Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview (27875 Views)

7 Tips To Help You Answer The Interview Question, “tell Me About Yourself” / How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? / Mistake Made During Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by heywhyho(f): 6:13am On May 02, 2016
uc4uandc:
Hi friends, I have an interview on Tuesday. What do I say if asked the salary question (fresh graduate #entry level). A friend said he go disqualified for that......am kinda nervous already.
when asked that question you say they have there salary structure its there decision. During my own that was what I said I never knew it will be well above 250k for my 1st Job. Don't fall into the trap of you saying it.I would have said 100. But I told they already have their scale.
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by uzolexis(f): 6:46am On May 02, 2016
corperscorner:

45k.....aiico....leadway....IGI.....et al

Sorry bro...jes d harsh reality.

Cornerstone pays 120k
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by dyfatai(m): 4:22pm On May 02, 2016
mirakuru:

what's your salary expectation?
Ans: well I believe my remuneration should be based on the qualifications and experience or competency that I bring to your organization and what is obtainable in same position in a similar organization..

with this you are doing yourself some good by not mentioning a particular amount which is below your worth, and more so you won't get the employer angry by mentioning outrageous amount which the employer feels is just too much.

This was exactly what I told my current employer when asked the question. The entire panel went agog and asked if we all crammed from the same textbook cos that's exactly what the 4 interviewees before me said. I ended up quoting a figure. so there is no answer that cut across board. just research the company and quote a figure.
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by Chrisjane(f): 11:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
Just went for an interview today and they wanted an amount for salary. l said 50k but am regretting. l should have said a higher amount.
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by Tkayhandsome(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
Common sweet, that's greed. I guess something prompted you before you said 50?
I went to a small firm yesterday and when I told them 40, they said it was too much. Imagine 40k too much for a graduate? Well I guess every graduate is worth much more, if the company can pay and you have no job yet, why not accept their offer and keep searching for another? Job no dey ever finish. People resign everyday' people are also employed everyday. May God grant us good success.
Chrisjane:
Just went for an interview today and they wanted an amount for salary. l said 50k but am regretting. l should have said a higher amount.
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by Chrisjane(f): 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
Common sweet, that's greed. I guess something prompted you before you said 50?
I went to a small firm yesterday and when I told them 40, they said it was too much. Imagine 40k too much for a graduate? Well I guess every graduate is worth much more, if the company can pay and you have no job yet, why not accept their offer and keep searching for another? Job no dey ever finish. People resign everyday' people are also employed everyday. May God grant us good success.

It wasn't greed dear. l don't know why employers capitalise on the salary question to exploit potential employees. lt was a multinational company and l have Msc, though without experience. Some companies can afford to pay higher but when you quote an amount lower than the structured salary, they happily leap up in joy for their exploitation games.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Sister Might Have Been Brainwashed By GNLD / Recruitment Into The Nigerian Army 2020 Begins. How To Apply / Is The Nigeria Custom Service Recruiting For This Year,2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.