Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance (114074 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / Ruthless Betrayals: A story of love, betrayals, vengeance and the supernatural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Bobolayefa(m): 2:23pm On May 09, 2016
as much as I enjoy and really love your stories, I hate to catch up with you.... as in ... the suspense is less if I only have to stop when I want to sleep or do something else but like this.... mehn.... this waiting is killing me... But if I die now , I don't get to know how the story ends so I'll endure... great one daddy Solo.. your plenty children are waiting....

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 10:57am On May 10, 2016
CHAPTER SIX
THE BEACON
UNKNOWN

I have waited for two days now, just to be sure of what the old wizard said and every day that passes seems to confirm his story. There is indeed another golden destiny; an ungifted whose powers were released before birth. Reports have been flying in from the midlands and the south of the strange man who is just like the mad king. I didn’t want such rumour to be flying around but now it is more than that, it’s a confirmed fact. Something that will surely delay me from my goal as I know now that other equally dangerous people will be after him; the mad king especially as the man was in his kingdom initially. I just got word that a strange man and an old woman were wanted by the great Elphisius himself. If that is true, then it means Lucien wants him just as much as I do. This has turned out to be more difficult than I thought it would.

I summoned Melfisius earlier and he told me that he couldn’t trace the man’s gifts any longer. The last time he was able to, the man was on the path that leads to the midlands. I am quite certain that’s not their final destination but i do not know their final destination. I must find him, this is my best opportunity. Lucien had the gordonds to protect him and an army of soldiers which made it impossible for me to get to him. He rarely leaves his palace but this man is a lone soldier with just an old woman by his side. The woman must have been the one that fought off Elphisius which means somebody else wants the man and they have somehow won his heart. If they get him to whatever they are taking him, it might be extremely difficult to get him back. I must send someone to the midlands immediately; a wizard and a handful of my best men. I want that man before he leaves my grasp; I have waited long enough for this. I deserve my powers to be released just like them; they are neither better nor special than I am. The spell causing me to age slower than everyone else might be very useful but it’s still pointless if I cannot fulfill my destiny. It’s been one hundred and fifty years of careful planning and study, I can’t lose it all now to some persons who have no idea what’s going on. I laid the foundation for what Lucien is today but his father tweaked the spell causing it to work on only an unborn child and he quickly destroyed the procedures of creating the spell. I was stripped of what should have been mine, it will surely not happen again.

KIERAN

“You scared me , where have you been?” Claudia asked.

"I was checking on something, I didn’t mean to.”

"………………..you are bleeding. What were you checking on?”

“……I fell down chasing a squirrel; I wanted it for our dinner. I guess we will eat something else.”

I laughed and wiped the blood dripping from my lips. She stared at me for a while before heading back into the cabin. I looked back before following her in. I got in and washed my hair and feet before changing my clothes. Claudia kept on staring at me for some reasons, I didn’t know if she could tell if I was lying. I tried my best to ignore her and continue with whatever I was doing. She later turned her eyes away from me and went to one of the bags and brought out two breads with some weird looking vegetables. She cut the bread into halves and kept the vegetable between them before handing one of such to me, I stared at the strange meal as I had never seen such a meal before. She left me to my discomfort and started eating hers.

“What sort of food is this?” I asked but Claudia pretended not to hear me and continued devouring her meal, washing it down with water. I asked again and the same thing happened, I decided to keep quiet and wait for her reply. She took forever to eat the small food and when she was done, she stood up, cleaned her mouth and went towards where the door was. She locked them firmly, took her books and went over to where she lit a candle and started reading. I watched keenly and wondered what I did wrong for her to just ignore me the way and manner she just did. It was quite disrespectful and utterly rude of her, I was quite disappointed. I wrapped the food in a cloth and kept it in my bag.

“I am really disappointed; I didn’t expect such from you. I thought you were matured and all, it seems I was wrong. If you think I have wronged you in anyway, I expect you to discuss it with me rather than act like a little girl.” I said before setting up where I intended to lay my head. I was already on the spare bed and almost drifting to sleep before she decided to talk to me.

