Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,966 members, 7,814,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (208494 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wirinet(m): 12:15pm On May 02, 2016
Millex:

If you want to hurt a father deeply get his child to do the hurting for you. That's the devil's scheme since time immemorial, devil doesn't even need to force man, all he has to do is deceive, put doubt in man's heart. Then man does the rest hurting God. Why God let's devil keep doing it? His ways are not our ways nor his thoughts our thoughts. Devil is doing what he likes because God has allowed him, but be rest assured that the battle you are waiting for has been fought already and has been won.
God is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the One who Is, Was and shall forever Be. He is that He is, He doesn't need human verification to be Real.

Please read what you wrote slowly, and see whether it makes any sense. God does not need human verification to be real but he goes into fits and rage at those that fails to verify him as real. God does not need human verification, but he permit Devil to test job to see if job can remain loyal in face of adversaries. In fact the whole of the bible is all about the obsession of God for human verification.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by swaggzo(m): 12:18pm On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

hahahahahahaha isn't it funny how every religion lays claim to the words of God but humans are the ones doing the talking? grin

MY MAN CATHOLICS SAY THEIR SUPREME MASTER THE POPE, IS WITHOUT SIN. EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS PERFECT BECAUSE GOD CHOSE HIM TO BE POPE.

TILL DATE I WONDER WHY THE LAST ONE RESIGNED.. . GOD CHOSE THE WRONG PERSON? ?

THAT MEANS EVEN GOD CAN MAKE MISTAKES?

THAT MEANS HE'S ALSO NOT PERFECT AND CAN END UP LIKE OTHER INPERFECT PEOPLE, IN HELL?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by rawgame(m): 12:23pm On May 02, 2016
HardMirror:
CONTINUATION...
My gradual loss in believe in the bible kept growing. I can say 2010 was the year I was last a christian, 2011 was the year of researching christianity and asking the important questions, 2012 I made up my mind i have had enough of being afraid of the truth.

We give a lot of excuses for god when things don't work out the way we expect and we praise god when coincidentally things fall in place.

Had another incidence in 2010 which rattled my faith.
One of my favorite books was "GOD's GENERALS" and the story of Kathrine KULMAN was my favorite. I got very carried away by one of her proteges BENNY HIN and really loved his book GOOD MORNING HOLY SPIRIT.
I always felt I had a similar calling to Kathrine Kulman. So marriage was something I believed won't be for me. All I wanted was to fully give myself to God.
So when ever I have the opportunity, I made sure I let the Spirit work fully. Manifesting so people would know God is real and affects their reality.
I never felt anything is impossible for God.
So early 2010 (before the idanre Outreach), we were on outreach to Ajabuto, a farming community in Ondo state.
The head of the community was a blind man and they still served idols. In fact there was an idol right in from of the community head's house.

This Outreach was a turning point in the lives of all ASF members that were involved. (We must have been more than 40 that were involved).
Everyone that went on this outreach returned to futa fully convinced of the supernatural.
For the first time in their lives, they were laying hands on the sick and casting out demons.

That night as the villagers gathered and I preached, many never knew what to expect. When I began giving word of knowledge and people were coming out responding. I asked the other ASF members I was with to start praying for people laying hands on them. And the whole place exploded.
I remember a brother coming to meet me after the program excited and saying he could not believe he layed hands on people and they were falling and reacting to the power of God. Many ASF members that were on this outreach got baptised in the spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues.
It was spectacular. It was like being in the Shangrila of the Holy Spirit.

We were confident God was ready to do anything and everything no matter how impossible it may seem.

The community head did not attend the crusade so we visited him early in the morning the next day. Remember the man was blind and had an idol at the entrance to his house.

Long story short, this man gave his life to christ that morning, abolished idol worshiping.
BUT. How could we preach a God that is greater than all other gods, a God who is the Almighty, All powerful! All loving!
A god we claim is better than his idol and yet leave this man blind. NO way! This man will see today!
So we prayed that God should restore his sight. A simple prayer that did not work. Then we had to query the man if he lacked faith (I remember this incidence with sadness). The man was almost in tears, he kept shout ""Jesu Mogbagbo!"
("Jesus I believe!". )
Damn!
"Heal me! I believe!"
Seeing him in this condition asking Jesus to heal him touched me. I insisted we won't leave until he sees.
We prayed and prayed and prayed. You can guess the rest. The man stayed the same.

