Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" (11436 Views)

Women: What Was Your Contribution To Your Brideprice Situation? / Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry / Bride Price And Dowry; the Difference And Similarity. Which do you practice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by Ejadamen(f): 1:27pm On Aug 14, 2009
GEW:

enokhuo, ok here comes the attack [list]
[li][b]you talk sense here.
[/b]
[/li]
trust you are ok?
[li][/li]
[/list]

Predictable grin tongue
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by inokdynamic(m): 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2009
Tradition is very important, it's ones pride, so let's keep it up BUT in a very GOOD WAY.
the story goes, pride prices for daughters from sons,
The problem is that, now isn't the same, some selfish old and greedy old men calling themselves "FATHER", abusing the joy and the future home of their so called "BE LOVING SONS AND DAUGHTERS" How can one good loving father or mother intend to turn rich over a night by selling out her daughter in the name of marrage? I will say, if two young people falls in-love, rich or poor, and they wish the blessing of GOD in their, give them a chance to do it in all harmony without a stress, don't in-debt them but rather help. Or i should rather say, Bleep the old idiot or the daughter of a foolish man before the foolishness in her vein over whelm you. In the other way, that's my opinion. Good luck
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by THEAMAKA(f): 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2009
it all depends on the man's budget. dont try and stress him and go overboard just to please your family.
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by Fhemmmy: 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2009
THE AMAKA:

it all depends on the man's budget. dont try and stress him and go overboard just to please your family.

You are a real woman.
Are you married, from what tribe, i have a man for you jare
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by THEAMAKA(f): 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2009
hahahaha im not married! im not even finish with high school/secondary school yet.
hahahaha!! i really laughed at that.
from my name i think you would tell that im an igbo.
also, im not looking for any husband right now. lol
tell this supposed "man" No thank you. lol

are you located in nigeria?
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2009
hahahahahahaha.
Cos u be Amaka dont mean you are Ibo.
I am a Nigerian, but not in Nigeria.
So if yu are not even done with high school, how do u know so much about family issues, u scaring me oh
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by THEAMAKA(f): 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2009
well i dont think one has to be in college/univerisity or have finished school to know these things.
im just very intelligent.

i thought everyone at my age thought like me, i guess not. lol
this is family issues, abi? LOLOLOL

where are you based?
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by Fhemmmy: 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2009
i am just north of you, if you are in USA, share too many border with you
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by THEAMAKA(f): 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2009
hahahaha so you are in Canda, right?
hahahahha let me not sound ignorant.

but uhm, what husband do you have for me. i want to see him.

he better not be fat, ugly, short, or bald.
he better be in shape, tall, with hair, and sexy!!!!

LOLOLOLOL HHHHHHAAAAAAAAA
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by Fhemmmy: 8:49pm On Aug 14, 2009
YOu are right.
HE is cute, handsome, with a good heart, but u said, u dont want.
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by THEAMAKA(f): 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2009
yeah im not looking for that now.
but can i at least see what he looks like. lol

im not trying to play match maker or whatever, but since you brought him up, i wanna see!!!
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by Fhemmmy: 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2009
send me ur mail and i will send it to you
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by THEAMAKA(f): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2009
hahaha okay!!

but i dont want to put my mail on this public forum.

is there a way you can paste it as your pic and then take it off after i have seen it?
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by Fhemmmy: 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2009
send a mail to my name @google.com and i will respond.
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by THEAMAKA(f): 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2009
okay thanks!!!
it better not be any spam or 419. lol

hahahahaha jk
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by Fhemmmy: 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2009
THE AMAKA:

okay thanks!!!
it better not be any spam or 419. lol

hahahahaha jk

hahahahahahaha
see ur face oh
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by THEAMAKA(f): 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2009
sorry. the mail was unable to send.
i got a failure notice.
i dont know whats wrong.
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by Fhemmmy: 9:38pm On Aug 14, 2009
cos i thot u would have known that google mail is gmail and not really google.com
Ok, my name@gmail.com.
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by cooljade(f): 11:35pm On Aug 14, 2009
lol, at least something good is coming out of this thread. SOME CUPID ARROWS FLYING THE INTERNATIONAL SCENE. The courtship alone will be worth more than the 24k gold dowry, Shopping on 5th ave and beverly hills; party at Las Vagas, enjoy y'all cheesy wink
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by THEAMAKA(f): 2:26am On Aug 15, 2009
HAHAHAHA!!!
OMG, NO.
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by THEAMAKA(f): 2:26am On Aug 15, 2009
Fhemmmy:

cos i thot u would have known that google mail is gmail and not really google.com
Ok, my name@gmail.com.