“I left my place of comfort to come to this immoral and dirty place to get you and keep you safe from yourself. I put myself in danger as I do this and right now, there is actually no assurance that I will get back home alive and yet, the man I do all this for finds it hard to trust me enough to tell me the truth. I have stayed away from your past because it is not my concern but lying to me over what might cost us both our lives is what is disappointing. It seems you think with your c.ock than with your head, which is not strange for an unlearned man.”

What is she rambling about now, what has my c.ock got to do with anything. Is she still mad because I told her I slept with a woman?

“If you want to fvck me, come out straight and tell me and stop going in circles. What exactly did I do to make you angry?”

“Don’t speak to me the way you talk to your w.hores, because frankly, I don’t care who you sleep with. I am angry because you allowed the same w.hore to follow you here, I mean how heated can one be. Can’t you control yourself; your wife has not been dead for a full moon yet. …”

“….Don’t you dare talk about my wife, leave her out of this….”

“ ……..You cared so much about her that you were busy going in and out of a woman some days back. We are been hunted by very dangerous people and the best thing you could do was tell your w.hore to tail so that while I sleep, you can fvck her!!!

I know you were with a woman few moments ago when I was calling your name. I don’t need magic to confirm that, the guilt in your eyes gave you away. You were thinking of yourself without considering the fact that she might have been followed.”

“…..She couldn’t have……”

" …. And how can you be so sure. I cannot trust your judgements anymore, we leave at dawn. I have always wondered why the best gifts are given to the dim-witted, and you have only added yourself to that list; shame on you.”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 11:07am On May 10, 2016
Bobolayefa:
as much as I enjoy and really love your stories, I hate to catch up with you.... as in ... the suspense is less if I only have to stop when I want to sleep or do something else but like this.... mehn.... this waiting is killing me... But if I die now , I don't get to know how the story ends so I'll endure... great one daddy Solo.. your plenty children are waiting....
.... Lol... Thanks bro.... I will keep to my schedule....
Missmossy:
Captivating story cheesy kudos.
..... Thanks dear....
Favou:
[h3]Mr Solomon sorry for posting unrelated comment here but seems you are most active here right now. I will like to know about your next installment in the last wolf:nemesis of love........ I got wind of a post where u said you won't be posting it on nairaland website.... So please make the necessary information available. Thanks I love ur Greek mythology post[/h3]
.... .... Umm... Yes.... I did say something like that... I will like to publish the book in one of the online stores.... So.. I am sort of rewriting the first two books,... Putting the things I intentionally omitted... The book will be out soon, you just have to be a little patient....
Cc.... Preciousbouy....

nekanzee:
begining to make some sense now. thanks for the update
... .... Thanks bro... Keep reading...
slimsue:
I really need to get my ghost mode deactivated. Dis is one he'll of a nice movie. Ride on Bro.
......thanks dear... Keep reading..
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 11:12am On May 10, 2016
SPDAZZY:
This is getting interesting. Ride on solomonbrown64
..... ... Thanks dear. .
Mutaino7:
In Rhyback voice *feed me more*
........thanks bro.....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by nekanzee(m): 12:01pm On May 10, 2016
like seriously kieran deserved more tongue lashing than what claudia is giving him now with another gifted man adding to the list of their pursuers thanks oga solo for the cool update.more

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 10, 2016
Hey man nice for replying so quickly. I have one more thing to say I know you really want to make money of your hard work but there is a catch.......I will ask that you please do a review of both price of book and payment options....... As much as I love your work, I can't gamble using my ATM card on an e-commerce website call me bush boy but that's just my conviction. So please once more let there be other options for those of us who are afraid to use the ATM purchase and I will like if you introduce the use of airtime voucher for purchase as well because I will hate to stop reading this story because of such constraint.......kudos to you man.

#The_last_wolf series

My 1kobo advice

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 11:42am On May 11, 2016
CONTINUED
KIERAN

Her words really got to me but I didn’t want her to win the day so I returned to my bed and pretended to be sleep. I have always been in control of my emotions, I knew when to release my feelings and when not to but my encounter with Vanessa changed all that. I was unusually careless and wild and yes I have been thinking of myself lately. I should be going after the men that killed my loved ones but I know that will be futile at this stage. I don’t have the means to get them; my only hope will be the so-called gift I have. Regardless of the fact that I can’t enact my vengeance immediately, I shouldn’t be playing the love game when we were quite far from safety. I trust that no one is tailing Vanessa because she is well trained and organized which Claudia doesn’t know yet. Still, I could harm her without such intentions if she uses her magic on Vanessa which will cause her to believe I was dining with the enemy to probably get to them. I have to be more observant because it seems Vanessa has a way of tailing us even without our tracks.

