Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:11 AM

Chemical & Process Engineers Forum - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chemical & Process Engineers Forum (81174 Views)

Agricultural Engineers Forum: Lets Meet Here And Share Our Experiences! / AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. / Mechanical Engineers Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by connkg(m): 6:03am On May 18, 2010
Hello Chemical Engineers!

Something big is supposed to be happening in Bayelsa State. Please keep your applications ready, if you are interested.
Attached is a newspaper link: http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=173475
Please, House, inform and help others keep track of opportunities like this.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Superbrain(m): 11:01am On May 20, 2010
Just read the article. Nice content. I hope the PIB is implemented on the project. Thanks dude.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by urhobotie: 1:07pm On May 27, 2010
well i think there are many prospects 4 pcocess engrs most especially in the upstream.well i am thinking of doing masters after graduating.i need a candid advice whether to continue in chemical engr or go into another branch of engineering.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by brayan(m): 12:21am On May 29, 2010
hello please i would be really grateful if anyone can tell me how to get a cracked chemcad software coz it would really help me in my final year project
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by depiero(m): 8:38am On May 30, 2010
hello every1, i will b extremely greatful if anyone can plz tell me how to get a cracked version of Pro/II simulation software. am modelling a reactive distillatn column
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by marcustan(m): 11:40pm On May 31, 2010
Hi house, this Forum is a realgood one, i believe that if we start posting problems that we encounter while practising or in school,it will be very educative and will draw a lot of people both amateur and experienced. I am a chemcal engr undergraduate in FUTO in final year. We have already been overwhelmed with Our project and design.Am having a problem designing a plant that will Produce a 100,000 metric tonnes of lactic acid per year. I have done a lot of research and am getting loads of info, but the work is real tasking especially when it comes to doing the energy and material balance and even the actual design of the individual units. I dont know if everyone has a material that has a detailed work of production of Lactic acid or a detailed flowsheet which i can use.Please if you do u can attach it or if u have any advise, it will be welcomed,
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 11:47am On Jun 01, 2010
marcustan:

Hi house, this Forum is a realgood one, i believe that if we start posting problems that we encounter while practising or in school,it will be very educative and will draw a lot of people both amateur and experienced. I am a chemcal engr undergraduate in FUTO in final year. We have already been overwhelmed with Our project and design.Am having a problem designing a plant that will Produce a 100,000 metric tonnes of lactic acid per year. I have done a lot of research and am getting loads of info, but the work is real tasking especially when it comes to doing the energy and material balance and even the actual design of the individual units. I dont know if everyone has a material that has a detailed work of production of Lactic acid or a detailed flowsheet which i can use.Please if you do u can attach it or if u have any advise, it will be welcomed,
try and google it and if you have any specific problem with heat and material balance then bring them here
http://www.unu.edu/unupress/unupbooks/80434e/80434E0Y.GIF
http://www.jurag.dk/Lactic-acid-process-description.pdf
http://www.lactic-acid.com/production_process.html
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by marcustan(m): 4:38am On Jun 02, 2010
@ Kenny G,thanks a million.I found ur website links very helpful, I will get to work and i will post issues i may get performing the calculations, thanx
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 3:17pm On Jun 03, 2010
marcustan:

@ Kenny G,thanks a million.I found your website links very helpful, I will get to work and i will post issues i may get performing the calculations, thanx
no problem
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by infokid4u: 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2010
Hello,

Who knows the MSC Admission procedure for Advanced Process Engineering in University of Manchester.

Regards,

Infokid
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Adekaz82: 11:41am On Jun 06, 2010
@mojir could u pls help me out in getting anybody in osu male or female am in d uk and i need some information abt d uni and its very important i dont mind paying for dis.thanks
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by marcustan(m): 11:09pm On Jun 12, 2010
Please what is the heat capacity of starch and glucose?or tghe standard enthalpy of formation of StarchI realy need these properties as i want to get the energy balance of a reactor, A reference to some sort of data bank will be appreciated too, thanx
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by SHILPAIYR: 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2010
Hi

I am a chemical engineering student,in final sem of B.E, Yokagowa is coming 4 placement, I wud like to know how the company is for a frsher, and if poss, cud you send me links of yokagowa placement papers, also, cud you tell me which are the most imp subj I sud look thru b4 the interview,

thanks
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by debosky(m): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2010
marcustan:

Please what is the heat capacity of starch and glucose?or tghe standard enthalpy of formation of StarchI realy need these properties as i want to get the energy balance of a reactor, A reference to some sort of data bank will be appreciated too, thanx

http://webbook.nist.gov/cgi/cbook.cgi?ID=C492626&Units=CAL&Mask=2

Regarding starch, you will likely require the composition of the specific starch you are talking about - is it cassava starch, corn starch or millet starch?

It is unlikely you will be able to find enthalpy of formation for starch as such, since it is a biological compound not formed by a simple process.

