Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? (6268 Views)

Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" / Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 12:50am On Aug 15, 2009
@$Osisi:  #120 on: Today at 12:13:57 AM »  
and then when the prophecy of Isaiah was to be fulfilled

behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.” So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet [Isaiah], saying, “Behold, the virgin shall be with Child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel,”  which is translated “God with us.” (Matthew 1:21-23,
Are you for real young girl, that you are suggesting by your writing, that Mary was already married, yet still a virgin when she got pregnant? Osisi, if you let me start asking questions like; when did she get pregnant and how long before the holy spirit made her pregnant, and Joseph son of David did not go to the pharisees to accuse her before the "fulfillment of Isiah prophesy", you will quickly retire away from nairaland! lol.

Listen, you know that no sane man will marry a virgin and let her remain a virgin overnight! Not a virgin man, and definitely not a seasoned man like "Joseph son of David!" At least for me, no virgin will marry me and I am left alone with her in our bedroom for few hours, she will emerge never a virgin again! This is the opinion of Dr. Valentine Okeke, too, by his saying that if you lock a piece of yam and unleached goat in a room, without any obstuction for it to get to the yam, when you open the room, one of them will be missing and it is not going to be the goat!

lol. Osisi, stop playing games because you know the impossibliity for a woman remaining long enough as a virgin after being married to a seasoned man, so such so that some unseen being "ghost" had a chance to get her pregnant. Not my woman. You hear. There will be too many grabbing and touching here and there, even if the mother inlaw is protecting the wife, she and the husband will find some quite place, away from her sight to do some serious grabbing!
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 1:01am On Aug 15, 2009
@$Osisi: « #126 on: Today at 12:34:28 AM »
New International Version (©1984)
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Which government on his shoulder and where is the headquarters of that government? Wonderful counselor who proclaimed another Comforter will come? I wonder why? He alone is mighty God, everlasting father prince of peace; but then there are three gods, and not a father god, but son god, and ansking people to buy sword is not exactly the handwork of a people person, especially when he said; I did not come except that I brought war and not peace!
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Abuzola(m): 1:19am On Aug 15, 2009
This is why the bible is corrupt, the jews holy book never said a god would be born. Question: Does the womb and vagina a dirty filthy hood ever harbour God ?

@david, muhammad converse and went to God's throne , father is a literal word in hebrew meaning God equivalent to Uban-giji in hausa which literally means fatherhood but God is the translated word
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by sosisi(f): 1:28am On Aug 15, 2009
olabowale:

@$Osisi:  #120 on: Today at 12:13:57 AM »  Are you for real young girl, that you are suggesting by your writing, that Mary was already married, yet still a virgin when she got pregnant? Osisi, if you let me start asking questions like; when did she get pregnant and how long before the holy spirit made her pregnant, and Joseph son of David did not go to the pharisees to accuse her before the "fulfillment of Isiah prophesy", you will quickly retire away from nairaland! lol.

Listen, you know that no sane man will marry a virgin and let her remain a virgin overnight! Not a virgin man, and definitely not a seasoned man like "Joseph son of David!" At least for me, no virgin will marry me and I am left alone with her in our bedroom for few hours, she will emerge never a virgin again! This is the opinion of Dr. Valentine Okeke, too, by his saying that if you lock a piece of yam and unleached goat in a room, without any obstuction for it to get to the yam, when you open the room, one of them will be missing and it is not going to be the goat!

lol. Osisi, stop playing games because you know the impossibliity for a woman remaining long enough as a virgin after being married to a seasoned man, so such so that some unseen being "ghost" had a chance to get her pregnant. Not my woman. You hear. There will be too many grabbing and touching here and there, even if the mother inlaw is protecting the wife, she and the husband will find some quite place, away from her sight to do some serious grabbing!

