Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (208989 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ruq: 9:04am On May 02, 2016
fabiano09:

Trust me critical thinking doesn't lead to a more fruitful life,infact its a burden . Most of us having conflicting thoughts about the existence of God are miserable or at most unhappy. Blind faith is equally a miserable existence but at least they are not aware of it so they escape the burden.

True bro, very true. These other atheist are somewhat heartless. When I started having conflict on the existence, I wished I never doubted but now I'm ok about it. Plus if you can give people a meaningful purpose to life, just let them be.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 9:05am On May 02, 2016
danny56:
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
Hebrews 6:4-6 NKJV
On point. HardMirror, your story can be different. You can make a come back and be better & bigger. And I am not a fanatic. I haven't even done quarter of the exploits you did as a christian. I am simply a believer (not a new one anyway) who has personal proofs that God is real.

6 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 9:08am On May 02, 2016
Loisemm:

On point. HardMirror, your story can be different. You can make a come back and be better & bigger. And I am not a fanatic. I haven't even done quarter of the exploits you did as a christian. I am simply a believer (not a new one anyway) who has personal proofs that God is real.
Please what are the personal 'proofs' you have of God's existence,I would really love to know.

4 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ranchhoddas: 9:09am On May 02, 2016
Loisemm:
HardMirror, what exactly do you stand to gain from this? Why are you doing this? *no offence meant*
Pls retrace your steps. I know it will be hard because you once knew the whole Word and Jesus Christ personally. Hebrews 6 vs 4-6. You have tasted the good Word and the heavenly gifts. The Bible even says in that scripture that it will be impossible but... Just try and if you can't, then do not drag back your innocent converts or other gullible people. Ur story brought tears to my eyes and I prayed for you. Take care. I don't know you but on behalf of Christians, we still love U.
#IBelieveThereIsGod#
Please stop praying for him.Pray for the Chibok girls to be found instead...Oh wait...

6 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 9:10am On May 02, 2016
HardMirror:

This was an incidence that really rattled me.
The big question now is, " does God answer prayers?"
After all, I have seen God in action many times, I have seen him heal people so many times, I have been healed many times with out taking a single pill.
How true were the so called Revelations, speaking in tongues, deliverances, healings?

They were true

REVELATIONS, WORD OF KNOWLEDGE and PROPHESIES (MY DISCOVERIES)
I was watching TV one day and I saw John Edwards show on air. This man could communicate with the dead.
It was really amazing! And he was not doing it for the glory of God. He was a celebrity. He claims it is a gift.
This man could accurately reveal hidden things about people.
I said to myself this man is just using demonic powers to fool people (NOTE: this is how we christians always jump into conclusion, everything most have a spiritual explanation)

Some months later I saw a CIA documentary on Discovery Channel on how the CIA were paying Doctors and researchers on how to brain wash, hypnotise and control peoples minds.
The documentary was really shocking!

So it was possible scientifically to control peoples mind? Wow!!!

I started doing more reseach into hypnotism. I had always thought it was only possible spiritually using demons and demonic techniques and that all hypnotists where agents of the devil. But I began to realize using drugs such as LSD could help in mind control through pure scientific means.

What impact did this have on me?
I began to wonder if all I thought was spiritual were just me doing things that were scientific unconsciously.

COLD READING
This was what John Edwards was using and word of knowledge operates the same way.
If you prepare and develop your mind, you can read peoples history. (Watch the MENTALIST for more information). But in the case of a sincere christian, you are doing it unconsciously.
You pick up cues and build on those cues. I don't want to talk too much on this as some will think I used the technique knowningly on people. But what I would tell you is I was only Cold-reading people, but I was doing it with the innocence of my heart.
God does not speak, it is our minds that speaks to us, we develop a double personality the more we believe in God speaking to us. It can get to the extent of believing you even hear Him audibly.

SPEAKING TONGUES is not difficult as people think. The problem is fear of saying gibbrish you don't understand. It all depends on how much faith and belief you can put into believing in the act. Believe and release yourself and you will speak in tongues. It's the easiest thing. Even easier than speaking a language you understand, because you don't have to think of what you are saying. Our brains are capable of more things we could ever imagine.

12 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Alfamann: 9:10am On May 02, 2016
Loisemm:
HardMirror, what exactly do you stand to gain from this? Why are you doing this? *no offence meant*
Pls retrace your steps. I know it will be hard because you once knew the whole Word and Jesus Christ personally. Hebrews 6 vs 4-6. You have tasted the good Word and the heavenly gifts. The Bible even says in that scripture that it will be impossible but... Just try and if you can't, then do not drag back your innocent converts or other gullible people. Ur story brought tears to my eyes and I prayed for you. Take care. I don't know you but on behalf of Christians, we still love U.
#IBelieveThereIsGod#

Another prayer doG wont answer.

