Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:20 AM

Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! (8578 Views)

Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. / Should Teebiils Be Condemned Totally By Women For Not Living Up To Expectations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by crackhaus: 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
shaybebaby:

We'll all be gone tomorrow, why on earth you think it is just birds beats me.
All the more reason to live life to the fullest and not merely exist. YOLO. cool
And even if it's just plain co-habiting, kini big deal?
Marriage is no different from co-habiting...

You do realize though that married people don't like the sound of this, as there's this burning desire to appear more experienced in certain marital matters...yes? gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by crackhaus: 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
Kimoni:

@bolded - do you think religious beliefs are based on or coined from logic? Do you know of any that is? Which pls?
Lol...as the saying goes, science and religion don't mix.

Nothing about religion is logical, there's no way religious beliefs can be backed by logic - heck, 5000 people were fed using 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes.
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by Kimoni: 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
crackhaus:

Lol...as the saying goes, science and religion don't mix.

Nothing about religion is logical, there's no way religious beliefs can be backed by logic - heck, 5000 people were fed using 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes.

Of course it doesn't mix.

Crackhaus, let's deviate a bit. I need to understand something...

Would you feel threatened in any way or feel like your manhood has been taking away if your wife becomes the breadwinner? Is there a possibility you'll become suicidal if she's making it more than you are? And if not, what exactly is the problem with a woman becoming more successful than the man that seems to get at men so much?
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by Kimoni: 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
Arrrrhhhh see who is here! Timbuktou, can you help with the questions I just asked Crackhaus? Your sincere views.

We can take it to the boys thread if you guys wish.
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by shaybebaby(f): 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2016
crackhaus:

Marriage is no different from co-habiting...

You do realize though that married people don't like the sound of this, as there's this burning desire to appear more experienced in certain marital matters...yes? gringrin
You cracked me up with that. It might appear so but I have just stated my opinion based on my experience. I wouldn't invalidate someone else's opinion when their experience may differ from mine. Afterall we didn't shack up with the same person. grin This I am certain of, I imagine I would have noticed if there was a third person under my roof.
So far this has been about me, what's your story?
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by shaybebaby(f): 3:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
crackhaus:

Okay I'm interfering again, truth is I ended our exchange last night cos I needed to go offline...but I'm reading you here again typing the same thing about making use of a building not because it was a church but because of the sentimental attachment to the building.

Just to point me in the right direction, I'll just ask you directly:
Did you take Christian vows during your wedding, and was it officiated by a pastor/priest?
I made the vows because it was required as part of the ceremony and as such repeated what I was instructed to say. But I was present at the ceremony in the first place because of the love I had for then partner. The vows, mere motion of exercise.
In my heart, the promise I made was to love him to the best of MY ABILITY. I gave 10 years of that so trust me, I gave it a good go and didn't quite on a whim.
And FYI, the pastor/ priest thing is not a big deal, why? I could officiate your wedding if you, do a course online, get certified and viola! You have me, conducting a religious ceremony to suit your style in your back garden if you wish.
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by shaybebaby(f): 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
Kimoni:

Fair points. But this particular case is made easier because you've not only admitted to knowing(and presumably understanding) these particular set of beliefs but also getting married within the tenets of this religion; so again, why should we exclude when we are all on the same page?
Because by stating as such, your simply asking me to take your word for it and not explaining why I should.
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
shaybebaby:

It matters not to one jot to me what you think. The very tone of your questions is laced with bitterness and anger.
You are entitled to your opinions and whatever floats your boat, that's your ish. I do not seek your validation nor is it required.
Not matter what you say, or think..it makes no difference. You are insignificant in the greater scheme of things. Enjoy wallowing in darkness. cool

Widow......
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by edwife(f): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
Kimoni:

Would you feel threatened in any way or feel like your manhood has been taking away if your wife becomes the breadwinner? Is there a possibility you'll become suicidal if she's making it more than you are? And if not, what exactly is the problem with a woman becoming more successful than the man that seems to get at men so much?

Boys thread, i know why you asked. grinwink

crackhaus, tim boys please. smiley
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by shaybebaby(f): 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
njokusboy:

Widow......
Lol! Saddo....get a life...a real one.
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by crackhaus: 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2016
Kimoni:

Kimoni:
Arrrrhhhh see who is here! Timbuktou, can you help with the questions I just asked Crackhaus? Your sincere views.

