Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? (8604 Views)

Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? / Understanding The Verse Of "Beating One's Wife" / Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Demmzy15(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:

its just after 12 joor....less than 7hrs to go....you too like food jere...undecided
Toh, I go manage hol am!!! cry

2 Likes

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by tintingz(m): 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:

that is the exact problem I have with some Muslims here, do you practice Islam for them? that shouldn't be your reason, satisfying non-muslims shouldn't be your aim.
This is not about satisfying non-muslims, this is about those who are doing research about Islam and want to convert/revert. They come across this thread and start reading comments about Islam supporting wife-beating or how are you going to convince a non-muslim who's ready to convert to Islam but find the wife-beating disturbing.

Am very sure many Muslims don't even know nor understand this said verse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
tintingz:
This is not about satisfying non-muslims, this is about those who are doing research about Islam and want to convert/revert. They come across this thread and start reading comments about Islam supporting wife-beating or how are you going to convince a non-muslim who's ready to convert to Islam but find the wife-beating disturbing.

I think you are exaggerating the "beating"...... That has been explained for any rational person to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by tintingz(m): 2:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I think you are exaggerating the "beating"...... That has been explained for any rational person to comprehend.
Don't even mention @bolded because the verse clearly said "beat them" how do you expect a rational thinker or someone with another belief understand the way we Muslims understand it ?

1 Like

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
tintingz:
Don't even mention @bolded because the verse clearly said "beat them" how do you expect a rational thinker or someone with another belief understand the way we Muslims understand it ?

did you bother reading the explanations made? again you are exaggerating the "beating"
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
as you can see, I had problem with the beating initially which was why I opened this thread, but with proper research I came to realise that there are conditions attached, not beating for just anything, plus the beating is a light one, which is not done for the purpose of revenging, but for a psychological reason to bring the woman to her senses

1 Like

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Empiree: 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
tintingz:
Good.

The reason I asked does questions is for non-muslims who are reading or will come across this thread beacuse they wont understand, this thread will give their references on tagging Islam a sexism religion and support domestic violence on women.

I think the OP post is even better as some scholars have that same interpretation of the verse.
No problem. Dont worry about non-muslims. They are hypocrites. Even if you try to satisfy them, they still gonna find a way to criticize. They can say whatever they want. Almost everything they criticized islam and muslims for they do.

For instance, they criticize female genital mutilation(FGM). We know it is un-islamic. But unfortunately some muslims and non muslims do it in Africa and Asia. Oyinbo went over there criticising it. They called it "barbaric". But Michael Jackson mutilated his body, there are bunch of black in Nija turned 'yellow' or 'white'. How about Oyinbo people who used bottocks?. If you see the process of bottocks before it completes, they look ugly. But they called these things fashion. This is deception. But in reality, it is body mutilation. If you google the process of their bleaching, bottocks etc before it becomes stable, they look uglier them FGM.

Same thing with wife beating. They beat the holy crap out of their women. And their women also put up fight with them sometimes. The difference is, authority usually get involved in the West. So you can see why they have "domestic violence" campaign against women in the west bcus it exists. Don't let them preach to you. They have no moral to do that. I understand what Qur'an is saying with respect to that verse. It is never obligatory. It is necessity. And even at that, figh clearly describes such scolding in a way that does not leaves marks or scars on her body.

So forget about non-muslims. They have no moral grounds to tell us what is right or wrong. Only men from among us we need to put in check. The verse was NEVER an order for violence against women.
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
Empiree:
No problem. Dont worry about non-muslims. They are hypocrites. Even if you try to satisfy them, they still gonna find a way to criticize. They can say whatever they want. Almost everything they criticized islam and muslims for they do.

For instance, they criticize female genital mutilation(FGM). We know it is un-islamic. But unfortunately some muslims and non muslims do it in Africa and Asia. Oyinbo went over there criticising it. They called it "barbaric". But Michael Jackson mutilated his body, there are bunch of black in Nija turned 'yellow' or 'white'. How about Oyinbo people who used bottocks?. If you see the process of bottocks before it completes, they look ugly. But they called these things fashion. This is deception. But in reality, it is body mutilation. If you google the process of their bleaching, bottocks etc before it becomes stable, they look uglier them FGM.

