Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan (45511 Views)

The Way Iheanacho Was Begging Musa To Pass The Ball Is Actually Very Funny - Pic / Blind Femi Opabunmi Duped By Fake Pastors And Imams / Pathetic! Ex-eagles Star, Femi Opabunmi Turns Beggar On The Streets Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 26, 2016
Unblockable:
According to the report, he played the FIFA U-17 Championship in 2011 that means he should either be 16 or 17 then. If I'm not mistaken, that means he was born around 1984/85. And if he's born around 1984/85, then he should just be 31 or 32yrs now. Definitely, if that's the case, his wife should be between 27 to 30. So why would he say his wife and kids are hungry when his wife is still young enough to make money either by hook (business, office work) or by crook (whatever that means)? I also blame him for 'chopping' all his money then.

The guy is definitely not 31 or 32. He should be in his 40s. And that's the disadvantage of those ridiculous age they keep parading as their official (football) age.
He did not play for under 17. He played for SE at the Korean /Japan 2000 claiming 17years than.
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by wheezie24(m): 10:32am On Apr 26, 2016
lofty900:
I don't know him, but what did he do with all the money he made during his playing days? Police recruitment is still on jor, go and apply and pray
u dnt knw him indeed...football bak den isn't d same as it is now....money no dy futball during his time
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by M4gunners: 10:32am On Apr 26, 2016
I blame NFA and NFF for this. They should take care someone who serve his father land no matter what.
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 26, 2016
Go to your governor
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by ismayl: 10:34am On Apr 26, 2016
dicefrost:
Should i feel sorry for him now? He played football for a while, at least he came by some money. What did he do with it?

u only need nliv in "destiny" to understand things.
just blame him, just help if u can and move away if u can't
name 5 past nigeria footba
ler who is not bankrupt now or was.
shofoluwe
andrew uwe
humphrey edobor
rashidi yekini
tarila okorowanta
clement temile
the list just go on on and on. they all had bad stories at the end
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by sexaddict08(m): 10:36am On Apr 26, 2016
Unblockable:
According to the report, he played the FIFA U-17 Championship in 2011 that means he should either be 16 or 17 then. If I'm not mistaken, that means he was born around 1984/85. And if he's born around 1984/85, then he should just be 31 or 32yrs now. Definitely, if that's the case, his wife should be between 27 to 30. So why would he say his wife and kids are hungry when his wife is still young enough to make money either by hook (business, office work) or by crook (whatever that means)? I also blame him for 'chopping' all his money then.

The guy is definitely not 31 or 32. He should be in his 40s. And that's the disadvantage of those ridiculous age they keep parading as their official (football) age.

17 years 2011 to become 32 years now bros na 2016 we still dey ooo
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 26, 2016
shala01:

He did not play for under 17. He played for SE at the Korean /Japan 2000 claiming 17years than.

You made an even bigger blunder than the guy you were supposed to be correcting. Opabumni played for golden eaglets at the Trinidad & Tobago Under 17 world cup held in in 2001.

Japan/Korea World cup was held in 2002, and Opabumni didn't make the list.
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by donkross1(m): 10:39am On Apr 26, 2016
Brother Femi chaii life can be really funny menh. When he was at his peak, he was very stingy and selfish, ordinary ball wey e dey bring kan training for hood back then he go carry the ball go back not to talk of him giving out Jersey. E no dey give hood boys money at all now see what's happening to him now..

Well if me see am sha, I go give am money if I get angry
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 26, 2016
Unblockable:

Wrong. It's 2001 not 2011.
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by guywitzerogal(m): 10:40am On Apr 26, 2016
Has seen him too Bt nt begging Bt he looks so poorly keep and malnutrited
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by Walelavender(m): 10:42am On Apr 26, 2016
So unfortunate that the glass house in Abuja wont do anything until this guy's condition deteriorates beyond redemption. Many of our nationals have been victims of the inability of the NFF to provide holistic solution in terms of insurance to these guys who have dorn the National colours during their playing days.

Could remember vividly 15 years ago when we struggled to defeat Burkina Faso in the semis and lost to France in the final. It was painful though. Opabunmi was a star in that tournament.
Well meaning Nigerians could pull this guy out of the woods. He can still be useful to the society instead of begging.

1 Like

Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by Inspectahdeck(m): 10:45am On Apr 26, 2016
Football wasn't profitable back then.

lofty900:
I don't know him, but what did he do with all the money he made during his playing days? Police recruitment is still on jor, go and apply and pray
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by Philistine(m): 10:47am On Apr 26, 2016
koice:

You made an even bigger blunder than the guy you were supposed to be correcting. Opabumni played for golden eaglets at the Trinidad & Tobago Under 17 world cup held in in 2001.

. Point of correction;Opabunmi was actually part of the japan/korea world cup team tutored by Onigbinde.

1 Like

Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by chigoizie7(m): 10:50am On Apr 26, 2016
Unblockable:

Lolz,

Someone who is 17 as @ 2011 can't be born in 1984/85 bro.

