Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? (13985 Views)

This Is Why Some Men Lose Interest In Certain Women After Having Se*x With Them. / Women Hole Are Different And Why Men Dump Women After Sex / Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by AloyEmeka8: 4:01am On Aug 11, 2009
If you've ever been involved with a guy, just to find out he's engaged to be married shortly after you broke up, you'll find yourself wondering just how men seem to be able to 'move on' so much faster than women.
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by blackmann(m): 4:12am On Aug 11, 2009
Cos men are usually emotionally stronger than women.
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by Nobody: 5:16am On Aug 11, 2009
its called being on the rebound. . . . . . . . also it is safe to say that maybe that guy was dating both girls at the same time and was evaluating which was the righteous one. when he dumped/broke up with one, it was probably when he realised that he had found the right one in the other person.
therefore his actions might not have been so quick, just quick in the dumped girls eyes.
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by AloyEmeka6: 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2009
Even guys who don't date more than one at a time move on faster. Na lie?
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by whitelexi(m): 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2009
Cos women are such indecisive creatures, they hear shit from a friend, they act on it, they lose their man, then they start regretting and/or drooling over the whole thing.
Back in the day, people in a relationship still had problems but were able to work shit out, nowadays, all u get is the word cheat! he cheated on me bla bla bla, they tend to look at the bad sides and not the good. At the end of the day, they find it hard to let go.

summary: Its a cause and effect thing, unfortunately though, they are both. grin
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by Seesinz(f): 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2009
whitelexi:

[b]Cos women are such indecisive creatures, they hear shit from a friend, they act on it, they lose their man, then they start regretting and/or drooling over the whole thing.[/b]Back in the day, people in a relationship still had problems but were able to work shit out, nowadays, all u get is the word cheat! he cheated on me bla bla bla, they tend to look at the bad sides and not the good. At the end of the day, they find it hard to let go.

summary: Its a cause and effect thing, unfortunately though, they are both. grin

That statement in the bold is a piece of crap and has nothing to do with why men move on faster.
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by chibaby5(f): 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2009
do they?? ? undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by whitelexi(m): 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2009
Seesinz:

That statement in the bold is a piece of crap and has nothing to do with why men move on faster.

Why is it that u lot come out with all your guns and armour the moment someone exposes the shaite u lot make?? No girl posted until i did, then the knives are all out. grin cheesy That means i just slapped a sore wound tongue

Do u really think its gonna stay secret forever, u want to know the reason why men move on faster, its cos there's no regrets - a clear conscience and freedom from your bondage. . .  You lot feel the pain cos u damn well know u shoulda, woulda, coulda. . .  But thats still part of your problem at the end of the day, INDECISION! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 11, 2009
I was wondering about that too.

I went out with a friend some days back and I saw a guy, who I knew was in a serious relationship, seriously hitting on girls. When I asked, they said he broke up with his girl. I saw them together last week. The break-up isn’t even up to a week old. I could only imagine how heartbroken and hurt the girl will still be, and already the guy was picking up girls.

sad
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by Seesinz(f): 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2009
whitelexi:

Why is it that u lot come out with all your guns and armour the moment someone exposes the shaite u lot make?? No girl posted until i did, then the knives are all out. grin cheesy That means i just slapped a sore wound tongue

Do u really think its gonna stay secret forever, u want to know the reason why men move on faster, its cos there's no regrets - a clear conscience and freedom from your bondage. . .  You lot feel the pain cos u damn well know u shoulda, woulda, coulda. . .  But thats still part of your problem at the end of the day, INDECISION! tongue tongue tongue

sore wound ko, armor, machine gun ni It's simply because amongst all the advices given, yours in the bolded statement was senseless. Why? because who says the same doesnt apply to men, hearing things from friends and easily gullible to believe??

As for the answer, I'm not a man so I may not really know why but it's just like asking why men are stronger and meant to protect and all that, because women are weaker and more emotional though of course not all women likewise not all men that move on easily.

Also MrBrownJay couldn't have said it any better!
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2009
whitelexi:

Lexi, that’s not entirely true. People still break up for good reasons. It could be because of age, tribal, genotypic or even religious differences. It doesn’t have to be about cheating and dumping.

But somehow i’ve noticed that even when they break up for the right reason, it’s always easier for the guy to move n, than for the girl.
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by AloyEmeka6: 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2009
chi-baby:

do they?? ?   undecided undecided
Yes we do generally. Actually, there was a time I broke up with a woman I loved like 5 years ago and hooked up 2 days after that day. She mourned that relationship for over 1 year before getting the message.
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by AloyEmeka6: 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2009
Ujujoan:

I was wondering about that too.