No wonder your brothers are clamouring for boko haram grin
reasoning flies over you
Ignorance is a disease indeed.
God is light years ahead of you mohammedans

when the Angel was making that proclamation,Mary was already pregnant and they were just bethroted i.e engaged
that is the only reason the angel was telling him not to be afraid to take her for a wife

Matt 1

The Birth of Jesus the Messiah

18 This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit. 19 Joseph, her fiancé, was a good man and did not want to disgrace her publicly, so he decided to break the engagement[h] quietly. 20 As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus,[i] for he will save his people from their sins
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by sosisi(f): 1:36am On Aug 15, 2009
The same virgin birth you make fun of and Jesus being the messiah, warraqua smuggled into the koran  before he died and the revelations ceased for a while till Mo found another Christian writer shocked shocked
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by sosisi(f): 1:43am On Aug 15, 2009
olabowale:

@$Osisi: « #126 on: Today at 12:34:28 AM » Which government on his shoulder and where is the headquarters of that government? Wonderful counselor who proclaimed another Comforter will come? I wonder why? He alone is mighty God, everlasting father prince of peace; but then there are three gods, and not a father god, but son god, and ansking people to buy sword is not exactly the handwork of a people person, especially when he said; I did not come except that I brought war and not peace!

You're beginning to sound like a broken record.
I can see the truth is tormenting your soul.
There's still room for you
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 15, 2009
Abuzola:

This is why the bible is corrupt, the jews holy book never said a god would be born. Question: Does the womb and vagina a dirty filthy hood ever harbour God ?

@david, muhammad converse and went to God's throne , father is a literal word in hebrew meaning God equivalent to Uban-giji in hausa which literally means fatherhood but God is the translated word

- Now we all know Mohammad only went there in his dreams. grin What "throne"? Even muslim ummahs agree that no muslim can EVER see the face of allah not to talk of his throne.

- Father is NOT a literal word in hebrew meaning God . . . stop lying to deflect the fact that the jews saw God as a FATHER instead of themselves as slaves. The jews called God Jehovah Jireh . . . and also called him FATHER.

Now you try calling that sneaky allah father . . . grin
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Abuzola(m): 2:00am On Aug 15, 2009
I pity you David, pls quote where It is written that God cannot talk to anybody
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 15, 2009
Abuzola:

I pity you David, pls quote where It is written that God cannot talk to anybody

allah CANNOT speak to anyone . . . why didnt mohammad speak to him?  grin

The Lord Jesus Christ CAN! Now break your head on the wall.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 2:13am On Aug 15, 2009
$Osisi: lol. Your story about Joseph being the fiancee of Mary is one for the ages. I am laughing when I read that the old man decided to break the engagement quitely, not wanting to give her public embarassement! Girl, tell me how this old man was that decent, seeing that somebody got to his property before he? Take into consideration that you  just said he made that decision before the angel appeared to him in a dream. If he did not marry her yet, it will be improper that she is referred as his wife, by the dream talking angel. No? Finally, how did the community take it when they saw an engaged girl not yet married growing a belly? Te angels appeared to them individually?

In those days among  the Jews they use to carry on courtship like today's Houston Texas? Yes? Lol.

I wish you really know who is boko haram between you and I, now.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 2:17am On Aug 15, 2009
@$Osisi: Both are from you. But which one is correct: “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife or the angel was telling him not to be afraid to take her for a wife?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 2:37am On Aug 15, 2009
@$Osisi: « #132 on: Today at 01:36:44 AM »
The same virgin birth you make fun of and Jesus being the messiah, warraqua smuggled into the koran before he died and the revelations ceased for a while till Mo found another Christian writer
Honestly I was not making fun of anything. Just satting the facts, ma'am. The rest of your statement I can make fun of. But I just dont wanna do that right now.

« #133 on: Today at 01:43:59 AM »
You're beginning to sound like a broken record.
I can see the truth is tormenting your soul.
There's still room for you
What truth, especially when you did not even attempt to answer any of the tons and tons of Questions!