Most of the other sources require a subscription to journals. I may be able to help with that sometime next week, but not right now.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by blinx4real(m): 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2010
marcustan:

Starch is the major form of stored carbohydrate in plants, composed of a mixture of two substances: amylose, an essentially linear polysaccharide, and amylopectin, a highly branched polysaccharide. Both forms of starch are polymers of α-D-Glucose. Natural starches contain 10-20% amylose and 80-90% amylopectin. Starch typically contains of 200 to 20,000 glucose units(ref: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/carbohydrates1.html)

Basically, what I am trying to tell you is that as young engineers, learn how to find information. If you have enough internet access to get into nairaland a simple google search will provide you with the information you need.
I could easily have put the standard enthalpy of starch here for you now, but DIY, that way you learn better.

Better still search for tools and spreadsheets online that can give you these physical ppts and keep them handy, try www.cheresources.com its a good site for chemical engineering info

cheers
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by marcustan(m): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2010
I have checked various sites and i havn't seen it,thats why i posted that, You could have just helped me by telling me what it is if u knew it.But anyway thanks for the link i would check it out
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by marcustan(m): 11:11pm On Jun 16, 2010
@Debosky thanks,i am realy looking forward to your next post,
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by SHILPAIYR: 10:04am On Jun 18, 2010
Hi

My friend who has done her chemical engg has got an interview call for graduate training program at NAL.I wanted to know more about the training program.Its a one yr program wit a stipend of 9000 bucks, After her training will she be directly absorbed at NAL as an employee?Is the program worth it after spending 1 year?
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by connkg(m): 6:13am On Jun 20, 2010
Sorry I am cutting in so sharply,

I do not know much about NAL. I wanted to make a comment on the Deepwater Horizon/ Gulf of Mexico incident.
I made a comment to friends last week that process pipeline spills in Nigeria do not receive as much attention as this fissure leak by the blowout preventer loss. I know of an entire community that was relocated in the Nigerian Niger Delta. If you have any experience in similar neglect or professional handling of an oil spill by same/ similar company, could you please state why you think it was well-handled or not?
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 10:02pm On Jun 20, 2010
conn-kg:

Sorry I am cutting in so sharply,

I do not know much about NAL. I wanted to make a comment on the Deepwater Horizon/ Gulf of Mexico incident.
I made a comment to friends last week that process pipeline spills in Nigeria do not receive as much attention as this fissure leak by the blowout preventer loss. I know of an entire community that was relocated in the Nigerian Niger Delta. If you have any experience in similar neglect or professional handling of an oil spill by same/ similar company, could you please state why you think it was well-handled or not?
The question is how many of the oil spilsl in the Niger Delta area are acts of vandalism by disenchanted locals/rebels compared to the BP issue which is at least an "accident",
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by blinx4real(m): 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2010
marcustan:

I have checked various sites and i havn't seen it,thats why i posted that, You could have just helped me by telling me what it is if u knew it.But anyway thanks for the link i would check it out
I have decided to oblige you, because I saw your post at chemicalforums.com and feel you really need a break, you seem like a dedicated guy.
Look for this book: Polymer Data Handbook (2nd Edition) Edited by: Mark, James E. © 2009 Oxford University Press

0.47Kj/K/mol for corn starch. The recommended literature will give you other values for other variants.
Glucose is a standard compound, you can even compute that if you wish.
I do hope u know that nairaland is not an authentic academic reference and cannot be quoted in your report, so get the books!
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by connkg(m): 12:31am On Jun 25, 2010
KennyG,

For the percentage not caused by vandalism, how responsible in Globally Sustainable terms have the multinationals been? Spills, flares and ecological damage seem to be compensated for by cash, scholarships and some bungalows called "schools". How responsible (in the light of the aftermath of the GOM incident) has every multinational company in Nigeria been?
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by larryUG(m): 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2010
Hello Nairalander

Please i need a place to do my Industrial Attachment (IT). I am a Petroleum Engineering student. Your help will be highly appreciated.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 12:31am On Jul 06, 2010
Keep this thread alive, grin
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by snthesis(m): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2010
yes Sir grin
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2010
snthesis:

yes Sir grin
grin grin
what's happening?
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by snthesis(m): 11:20am On Jul 08, 2010
nothing much for my side-
small projects here and dere.
HOPEFULLY the bigger ones would start rolling in as the effect of the budget and the uncertainity over the Petroleum industry bill (PIB) slowly kicks in. the local content act is a done deal- hope the govt has sufficient will to monitor its implementation sha - else its just another waste of paper.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by tefund(m): 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2010
With all the chemical engineers we have in nigeria,i think i it high time we start creating job rather than looking for one
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 09, 2010
I def wont be working in Nigeria.

Basket case.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by SHILPAIYR: 5:57am On Jul 10, 2010
Hi,

sorry for interrupting,

I have been called for counselling at UDCT for M.chem engg on 15th, I got thru gate score, will I be getting stipend as i am going thru gate?and is it worth doing at udct?
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by adejonny: 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2010
Any one in the house living in the UK with a NEBOSH qualification or member of IOSH please get in touch for a business proposition. Email jonnysmith20@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony / Kafayat Sanni: Nigeria's First Female Fighter Pilot (Pictures) / Kufre Nnah: Meet Millionaire Barber Who Came To Lagos With Only N5000 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.