Just saying
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by zudozz: 10:51am On Apr 26, 2016
Chai!
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by mfm04622: 10:53am On Apr 26, 2016
Icon4s:

Femi Opabunmi.

He has been in this state for some time.
Also reminds me of the last days of Rashidi Yekini.

Problem is most of these guys think they can play football and retire at 60 or 65 jst like every other profession. They often forget the life span of a footballer's career is very short.

Femi simply did not manage his resources well.

I know a good number of footballers that were hit by health set backs very early in their careers but they are not begging today.

Let all well meaning Nigerians come to his aide in any possible way.

lalasticlala and mynd44 u too can play your parts in helping Femi.

Let us comment with facts only. Rashidi Yekini was not broke at the time of his death. Was there any report Rashidi begged before he died?
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by Jeffy1206(m): 10:53am On Apr 26, 2016
Unblockable:

2011? Check wellwell sad
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by danduj(m): 10:53am On Apr 26, 2016
Unblockable:

dude wat are u saying? He played at d 2002 world cup
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by mfm04622: 10:56am On Apr 26, 2016
ismayl:

u only need nliv in "destiny" to understand things.
just blame him, just help if u can and move away if u can't
name 5 past nigeria footba
ler who is not bankrupt now or was.
shofoluwe
andrew uwe
humphrey edobor
rashidi yekini
tarila okorowanta
clement temile
the list just go on on and on. they all had bad stories at the end

Where is this story that Rashidi was bankrupt coming from? He left houses for his children when he died.
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by pek(m): 10:56am On Apr 26, 2016
shala01:

He played in T&T under 17 in 2001. Always state what you know.
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by Blackfire(m): 10:56am On Apr 26, 2016
I became an enemy of a particular person who squander money like say tomorrow no dey. . My offence was that i told this person to save, and save, and save again for raining days, i was called a fool, Jew guy, over paranoid. . .
Today this person ve practically turn to beggar, where are all those friends? *husain bolt*.

Since this year, they ve been looking for me to apologise, me too *husain bolt- est*.
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by dharn10(m): 10:56am On Apr 26, 2016
He is the MVP and won the golden ball during under 17 tournament in 2001. he's a great finisher. He's not qualify for police job because he has an eye issue. Note: Money isnt in football as at then as it is today. Also note that he spent money on his eye issue. May God deliver us from any form of sickness that will empty our pocket.
lofty900:

2 Likes

Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 26, 2016
koice:

Ur blunder is bigger than mine as femi played against England in 2002. He was one of the youngest player at that world Cup tournament.
N/b. Everybody dey commit blunder

2 Likes

Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by eazyjakes(m): 10:59am On Apr 26, 2016
You correct that he was part of the golden eaglets team to the 2001 u-17 world cup but he was also a squad member of the super eagles team to the korea/Japan 2002 world cup with a squad number 23!

Japan/Korea World cup was held in 2002, and Opabumni didn't make the list.[/quote]
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by naptu2: 11:00am On Apr 26, 2016
shala01:

shocked Ha! Then who was the left winger that scored against Japan at the 2001 U17 World Cup in Trinidad and Tobago?

Who was the left winger that was the star of Nigeria's team that got to the final of the 2001 U17 World Cup??

By the way, the Korea/Japan World Cup was held in 2002, not 2000.

1 Like

Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by pek(m): 11:01am On Apr 26, 2016
koice:

You are wrong. He was in the squad. His elder brother Onigbinde took him
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by kikies(m): 11:02am On Apr 26, 2016
Unblockable:
Broda man,I know say u dey vex,no vex again ehn

Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by joelsky: 11:05am On Apr 26, 2016
but if he was part of the under-17 flying eaglets that lost to france at the trinidad and tobacco u-17 world cup, then he is part of a group of reckless footballers who wasted the fortune they got when the grass was still green. The captain of that team is presently in Zaria City doing nothing, begging for trials at the age of 33 in Asian countries.. When he was making it, he didnt plan... FOOTBALLERS DONT PLAN
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by nurez305(m): 11:06am On Apr 26, 2016
how many goal did he score for eagle, how many world/nation cup has he won for nigeria. if not, let him also go out to struggle or learn a trade, so many people need money not only him. Did you know how many nigerian that hav died of HBP becos of the way u people play on the field.....mtcheeeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by babyfaceafrica: 11:08am On Apr 26, 2016
Pics of him begging or STFU.....fake bloggers everywhere
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by naptu2: 11:09am On Apr 26, 2016
The stars of Nigeria's team at T&T 2001 were Femi Opabumi (left wing), Omonigho Temile (right wing), Soga Sambo (defence), Victor Brown (attack) and Kennedy Chinwo (defence).
Re: Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan by macaranta(m): 11:10am On Apr 26, 2016
NFF help the dude mbok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Messi Surprised By Magical Ronaldo Showing / Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight / Nicolas Pepe Becomes Africa's Most Expensive Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.