I am still unable to explain why I always fell the strange need to protect Vanessa or is it to be around her. Whenever she is close, I just lose myself to some forces I can’t explain. That has to stop because I am certain I am not in love with her, I don’t even like her. I will not be a slave to some magic or whatever; I must be in control of my feelings and mind. That’s what makes me the leader of my home and wherever I find myself, I must never discard the teachings of my father. For now, I will see it to it that I and Claudia get to her place where I can finally get answers to my questions, no more Vanessa and her strange pull.

I woke up just before dawn to find Claudia still reading, what’s in those books that won’t just let her be. I stood up and did the regular washing and all. I changed my clothes and set the bags on the horse. I wonder why she didn’t get another horse, we are putting quite some weight on this one and if we are in a situation where we are being chased, it might put us at a disadvantage. I decided to ask her why when I got back inside.

“I noticed you have avoided getting another horse which would have helped in reducing the load, why is that?” She stopped reading and faced me. For once, I actually looked carefully at her face and it surprised me that I didn’t get to see just how beautiful she is , up until now. She has a round face with red, plump lips. Her hair was brown and her eyes took the same colour, her nose was small but straight. The light from the candle seem to illuminate her face in a strange way which made her brown eyes very bright. She is slightly thick but it only added to her beauty. I wonder why I am just seeing all this now. She seemed to notice I was staring at her and that brought a little smile to her face.

“Well, I was firmly warned by Anna not to let you out of my sight because you are unpredictable and both times I have done that, you have done something silly. There won’t be a third time, I will watch you day and night till we arrive at our destination which shouldn’t take more than a day,”

“I am not a child that should be watched, I am a grown man who had a family till some days back. You are getting a horse at the next town.” She smiled yet again after my outburst and simply walked outside to mount the horse.

I mounted on the horse too and followed a narrow path at the back of the house. I felt like turning back but I didn’t and continued down the path. We rode for quite some time before we entered the main route that leads out of town. All that time, Claudia didn’t say anything to me, I thought of bringing something up but I changed my mind. When the silence was becoming unbearable, I decided to start a conversation,

“Where exactly is this place you are taking me?” I asked.

“It’s the forgotten lands.”

“I know, why is it named that way?”

“It’s a place reserved for those who have decided to serve humanity with their gifts. It was once called the home of the guardians but as men and women of magic decided to serve themselves instead of the society, the once bubbling place become a shadow of what it used to be. Now, the persons there are so few that the number of houses are even more than the people living there, it’s because of this it is now called the forgotten lands.”

“ I take it that there will be more women than men there.”

“I am sure that’s where your mind will drift to. Yes, the men are quite few.”

“I thought I would be the only male. So, what made decide to serve humanity rather than yourself?”

“Well, I think it was because my gift was unique. I see visions once in a while and I tend to be able to read and Interpret prophecies but I do not write. The gift of writing prophecies hasn’t been seen in anyone in a very long time. My gift itself is very rare and most powerful wizards will kill to have what I carry as one can make a lot of gold interpreting prophecies from books and whatever materials they have been written on. I was attracted to the forgotten lands because of the huge number of books they have on prophecies there. That was the only place that could satisfy my thirst for what I wanted.”

“ I take it that you never had it in mind to settle down and raise a family.”

“I have never really liked the idea of raising a family. There is no fun doing that, all you do is repeat the same things over and over again till the day of death. I don’t know how to take disappointments very well; I tend to lose myself to my emotions all the time. If I am with a man who has no gifts or even my children, I fear that I might harm during one of my outbursts. I almost killed my mum one night and when it happened a second time, I knew I had to leave.”

“I am sorry to hear that. I noticed that your journey routes seems to be taking us round the midlands, why can’t we go north, instead of going round?”