@davidylan (m): « #134 on: Today at 01:53:37 AM »
- Now we all know Mohammad only went there in his dreams. What "throne"? Even muslim ummahs agree that no muslim can EVER see the face of allah not to talk of his throne.
Surah Najm has a different opinion, David. Read it and know that Allah says he saw and he moved a little further, etc. That is not how people dream and the first leg of this journey, Isra gave all of us the fact that he left his home and went to Illya (Jerusalem)! Throne even to earthling Kings (not Jesus who couldnt establish any government; Osisi you hear me?), is always under the King sitting on the throne. Allah "Istawah" meaning above His THRONE! You cant ever get it with your Kiriyo Keferi mind!

- Father is NOT a literal word in hebrew meaning God . . . stop lying to deflect the fact that the jews saw God as a FATHER instead of themselves as slaves. The jews called God Jehovah Jireh . . . and also called him FATHER.
Allah says ask those who call God their father, why does God Punish them, with even heavy calamity when they do evil? Now I ask you if you are truly God's Children will He punish any of you in Hellfire? For sure one of you, either the Jews or the Christians shall end down in Hell fire! From islamic perspective, both of you.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 2:50am On Aug 15, 2009
@Davidylan: « #136 on: Today at 02:04:33 AM »
allah CANNOT speak to anyone . . . why didnt mohammad speak to him?
Allah spoke to Angels, the genie (Iblis who later became Shaitan), Adam, Hawa his wife, other prophets and then Muhammad (AS). In the Isra wa Miraj journey Muhammad made sajdah to Allah at His Throne and they had a conversation on these and many others;

The tashahhud of Salah is a conversation between Allah and Muhammad (AS).

The order of making Salah was given to Muhammad by Allah.

The last 4 verses of Surah Baqarah was revealed.

None of these had Jibril (AS) involved. This was between Allah and His Slave (AS)!

The Lord Jesus Christ CAN! Now break your head on the wall.
Yes. Like "My God, my God, why has thou forsakened me?"
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by sosisi(f): 4:07am On Aug 15, 2009
olabowale:

$Osisi: lol. Your story about Joseph being the fiancee of Mary is one for the ages. I am laughing when I read that the old man decided to break the engagement quitely, not wanting to give her public embarassement! Girl, tell me how this old man was that decent, seeing that somebody got to his property before he? Take into consideration that you  just said he made that decision before the angel appeared to him in a dream. If he did not marry her yet, it will be improper that she is referred as his wife, by the dream talking angel. No? Finally, how did the community take it when they saw an engaged girl not yet married growing a belly? Te angels appeared to them individually?

In those days among  the Jews they use to carry on courtship like today's Houston Texas? Yes? Lol.

I wish you really know who is boko haram between you and I, now.

sorry warraqua forgot to add some details when he smuggled the virgin birth into the Koran.
Now you have the real story.

Olabs,please I beg you use your noodles na haba.
after an engagement what does one become?
Isn't it a wife.
How come you're not able to understand this simple story?
Should the angel have said do not be afraid to take Mary for a fiancee?
Muslims and their one track minds
It's laughable that you laugh about this when the Virgin birth is also smuggled into the Koran. shocked shocked shocked
Are you know in the company of Huxley and the atheists.Or the details are too much for you to handle?
This is now funny.

Again,now put on your bifocals and read it slowly.

18 This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit. 19 Joseph, her fiancé, was a good man and did not want to disgrace her publicly, so he decided to break the engagement[h] quietly. 20 As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus,[i] for he will save his people from their sins
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by sosisi(f): 4:14am On Aug 15, 2009
Tis is Mattw 1 in it's entirety,don't collapse at the greater details you're about to find out.