We can take it to the boys thread if you guys wish.
Will respond there in a bit..
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by crackhaus: 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
shaybebaby:

I made the vows because it was required as part of the ceremony and as such repeated what I was instructed to say. But I was present at the ceremony in the first place because of the love I had for then partner. The vows, mere motion of exercise.
In my heart, the promise I made was to love him to the best of MY ABILITY. I gave 10 years of that so trust me, I gave it a good go and didn't quite on a whim.
And FYI, the pastor/ priest thing is not a big deal, why? I could officiate your wedding if you, do a course online, get certified and viola! You have me, conducting a religious ceremony to suit your style in your back garden if you wish.
The vows, a mere motion of exercise for you... Lol .. Wow grin

I take it then that you were present in that church, standing in front of an officiating minister, and taking the sacred Christian marital vows...all because of the love you had for your 'then' partner - it was all his idea I presume.

I understand now, thanks for responding. smiley
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by crackhaus: 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
shaybebaby:

You cracked me up with that. It might appear so but I have just stated my opinion based on my experience. I wouldn't invalidate someone else's opinion when their experience may differ from mine. Afterall we didn't shack up with the same person. grin This I am certain of, I imagine I would have noticed if there was a third person under my roof.
So far this has been about me, what's your story?
My story...well my story isn't nearly as fun as yours considering how you've been there and back. tongue gringrin
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by shaybebaby(f): 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
crackhaus:

My story...well my story isn't nearly as fun as yours considering how you've been there and back. tongue gringrin
And when I die, I will be singing " I did it myyyyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaaay".
Your story is not interesting? Nahhhh, don't give me that. If it is indeed true, you need to get out there and give life a chance.
Even in pain, there lies the opportunity to grow. One of the most painful things I ever dealt with was also the most revealing. It forced me to redefine happiness. I appreciate the lesson learned and still learning from it.
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by shaybebaby(f): 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
crackhaus:

The vows, a mere motion of exercise for you... Lol .. Wow grin

I take it then that you were present in that church, standing in front of an officiating minister, and taking the sacred Christian marital vows...all because of the love you had for your 'then' partner - it was all his idea I presume.

I understand now, thanks for responding. smiley
I could stand in another church, a registry, on a beach somewhere and say exactly the same words.
Intent rather than mere words is everything.
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by crackhaus: 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
shaybebaby:

And when I die, I will be singing " I did it myyyyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaaay".
Your story is not interesting? Nahhhh, don't give me that. If it is indeed true, you need to get out there and give life a chance.
Even in pain, there lies the opportunity to grow. One of the most painful things I ever dealt with was also the most revealing. It forced me to redefine happiness. I appreciate the lesson learned and still learning from it.
Lol, trust me I have been out there..done, seen, experienced, and still living out some crazy shiit.

Truth is, I would be biased if I gave my opinion on cohabitation vs marriage cos I have ample experience only in the former...and it's been mostly good.
The next phase is not so far away wink
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by crackhaus: 9:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
shaybebaby:

I could stand in another church, a registry, on a beach somewhere and say exactly the same words.
Intent rather than mere words is everything.
The vows shaybebaby, the vows...lol.

They're CHRISTIAN vows, that be my point. gringrin
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by shaybebaby(f): 9:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
crackhaus:

The vows shaybebaby, the vows...lol.

They're CHRISTIAN vows, that be my point. gringrin
My bad, lol. Too late innit...
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by shaybebaby(f): 9:22pm On Apr 28, 2016
crackhaus:

Lol, trust me I have been out there..done, seen, experienced, and still living out some crazy shiit.

Truth is, I would be biased if I gave my opinion on cohabitation vs marriage cos I have ample experience only in the former...and it's been mostly good.
The next phase is not so far away wink
Then from the bottom of my heart, I wish you and your intended the best. The next phase will be whatever you make of it.
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
So so so true. Some women are something else. They can lie and try to spoil other women's marriage deliberately or indeliberately.
My friend once told me how a neighbor of hers used to tell her how my friend's husband is not trying because they had no furniture in their house yet. (they had been married for abt a year or so). My friend started feeling bad. U wont believe that she later saw for herself that this said neighbor did not have a furnished house either!
My female neigbor whom I am friendly with told me something my Husband did didn't seem right. I angrily told my Husband what she said. He in turn got angry cos I took sides with an outsider and even took negative advice from her. No be small quarrel that day o. All untop wetin third party put for my mind. I knew what the real situation was cos my Husband and I discuss everything but my neighbor made me feel otherwise. Its even funnier cos I witnessed the incident. After that day, more sense came upon me to be careful who I listen to. My Husband reported her to her husband (his friend) who warned her to desist from interfering in other ppl's matter. Esp those she isn't really familiar with cos we newly packed into the place. N I can honestly say she had no ill-intention but still...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by Kimoni: 10:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
Loisemm:
So so so true. Some women are something else. They can lie and try to spoil other women's marriage deliberately or indeliberately.
My friend once told me how a neighbor of hers used to tell her how my friend's husband is not trying because they had no furniture in their house yet. (they had been married for abt a year or so). My friend started feeling bad. U wont believe that she later saw for herself that this said neighbor did not have a furnished house either!
My female neigbor whom I am friendly with told me something my Husband did didn't seem right. I angrily told my Husband what she said. He in turn got angry cos I took sides with an outsider and even took negative advice from her. No be small quarrel that day o. All untop wetin third party put for my mind. I knew what the real situation was cos my Husband and I discuss everything but my neighbor made me feel otherwise. Its even funnier cos I witnessed the incident. After that day, more sense came upon me to be careful who I listen to. My Husband reported her to her husband (his friend) who warned her to desist from interfering in other ppl's matter. Esp those she isn't really familiar with cos we newly packed into the place. N I can honestly say she had no ill-intention but still...