I could not sleep the night of that day. I kept asking, "why?"

"Maybe the man lacked faith" common you can't be serious this man wanted to see badly, he wanted God to heal him. He was begging God with all his heart.
"Maybe I was doing it to show off". Haba! I knew I wasn't. I felt bad for this poor man.
There was absolutely no reason why God should not have healed that man.
God was mute, he never told me why.
Yet he promises that, "ANYTHING WE ASK IN HIS NAME SHALL BE GRANTED. ANYTHING!" "IF WE HAD FAITH LIKE A MUSTARD SEED WE WILL ASK MOUNTAINS TO BE UPROOTED AND THROWN INTO THE SEA" don't try to twist these scriptures. They are simple and straight forward, Problem is it does not work. Even if you have faith as big as pawpaw you can never command grass to be uprooted talkless of commanding mountain with mustard seed faith.
God is a liar, he does not honor his promises. Deep in my heart I knew this was the answer, but I had a deep relationship with God that would never allow such to take root easily.
But if God could not do this what can he now do? What was the value of his promises. His word that he has exulted above all His names?

Indeed something was wrong.
I can't continue to blame myself, the devil and people for God not doing what he promises even after all criterias has been met. And most annoying is he won't even reveal why he is not honouring his word, you have to keep guessing.

Indeed something was wrong, I knew where the problem was, but it was terrifying to even think of it. So God takes glories for good things that coincidentally happens to man (hard work or coincidence), but we take the blame when God fails in his own end of the bargain
The blind man was not healed because your faith was smaller than the mustard seed. Instead of growing your faith you drew back. Heb. 10:38'now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him'
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ranchhoddas: 12:24pm On May 02, 2016
Millex:
God is not Dead, in the end we would know who's right or who is wrong, just pray to be on the right side.
It's however not a competition, life, salvation is a personal Journey. I choose to work out my own salvation with Jesus with fear and trembling, It's a personal Journey.
Lucifer grew too wise and rebelled again God, man that God created are becoming too wise and rebelling against God.
God is just watching, devil is busy laughing and rejoicing, in the end who would laugh last? Only God knows.
Man would always search for answers it's what happens when the fruit of knowledge of good and evil has been eaten. God in his mercies tried to save us this stress but devil constantly rebelling against God did his best and succeeded in Adams case,
God had to raise Jesus to come, become the divine lamb, with pure and divine blood. To be the final sacrifice, no longer do we need to shed blood of animals.
Wisdom of man trying to quantify God is the reason why you can't understand God.
Why do bad things happen? and all? Why did he heal the blind village head? Why not ask God at the end of time. Remember Daniel prayed for sometime and didn't get answers till God showed him what was happening in the spirit realm. Maybe that's why God didn't answer your prayers, maybe there's another reason. God really doesn't need to prove himself to anyone, if you won't believe you won't believe. That's why the rich man was told even if the dead come back to life to tell you about God and all man who won't believe won't believe.
I laugh however the manifestation of the endtimes when man would be wise of his own knowledge, the rise of false prophets and people who have become too familiar with God, who has known God too much. It's sad however that many would be swayed by vain wisdom.
To all who have known God and we're swayed, Jesus is still knocking on the door your hear, to those who never knew, I pray you encounter Jesus like saul-paul you too would make a great apostle. To those holding steadfast to your faith, hold on to the faith, do not sleep nor slumber, be wise to the devices of the devil.
Rev 22:11-12: He that is unjust, let him be unjust still, and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still, and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according to his work.
Happy workers day.
Look at your signature.You are wasting your mind.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by kolinz(m): 12:24pm On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Again incorrect, where did the evolution theory assert that man is billions of years old

Why is it that people always argue ignorantly over what they don't even know... I am sure you never read a book on evolution.

That was an assertion on my part, I was waiting for you to clear me on the issue of the origin of the universe and man the atheist way.
U have carefully avoided that part and want to dwell on my assertion.
Well, the universe according to science is over a billion year old, is it safe to say that man is also billions of years?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by swaggzo(m): 12:27pm On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

..LOL.. Its useless engaging this one

I SPOTTED ONE OF HIS FULISH THREADS ABOUT TITHES. .. I HOPE IT MAKES FP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by swaggzo(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2016
kolinz:

That was an assertion on my part, I was waiting for you to clear me on the issue of the origin of the universe and man the atheist way.
Well, the universe according to science is over a billion year old, is it safe to say that man is also billions of years?