“We can’t because the route to my home through the north has been sealed off a long time ago. Don’t ask me why because I do not know myself. i…………..”
Claudia was cut off by the screams of a woman.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 11:43am On May 11, 2016
Favou:
Hey man nice for replying so quickly. I have one more thing to say I know you really want to make money of your hard work but there is a catch.......I will ask that you please do a review of both price of book and payment options....... As much as I love your work, I can't gamble using my ATM card on an e-commerce website call me bush boy but that's just my conviction. So please once more let there be other options for those of us who are afraid to use the ATM purchase and I will like if you introduce the use of airtime voucher for purchase as well because I will hate to stop reading this story because of such constraint.......kudos to you man.

#The_last_wolf series

My 1kobo advice
..... .... Yeah.... I am sure there are alternatives to ATM... Thanks for the suggestion...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by nekanzee(m): 11:58am On May 11, 2016
baba thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Lecturebidz(m): 12:09pm On May 11, 2016
Gat it!!! Tanx Sire.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by dimssy(m): 12:12pm On May 11, 2016
Oga Solomon,nice update...
I think as a writer,you love magic and all...went through you past stories...kudos.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 10:46am On May 12, 2016
CONTINUED
NYASA

I hid myself somewhere close to the edge of the woods. I was able to see what was going on from where I was, I saw Kieran speaking with a woman but I couldn’t see the person. I tried shifting from one end to another but it seems he was blocking from seeing the woman intentionally. They spoke for a while before she walked back in. From her back view, I could tell that she wasn’t an old woman. Her walk was steady and her feet firm on the ground. Her hips moved rhythmically and I must admit that she has got some on her. This wasn’t the grace of an old woman; she must be a witch for her to be able to change her body shape at will. But her gift is quite different from the normal witches; I wonder what sort of a witch she is. Kieran later followed her in but not after looking back at the woods, probably hoping I was out of sight. He shouldn’t be worried about me; I can take care of myself when it comes to fighting with a witch.
Soon, it was dark and when I was sure that they were asleep, I brought out the travel book and started writing to my master:

“I have been tailing them as you asked. They are now in Aydridrill, I am not certain of where they are headed but I know it’s not the midlands. They are only passing through. I was able to find out that the man’s name is Kieran and the woman who isn’t old has a special kind of gift. One I haven’t sensed before.” I dropped the feather and left the book opened just in case he replies me. , Master didn’t look like replying anytime soon so I decided to leave my hiding place and move a little close to the cabin. I moved close to the house and found most of it to be dark. I had to tread carefully though as the surroundings of the cabin had no trees for cover should any of them decide to come out. I saw a dim light coming from one of the little windows, I walked slowly to the window where the light was coming from and there I was able to see that it was the woman reading a book. She had her back facing the window which was quite silly to me. I mean what if someone had intentions of attacking her, how would she see the attack coming. I was upset because I still couldn’t see her face, why is that so impossible. I couldn’t see Kieran but I knew he was somewhere in the room. I waited where I was for sometime in the hope that I might get to see the woman’s face or get to know where they were headed.

I waited in vain as I didn’t get any of what I wanted. When it was close to dawn, I returned to my hiding place to find a message from master.

“That’s what I wanted from you. Keep on watching and when you are certain of where they are headed, let me know.” I closed the book and returned it to my bag. As soon as the sun was out, I saw them both walk out from the cabin and mounted the horse. Once again, I couldn’t see her face as she was putting on a cloak. I was getting frustrated with my inability to get more information. They didn’t return to the route in which they used in getting to the house, instead, they followed a path that goes through the back of the house.

“Fvck you both” I swore within me because my horse was a bit far from where I was and by the time I get back, they must have put some distance between me and them. I was dirty and sweaty as I haven’t had a proper bath for some time now. When they were out of sight, I ran as fast as I could to where I tied my horse but I was surprised to find an empty tree. This couldn’t be as this was the tree I tied the horse to, I checked for tracks for where the horse could have gone but I couldn’t find any. It was like the horse untied itself and disappeared. This must be the work of thieves but then who would come to this abandoned part of town to steal, something is not right here. I was getting really frustrated with how careless I have become. How do I hope to get my black leather back, how do I explain to master that I lost my identity, this is getting unbecoming of me.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I sensed the gift of someone close by, whoever took my horse was still very much around. I followed the beacon of the gift, careful not to make a sound and I soon found a gathering of people. They were about ten in number, they sat around a fire that was roasting some kind of meat, and at the tail end of their little circle was my horse. My heart leaped for joy, at least my things are still intact, I just have to find a way to get to it before they do. I waited for a while to see if there were any more of them but when no one showed up apart from those seated on the ground, I decided to go for my horse. I moved swiftly but carefully as I didn’t want to cause them to look away from their meal. They were talking about some of their adventures which unsurprisingly centred on the many wh0res they have fvcked.