Matthew 1
The Ancestors of Jesus the Messiah
1 This is a record of the ancestors of Jesus the Messiah, a descendant of David[a] and of Abraham:
2 Abraham was the father of Isaac.
Isaac was the father of Jacob.
Jacob was the father of Judah and his brothers.
3 Judah was the father of Perez and Zerah (whose mother was Tamar).
Perez was the father of Hezron.
Hezron was the father of Ram.[b]
4 Ram was the father of Amminadab.
Amminadab was the father of Nahshon.
Nahshon was the father of Salmon.
5 Salmon was the father of Boaz (whose mother was Rahab).
Boaz was the father of Obed (whose mother was Ruth).
Obed was the father of Jesse.
6 Jesse was the father of King David.
David was the father of Solomon (whose mother was Bathsheba, the widow of Uriah).
7 Solomon was the father of Rehoboam.
Rehoboam was the father of Abijah.
Abijah was the father of Asa.[c]
8 Asa was the father of Jehoshaphat.
Jehoshaphat was the father of Jehoram.[d]
Jehoram was the father[e] of Uzziah.
9 Uzziah was the father of Jotham.
Jotham was the father of Ahaz.
Ahaz was the father of Hezekiah.
10 Hezekiah was the father of Manasseh.
Manasseh was the father of Amon.[f]
Amon was the father of Josiah.
11 Josiah was the father of Jehoiachin[g] and his brothers (born at the time of the exile to Babylon).
12 After the Babylonian exile:
Jehoiachin was the father of Shealtiel.
Shealtiel was the father of Zerubbabel.
13 Zerubbabel was the father of Abiud.
Abiud was the father of Eliakim.
Eliakim was the father of Azor.
14 Azor was the father of Zadok.
Zadok was the father of Akim.
Akim was the father of Eliud.
15 Eliud was the father of Eleazar.
Eleazar was the father of Matthan.
Matthan was the father of Jacob.
16 Jacob was the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary.
Mary gave birth to Jesus, who is called the Messiah.

17 All those listed above include fourteen generations from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the Babylonian exile, and fourteen from the Babylonian exile to the Messiah.

18 This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit. 19[b] Joseph, her fiancé, was a good man and did not want to disgrace her publicly, so he decided to break the engagement[h] quietly.
20 As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”[/b]

22 All of this occurred to fulfill the Lord’s message through his prophet:
23 “Look! The virgin will conceive a child!
She will give birth to a son,
and they will call him Immanuel,[j]
which means ‘God is with us.’”

24 When Joseph woke up, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded and took Mary as his wife. 25 But he did not have sexual relations with her until her son was born. And Joseph named him Jesus.

[size=24pt]Halleluia[/size]

what does the Koran give as details?
absolutely nothing
[i]warraqua died and the revelations ceased
lipsrsealed
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 4:15am On Aug 15, 2009
olabowale:

@Davidylan: « #136 on: Today at 02:04:33 AM » Allah spoke to Angels, the genie (Iblis who later became Shaitan), Adam, Hawa his wife, other prophets and then Muhammad (AS). In the Isra wa Miraj journey Muhammad made sajdah to Allah at His Throne and they had a conversation on these and many others;

The tashahhud of Salah is a conversation between Allah and Muhammad (AS).

The order of making Salah was given to Muhammad by Allah.

The last 4 verses of Surah Baqarah was revealed.

None of these had Jibril (AS) involved. This was between Allah and His Slave (AS)!

Yes. Like "My God, my God, why has thou forsakened me?"

these are all lies. allah NEVER directly spoke to mohamad, neither did the God of the bible regard anyone as His unworthy slave.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by sosisi(f): 4:18am On Aug 15, 2009
How can allah speak to Mohammed when he was the one speaking in the Koran.
Mohammed is allah
allah is mohammed
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 4:18am On Aug 15, 2009
muslims dont have a one-track mind, that would be an insult to the unintelligent. Muslims simply have a mind that is DETERMINED to be deluded even in the face of the truth and is seared with a hot iron.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Aremugangan(m): 6:25am On Aug 15, 2009
I'm beginnin 2believe noetic, david, osisi and their likes with all their worlds like when they tel me their biological mother is a virgin.lol
for once, why can't you just let the bible speak. A gold does not need to be advertised before its appreciated. What you guys do is to make a colour red be green by any means of propaganda abd the worst part, you support your claim with extracts from the bible. No wonder your bible is a holy book for all holy atrocities like drinking, fighting, having sex with members of the immediate family, scoping ladies n many others. Just keep up the good work. Hell is not supposed to be empty remember?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 15, 2009
^Abi.
The way they twist the verses of the Bible to suit their desires is something else.
And the way they are constantly looking for loopholes in Islam to serve as a support to hold on to because they are not sure of what they stand on is pitiable. They used to claim that Allah was an idol with three daughters before. Now they claim that Allah is Muhammed abi Muhammed is Allah. What next?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by muhsin(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2009
I too wonder. grin
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2009
@Osisi: « #141 on: Today at 04:07:10 AM »
sorry warraqua forgot to add some details when he smuggled the virgin birth into the Koran.
Now you have the real story.