NO.
ACCORDING TO SCIENCE, DRAGONS, DINOS, AND OTHER TERRIBLE CREATURES INHERITED THE EARTH FOR MOST OF THAT TIME.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ranchhoddas: 12:32pm On May 02, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Do you know most serial killers are a product of information (books they read) they have acquired. Believe it or not what you are now is a product of information you have acquired. Every terrorist is a product of information as every good man is a product of information, non of us was born good or bad.

Help yourself by giving yourself to acquire information you will like to resemble
Even if that information is untrue? I want to 'resemble' Harry Potter so I should only Harry Potter when I know he is not real.Is that what you are saying?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by DrDxtrz: 12:33pm On May 02, 2016
Until I joined this forum, I never had a reason to question my belief religion-wise. 
I grew up in a society where it's never an issue, some go to church, some don't, it's based on choice. I never fancied it, my big sister goes to church, so does my ma, me padre and most of my uncles, my other siblings just take each day as it comes, you work hard, get your results, you get lucky.. then you get lucky, it's never credited to some rather phantom supreme being.
Even believers really don't give credit to the Christian god, my ma never attributed luck to a god.
It's just laughable really, am sorry I just laughed, since I moved to nigeria, I just laugh when I see how serious most people take religion, the vigils, and many other time wasting routines on weekdays and weekends, yet the continent remain pretty underdeveloped, and poverty is rampant.
Les manos have your own traditional religions still, yet abandoned it for some shipped over middle eastern god, Africans are really insecure tbt, and always seek approvals from the west, it's pathetic.
Les estan demasiado loco

7 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wirinet(m): 12:34pm On May 02, 2016
kolinz:

It is safe to say you are wrong. According to evolutionary biology, modern man is roughly 150,0000 years old. This is even besides the point. In reality no one really knows and can know the origin of the universe, science only try to make an educated guess based on available evidence. In the meantime, one thing is certain, the universe was not created by white bearded Jewish old man, using Jewish words (which we were told was actually his son). There is no shred of evidence to support this hypothesis.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ranchhoddas: 12:35pm On May 02, 2016
Danyl:

Just like Job asked God several questions but never received any answer, but when God finally answered him, he knew outrightly that he has sinned against God. God is our father but He can't be taken by surprise, however one thing is certain, when God decides to bring you back to His fold you will be surprised. He is not done with you yet. Sometimes it takes that little extra to see things the way God see things. There is only a very thin line between truth and error but many have slipped into error thinking they are still in line with God, and some think they are on the right path but they totally slipped into error, it will take God nothing to redeem you but for those who are once enlightened, who have tasted of the heavenly gift, that have known the power of God, and of the ages to come, if they slip away it is impossible for them to be brought back but my prayer is that this will not be your portion. There is light at the end of the tunnel. One of the scientists who was an atheist realized on his sick bed that truly there is God but he never did accept Christ before his demise. my believe is that the very basis of atheism is 'there is no God', but the end will justify the means.
Linus..name the scientist.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Davidovinci(m): 12:36pm On May 02, 2016
I'm not religious but one thing i know for certain is that "GOD IS REAL"

Deny him at ur own perile(Mathew 10:33)

Y'all should know Salvation is a personal thing.....

No time to debate,argue or even quarrel. Believe what you want, but "On that day" We go know how far!...

If you've read the book of revelations and you still have no idea what's happening to this world (plus OP's post)....OYO!

I'M A CHRISTIAN AND I'M PROUD!

Peace-out!

13 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Millex(m): 12:38pm On May 02, 2016
wirinet:

Please read what you wrote slowly, and see whether it makes any sense. God does not need human verification to be real but he goes into fits and rage at those that fails to verify him as real. God foes not need human verification, but he permit Devil to test job to see if job can remain loyal in face of adversaries. In fact the whole of the bible is all about the obsession of God for human verification.
I read it and it makes sense I repeat God doesn't need man's verification to be real.
Luke 19:40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
It's just that it's hurts God that man who he created in his own image allow themselves to be used by devil to hurt Him.
Genesis 6:5-7 : and God saw the wickedness of man was great in the earth and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth and it grieved him at his heart. And the Lord said I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth both man and the breath and the creeping thing and the fowls of the air for it repented me that I have made them.
But God is merciful.
But Noah found grace in the of the Lord. Genesis 6:8
And God wasn't just sitting around chilling with devil.
Job 1:6 : Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord and Satan came among them.
The same way where the people of God gather in his name agents of devil, the tares would come to pollute. But God said he would prune the herd, cut out the wheat from the tares.
The promise of God to every believer is that when the mortal toil is over, we would go home to Heaven where we who have endured, have be tried and tested by fire would go to dwell in eternity. The kindom of Heaven is too holy to accommodate evil. Call me delusional thinking there is the holy kingdom waiting for me in Heaven, thank you I have hope for my end. What is your hope? That you just cease to exist? Or u would be reincarnated? Well Jesus is standing at the door of your heart knocking, hoping that you open, open today experience everlasting life.
John 3:17: For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by CoolUsername: 12:38pm On May 02, 2016
opeaceo:

and why did Jesus "stop" the stoning of the adulterous woman since the Bible is the unchanging word of God?

that'sthejoke.jpg

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by kolinz(m): 12:40pm On May 02, 2016
swaggzo:

NO.
ACCORDING TO SCIENCE, DRAGONS, DINOS, AND OTHER TERRIBLE CREATURES INHERITED THE EARTH FOR MOST OF THAT TIME.

Don't tell me another that one day something else is going to evolve from humans, that would be ridiculous because Christians are already in the last days.

Anyway, human mind is dynamic in nature and capable of undergoing transition both in faith, believe and whatever. Do what works for you now till it no longer works. I am not about coercing anyone into anything but if I should, I would say just like Pascal it is safe to remain a believer because it doesn't cost a dime
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Weah96: 12:42pm On May 02, 2016
promise101:
Wow, a new wise fool!

I pray that you will be smiling while dying on your deathbed.

Smiling, crying, shitt.ing, who cares? Do you see what we do to the dead? We put them in the soil with the worms.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ranchhoddas: 12:48pm On May 02, 2016
You are a total m0ron.If you had paid any attention in biology class.You would have known the answers to these infantile questions you are asking.[quote author=ExplicitContent post=45238933]As far as am concerned the OP is still very pointless,clueless and confused.. this basis for your Lost was conformed out of the desire to know everything.. and even as the bible has provided us with every knowledge we will seek of you never used it. You were in a haste to disagree with God. You claim to serve God and gave him your all and all but you were restricted to a single entity of worship. From the little questions and post you'v made I can see you are empty.
You never had knowledge. You were just doing works base on spirituality alone which is far from being the basis to ascertain a true Christian. Your doings were base on routine and obligations. Not by belief, love and submission.

You'd not read your Bible completely and for full understanding cause if you did you wouldn't be asking some childish questions am seeing on here. Who told you you saw it all? I laugh.
You were just about miracles,healing and spirituality which is very limited to a single entity of service. And does not in anyway uplift your purity,righteousness, knowledge,conformity and true relationship with the Holy spirit.

Okay look at you now.
You sitting on the fence about God's excellence and you not ashamed. How will you in your right senses now say there is no God. Do you know the source of the food you eat? What is water? Where does it pours out from. Why will one seize to exist if he stops breathing? What's behind the mystery of air in open. What is actually beneath the earth(ground) you have your legs on.
Have you travelled by air before? Do you see those heights?
Look at you!
|where were you when I layed the earth's foundation? Tell me if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know. Who stretch a measuring line across it. On what were the footings set? Or who laid the cornerstone - Job 38 :4-6
Your lost son.

|Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses of the deep? Have the gates of death been shown to you? Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death? Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Tell me if you know all this- Job 38 16-18.. oh lord.
OP, who endowed the heart with wisdom and gave understanding to the mind?
Who pours out rain? Who directs the way of the lightening bolts.
Can you raise your voice to the clouds and cover yourself with flood of water?
(excerpts from the book of Job)

Stupid kids who persist in foolishness you don't know it's only by God's power you exist(whether u believe in him or not) now you declare war on the lord when before you were born he form you in the uterus.
|who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me - Job 41:11