Same thing with wife beating. They beat the holy crap out of their women. And their women also put up fight with them sometimes. The difference is, authority usually get involved in the West. So you can see why they have "domestic violence" against women in the west bcus it exists. Don't let them preach to you. They have no moral to do that. I understand what Qur'an is saying with respect to that verse. It is never obligatory. It is necessity. And even at that, figh clearly describes such scolding in a way that does not leaves marks or scars on her body.

So forget about non-muslims. They have no moral grounds to tell us what is right or wrong. Only men from among us we need to put in check. The verse was NEVER an order for violence against women.

A post made FP on nl about FGM, where I gave support for it and my reasons, they almost had my head that day, saying it has complications and bla bla bla, I wonder if it's complicated than those changing their genders, yet you dont see them criticizing.....
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Empiree: 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
tintingz:

Don't worry too much. But i understand your concern. I am glad you said "those who are doing research". They will find out through their research what it truly means. Their conversion can only be made possible by Allah's permission. dont worry too much. Everything is in the open already. You will be surprised sometimes if you watch some conversion stories on YouTube. They would convert over silly things you could never imagine. As you can see today marks 15th yr of WTC attack. Despite marginalization of muslims, there are people who converted same day and few days after that incident. So dont worry too much about non-muslims.
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Empiree: 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:

A post made FP on nl about FGM, where I gave support for it and my reasons, they almost had my head that day, saying it has complications and bla bla bla, I wonder if it's complicated than those changing their genders, yet you dont see them criticizing.....
I even missed out @underlined. Exactly, they dont see noting wrong with that. It is nothing but "fashion" to them.
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
Empiree:
I even missed out @underlined. Exactly, they dont see noting wrong with that. It is nothing but "fashion" to them.

Iblees making good things look bad and bad things look good...

1 Like

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
Demmzy15:
Toh, I go manage hol am!!! cry

How fa na?! Hope you've not gone unconscious grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by tintingz(m): 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:

did you bother reading the explanations made? again you are exaggerating the "beating"
I understand the explanations but we are talking about beating grown up women. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
tintingz:
I understand the explanations but we are talking about beating grown up women. undecided

sight is useless if you don't have insight.
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by tintingz(m): 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
Empiree:

Same thing with wife beating. They beat the holy crap out of their women. And their women also put up fight with them sometimes. The difference is, authority usually get involved in the West. So you can see why they have "domestic violence" campaign against women in the west bcus it exists. Don't let them preach to you. They have no moral to do that. I understand what Qur'an is saying with respect to that verse. It is never obligatory. It is necessity. And even at that, figh clearly describes such scolding in a way that does not leaves marks or scars on her body.

Thank you for the response. smiley

The FGM and Michael Jackson mutilated his body or someone bleaching, body enhancement, bum lift etc are different cases.

The former is not by the female choice while the latter is their choice.
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
tintingz:

What do you understand by beating?

Striking the wife shouldn't be done harshly or cause harm, rather it should be as light as striking with a siwak.
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by tintingz(m): 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
Contact17:

What do you understand by beating?
beat·ing ˈbēdiNG/
noun
1. a punishment or assault in which the victim is hit repeatedly.

^That's what a rational person will understand.

Striking the wife shouldn't be done harshly or cause harm, rather it should be as light as striking with a siwak.
Striking a grown up woman.

It seems my own sef too much, make I jejeli exit thread before boda Rilwayne001 and Lanrexlan will come and knock me for head. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Rilwayne001: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
tintingz:

It seems my own sef too much, make I jejeli exit thread before boda Rilwayne001 and will come and knock me for head. cheesy

Lol. I will never knock you on your head. I don't think anything will ever make me beat my future wife no matter how light it is going to be. Even with a siwak grin grin

I've never seen my dad beat my mum no matter how light. The worst he would do is to say: "koburu" and walk away, and by the following day, they are back together after when my mum must have apologized. This is the kind of husband I want to be.

