4rm. but u knw as a very "wise" saying goes, wen opinions re dis much,

u sieve dem, remove d shaft, i.e d bad ones nd make good use of d good one. That is exactly wat i am doing.

Tanx once more. lol wink wink wink
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by menek(m): 5:56pm On Aug 19, 2009
Waoh,
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2009
menek:

Waoh, girl u r in my shoe though opposite here, in dat i'm a guy.my gf resides in kano while i'm in PH.we met in 2007 n til date we r stil on.i did my nysc in nasarawa las yr were i use d opportunity 2 travel 2 kano 2 c her,since then, N am back 2 PH.2 b honestly i do fil cheated most time,bt how can i conclude.i cal her 24/7,we r comited 2 each oda.i accept dat it is demanding.friends most time discourage me bt my hope is i cant quit base on mere illusion,if God says she is mine she gonna b.

Guy, coming just have faith. I am glad i brought dis topic here because dey all taught me

something FAITH so join me have faith and u'll see we're gonna sail thru its just 4 little while

good luck bro. lol smiley smiley smiley
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by pinkstar(f): 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2009
GOOD
Cos it will give the lovers sense of maturity & discipline,knowing they are far from themselves.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by girllygal(f): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2009
its really nerve racking. U have to be patient
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by vikiviko(m): 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2009
Pretty difficult i must confess from experience.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by 190: 12:16am On Aug 21, 2009
never works
if u doubt this ask my stupid based abuja EX gf
the babes always end up cheatin! they all are! angry angry angry
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by C2H5OH(f): 12:32am On Aug 21, 2009
190:

never works
if u doubt this ask my stupid based abuja EX gf
the babes always end up cheatin! they all are! angry angry angry
lol kukute, you too?
alabajo that the kokoro wey dey your head dey traumatize u small small.
ur ex girlfriend don scatter your brain.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 21, 2009
@topic
Fustrating
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 21, 2009
Good & Bad undecided

Not easy thou but I believe LDR can work out
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by mendax: 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2009
@topic,

yeah, i agree. i culd b frustratin. in my own case, while i was datin my luv, i saw her only once in a mth. initially there was no luxury of gsm, later wit gsm there wer no free calls at nite. funny though we'v now been married for over 5 yrs & we still see averagely ONCE A MTH. fortunately though, we get either holidays or sum special cases were we actually get 2 live 2gether as a couple for a few wks or days.

long & short, u could jump into marrying d person to bridge d long distance thingy. its d surest way, even though marriage doesnt alwys bring d person home completely
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by eazybuzy(m): 3:09pm On Aug 21, 2009
if there is love and you can feel it, then it is worth waiting for. one day you will settle down and sure you will live together till death do you part.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by mntpaul(m): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2009
LD's are very hard. I am in one and we are making it. It takes a huge commitment, it is the greatest emotional and spiritual commitment that I have ever had. I konw if we survive this we can survive anything. I think it is well worth it if your looking for a life mate. One thing I like about it is that in our letters and phone conversations, your more free to express how you really feel, because it seems that social barriers are let go. So LD allows for more openness, so you can really let the person know how you feel about things. Seems to be less reservations. I believe it also builds a better foundation for a relationship. I believe, if you guys make it your will be strong.

One of the greatest values I learned of LD is you learn not take the simple things for granted. For me even to hold my partners hand or a kiss has great relevance. LD tempers the heart. We both have learned how to really appreciate the other. We are not in an open relationship. We are committed. Sometimes I think how easy it would be to walk away. But my partner's strength and commitment feeds you and your strong again. We have invested a lot of energy into our relationship. It is well worth it and is greater value than anything in the world. When things get tough, we return to our relationship to draw on its strength. Sometimes you have to fight for you relationship. Like some post here are discouraging or worldly. But love is beyond the grasp of the world, so find the strength to live beyond worldly worries or fears. Eventually, you will discover the whole world will revolve around your relationship. Just think about it, think about how society and the world is set up. Everything is made more for pairs. You will begin to see life as it accommodates the two of you. So I am cheering for you. If you and your partner believe, I will believe also. Assume you will make it and it will happen.