Olabs,please I beg you use your noodles na haba.
after an engagement what does one become?
Isn't it a wife.
How come you're not able to understand this simple story?
Should the angel have said do not be afraid to take Mary for a fiancee?
If you have sex with your fiancee, have you committed fornication? If you have sex with your Husband, have you committed adultery or Fornication? Sorry, Osisi, these questions are for the males in Christendom.

For you, if you have sex with your husband prior to him marrying you, even thogh you were his fiancee, did you commit any sexual sin, eg Fornication? Now you do have sex with this Oga usband of yours, are you committing any offence, Fornication and or Adultery? Whats the difference between a fiancee and a husband, to you?

Muslims and their one track minds
It's laughable that you laugh about this when the Virgin birth is also smuggled into the Koran.
Are you know in the company of Huxley and the atheists.Or the details are too much for you to handle?
This is now funny.

18 This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit. 19 Joseph, her fiancé, was a good man and did not want to disgrace her publicly, so he decided to break the engagement[h] quietly. 20 As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus,[i] for he will save his people from their sins.
$Osisi, if you have to read my response above. Sex between the fiance and fiancee will be illegal, all the time they have it. Whereas sex between husband and wife is not illegal. A man who is engaged to a woman calling her his wife is a liar. An "angel" addressing a fiancee as the wife of a fiance, is a devil, and its only appearing as an angel. No angel will address unmarried people as spouses! If this is so, every one will be sleeping with everyone!

« #142 on: Today at 04:14:12 AM »
Tis is Mattw 1 in it's entirety,don't collapse at the greater details you're about to find out.

Matthew 1
The Ancestors of Jesus the Messiah
1 This is a record of the ancestors of Jesus the Messiah, a descendant of David[a] and of Abraham:
2 Abraham was the father of Isaac.
Isaac was the father of Jacob.
Jacob was the father of Judah and his brothers.
3 Judah was the father of Perez and Zerah (whose mother was Tamar).
Perez was the father of Hezron.
Hezron was the father of Ram.
4 Ram was the father of Amminadab.
Amminadab was the father of Nahshon.
Nahshon was the father of Salmon.
5 Salmon was the father of Boaz (whose mother was Rahab).
Boaz was the father of Obed (whose mother was Ruth).
Obed was the father of Jesse.
6 Jesse was the father of King David.
David was the father of Solomon (whose mother was Bathsheba, the widow of Uriah).
7 Solomon was the father of Rehoboam.
Rehoboam was the father of Abijah.
Abijah was the father of Asa.[c]
8 Asa was the father of Jehoshaphat.
Jehoshaphat was the father of Jehoram.[d]
Jehoram was the father[e] of Uzziah.
9 Uzziah was the father of Jotham.
Jotham was the father of Ahaz.
Ahaz was the father of Hezekiah.
10 Hezekiah was the father of Manasseh.
Manasseh was the father of Amon.[f]
Amon was the father of Josiah.
11 Josiah was the father of Jehoiachin[g] and his brothers (born at the time of the exile to Babylon).
12 After the Babylonian exile:
Jehoiachin was the father of Shealtiel.
Shealtiel was the father of Zerubbabel.
13 Zerubbabel was the father of Abiud.
Abiud was the father of Eliakim.
Eliakim was the father of Azor.
14 Azor was the father of Zadok.
Zadok was the father of Akim.
Akim was the father of Eliud.
15 Eliud was the father of Eleazar.
Eleazar was the father of Matthan.
Matthan was the father of Jacob.
16 Jacob was the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary.
Mary gave birth to Jesus, who is called the Messiah.

