Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari (27903 Views)

Buhari's Deputies In 1985 Vs In 2017 - By Stanley Nwabia / President Buhari States Reason Why He Was Removed From Office In 1985 / I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by danla44(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
New Nigeria

Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by hakbab: 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2016
I just can't understand why some people can't pick what PMB is saying, he is trying to justify why naira should not be devalue simple.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
TPAND:
Buhari is looking n becoming more or less like a vegetable . But I assure you, your ouster in 2019, we bring about a resuscitation of our crumbling glory.
Buhari will win the second term for 2019. Whether you like it or not. There is nothing you can do about it.
Haters go insane.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by thesicilian: 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
erico2k2:
Another Ogoro bar talk
Oya talk ya own and drink ya beer make u leave me for my self
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by thesicilian: 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
VictorRomanov:

Ok. My dad used to have a volks wagen Santana. Thats a fact!

What about now?

Hmmm....
Hahahaha
That your fact is useless to me as an outsider to your family. But if I were a member of your family, I would most probably have learnt all the advantages and disadvantages of owning Volkswagen products, which might help me make an informed decision when next I'm purchasing another car...

In the same vein, knowing how far we have come as a nation, especially with regards to naira devaluation, will help us learn a lot of lessons and avoid mistake repetition.

History is an important part of the future.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by VictorRomanov: 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
thesicilian:

Hahahaha
That your fact is useless to me as an outsider to your family. But if I were a member of your family, I would most probably have learnt all the advantages and disadvantages of owning Volkswagen products, which might help me make an informed decision when next I'm purchasing another car...

In the same vein, knowing how far we have come as a nation, especially with regards to naira devaluation, will help us learn a lot of lessons and avoid mistake repetition.

History is an important part of the future.

History is very important I agree. That's if we learn from it. But so far we re just repeating the mistakes and not learning from them. You think not devaluing or devaluing the naira would improve our economy if we don't start producing what we consume? It won't.

.....and about the santana. We were still very small and knew nothing about vehicles then, so the fact is kinda useless to us.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by TPAND(f): 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
Buhari will win the second term for 2019. Whether you like it or not. There is nothing you can do about it.
Haters go insane.

Ok. It's an open ballot system. May the best man win

1 Like

Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by TPAND(f): 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
Haters go insane.

Ok. It's an open ballot system. May the best man win

1 Like

Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by thesicilian: 6:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
VictorRomanov:

History is very important I agree. That's if we learn from it. But so far we re just repeating the mistakes and not learning from them. You think not devaluing or devaluing the naira would improve our economy if we don't start producing what we consume? It won't.

.....and about the santana. We were still very small and knew nothing about vehicles then, so the fact is kinda useless to us.

So the way forward is to diversify the economy. Stop the blame games. Fight corruption. All these will take patience, hard work and dedication.

Instead of criticizing our President all the time, let's join hands with him to make it work. He may not be a Harvard graduate but he appears to be street smart
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by VictorRomanov: 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2016
thesicilian:

So the way forward is to diversify the economy. Stop the blame games. Fight corruption. All these will take patience, hard work and dedication.

Instead of criticizing our President all the time, let's join hands with him to make it work. He may not be a Harvard graduate but he appears to be street smart

I am doing my part by offering him constructive criticisms, much like my earlier comments. Giving us facts without actions won't do much good!

1 Like

Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by breakeven: 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
Yea you are right. It was one dullard who kicked out another dullard. No wonder the Naira died.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by piagetskinner(m): 7:22pm On Apr 23, 2016
I have never seen where politician's accept responsibility for their mistakes....

They either blame this party of that party
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by piagetskinner(m): 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
piagetskinner:
I have never seen where politician's accept responsibility for their mistakes....

They either blame this party or that party
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by bikefab(m): 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
...and d blame game momentarily leaves GEJ and moves to IBB. Kwontinue Mr PMB d man of change, God is watching u on 3D
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
So your vote for him is to continue with his stale sermon that does nobody good, innit?
thesicilian:
He's saying the truth

In 1984 when he left office the naira was 76kobo to the dollar, soon after IBB entered it became N2+ in 1986, and by the time IBB was through with the Nigerian economy in 1993, the naira had collapsed from 76kobo to N22+
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by Jobos(m): 7:42pm On Apr 23, 2016
VictorRomanov:

You are very well on point, we must reduce our importation and produce locally by that we control our spending and exchange rate. Buhari can not be intimidated by some thiefs that have kill this country through importation of fuel and subsidy. We dont have reserve of petroL, reason why we panic at a call for strike. America has reverse that will sustain her for 50 year if petrol is extinct out of the word.

This was how PMB started the correction before he was saked in 1985. Let allow him die before burying him.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by KissCODE(m): 7:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
pressplay411:

Truth is bitter.
Even IBB and his family must find you people stupid for defending their crime against this nation.
This isn't even blame game cos he's taking responsibility while calling out those who brought us to this state.
If he's lying let them defend themselves and stop fighting the only person fighting for you and your country... Pls.
the worst thing to happen to a human being is “reading without understanding.“
I can remember defending IBB.

Our president have been talking about our yesterday‘s failure without mentioning solution for the present.

Thats my point young man.