You are condemning God to justify yourself?
Listen here, The perfections of God are not affected by human opinion. everything in the universe is under his control,his rule and dominion. If you like believe if like don't, you don't affect the existence of anything not even yourself. Can you create a leaf? Or an ant.
You claim you were close to God yet you sound too ignorant(indeed you are) to know basic/deep truths.. how could you ask such a clueless question as why God allow people to suffer in earth. In this Age. You forgot your genesis, the sin of Adam, the 1st destruction,2nd destruction, God's promise not to destroy earth again. His sovereignty,the coming of christ,its significance. .
Gracious God!
See, Even in the farthest galaxy God has the glory,consistency for God is a none category.
One coolest thing is that even uponst all these you have done, if you eventually ask God for forgiveness his will forgive you. He is too merciful & gracious.
The calculation is 36,000ft below sea level about 7miles deep.
I don't use hell or eternal damnation as the basis of making people understand why they need to serve God. Rather, the fear of God because He is the creator of the universe and everything in it. God in His essence is infinite, transcendent,unlimited,exorbitant and omnipresent. There's not one sector or section that's left unaffected by his perfection.
Look, you can't fathom His understanding, we are like babies to him. His power can't be compared, even got exhaustive knowledge non can share..(not even you)
Believe me you were too shallow in your acclaimed service to in God.

And when I look at the lost ones with you..Sometimes I wish I could play God for a day, I will open up the gates let the world see my face, remove all doubts from the ones
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 02, 2016
nelsonoba:

Oga, the last time i checked, this was a public forum and i'm not preventing the NEW ATHEIST from writing his story. I also do not expect you to obstruct my answers when i make a comment and the NEW ATHEIST or any of his group members question my comment. I do not recall trying to address you directly in any of my questions/answers with the NEW ATHEIST

You're such a retärđ
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by JustCurious: 12:53pm On May 02, 2016
Guard your heart with ALL diligence.
Guard your heart with ALL diligence.
Let him that thinks he stands, take heed lest he falls

#These scripture verses keep popping up on my mind.

I am reading this thread, no more.

Signs out of here!!

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by nynbrada: 12:55pm On May 02, 2016
HardMirror:
CONTINUATION...
My gradual loss in believe in the bible kept growing. I can say 2010 was the year I was last a christian, 2011 was the year of researching christianity and asking the important questions, 2012 I made up my mind i have had enough of being afraid of the truth.

We give a lot of excuses for god when things don't work out the way we expect and we praise god when coincidentally things fall in place.

Had another incidence in 2010 which rattled my faith.

So early 2010 (before the idanre Outreach), we were on outreach to Ajabuto, a farming community in Ondo state.

This Outreach was a turning point in the lives of all ASF members that were involved. (We must have been more than 40 that were involved).
Everyone that went on this outreach returned to futa fully convinced of the supernatural.
For the first time in their lives, they were laying hands on the sick and casting out demons.

Good! I have read your story from the very first page up to this page 17, and i've been itching to quote you so as to expose many of the self contraditory claims that your story is riddled with.

To begin with, can you kindly explain what you mean @ the bolded, that your colleagues with you at the outreach for the first time in their Christian experience were laying hands on the sick and casting out demons.

So what sickness/ailment were the locals actually healed from. That now made your colleagues to be fully convinced of the supernatural, which absurdly and regrettable you are now discountenancing.

Again i beg of you to kindly intimate us with the particular sickness or ailment that the locals were healed of.

'Cos this claims of the miraculious seems to have become a recurrent theme in this your epistle.

And it beggars the question of how someone who claims that miracles are real and have had a personal on-hand experience of such to now turn around and claim he does not believe in God who happens to be a supernatural phenonena.

So it is either your claims of your colleague laying hands on the sick and getting them healed is true and this automatically disproves your claim that God doesn't exist or that the spiritual/supernatural realm does not exist as these dumb Atheistard would have themselves believe.

Lets create a hypothetical scenario to get my point clearer. So lets assume that one of the locals was healed of a tumor or paralysis, now, what natural rational can yu posit that made this healing possible since you are now claiming that God does not exist.

Can this very healing phenomenum be attributed to a mere layiny on of hands by ur colleagues, acting under your instructions? If "Yes", what natural/scientific rational can you use to explain it and if "No" why are you now denying the God/supernatural factor.

And at the other side of the coins it is either your cliams of your colleagues healing the sick is false. And embarrasingly, this makes yu an impostor as far as being a high flying Christian you are claiming to be is concerned.

Actaully i know the level you are operating from spiritually but in your pride, yu now think you know it all, seen it all and the infallible Hardmirror knows better than God his creator, he once had a father n son relationship with but now nay G(g)od doesn't exist.