Their accent was strange to me and was unable to tell where they hailed from. I was now some steps away from my horse; I stopped walking and checked around for any traps. There weren’t, so I moved to where my horse was and started untying it, I was done and had almost started moving it away from where it was when suddenly one of them stood up for whatever reason. Our eyes met and he immediately screamed that someone was stealing the horse. How could I possibly steal my horse, the rest of them quickly got up and started looking for their weapons. I mounted my horse and rode into the woods before they got themselves. Soon, I heard the sound of horses behind me; I hit my horse to go faster. I made sure I avoided the main path as I didn’t want to be hit by one of their weapons. Being in the woods will prevent them from shooting accurately and will just make them follow me.

Soon, I got to the cabin and I quickly followed the path Kieran rode a while ago. I knew I shouldn’t be riding through that path as I would lead them straight to him but I had no choice. I didn’t have the strength to best ten men alone and going back to town was a bad choice as I would have been caught before I got any help. The path was very narrow and this time, Kieran didn’t cover their tracks which made it quite easy for me to follow them. The path soon led to another bigger one and this became trouble for me as the men started shooting arrows desperately at me. I did my best to evade them but I couldn’t do that to all of them.

Eventually, I got hit on my right shoulder, the pain was excruciating, still I kept riding but when another hit my left shoulder, I couldn’t hold it anymore, I screamed with all I had, hoping I would be heard by Kieran. Their shootings showed that they didn’t want me dead but I knew that if they didn’t get to me sooner, they might change their minds.
They started shooting my horse when they saw that I wasn’t going to stop. The horse held on for a while but the shootings got to it, which made it collapse to the ground. I got off the dead animal, and started running but I didn’t get far as I was quickly surrounded by the strange looking men. As I looked around me, I cursed myself for getting carried by a man. My carelessness caused all this and I only have myself to blame.

7 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 10:48am On May 12, 2016
nekanzee:
baba thanks for the update
.... ... My pleasure.... Thanks for the consistent comments... I really appreciate it..

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 10:49am On May 12, 2016
Lecturebidz:
Gat it!!! Tanx Sire.
... ... You are welcome bro.. Keep reading...

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 10:51am On May 12, 2016
dimssy:
Oga Solomon,nice update...
I think as a writer,you love magic and all...went through you past stories...kudos.
.... ... Lol.. I have always loved stories about fantasy... And what better fantasy is there than magic...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by freestylelos(m): 11:07am On May 12, 2016
Am still here.......... Ride on

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by nekanzee(m): 11:19am On May 12, 2016
thats their chance to know their stalker i just hope the leather bag is caught with her with the message of her master.NICE UPDATE

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Taduma1(f): 11:24am On May 12, 2016
Dont wanna be a selfish type, so am gonna say your story got me glued to my phone 4rm day one. Such a nice story dat got my imaginary active. Thankz 4 de constant update...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Missmossy(f): 11:27am On May 12, 2016
Enthralling story,kudos.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by DandyPearl(f): 12:57pm On May 12, 2016
smiley one thing I can't help but think about is if Solomonbrown64 is a product of magic shocked. I mean look at the way he maneuvers between the two characters! Its soooo awesome cheesy
Kudos to you...
dandypearl is always your loyal MTNic follower grin

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Bobolayefa(m): 2:21pm On May 12, 2016
daddy daddy... we dey follow you like fly dey follow shit... E be like this guy don dey resemble our Naija guy Richard o... make im Dragon no put am for trouble o...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 12, 2016
Bros bros bros. This your update too small na, I hate to dey complain but Solomon why nau and u no dey update on time pls be consistent with your posting.......can't hide my disappointment seeing just one update. Please change o.