Even my younger sisters, I don't beat them, why would I then support wife beating? No no that's not the kind of person I am.

I get angry, but the technique I normally employ is to walk away from the source of what's making me angry, by the time I'm back my head would've cooled off.

In a nutshell, we all know our women are belligerent, what we need most is to be very very patient with them. When you say we shouldn't hit them hard, will beaten them softly with a siwak' change they attitude? She will just say, "after all he's going to beat me with a siwak', and not really hard, I won't feel much pain, let me provoke him". Then what is the essence of the light beating?

Patientce is what we need in marriage.. Real patience.

Been a while my kind sire, hope you're fine?
My sallah meat tomorrow abegg' wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by lanrexlan(m): 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Lol. I will never knock you on your head. I don't think anything will ever make me beat my future wife no matter how light it is going to be. Even with a siwak grin grin

I've never seen my dad beat my mum no matter how light. The worst he would do is to say: "koburu" and walk away, and by the following day, they are back together after when my mum must have apologized. This is the kind of husband I want to be.

Even my younger sisters, I don't beat them, why would I then support wife beating? No no that's not the kind of person I am.

I get angry, but the technique I normally employ is to walk away from the source of what's making me angry, by the time I'm back my head would've cooled off.

In a nutshell, we all know our women are belligerent, what we need most is to be very very patient with them. When you say we shouldn't hit them hard, will beaten them softly with a siwak' change they attitude? She will just say, "after all he's going to beat me with a siwak', and not really hard, I won't feel much pain, let me provoke him". Then what is the essence of the light beating?

Ma sha Allah! May Allah bless you for the bold. You just nailed it!

Jazakumullah khairan.
Nabi is the greatest example and there are no reports of wife beating.

On a side note, it is being a long time. Where have you been brother?

Owo ni da? Wey my money? Una and tintingz still dey owe me oo. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Rilwayne001: 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
lanrexlan:
Ma sha Allah! May Allah bless you for the bold. You just nailed it!

Jazakumullah khairan.
Nabi is the greatest example and there are no reports of wife beating.

On a side note, it is being a long time. Where have you been brother?

I just decided to lay low ni' jare.. I don't have much time like I used to, And the country isn't smiling at all.

I should be asking you as well because you just went away without leaving any notice.

Owo ni da? Wey my money? Una and tintingz still dey owe me oo. grin grin grin
grin grin
I truly owe, but I don't seem to remember again? Is it about that vedaxcol's thread? Remind me please
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by lanrexlan(m): 11:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I just decided to lay low ni' jare.. I don't have much time like I used to, And the country isn't smiling at all.

I should be asking you as well because you just went away without leaving any notice.
May Allah assits us my dear brother and grants us the best.

Lol, no mind me oo. I was just saddled with many things ni jare

Rilwayne001:
grin grin
I truly owe, but I don't seem to remember again? Is it about that vedaxcol's thread? Remind me please
Nah, All the jingo wey I do for you for Mr Nl nko? undecided There is nothing free even in freetown biko, kindly pay up and tintingz too wink wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Rilwayne001: 11:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
lanrexlan:

Ameen smiley

Nah, All the jingo wey I do for you for Mr Nl nko? undecided There is nothing free even in freetown biko, kindly pay up and tintingz too wink wink smiley

shocked shocked grin lmao, that was 2years ago.. You still remember, lol.