17 All those listed above include fourteen generations from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the Babylonian exile, and fourteen from the Babylonian exile to the Messiah.

18 This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit. 19[b] Joseph, her fiancé, was a good man and did not want to disgrace her publicly, so he decided to break the engagement[h] quietly.
20 As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”

22 All of this occurred to fulfill the Lord’s message through his prophet:
23 “Look! The virgin will conceive a child!
She will give birth to a son,
and they will call him Immanuel,[j]
which means ‘God is with us.’”

24 When Joseph woke up, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded and took Mary as his wife. 25 But he did not have sexual relations with her until her son was born. And Joseph named him Jesus.

Halleluia

what does the Koran give as details?
absolutely nothing
[i]warraqua died and the revelations ceased{/quote] 23 years later! Yea. It really ceased. Comot for road.
Who is ging to read all that Bible babbles? I dont read the Bible. I dont read Bible. No read Bible. No Bible.

@davidylan (m)« #143 on: Today at 04:15:29 AM »
these are all lies. allah NEVER directly spoke to mohamad, neither did the God of the bible regard anyone as His unworthy slave.
Unworthy slave. Worthy slave. The Christian Bible God does not have a slave, yet Jesus is a master to many. Master to servant is similitute to God and His Slaves; worthy or unworthy.

@$Osisi:« #144 on: Today at 04:18:17 AM »
How can allah speak to Mohammed when he was the one speaking in the Koran.
Mohammed is allah
allah is mohammed
Lying $Osisi. Did you ever hear a muslim say that Allah walked down the street as Mhammad (AS) His Most Worthy slave did? Haaa.

@davidylan (m)« #145 on: Today at 04:18:42 AM »
muslims dont have a one-track mind, that would be an insult to the unintelligent. Muslims simply have a mind that is DETERMINED to be deluded even in the face of the truth and is seared with a hot iron.
And the christians do have a good heart, and theI believe that it is the reason for your belief in 3 gods to become 1 Whole God.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2009
If it is permissable in Christianity for fiancee and fiance to be called wife and husband, then it is equally permissable that boyfriend and girlfriend can be called husband and wife. It is permissable to people who are married to different spouses to come together for sexual affairs and it will be legal if they call each other fiance/fiancee, or boyfriend/girlfriend or just simply lovers! You see ow poor the situation will be come, lacking any sexual morality, etc.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 8:12pm On Aug 15, 2009
And virginity (Virginia) pregnancy and birth of a boy does not make that baby God! Maybe the Buhddish and Hindu and the other pagans and disbelievers have their gods that way. God is not to be born by or give birth to anyone! Where is $Osisi to laugh even harder?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by sosisi(f): 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2009
Olabowole,
For the 15th time.

Mary was engaged to Joseph
She was found to be pregnant
The angel said to her,do not be afraid to take Mary for a wife.
Taking for a wife means do not be afraid to marry her and make her your wife
My grade schooler would understand this very elementary English.
Sorry I can't write in vernacular
David abeg break down in Yoruba grin
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by sosisi(f): 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2009
olabowale:

If it is permissable in Christianity for fiancee and fiance to be called wife and husband, then it is equally permissable that boyfriend and girlfriend can be called husband and wife. It is permissable to people who are married to different spouses to come together for sexual affairs and it will be legal if they call each other fiance/fiancee, or boyfriend/girlfriend or just simply lovers! You see ow poor the situation will be come, lacking any sexual morality, etc.

If this were abuzola,I would have gladly called him daft.
I'm just respecting your age here.
Where was Mary called wife?
"take for a wife" is the phrase that confused you
na wa
dementia don set in abi wetin.

let me post again,the story that has you all confused see my commentaries in red.