Nice story

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Niwdog(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2016
I love this story. Anticipating for the next update
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by remiseyi(m): 4:45pm On May 12, 2016
Nice piece....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jupitre(m): 5:47pm On May 12, 2016
Nice update bro solo..uv neva 4 once stopd to amaze me..i knw d sky z ur limit

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Bobolayefa(m): 10:47pm On May 12, 2016
daddy Solo how far na... is it because of the comments you did not give us our evening update?... if na only comments, I go comment full the page o...

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by slimsue(f): 3:00pm On May 13, 2016
Captivating as always, kip the update coming bro or else undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Bobolayefa(m): 4:45pm On May 13, 2016
Daddy Solo... I'm hungry... plssssss sad
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Bobolayefa(m): 4:47pm On May 13, 2016
Daddy, pls forgive us for not commenting enough.... but pls, look upon the number of views and have mercy on us
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 4:58pm On May 13, 2016
CONTINUED
KIERAN

I stopped the horse and asked myself why Vanessa would be screaming, revealing herself. What sort of a dumb spy is she anyway, I was really getting really tired of her, and she isn’t really worth the trouble. I came from the horse and decided to find out what’s with her; probably she has gotten herself into some real trouble. I expected Claudia to say something but she just stared at me, I could tell she knew it was my w.hore calling again. I looked away from her and walked the horse to one of the trees where I tied it. I didn’t want to say anything because I was really ashamed of myself and most importantly, I didn’t want Claudia to see Vanessa, she might get to her for whom she truly is. I set off to the direction when I was certain Claudia won’t be coming, as I ran , I looked around me for something I could use as weapon just in case she was in trouble. I didn’t get to take my bow and arrows because of the attack from Lucien’s men at the inn. I saw a fallen tree branch; I stopped and decided to break off the unwanted part that was when I saw an arrow stuck to a tree.

Actually, the arrows were more than one. Someone just shot the arrows as they weren’t here when we rode through this path a while back. Vanessa is in some real trouble then, I thought of going to get Claudia as it wouldn’t be safe leaving her there with only Magic to defend herself. I couldn’t be trying be to save someone I shouldn’t even be saving and leave the more important one in danger. Just as I was set to go after recovering some more arrows from the trees at the other end of the tree, which means the shooters were at least more than three and were quite relentless. I saw Claudia heading towards my direction; she was running a little which made her breasts go….. I removed such thoughts from my mind immediately I saw her face- it was monstrous. She was really angry and I couldn’t tell if it was because of me.

“I guess you were right, some dangerous people followed her as she tailed me for whatever reasons. They must have captured and probably started torturing her, hence the screams.”

“We both know the reason she was tailing you, do stop the pretence.”
I ignored her and started looking for tracks that didn’t belong to us as I didn’t clean ours off the road. I decided to continue my search from the woods as I felt these persons might be watching from somewhere.

“What is this woman to you that she can’t seem to let you be and you are unable to do the same either.” I didn’t answer so she continued.

“A wh0re’s business is to fvck and not run after customers, or did you fvck so well she forgot her trade rules. I am sure she is more than that; you are keeping the truth from me. Well, that won’t be for long as I intend to meet this woman and talk some sense into her. That’s if she is still alive.” I ignored her all through her little speech and continued looking for what shouldn’t be on the ground. After walking for some time, I found the place she was probably caught. They were a lot of tracks there but they were mostly that of horses, and in the middle was one of a woman, because of the size. There was nothing other than that there, which suggests the men managed to take her without coming down from their horses. That won’t matter though as the tracks of their horses would do the telling.

I moved along the path, careful now as her captors could be anywhere. We soon arrived at where her horse was killed, the beast was beautiful though.

“Such a waste.” I heard Claudia say.
We followed the tracks of the many horses till it led us back to the cabin where we heard voices. I stopped Claudia and told her to remain where she was. She didn’t like that and sought to continue following but I insisted. I took the arrows and walked through the woods until I was able to see the cabin from where I was. I watched for some time and discovered that they were two men at the door to the cabin, which meant the others were inside. I couldn’t attack head on as that will cause me to reveal myself and I couldn’t wait till night as I know they would have done some vile things to her before then. I decided to distract the men but Claudia stopped me and said she had a plan. I was furious at first with her for leaving where I asked her to stay put, but she ignored me and went towards the men at the door carrying some plants.