Well, Mr nl wasn't as momentous as it is currently. Plus I came 10th out of 50guys undecided
Tintingz is now our baba' isale' sha, he will certainly pay you, both mine and his. wink wink
Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by tintingz(m): 12:22am On Sep 12, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Well said brother. smiley

Alhamdulilah, I'm doing fine and don't worry ehn.. I will e-mail you your sallah meat. tongue wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by tintingz(m): 12:27am On Sep 12, 2016
lanrexlan:

Boda Lanre haba, you never forget. Anyways Nigeria economy is not smiling at all cry so maybe when the price of garri don come down I will settle you biko nu. wink

1 Like

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Empiree: 4:45am On Sep 12, 2016
I think there is too much focus on "beating" which might be off the context of the verse. "Beating" as brothers described here is off. Qur'an is not talking about common arguments at all. We need to read the verse in its wider context to grasp the message. It is easy to say "I can't beat my wife". Yes, i can't beat my wife either for petty things or for not doing house shores. That's not what Qur'an is saying. Not at all. What Qur'an is dealing with here is something of big importance that can jeopardize your marriage. You have to act and stand up like a man otherwise, she's going to walk all over you.

Just like when Qur'an says to cut off thief's hand. Does that mean cutting off an hungry man who steals to survive?. No. Qur'an is talking about BIG THIEVES like politicians, IMF etc. Something qintar (something of gold or big value).

One example of such can be, say for instance, you return from work only to find your wife (that you maintain and spend your money on) with another man in your bedroom. This is not something you can walk away from anymore. This is something you MUST act on. I understood the verse long ago and it is never an issue to me simply bcus it is not about common arguments where you start punching her. No. The verse is talking about something that may take your marriage to the rock or jeopardize your children as well. Dont focus too much on "beating".

You can't just walk away from her knowing fully well she just had intercourse with another man. If you do that, trust me, she will do it again and again and again. Then you have to act. See how Qur'an brilliantly lined it up with example i just gave. It says:

# to admonish her first (knowing fully well she slept with another man)

# it says to sleep in a separate bed if she doesn't heed your advice (knowing fully well she slept with another man)

# and lastly, it say to hit her like hitting equivalent with toothbrush (your wife that slept with another man?).

Which man would go through this process in this day and age just advising her in this regards without beating holy crap out of her the first time?. I posted this video earlier and this is it again. Watch and digest it. This is not about common argument that would lead to beating her every now and then. The verse must be talking about something big. That's why I cited just one example. There are many. And ofcourse, a man may choose to just walkway by going to court to dissolve the marriage. But if you want to save your marriage, what are you going to do?. You can't just walk away and keep mute. I am a practical person. This is why i cited this example bcus I am not going to deceive myself. Before you know it, your second child belongs to another man bcus you acting cool.

So this is not about my wife refuses to do shopping for me so I am going to beat her for that. La la la. No no no. That's not the point at all. I can walk away if she's just lousy, i can walk away if she's just being abusive to me, I can walk away if she's just annoying, I can walk away if she refuses to do my laundry, i can walk away if she's talkative, aggressive etc. All these are cheap stuff and a good husband should not be Mike Tyson just to prove himself. But I can't walk away if she maltreats our children. Are you getting the point brothers and sisters?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XO8_cEIxr0

Anyways, y'all owe me MEAT and I want NECK and THIGH kiss cry

2 Likes

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 12, 2016
^^ I just had to stop talking when he kept emphasising on beating(exaggerated)....

1 Like

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 12, 2016
Empiree:

Anyways, y'all owe me MEAT and I want NECK and THIGH kiss cry

You don't want head and legs of chicken undecided

1 Like

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Empiree: 11:17am On Sep 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

You don't want head and legs of chicken undecided
Cus neck/thigh got good meat grin grin grin

Them used to tell us those days that alfa who slaughter your ram for you is entitled to NECK. And them make it sound like it is some Qur'anic injunction and a must to have the neck shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? by Empiree: 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
Sorry, i just have to post this video for illustration purposes. Watch the first 30mins. It portrays ABUSE not sanctioned by Islam. So for clarity, I am not in support of this. My position is clear as i clarified in my last post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ8lBuCyxzg

The first 30mins portrays obedient wife. So whats beating her for?.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Islamic Ruling On Black Friday / Describe Your Dream Nikaah / Eid: What You Need To Know About Udhiya (slaughtering Animals For Allah)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.