Archetypal"BRANHAM" of our age. So much mono-spiritual gifting{word of knowledge] with little grounding on d word of God and understanding in the dynamics n fundamentals of faith.

Young man stop allowing the devil to be using ur head and spirit to be playing Champions League football.

A word is enough for the wise.

I asked the other ASF members I was with to start praying for people laying hands on them. And the whole place exploded.
Many ASF members that were on this outreach got baptised in the spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues.

Oga Atheist Hard Softmirror, pls, explain what you mean @ the bolded, 'cos we the Atheistard here are at loss over this spiritual nebular yu are traversing.

Biko, what do yu mean by receiving the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in tongue. Because the last i checked G(g)od doesn't exist and consequently any claim for spiritual/supernatural phenomenom is false and hoax.

So pls, what natural/scientific rational do yu have to explain this "receiving of the Holy Ghost with evidece of speaking in tongue" your ASF members received, since G(g)od doesn't exist n there is nothing like spiritual/supernatural phenomenom, or else these claims of yours are false and like i said before, that simply makes you an impostor/charlatan.

Ewu!

It was spectacular. It was like being in the Shangrila of the Holy Spirit.

Bla....bla...bla....bla...Holy Spirit doesn't exist, so all your Shangrila are hoax. Mbok!

I will try n see if i can make out time and expose many of ur lies.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wirinet(m): 12:56pm On May 02, 2016
kolinz:

Don't tell me another that one day something else is going to evolve from humans, that would be ridiculous because Christians are already in the last days.

Anyway, human mind is dynamic in nature and capable of undergoing transition both in faith, believe and whatever. Do what works for you now till it no longer works. I am not about coercing anyone into anything but if I should, I would say just like Pascal it is safe to remain a believer because it doesn't cost a dime
No. Humans would never evolve into something else in the one day , it will take tens of millennia according to environmental and ecological changes. Evolution is a gradual process of allowing living things to adapt to changing climatic and ecological conditions. Without evolution, all living creatures on this planet would have been extinct by now.

Your pascal wager cost you more than a dime. First it will cost you millions if not tens if millions of naira in the guise of tithes and offerings, but it will cost you much more in time wasted. Time you should have used to add value to yourself and the world in general, you are wasting in church services, fellowships, night vigils, Etc. For example, the op is obviously a very brilliant and gifted fellow, imagine what he would have achieved for himself and his society had he used the energy and efforts he used for Christian activities for more productive activities?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 02, 2016
Ganjafama:
Mr man what do you know about satan? The writers of the Bible were trying to discredit satan
. But have you had the opportunity of hearing Satan's side of the story?can you pin point one evil satan committed in the Bible? I can pin point over a million evils your god yahweh committed in the Bible. The so-called Bible you guys are carrying up and down is just a book that was written by men like you. Those men are not more intelligent or pious than you and I.

I'll recommend he reads the Codex Gigas, the Devils Bible as we know it.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 1:02pm On May 02, 2016
neoapocalypse:

I'll recommend he reads the Codex Gigas, the Devils Bible as we know it.

they are all the same bullshiit.. regurgitating the same myth and crap all over and over
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 02, 2016
danny56:

Haba! With d depth u wrote from see what threw u off d course of Christ...... Go back to ur Bible, your answers are there. (1) Take note of the free will of humans.. (2) if God enforce His will on man against man's wish, it becomes witchcraft, yes! (3) learn also about every believer's authority.
Is God going to enforce his will on man in heaven, or is he going to give them free will?

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by matrix199(m): 1:04pm On May 02, 2016
Are we still on this matter? I thought this argument would have stopped by now. It's a stalemate. The christians won't budge, neither would the deep thinkers.

If the "Cs" think they're on the right track, when they die, they'll find out if they are or not. If the "As" think they're on the right track, they'll find out as well.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 1:07pm On May 02, 2016
wirinet:

No. Humans would never evolve into something else in the one day , it will take tens of millennia according to environmental and ecological changes. Evolution is a gradual process of allowing living things to adapt to changing climatic and ecological conditions. Without evolution, all living creatures on this planet would have been extinct by now.

Your pascal wager cost you more than a dime. First it will cost you millions if not tens if millions of naira in the guise of tithes and offerings, but it will cost you much more in time wasted. Time you should have used to add value to yourself and the world in general, you are wasting in church services, fellowships, night vigils, Etc. For example, the op is obviously a very brilliant and gifted fellow, imagine what he would have achieved for himself and his society had he used the energy and efforts he used for Christian activities for more productive activities?