“Who might you be, old woman?” I heard one of them say with a very weird accent. Claudia has changed her look so fast.

“I should ask you that, young men. What are you both doing at my door?”

“Oh…..you live here?” I heard another ask before laughing. I wonder what was so amusing about everything. Suddenly, I saw the door of the cabin open and a big, tall man came out and asked what was amusing both men. They kept quiet immediately and looked towards where Claudia was standing.

“Hmmm….What strange gift do you carry there, old wo…………” Claudia didn’t allow him finish his sentence before throwing into the cabin by waving her right arm. The two door men rushed at Claudia after seeing that, removing their swords from their sheaths as they ran but they soon crumble to do the ground as I heard their necks snapped. I came out of my hiding place when I saw where the fight was heading. The remaining men came out from the cabin led by the big man who must have recovered from the crash. He administered the same treatment that Claudia did and she flew, crashing into me. I pushed her wrinkled body off me just in time to block the same blue flames at the inn again. I took the whole blast before standing to my feet. Claudia was screaming about pains in her back but I was more interested in the shocked look on their faces.

“Leave the woman, get the man. He is what we seek.” The big man barked before going back in. I geared myself ready for battle as I would finally get to put my anger into something useful. The first came at me with his sword but I missed his wild swing before burying an arrow to his neck. The remaining six decided to come in twos, I took up the dead man’s sword and threw an arrow at the man closest to me. He thwarted the arrow aside while I battled the other one. This one was a fighter though but I had to get rid of him quickly before the others join him. I drove my sword into him after catching the hand that wields his sword. The one I threw at an arrow at came after me when he saw I hadn’t removed my sword yet from his compatriot. I moved back due to his incessant swings, I stopped moving and he thought wise to come after directly. He struck his sword with his whole weight behind it; he missed the target and lost his balance in the process. I reacted quickest by burying the last arrow to his shoulder before stepping on right knee, breaking it in the process.

The others came at me but before they reached me, they collapsed with their necks looking to the extreme left of their target. I guess Claudia was getting tired of the bloody show. The big man came out with Vanessa who was looking really bad with her clothes torn in different places, especially around her breasts.

“I assume you are both here for her. I will kill her if the man doesn’t surrender to me.”
I didn’t say anything and I pulled Claudia to me, which surprised her. We remained that way and when the man saw that I wasn’t forth coming; he threw Vanessa to the ground out of anger and pointed his hands at her.

“I will burn her while you watch, surrender to me now.”
I stayed put and the man stretched forth hands, blue flames emerged which he threw at Vanessa. Claudia was trying to get away from to help Vanessa but I held on tight to her. The flames redirected back to its creator as soon as it got too close to Vanessa. The flames burnt the man to the ground; there was nothing of him after it was done. Claudia pushed me away from her and quickly performed the spell that changed her back to her real self.
How was she able to do it so quick the other time, I wondered. She ran towards Vanessa and looked deeply into her eyes. She didn’t find what she was looking for and quickly took holds of Vanessa’s hair, tossing it here and there, looking for something. She finally found her treasure and looked straight at me with mean looking eyes after;

“Your wh0re is the mad king’s spy and yet you couldn’t tell me. Are you…………just start talking Boy, before I do the unthinkable.” She threatened.
_____-__-_______________________________________
.... [b]... Am sorry for the late update.... Thanks for the comments....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Bobolayefa(m): 4:59pm On May 13, 2016
Daddy Solomon... Are you I'll? Did you get involved in an accident? Is it data? Are you hungry? Haven't you had something to eat since last night? Did any of your wives make you angry? What? Which of them? Shey it's that Egyptian woman? you see... don't marry from another country sef you no go hear.... So what do we do now? how can we get your attention back? Do you need a new wife or just a concubine to keep you warm your bed? Concubine? Just pick one of the ladies reading this thread na... should I suggest for you? try Dandypearl or missmossy na I know they'll make you happy... Daddy pls na
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 5:00pm On May 13, 2016
Bobolayefa:
Daddy, pls forgive us for not commenting enough.... but pls, look upon the number of views and have mercy on us
..... Lol, sorry for the late updates, I was a little busy today.. No vex.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

The Naughty Sisters / Shadows Of The Green / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.