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by laribari(m): 9:12am On May 02, 2016
johnnycrew:
I'm not supporting him,but at same time christians are main reason pple move further away from God cuz of a form of discrimination and some form of threat.even christ never threaten wit hell fire to win souls,he drew unbelievers closer and makes them realise why they should convert through his preachinGs and miracles...what goes on in churches today is not missionary its just fundraising.

I'm very sure you have a car or enter buses. Will you say because people die in accident then you will stop driving or entering buses? If you claim to be careful on the wheel, what makes you think the next man coming facing you is not a lunatic?

So because of false prophet then you have to bash christianity and openly support a man who mocks ur God, saying men created him. You should tell him to shut up rather Dan turn against Christians because of fundraising. Didn't Jesus tell you already that there are false prophets everywhere?

What goes on in churches shouldn't be ur problem if you know why you are there. It is not by force to give because if you do it is for ur own good according to the scriptures but it is not by force. I don't give when I'm not led to.

Do not be deceived about hell. was it not Jesus who told the story of Lazarus and the rich man? Does it not look like threatening a rich? Jesus said it is easier for a camel to pass tru the eye of a needle Dan rich people entering he'll. If u see it as a threat then it is a shame but he was just passing an information. If I tell unbelievers of christ that they go to he'll, it is not a threat but an information written by God.

I know sometimes unbelievers are guilty that is why they say it is a threat but it is not.

7 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 9:16am On May 02, 2016
Loisemm:

Personal proofs? Oh wow and you still say believer... People really don't get it.

There is nothing like Personal proof, once something is evidential it can be perceived by all.

You do not have personal proof that stars are real but when it comes to the alleged creator of the cosmos it resorts to personal proofs which is merely a substitution of emotion as proof.

We hope this proof can be demonstrated and evidential to ascertain it's falsifiability and not some shabby claims passed as proof as always

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Millex(m): 9:18am On May 02, 2016
God is not Dead, in the end we would know who's right or who is wrong, just pray to be on the right side.
It's however not a competition, life, salvation is a personal Journey. I choose to work out my own salvation with Jesus with fear and trembling, It's a personal Journey.
Lucifer grew too wise and rebelled again God, man that God created are becoming too wise and rebelling against God.
God is just watching, devil is busy laughing and rejoicing, in the end who would laugh last? Only God knows.
Man would always search for answers it's what happens when the fruit of knowledge of good and evil has been eaten. God in his mercies tried to save us this stress but devil constantly rebelling against God did his best and succeeded in Adams case,
God had to raise Jesus to come, become the divine lamb, with pure and divine blood. To be the final sacrifice, no longer do we need to shed blood of animals.
Wisdom of man trying to quantify God is the reason why you can't understand God.
Why do bad things happen? and all? Why did he heal the blind village head? Why not ask God at the end of time. Remember Daniel prayed for sometime and didn't get answers till God showed him what was happening in the spirit realm. Maybe that's why God didn't answer your prayers, maybe there's another reason. God really doesn't need to prove himself to anyone, if you won't believe you won't believe. That's why the rich man was told even if the dead come back to life to tell you about God and all man who won't believe won't believe.
I laugh however the manifestation of the endtimes when man would be wise of his own knowledge, the rise of false prophets and people who have become too familiar with God, who has known God too much. It's sad however that many would be swayed by vain wisdom.
To all who have known God and we're swayed, Jesus is still knocking on the door your hear, to those who never knew, I pray you encounter Jesus like saul-paul you too would make a great apostle. To those holding steadfast to your faith, hold on to the faith, do not sleep nor slumber, be wise to the devices of the devil.
Rev 22:11-12: He that is unjust, let him be unjust still, and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still, and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according to his work.
Happy workers day.

10 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 9:18am On May 02, 2016
fabiano09:

Please what are the personal 'proofs' you have of God's existence,I would really love to know.
Lolzz. I sure wont get into you people's arguments. Wont do me no good. Some situations that turned around 360 degrees in my favour, miracles and healings, getting things I never imagined etc are some personal proofs to me of God's existence. I alone could not have made some of those mega things to happen to me. So bros, there is indeed a God...

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 9:31am On May 02, 2016
Loisemm:

Lolzz. I sure wont get into you people's arguments. Wont do me no good. Some situations that turned around 360 degrees in my favour, miracles and healings, getting things I never imagined etc are some personal proofs to me of God's existence. I alone could not have made some of those mega things to happen to me. So bros, there is indeed a God...