He invoked Pascal wager to show that religious beliefs are really driven by uncertainty, he is unsure that is why he would rather opt for a gamble like the pascl wager.

And affirms religious beliefs are fueled by fear and that fear drives their faith. . He is afraid of what a God might do to him in case it turns out to be real and is belief monger and childishly vain.

So that fear drives his belief and faith.

I think Myths, fantasies and religions are like a drug.. People would rather take the easy religious pill of gullible faith and believe things that will make them feel all good warm and cozzy in a world of unparalleled delusion.

Rather than brace up, shed off these myths and see the world as it really is whether it feels good or not..

We should all judge our progress by courage of our questions and the depth of our answers and our sincerity to agree with what is true rather than believe what we want because it feels good.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 1:08pm On May 02, 2016
PastorAIO:
I think I get what many here have been wanting the OP to get to.

They were waiting for some traumatic event in the story of the op that would explain his change of beliefs.

Armed with such a traumatic incident they can explain away his apostasy by saying that it's an emotional reaction.

As the op told the story though it seems that it was a slow process of rational evaluation. Very unsatisfying.

Very unsatisfying.

[size=32pt] EXACTLY![/size]

grin grin grin grin

Some are here scurrying for errors to pick from my profile, my posts. They are desperately looking for anything to discredit this thread.
After all done and nothing tangible to hold on to, the begin to define me.

If the story had been
"Oh I hate god, he allowed my mother to die, I won't serve him again." They would have believed.

It is just so impossible for them to wrap their heads on the fact that a fruitful, grounded christian can end up ditching the bible.

Abeg I no fit shout jare grin

7 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 1:08pm On May 02, 2016
kolinz:

Great one from you, since you guys don't believe in the existence of any God or god could you please tell me here what you believe to be the true account of the creation of earth and the origin of man using empirical evidence.

Take the following in consideration,
1, logic is not enough to counter the existence of God i. e because u don't believe doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
2, man have existed for over a billion years

Now since u believe only empirical evidence there are chances that the people you call your parents aren't really your biological parents, unless you have gone for a DNA testing. How many of you atheists have doubts of their parents? It still boils down to faith. You need it, I need it, its in everyone's sub conscious mind

Because u dont beliv in fairies and the celestial teapot doesnt mean they dont exist

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 1:11pm On May 02, 2016
Ayomikun37:
Is God going to enforce his will on man in heaven, or is he going to give them free will?

they always forget this question when swimming in the fantasy of an eternal blissful paradise.

will freewill be taken away from man? then man's existence in Paradise will be nothing more than a zombie-like existence just like a robot gallivanting up and down in an infinite repetition forever... who in the world wants to live like that?

Will man also have freewill in heaven? then the same problem will occur all over again as an exercise of freewill.

and we are back again to the same show all over again..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 1:11pm On May 02, 2016
kolinz:

Great one from you, since you guys don't believe in the existence of any God or god could you please tell me here what you believe to be the true account of the creation of earth and the origin of man using empirical evidence.

Take the following in consideration,
1, logic is not enough to counter the existence of God i. e because u don't believe doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
2, man have existed for over a billion years

Now since u believe only empirical evidence there are chances that the people you call your parents aren't really your biological parents, unless you have gone for a DNA testing. How many of you atheists have doubts of their parents? It still boils down to faith. You need it, I need it, its in everyone's sub conscious mind

In ur dreams probably. The homosapiens appeared on the scene only about 150000years ago

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by CoolUsername: 1:12pm On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Current girl friend is an atheist, A popular one here on Nairaland at that... I'm a lucky bastard grin

For my kids i intend to raise them free, they won't be atheists or theists, rather maintain that default stance we all have from birth which is Pure agnosticism.

When they grow to the age of reason they can develop their own ideas not feed them my own ideas

I'm so jelly right now!

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by kolinz(m): 1:13pm On May 02, 2016
wirinet:

It is really not easy to serve God I must admit thats why his Grace is important in his service. I am not saying that I am too religious but there are some events that can happen in a man's life, he simply cannot say there is no God.
I believe there is time for everything, nobody expects me to spend the whole of the day in church when there are things to be done.

About giving, it's not peculiar to Christians because life places the burden to give on us. If you don't give willingly someone can come begging so we can't run away from giving.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.