Good luck
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Samkunle(m): 7:15pm On Aug 23, 2009
mntpaul:

LD's are very hard. I am in one and we are making it. It takes a huge commitment, it is the greatest emotional and spiritual commitment that I have ever had. I konw if we survive this we can survive anything. I think it is well worth it if your looking for a life mate. One thing I like about it is that in our letters and phone conversations, your more free to express how you really feel, because it seems that social barriers are let go. So LD allows for more openness, so you can really let the person know how you feel about things. Seems to be less reservations. I believe it also builds a better foundation for a relationship. I believe, if you guys make it your will be strong.

One of the greatest values I learned of LD is you learn not take the simple things for granted. For me even to hold my partners hand or a kiss has great relevance. LD tempers the heart. We both have learned how to really appreciate the other. We are not in an open relationship. We are committed. Sometimes I think how easy it would be to walk away. But my partner's strength and commitment feeds you and your strong again. We have invested a lot of energy into our relationship. It is well worth it and is greater value than anything in the world. When things get tough, we return to our relationship to draw on its strength. Sometimes you have to fight for you relationship. Like some post here are discouraging or worldly. But love is beyond the grasp of the world, so find the strength to live beyond worldly worries or fears. Eventually, you will discover the whole world will revolve around your relationship. Just think about it, think about how society and the world is set up. Everything is made more for pairs. You will begin to see life as it accommodates the two of you. So I am cheering for you. If you and your partner believe, I will believe also. Assume you will make it and it will happen.

Good luck
You couldn't have spoken any better than this. And I can't agree more with you because I share the same shoes with you. Best wishes to you in your relationship.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2009
mntpaul:

Good luck

Hey TANX a million. God i'm short of words but i do appreciate dis i really do

if dere re jst 5 of u out dere, i wnder if dere wld be problems tinking positively @ all

i hope u get d joy u deserve too and i wish u all d best. Tanx bro. lol
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by C2H5OH(f): 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2009
mntpaul:

Good luck
nice
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Fiona0007: 11:30pm On Aug 23, 2009
mntpaul:

I can't agree more.
i have friends who have been through LD r/s and finally settled down with their chosen ones. So if this LDrelationship is with your chosen one for your life it's worthwhile.
I wish you all the very best.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by uglyBetty1(f): 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2009
please encourage us that are in LDR, it is not an easy thing. You miss the person every time. There are certain things presence will solve that phone cant do. All in all, the best thing is try your best to be constantly communicate, and what will be will be.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by ninagood(f): 4:39am On Aug 25, 2009
am also in a LDR and its not easy ooo and u know why? the human mind is so unpredictable
but my will is so strong and i believe it ends up positively.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 11:59pm On Aug 28, 2009
Guys u all re wnderfl. i am glad i am not alone on dis and it seems all those

in d same boat wit me re determined 2 survive. I see no reason y i shld let

go @ least u hv given me d strength. I am very grateful 2 u all tanx.

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Amaka1725(f): 12:04am On Aug 29, 2009
This is a rhetorical question right?
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2009
can be good. can be bad. but i think it is those individuals involved that will determine how they want to play it.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by olovezej(f): 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2009
It really aint easy. But if he's committed n there r plans to stitch d gap often, it makes it bearable. I love him n can't give him up cos of distance, he's worth d trouble.
Re: Long Distance Relationships Good Or Bad by Hairat007(f): 4:12pm On Aug 31, 2009
olovezej:

It really aint easy. But if he's committed n there r plans to stitch d gap often, it makes it bearable. I love him n can't give him up cos of distance, he's worth d trouble.

I admire ur strong will nd i pray ur dreams come true. Good luck girl wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

/ What's Your Greatest Achievement In 2023 / Nicki Minaj Puts Her Naked Boobs On Display As Her New Trollz Video Trends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.