Just take a look... i knew this was what to come

Children are dying of hunger everyday, famine are killing in it's thousands everyday and all other dire problems facing millions on earth.

But oh the children that die don't matter neither is the ones dying of famine relevant, the Christians are busy thinking the alleged creator of the universe is turning their situation around, making circus shows and miracles cus maybe you are more deserving than them?

you deserve for the creator of the cosmos to solve your little problems but not the serious fatal ones happening in their millions.

if there is anything responsible for solving problems but choose to dabble into childish cases as the ones you listed above and not serious world troubles like Children dying of cancer, then that is a sheer mark of imbecility and misplaced priority.

Someone who worships a stone would credit his positive situations to the stone too, this is just some shabby belief..

Ridiculous...!!!

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ruq: 9:34am On May 02, 2016
Loisemm:

Coincidence could still define all these.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 9:44am On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Current girl friend is an atheist, A popular one here on Nairaland at that... I'm a lucky bastard grin

For my kids i intend to raise them free, they won't be atheists or theists, rather maintain that default stance we all have from birth which is Pure agnosticism.

When they grow to the age of reason they can develop their own ideas not feed them my own ideas

You truly are the luckiest bastard.
Is she freecocoa . cheesy

Doesnt beeing agnostic make one automatically an atheist .
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 9:50am On May 02, 2016
urahara:

You truly are the luckiest bastard.
Is she freecocoa . cheesy

Doesnt beeing agnostic make one automatically an atheist .

It does in some way but this time around i intend to keep them pure agnostics as a default state from birth.

when you were born you were never taught to believe in any God so you simple dd not know..

I won't teach them such superstitions will leave them on that default state, teach them the importance of reason and logic in developing ideas.

when they are old enough they can reaffirm what they want

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 9:55am On May 02, 2016
I would be rounding up with my next post. But before that.

I DID NOT OPEN THIS TOPIC TO MAKE PEOPLE DROP THEIR RELIGION
This thread is only to make information available to those who need this information. I did not have the privilege of reading such a story when I was going through my identity crisis.
It is to educate and make information available ONLY to those who need it.

This is the story of a real person and the details given are all verifiable.

I know thousands appreciate me coming out with this. If you find comfort in god all good for you. It takes a lot of courage to drop god and only very responsible people can dare it. If you are not strong and ready to take full responsible for your life and actions, pls keep your religion. Dropping religion is not a joke. No false hope to keep you going, you face reality squarely.

Thanks everyone for the comments so far.

I am here to have fun. I have opened some ridiculous threads in the past and I will open more in future. Not here to please anyone.

Will be signing out soon. Already missing romance section were we discuss rubbish. grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by laribari(m): 9:56am On May 02, 2016
johnnycrew:
I'm not supporting him,but at same time christians are main reason pple move further away from God cuz of a form of discrimination and some form of threat.even christ never threaten wit hell fire to win souls,he drew unbelievers closer and makes them realise why they should convert through his preachings and miracles...what goes on in churches today is not missionary its just fundraising.

Bros I get you but (with all due respect) ur point is invalid. Even if some Christians don't do the right things that doesn't mean you shud take side with a spiritual lunatic because as far as I'm concerned the guy is confused and spiritually sick. He needs help if you consider all the parametersregarding what he said abt his claimed past.

You said you are not supporting him but......
That but has spoilt everything because ur first post indirectly supported a man who mocks ur God. You supposed challenge am because I will defend my faith if anyone dares to say there is no God.

Forget about the colour of a car, make you enter if u really have somewhere going. I won't say because planes are prone to plane crash then people should fly anymore. So because of fund raisers you are bashing christianity. Didn't Jesus warn us of false prophets? So that is not a problem because nobody force you to give money.

As for Christians threatening ppl with he'll. There is something u don't understand. The bible made it clear that unbelievers will end up there. It is not a threat but passing out an information of prophetic truth.

Jesus that you quoted also said "it is easy for a camel to pass through a needle's eye than for a rich man to enter heaven". What do you think rich people will say?

Jesus himself spoke concerning Lazarus and the rich man, whereby the rich man went to hell. Apostle Paul according to God word said homosexuals will end up in hell and all that. Will they not say it's a threat? People who usually feel they are sinners always have this guilt and I hear words like you are judging or you can condemning.

The same Jesus who did miracles was still denied by the same people.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 9:57am On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

It does in some way but this time around i intend to keep them pure agnostics as a default state from birth.

when you were born you were never taught to believe in any God so you simple dd not know..