1 Like

Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by nelcliff(m): 7:50pm On Apr 23, 2016
@OP, pls is tht our president alongside ur post or his grand father......thanks in advance for your answer.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by Jobos(m): 7:50pm On Apr 23, 2016
KissCODE:
the worst thing to happen to a human being is “reading without understanding.“
I can remember defending IBB.

Our president have been talking about our yesterday‘s failure without mentioning solution for the present.

Thats my point young man.
How else do you want him to put it, no devaluation but local productions of all our consumptions. The riches that benefit from importation dont what him to achieve this.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by KissCODE(m): 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
ibisko04:

Making reference to the past does not mean blames.
It is just one of the ways a solutions will be finds to the present predicament.
i am not doubting you but take a look at what GMB/APC have been saying since they took over in May last year.

They have been telling us about failures & mistakes of yesteryears without ever providing solution for one of them.

From fuel to light to food to economy.

I think if this governement devotes the same amount of energy & resources they expend in blaming game & talking about the past into seeking for solutions we would have been better of.

1 Like

Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by okonja(m): 7:52pm On Apr 23, 2016
thesicilian:
He's saying the truth

In 1984 when he left office the naira was 76kobo to the dollar, soon after IBB entered it became N2+ in 1986, and by the time IBB was through with the Nigerian economy in 1993, the naira had collapsed from 76kobo to N22+

Only those who knew the history or understand economics would only know what you are talking about. I was not surprise when someone mentioned ealier that he's turning the blame game to IBB now when he doesn't even know about the SAP loan. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by Jobos(m): 7:55pm On Apr 23, 2016
KissCODE:
i am not doubting you but take a look at what GMB/APC have been saying since they took over in May last year.

They have been telling us about failures & mistakes of yesteryears without ever providing solution for one of them.

From fuel to light to food to economy.

I think if this governement devotes the same amount of energy & resources they expend in blaming game & talking about the past into seeking for solutions we would have been better of.
When you fell and dont delibrate on the causes of you falling you wouldnt get the right solusions but fall again.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
thesicilian:
He's saying the truth

Thank you

1 Like

Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by moredollar(m): 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
The hatred of PMB has really made some people to be so dumb. What he meant is Dat he is not really convinced Dat d devaluation of the Naira will improve d living conditions of d masses, cos d devaluation of d naira didn't have any impact on d economy after he was removed from office in d 80's.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by Abagworo(m): 8:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
Protagonists of Naira devaluation are failing to learn from history. The truth is that without being an export economy devaluation can never solve our foreign exchange challenges. Even if Naira is devalued to 1000 a Dollar our foreign exchange earnings will still remain static while inflation will be triple digit.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by KissCODE(m): 8:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
Jobos:

When you fell and dont delibrate on the causes of you falling you wouldnt get the right solusions but fall again.
you are on point bros but delibrations are not done on pages of newspaper or studios of television stations. It is done in secret chambers and conference halls...

One years is almost here, things are getting worst...
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by TijaniAbu: 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2016
A God-complex, or a God-delusion in a ruler is a very dangerous manifestation of dictators. Nigerians beware, and be warned. It did not work in the 1980's and it is not working now. Change change.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by abassisiaka(m): 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
The president statement was right. if u are student of political science or international relations, u will understand that there was serious pressure from IMF and World bank to devalue naira which he resisted when he was military head of state. IBB... embarrassed the devaluation of naira which PMB resisted and that led to inflation, general price increase of goods and service, lost of job during IBB. That was the beginning of naira problem.... I'm stand to be corrected

http://ariseconsulting..com
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by scarred9jan(m): 9:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
musicwriter:
What's happening now is exactly what happened in 1984. Devaluation brought death to Nigeria after Buhari was over-thrown by IBB in 1985. The only thing that remains to be seen is a coup.

With which Army? The Army that is fiercely loyal to Buhari as he is cleaning up the rot that has seen them lost comrades in arms and colleagues.

Guy, there will be no coup so get that notion off your mind.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by chidozieikeji2: 9:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
Save ur story to urself because it can only be understood by you alone what efforts have u made to bring down the exchange rate mr president I was ur fan before pple even wanted to beat me up because of u because it was like a taboo to support an apc candidate in my state anambra I stood my ground supporting u even in the face of danger to d extent of pooling up upto one thousand clergy men for u @ owerri to educate dem that u will not islamise d country and also on the need for change but here am I today can't even move around with my car 4 d past 3 months mr president better make amends in time I knew u as a visionary leader and I belive u have enough time to correct ur mistakes
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by musicwriter(m): 9:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
scarred9jan:

With which Army? The Army that is fiercely loyal to Buhari as he is cleaning up the rot that has seen them lost comrades in arms and colleagues.

Guy, there will be no coup so get that notion off your mind.

Nobody prays for a coup, please.
Re: My 1985 Ouster Caused Crippling Of Naira —Buhari by Roadmap27(m): 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2016
TPAND:
Buhari is looking n becoming more or less like a vegetable . But I assure you, your ouster in 2019, we bring about a resuscitation of our crumbling glory.

I wish u can see da light.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police / Osinbajo, Ortom, Amaechi & Onyeama At Funeral Of Catholic Priests In Benue / Some PDP Members Are On Tramadol; Akpabio Blasts Ben Bruce, Others (Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.