I went out with a friend some days back and I saw a guy, who I knew was in a serious relationship, seriously hitting on girls. When I asked, they said he broke up with his girl. I saw them together last week. The break-up isn’t even up to a week old. I could only imagine how heartbroken and hurt the girl will still be, and already the guy was picking up girls.

sad

May be it's because men are not half as emotional as women. I mean men, can fall out of love with another person in the morning, hook up with another woman in the afternoon and fall in love with her by dusk.
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by sesman(m): 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2009
here is my take on this ,

People don’t like to be alone. And men may be less well-equipped to handle it than women because they’re not taught to be introspective. So they may quickly move on without really looking at why the last one didn’t work out.

better Ssill, a strong, accomplished woman who’s genuinely capable of a good partnership and who knows what she’s looking for may continue to be alone untill she finds that elusive partner. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 11, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

May be it's because men are not half as emotional as women. I mean men, can fall out of love with another person in the morning, hook up with another woman in the afternoon and fall in love with her by dusk.

lol  grin

Well,  it could  because it’s easier for a guy to get a replacement than for a girl. And the best way to get over somebody is to replace him/her with someone better. I mean, there are pretty and good girls everywhere but we don’t get a lot of decent Men around. The ones available are usually ‘’hot cakes’’.

Usually, when a girl is dating a good guy, other girls just line up and wait for their turn.  grin  grin  grin
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by omofola(f): 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2009
true talk
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by omega25red(m): 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2009
Men don't move on faster and neither do women. The person who moves faster is the person who ends the relationship most of the time. like someone else mentioned jumping into another relationship is being on the rebound. I feel sorry for the girl or guy who runs into a guy/girl on the rebound because they usually get hurt

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by platinumnk(f): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2009
omega25red:

Men don't move on faster and neither do women. The person who moves faster is the person who ends the relationship most of the time. like someone else mentioned jumping into another relationship is being on the rebound. I feel sorry for the girl or guy who runs into a guy/girl on the rebound because they usually get hurt

tru talk wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by udeycraze1(m): 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2009
wink Do you really believe that women are emotionally weaker? Think again! Men suck it in cos they are told to "take it like a man", "be nice to your sister", "Boys don't cry", typically the only emotion we men are taught to express is that of anger. All that macho bull shit. "No man is an island." Women have shown profound understanding of this school of thought, therefore they get support from their female counter parts.Pretence is a universal trait,although women take the cake- men are not entirely left out of it. Listen to track of my tears by Boys to men. . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuBjsnZx48Y&feature=fvst

Source:sm sociologist(cant remember the name, its paraphrased though, DUH!)
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by rooney86(m): 6:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
not all men move on faster than women.
had a friend that kept crying like a baby for weeks.
even threatened to commit suicide at one point.
still wondering if he is a real "man" (hope he has nine live's cos he's a pusssy)
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 11, 2009
omega25red:

Agreed
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by follypimpi(m): 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2009
We MEN so it's encrypted in our Gene !
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by AloyEmeka6: 10:38pm On Aug 11, 2009
Is it evil that is encrypted in your gene?
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2009
Women are more emotional.
Men just want the sex, women want the love.
Not in all cases though.
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by bluespice(f): 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2009
its called rebound poster
and it hold true for both sexes
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by Fiona0007: 10:55pm On Aug 11, 2009
I guess serial dating is how men react to the recent break-up.
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by Sauron1: 11:14pm On Aug 11, 2009
BlueDiva:

Women are more emotional.
Men just want the sex, women want the love.
Not in all cases though.

What else is there to cherish? grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by Chiskeezy: 12:16am On Aug 12, 2009
coolcos men re morons, they dont have fellings
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by posakosa(m): 12:21am On Aug 12, 2009
Only men that NEVER liked the woman in the first place that find it easier to move on. Men that loved their woman definitely feel weak after the break up and hence find it a bit hard to move on.
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by Nobody: 3:14am On Aug 12, 2009
Cuz women are emotionally stupid failling to admit that they can be jilted while a man also get bugged;he puts up a bright face not only in order to get another lady but to live up his ego among friends.However,deep inside him,he's emotional imbalance.Only if d ladies wil believe dis
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by nethacker(m): 8:03am On Aug 12, 2009
Sensible ladies and guyz find it hard to move on but the senseless materialistic ladies will heave a sigh of breathe for gaining freedom  grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? by chibaby5(f): 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2009
nethacker:

Sensible ladies and guyz find it hard to move on but the senseless materialistic ladies will heave a sigh of breathe for gaining freedom grin grin

noice one! ! i lyk i lyk wink people r diff. . . alotta guyz don't n am a livin testimony grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? / I Love Her But She Z Fat..... What Do I Do? / Seeing An Ex: Do Feeling Come Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.