18 This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph  Mary was engaged to Joseph

. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit. still engaged no wedding yet,no intercourse then she was pregnant

19 Joseph, her fiancé, was a good man and did not want to disgrace her publicly,he knew he had no slept with his fiancee so he sought to disengage due to the pregnancy

so he decided to break the engagement[h] quietlyhe wanted to do it discreetly

. 20 As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. The angel says in order words do noit be afraid to go ahead and make her your wife i.e marry her

For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus,[i] for he will save his people from their sins

24 When Joseph woke up, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded and took Mary as his wife. this is the point at which he married her

25 But he did not have sexual relations with her until her son was born. And Joseph named him Jesus. now you know

Now I've broken down in elementary 3 vocabs,do you follow,tsk tsk tsk.How did you help your kids with their English homework? grin
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 12:19am On Aug 16, 2009
lol. $Osisi, just think for a moment that the scenerio of the fiance and fiancee was the case. Now tell me where was Mary quartered in or was it with Fiance Joseph? How did he know that she was pregnant; directly from Mary or Mary's emissary like Zachariah (Who)? Was the belly already out or she was very early still throwing up? Was she always allowed to be with Joseph when he comes around after a full day of carpentry, as am sure you know what I mean? Where they left alone at this time, sitting outside, in the living room or her bedroom? I wanna know these things so that I can push your statement over its head.

Now, if Joseph knew, how many people also knew, or was it only Joseph and Mary? If anyone else knew throughout the 9 months and the coming out with the load, baby Jesus, what was the reaction of the people, considering that the issue of stoning was still in the books, at least 30 years before the famous speech of Jesus "who ever without sin should cast the first stone? Tell me these things and while you are responding think about how impossible that such a scenerio could have developed in the old Children of israel community some 2000 years ago and no one raised cain and the community did not have a big riddle in their hand.

As a man who less than 50 years ago observed in the Yoruba community, and I believe the same applied to Igbo culture, if a girl developed a belly without being married the whole family will have to talk about it in a big meeting of the girls family before they called the family of the belly giver the ghost, except that a man/boy is standing in in the place of the Ghost of Mary. Virgin cant be pregnant and no one makes some comments about it, even the latest is when she comes out with the baby. What happened in the Children of Israel community when the baby finally arrived?

Now, there is no way, and I am sure you know it that a fiance can keep quite when his fiancee who lived in a different location get pregnant, and just quitely wanted to end the engagement, and suddenly agreed to marry the girl because he had a dream, while Moses stone the illicit sexual performer was still in the book 100%! Explain Joseph knew and please explain how he took it so calmly, when we consider that the Jews are a bunch of get even people in addition to getting mad?

Some day, I will find a wife like you that I can argue with and I am sure she will lose the argument so that I can tell her she owes me. That will be fun, before the middle age dimentia trully sets in say about 65 to 70 years from now!
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by sosisi(f): 12:28am On Aug 16, 2009
olabowale:

lol. $Osisi, just think for a moment that the scenerio of the fiance and fiancee was the case. Now tell me where was Mary quartered in or was it with Fiance Joseph? How did he know that she was pregnant; directly from Mary or Mary's emissary like Zachariah (Who)? Was the belly already out or she was very early still throwing up? Was she always allowed to be with Joseph when he comes around after a full day of carpentry, as am sure you know what I mean? Where they left alone at this time, sitting outside, in the living room or her bedroom? I wanna know these things so that I can push your statement over its head.

Now, if Joseph knew, how many people also knew, or was it only Joseph and Mary? If anyone else knew throughout the 9 months and the coming out with the load, baby Jesus, what was the reaction of the people, considering that the issue of stoning was still in the books, at least 30 years before the famous speech of Jesus "who ever without sin should cast the first stone? Tell me these things and while you are responding think about how impossible that such a scenerio could have developed in the old Children of israel community some 2000 years ago and no one raised cain and the community did not have a big riddle in their hand.