grin grin grin
Somebody cannot even do small gbeborun with you, you'll just go like that and vomit everything to your husband undecided
Anyways, thank God you received sense at last. God bless your home.
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
Kimoni:

grin grin grin
Somebody cannot even do small gbeborun with you, you'll just go like that and vomit everything to your husband undecided
Anyways, thank God you received sense at last. God bless your home.
Looolzzz. Amen. No mind me my sister. I told my Hubby cos I was angry. After I pleaded with Him not to go to the woman's husband but for where. He went o.
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by crackhaus: 11:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
shaybebaby:

My bad, lol. Too late innit...
Yea, too late.. But better late than someone going insane, or worse, dying from heartbreak grin
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by crackhaus: 11:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
shaybebaby:

Then from the bottom of my heart, I wish you and your intended the best. The next phase will be whatever you make of it.
Thanks for the wishes.
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by TV01(m): 12:26am On Apr 30, 2016
shaybebaby:
Anyways, I am going through a divorce right now and would advocate it when all else fails. The most important thing is determining when the horse is well and truly dead. At that point, it's time to move on.

So there! One divorce advocate present.!!! grin grin
As a marriage advocate, I would typically be saddened to hear this. I'd even take the "divorce advocate" remark as evidence of you hurting, and let it pass.

Then you said this;
Marriage is no different to a relationship

And this;
My marriage didn't fail because of the usual reasons i.e abuse, infidelity or even absence of love. Relationships are more complex than that.

Also this;
Morality has no place in this discourse, rather reason.

Along with the rest of your self-serving posts to justify your vain pursuit of "happiness" (strictly for yourself), your willingness to blame the union's breakdown on your husband, damning him in his failures - as asserted by you - whilst generously clearing yourself of yours, although you instituted the divorce?

You even claiming you loved and still him, while crowing about your "new love" - and before the papers are even finalised - and yet questioning the permanence of the new (which is really indicative of your wholesale character deficiency).

And not a mention that the potential long-term, even generational impairment to your childs well-being went singularly unremarked on. It was all about your self-absorbed navel-gazing.

And you were adamant in rejecting any notion of God or religion. But I guess one who worships self would have too. You obviously lack a sense of irony too.

A real losers mantra and failure' charter - "kini big deal" indeed.

Please un-follow me. I know it's not because you like me or my posts, but the thought of there being any connection between us is positively stultifying.

TV

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by shaybebaby(f): 9:18am On Apr 30, 2016
TV01:

As a marriage advocate, I would typically be saddened to hear this. I'd even take the "divorce advocate" remark as evidence of you hurting, and let it pass.

Then you said this;

And this;

Also this;

Along with the rest of your self-serving posts to justify your vain pursuit of "happiness" (strictly for yourself), your willingness to blame the union's breakdown on your husband, damning him in his failures - as asserted by you - whilst generously clearing yourself of yours, although you instituted the divorce?

You even claiming you loved and still him, while crowing about your "new love" - and before the papers are even finalised - and yet questioning the permanence of the new (which is really indicative of your wholesale character deficiency).

And not a mention that the potential long-term, even generational impairment to your childs well-being went singularly unremarked on. It was all about your self-absorbed navel-gazing.

And you were adamant in rejecting any notion of God or religion. But I guess one who worships self would have too. You obviously lack a sense of irony too.

A real losers mantra and failure' charter - "kini big deal" indeed.

Please un-follow me. I know it's not because you like me or my posts, but the thought of there being any connection between us is positively stultifying.

TV
And yet with all of these, the sun rises spectacularly, earth spins within its own axis.
You really think that your thoughts, words and opinions make an iota of difference outside your tiny little sphere of existence.
NEWS FLASH..IT DOESN'T. nothing has changed, will change or ever change as a result of your little diatribe. So there, refrain from commenting in future okay, save yourself the time.
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by bukatyne(f): 11:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by 5minsmadness: 11:14am On May 02, 2016
Lesbians undecided

1 Like

Re: Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him! by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 06, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Really Love The Person You Married? / Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? / See As Husband Is Whipping Wife Mercilessly With A Belt (must See For All Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.