okay im going to do it now.
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by bluespice(f): 2:31am On Aug 15, 2009
if it doesnt match or exceed the guinness world record, it isnt too expensive
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by THEAMAKA(f): 2:42am On Aug 15, 2009
bluespice:

WOW!!!
hmmm are you the kind of girl to expect your fiance to SPLASH money on you?
that statement is pretty hard.
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by cooljade(f): 8:50am On Aug 15, 2009
bluespice:

I LOVE you my sister, I try making everyone understand here. yes it depends on your man's pocket power. but let him do the best his pocket will let him. Afterall , all the goodies in the world are not meant for women with 3 or 4 boobs wink
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2009
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by adaku123(f): 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2009
cooljade:

lol,  at least something good is coming out of this thread. SOME CUPID ARROWS FLYING THE INTERNATIONAL SCENE. The courtship alone will be worth more than the 24k gold dowry,  Shopping on 5th ave and beverly hills;  party at Las Vagas,  enjoy y'all  cheesy wink

LOL, SOME SERIOUS CUPID STURVS , MY AMEBO RADAR HAS BEEN SWITCHED ON
AM ALSO WATCHING grin grin grin

Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by Ejadamen(f): 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2009
chaircover:

Femi i'm watching you cool
Me three! grin grin
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by THEAMAKA(f): 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2009
damn fhemmy ladies!!
calm down. lol

hehehehe
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by Fhemmmy: 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2009
THE AMAKA:

damn fhemmy ladies!!
calm down. lol

hehehehe

You are funny.
chaircover:

Femi i'm watching you cool

How u dey now, and how is Mr. Chaircover?
Ejadamen:

Me three! grin grin

God know your number oh.
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by jpphilips(m): 12:03pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ ADAKU 123

Does he think she will eat the gold, ANyway gold is an investment and only appreciates with time [/b]

i[b]s the man looking for investment ideas or a wife? he could have started a gold business if he thinks its the investment he desires,

stop painting pictures for us, stop justifying why she should ask for the Gold?

you want to use a gold investment as a prerequisite for marriage, Naija is such a wonder land grin

lest i forget; what happened to making first in an Olympic competition other than coming to intimidate my man with ''u know who i be''?

i bow for unaooo, like Ive said, u earn gifts it doesn't just come

if you desire marriage, concentrate on that, other gifts will creep in if you score high, misplaced priorities,

She could ave asked for a coffin grin abi no be investment, afterall it will cut down her burial expenditure by 10%. MUMU grin grin grin grin
[/b]
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by Fhemmmy: 6:39pm On Aug 27, 2009
jp philips:

@ ADAKU 123

[/color]

i[b][color=#000099]s the man looking for investment ideas or a wife? he could have started a gold business if he thinks its the investment he desires,

stop painting pictures for us, stop justifying why she should ask for the Gold?

you want to use a gold investment as a prerequisite for marriage, Naija is such a wonder land grin

lest i forget; what happened to making first in an Olympic competition other than coming to intimidate my man with ''u know who i be''?

i bow for unaooo, like Ive said, u earn gifts it doesn't just come

if you desire marriage, concentrate on that, other gifts will creep in if you score high, misplaced priorities,

She could ave asked for a coffin grin abi no be investment, afterall it will cut down her burial expenditure by 10%. MUMU grin grin grin grin
[/b]

Lol
Re: When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" by agathamari(f): 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2009
A dowry (also known as trousseau or tocher) is the money, goods, or estate that a woman brings into her marriage. Compare bride price, which is paid to the bride's parents, and dower, which is property settled on the bride herself by the groom at the time of marriage.

personaly i feel all three are antiquated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Causes Delay In Marriages? / Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? / Would You Sleep With Your Pretty Mother-in-law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.