As a man who less than 50 years ago observed in the Yoruba community, and I believe the same applied to Igbo culture, if a girl developed a belly without being married the whole family will have to talk about it in a big meeting of the girls family before they called the family of the belly giver the ghost, except that a man/boy is standing in in the place of the Ghost of Mary. Virgin cant be pregnant and no one makes some comments about it, even the latest is when she comes out with the baby. What happened in the Children of Israel community when the baby finally arrived?

Now, there is no way, and I am sure you know it that a fiance can keep quite when his fiancee who lived in a different location get pregnant, and just quitely wanted to end the engagement, and suddenly agreed to marry the girl because he had a dream, while Moses stone the illicit sexual performer was still in the book 100%! Explain Joseph knew and please explain how he took it so calmly, when we consider that the Jews are a bunch of get even people in addition to getting mad?

Some day, I will find a wife like you that I can argue with and I am sure she will lose the argument so that I can tell her she owes me. That will be fun, before the middle age dimentia trully sets in say about 65 to 70 years from now!

You ask questions that make no sense.
It's like me asking you what color of bed Mohammed and aisha laid on
What styles they used in their bedroom
what bra size aisha wore
how many tubers of yam he gave her parents for wedding gift
what do I need those details for
why do I need to know details of Joseph and Mary's day to day life for when it is totally irrelevant to my faith?
The details I need are in the Bible,the irrelevant ones are not there.
The headache is yours not mine,.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 12:37am On Aug 16, 2009
@$Osisi: [quote[olabowale (m)
New York City, NY.

Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims?
« #138 on: Yesterday at 02:17:13 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@$Osisi: Both are from you. But which one is correct: “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife or the angel was telling him not to be afraid to take her for a wife?[quote][/quote] Dis you see this post that I left for you, yesterday, girl? The two ideas are from you. They seem to fight each other. Now tell me which one is correct? @Osisi, dont keep me waiting!
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 2:09am On Aug 16, 2009
@$Osisi: « #155 on: Today at 12:28:25 AM »
You ask questions that make no sense.
It's like me asking you what color of bed Mohammed and aisha laid on
What styles they used in their bedroom
what bra size aisha wore
how many tubers of yam he gave her parents for wedding gift
what do I need those details for
why do I need to know details of Joseph and Mary's day to day life for when it is totally irrelevant to my faith?
The details I need are in the Bible,the irrelevant ones are not there.
The headache is yours not mine,.
color of bed is strawy because its from straw. styles are in the Quran and ahadith. bra size is that of the young girl.in the desert if there were tubers of yam, then the numbers are in the ahadith. my questions do not make any sense with you because you are are already sold a bill of goods. look at all that you asked and I directly answered them. the essence of day to day life of mary and joseph will tell you in reality that your claims are bogus about their being "wife and husband" or fiancee and fiance,

the condition that must be prevailing for her to not be accused of some illicit sexual act or the whole of her town's people coming together to try her finding out who gave her "bellee!" The Bible is short of deatails that are germaine to preserving the good name of mary, yet it had the time to discuss mundane matters like the geneology of Jesus, twice! Will you now recommend the tylenol dose to me? I like extra strength and I sometimes take 3 instead of 2. I am a big strong boy. Lol.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Aremugangan(m): 6:37am On Aug 16, 2009
@osisi, for how long did Mary carry her son (god) in hA womb? Pls, don't tel me its irrelevant to your faith if it happens you dont have it in your man-made wkipedia (bible).
Re: Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? by Abuzola(m): 9:16am On Aug 16, 2009
@oalabowale: Jazakhallahu khairan. Brilliant and cogent input, she can only beat the bush but not answer ur question cos she will noose herself. I enjoy it. Keep it up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why do Muslims hardly Pray In secular Gatherings? / Acknowledging Mistakes And Making Amendments When Your Attention Is Called To it / Muhammad Said He Was A Sinner, Why Do Many Muslims Contradict Him ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.