I won't teach them such superstitions will leave them on that default state, teach them the importance of reason and logic in developing ideas.

I plan not to marry a Nigerian for many reasons. Won't be easy if both parents are from this country and live in this society.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 9:57am On May 02, 2016
HardMirror:
I would be rounding up with my next post. But before that.

I DID NOT OPEN THIS TOPIC TO MAKE PEOPLE DROP THEIR RELIGION
This thread is only to make information available to those who need this information. I did not have the privilege of reading such a story when I was going through my identity crisis.
It is to educate and make information available ONLY to those who need it.

This is the story of a real person and the details given are all verifiable.

I know thousands appreciate me coming out with this. If you find comfort in god all good for you. It takes a lot of courage to drop god and only very responsible people can dare it. If you are not strong and ready to take full responsible for your life and actions, pls keep your religion. Dropping religion is not a joke. No false hope to keep you going, you face reality squarely.

Thanks everyone for the comments so far.

I am here to have fun. I have opened some ridiculous threads in the past and I will open more in future. Not here to please anyone.

Will be signing out soon. Already missing romance section were we discuss rubbish. grin

Carry on .. we deh here, na we deh here, na we get am grin

Well go on, i've got your back

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 10:01am On May 02, 2016
HardMirror:

I plan not to marry a Nigerian for many reasons. Won't be easy if both parents are from this country and live in this society.

It will be a long run raising free kids in a country such as this where religions are given the free hand to rub their beliefs on people's face, literally force it down your throat.

-Little kids are taught religion in the school
-in the bus shouts from these religions
-field
-street
-they even bring it to your house
-their loud speakers won't let you rest
-literally everywhere.

It's a long run but it's doable

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ruq: 10:01am On May 02, 2016
Loisemm:

Really I think this is what the concept of God is about. If you understand the concept to a point you'll notice there's no attribute attached to God that doesn't fit Wicked,Loving,Heartless,Kind, and many other's everything fits. Even the beliefs of everyone about him is true, be it that of Theist, Agnostics, Deists, Atheist and Others.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 10:03am On May 02, 2016
Have you counted the cost,if your soul should be lost,

Tho' you gain the whole world for your own?...

There's a line that is drawn by rejecting our Lord,
where the call of His Spirit is lost.,...and you hurry along with the pleasure throng-
Have you counted the Cost...?

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 10:03am On May 02, 2016
urahara:
Oga hard mirror come out and continue your story jare. U are just putti g every body on hold cheesy grin

Take heed to what you hear, for the measure you take will be given unto you. I say take heed. Guard your heart not every story is worth reading
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 10:09am On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

it ain't gonna work

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 10:14am On May 02, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Take heed to what you hear, for the measure you take will be given unto you. I say take heed. Guard your heart not every story is worth reading
Only lies survive that way.
If the bible is the truth no need telling people to be careful what they read.
No matter how much I tell you that if I cut off your head you won't die, does it make it true. No matter stories of people you read that tells you that if your head is cut off you will live, does it make it true.
The bible claims to be universal truth so no need trying to protect it. Truth can protect itself wink

11 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 10:21am On May 02, 2016
HardMirror:

No matter how much I tell you that if I cut off your head you won't die, does it make it true. No matter stories of people you read that tells you that if your head is cut off you will live, does it make it true.
The bible claims to be universal truth so no need trying to protect it. Truth can protect itself wink

The truth should be naked, plain and simple. it does not fear conflicting ideas or is vulnerable to contradicting ideas.

It is open to scrutiny and questions, that is how it grows.

Anything afraid of scrutiny and questions, any thing that discourages doubt and scepticism to uphold blind faith is not far from being a fat lie.

But notice how the bible/quran are always to be protected from questions, scrutiny and people discouraged from doubt in their quest for enlightenment...

that is the trademark of a large destroying lie

Absurdities should be scrutinized and questioned not swallowed ...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 10:21am On May 02, 2016
HardMirror:

Do you know most serial killers are a product of information (books they read) they have acquired. Believe it or not what you are now is a product of information you have acquired. Every terrorist is a product of information as every good man is a product of information, non of us was born good or bad.

Help yourself by giving yourself to acquire information you will like to resemble

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by bilaal29: 10:22am On May 02, 2016

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Danyl(m): 10:24am On May 02, 2016
HardMirror:
CONTINUATION...
CURIORITY and DARING TO QUESTION GOD

The christian God is regarded as a FATHER NOT a SLAVE MASTER.
I took God as my father. I discuss anything and everything with him. He was a friend I loved so much. We had a one on one relationship.
This meant I could ask God any question
I am a practical person, I don't just hear the word, I do the word.
People in the bible had chats with God and He is my father and friend so why should I not ask God questions and why should he not answer?
So ask God sincere questions

1. My Number one problem: We are to preach to all nations and make sure people don't perish
I and many christians I know were trying our absolute best to depopulate hell as fast as possible. To make sure people don't just hear the word BUT they actually get saved.
Someone asked why I pray for at least 12hours. It was because of the burden I carried. The burden of soul winning. It was terrifying that many were going to end up in hell and burn forever! if you are a christian and you believe people will end up in hell and you don't preach and try to win souls everyday YOU ARE WORSE THAN BOKO HARAM. FACT!
How can you have peace of mind and sleep at night knowing you hold the secret to eternal life in your hands and you are comfortable? How dear you buy luxuries when you can put that money into soul winning? How can you be asking God for more money, when you should pick up your bag and preach. How can you be asking God to pick up your call so you too can drive Range Rover?
It started becoming apparent that even God was a wicked God. Why?

-so he is all loving, loves humanity more than any man could ever love another man. More than an earthly father would love his son. YET God would let people perish in hell for even telling a lie no matter why you tell the lie or how small it is?

- so the best a God can do is to send humans to preach His word?

Oh wait! Seems you don't understand Jesus died in Jerusalem for the sins of the WHOLE world and If anyone dies without christ he was going to end in Hell. Wait! Do you know how many People would have died in Africa, South America, Australia, China, India, europe, before the Gospel reached them? Do you know how many people die per day?

So all these people will go to hell? The clever answer will be NO, the won't go to hell because they did not know. Oh! So if they won't go to hell because they were ignorant, why preach the gospel to them and make them informed and now if they die with the tiniest of sin without christ they end in hell. Why not leave them ignorant so their souls can be saved based on their ignorance.

How long did it take for the gospel of christ to reach the whole world? Is god truely the God of the whole world or of Jews?

It did not just add up.
This whole gospel thing started to crumble the more I thought of it.

That is just a tip of the questions I began to ask God. Of course he had no answer. The same God that reveals other peoples issues to me could not answer this.
Just like Job asked God several questions but never received any answer, but when God finally answered him, he knew outrightly that he has sinned against God. God is our father but He can't be taken by surprise, however one thing is certain, when God decides to bring you back to His fold you will be surprised. He is not done with you yet. Sometimes it takes that little extra to see things the way God see things. There is only a very thin line between truth and error but many have slipped into error thinking they are still in line with God, and some think they are on the right path but they totally slipped into error, it will take God nothing to redeem you but for those who are once enlightened, who have tasted of the heavenly gift, that have known the power of God, and of the ages to come, if they slip away it is impossible for them to be brought back but my prayer is that this will not be your portion. There is light at the end of the tunnel. One of the scientists who was an atheist realized on his sick bed that truly there is God but he never did accept Christ before his demise. my believe is that the very basis of atheism is 'there is no God', but the end will justify the means.

4 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 10:25am On May 02, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Do you know most serial killers are a product of information (books they read) they have acquired.

Yes for example BOKO HARAM and ISIS .. they did exactly what you suggest we do, read only one book, develop a belief around it and shut our mind out from every other book..

You are literally asking humans to become simpletons just to protect some shabby weak beliefs.

Blind conformity to an authority is the greatest enemy of truth so too is Blind faith to a belief is the greatest enemy of truth..

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ruq: 10:26am On May 02, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Do you know most serial killers are a product of information (books they read) they have acquired. Believe it or not what you are now is a product of information you have acquired. Every terrorist is a product of information as every good man is a product of information, non of us was born good or bad.

Help yourself by giving yourself to acquire information you will like to resemble

If you no this to be true, you should know that whichever god that chooses to judge us is unfair, since those killing themselves for god are a result of the information they where exposed to.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Alfamann: 10:27am On May 02, 2016
Loisemm:

Same here but it was Satan doing it. Not doG.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 10:30am On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Yes for example BOKO HARAM and ISIS .. they did exactly what you suggest we do, read only one book, develop a belief around it and shut our mind out from every other book..

You are literally asking humans to become simpletons just to protect some shabby weak beliefs.

Blind conformity to an authority is the greatest enemy of truth so too is Blind faith to a belief is the greatest enemy of truth..

Now compare the book the people you mentioned read. Who wrote it? how did he live his live? Did those who read his books follow his steps?

I say read book that you will like to resemble. For giving yourself to enjoying books on this kind of topic tells me where you will end up tomorrow if your not already one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.