Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! (35057 Views)

One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 11:36am On May 05, 2016
Reyginus:
When I cross a time zone is anything reversed? No. If my brother falls into a gutter in GMT+1 time zone whole I reside in a GMT-6 zone can I speed home on a concord aircraft and prevent him from falling into a gutter?
I laughed very hard with this analogy grin Just like I'll be celebrating my Christmas now while another person will be doing so tomorrow and I can even do it twicecheesy
Now why do you think there're differences in the time zone?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by johnydon22(m): 11:36am On May 05, 2016
Logicbwoy:

I also have similar thoughts about the quantum world having no rules. However, I am more convinced by the notion that the quantum world is just counter-intuitive. Everything we know so far about our physical world is governed by rules. I think we just need to figure out the rules of the quantum world.

Yes that's why i think for me the rules might just be there are no rules that is why everything behaves so randomly that it hurts. .

subatomic particles can be induced to speed up without any application of an external force, 1st law of motion murdered.

Opposite of law is No law wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 11:37am On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

Hahahahaha the Physics of time is different from what you are thinking here boss..

Let me explain like i explained to logicbwoy, time can go slow, stand still but not backwards.

Let me use time dilation.

In two bodies fires a laser beam travelling at the speed of light, one of the bodies is stationary while the other is moving half the speed of light.

If both measures the speed of the laser beam fired there will still reach the same answer.
(Which normally shouldn't be so since one is almost half the speed of light so is expected it's measurement should be half less than that of the stationary one)

So the thing here is for the moving body, time slows down in order to equilibrate the spatial velocity dimensions and keep the constant of light (C).

So XYZ (spatial velocities) + (time )= C (speed of light)
Yeah. I was explaining with that how the time zone doesn't explain time travel.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by johnydon22(m): 11:38am On May 05, 2016
urahara:

U dont believe in evolution. You either accept it or be deluded
Lets not dogmatize this discussion brother!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by johnydon22(m): 11:40am On May 05, 2016
Reyginus:
Yeah. I was explaining with that how the time zone doesn't explain time travel.

Yes brother Not at all, time zone to us is measured from the rotation of earth around it's axis....

That mapping is just a human representation to keep event... I've heard of a plane that left the airport 2016 and landed 2015..

Hahahaha that's not time travel at all, time zone is totally something different...
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 11:41am On May 05, 2016
Reyginus:
I love good stories but I don't buy all stories. Yeah. I don't fully understand the matrix. It's just like Nibiru to me now. It's complex I'm only speaking from the little I understand. But them why are we having this argument if you agree time travel is not feasible? Let's jump to KingEbukasBlog. Lolololol.
Hehehe tongue
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 11:49am On May 05, 2016
dblackninja:

I laughed very hard with this analogy grin Just like I'll be celebrating my Christmas now while another person will be doing so tomorrow and I can even do it twicecheesy
Now why do you think there're differences in the time zone?
Rotation.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 11:49am On May 05, 2016
dblackninja:
Hehehe tongue
Am I safe?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:50am On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

There you go, he cannot do something and also limited by his nature therefore cannot be Omnipotent.

You see you have murdered the omnipotence yourself... You did it yourself.

I'm through with the paradox nothing more to add

lol . He has the power to do anything . But he wont do anything contrary to his nature or not in accordance to his plan . That's it

Picture this :

1. Someone tells a pastor to slap a woman who insulted him . Of course its against his nature as a follower of Christ , so he wont do such . But we all know anyone can slap anyone wink .

2. Someone asks you to strip as a civilized man in public , will you ? No . But no be to commot waka about cheesy

But in the case of Logicbwoy's question , that's an illogical one . Because in reality nothing can go beyond God since He is infinite .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by johnydon22(m): 11:51am On May 05, 2016
Boss @Reyginus: Lets further our discussion. . . What do you think about extra-terrestrial civilizations and the universe?

Have you heard of the Fermi's paradox?

And what are our chances of exo-planetary colonizations, what do you think about them?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Richirich713: 11:52am On May 05, 2016
@KingEbukasBlog

Lmao, here are fundy atheists present grin grin grin

6. You think questions like, "Can God create a rock so big that He cannot lift it?" and, "Can God will Himself out of existence?" are perfect examples of how to disprove God's omnipotence and ultimately how to disprove God. When someone proves to you the false logic behind the questions (i.e. pitting God's omnipotence against itself), you desperately try to defend the questions, but then give up and go to a different Christian site to ask them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 11:52am On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

Time doesn't run backwards, you imagine going back in time and meet your grand father then murders him automatically you won't exist in the future therefore there is no you at all.

Then if there is no you how then did you murder your grand father? . . . .Its a fun brain juggling paradox boss
Except death is an illusion in the first place. Even at that it still doesn't follow.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by johnydon22(m): 11:55am On May 05, 2016
Reyginus:
Except death is an illusion in the first place. Even at that it still doesn't follow.

Exactly. . . What do you think about my above questions ^^^^ I see some about to go personal with some discussions here and it's going to get real childish soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 11:58am On May 05, 2016
Reyginus:
Am I safe?
Yeah somehow safe tongue

Reyginus:
Rotation.
Alright if something is happening in +6 GMT can someone in -6 know that it's happening or must he first reach +6 before he knows?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by johnydon22(m): 12:01pm On May 05, 2016
dblackninja:

Yeah somehow safe tongue

Alright if something is happening in +6 GMT can some in -6 know that it's happening or must he first reach +6 before he knows?

Someone at -6 can know because it's still happening at a given time only their location on the globe as mapped by the earth's rotation around the sun differs.

so time zone is directly proportional to our rotation around our axis not a difference in TIME as a dimension
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by urahara(m): 12:02pm On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

Lets not dogmatize this discussion brother!!!

Apologies.....

embarassed cry
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by urahara(m): 12:04pm On May 05, 2016
If time travel was possible , why then dont we see travellers from the future or past grin
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 12:05pm On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

Exactly. . . What do you think about my above questions ^^^^ I see some about to go personal with some discussions here and it's going to get real childish soon.
Johnny calm down. I thought you said you can entertain them cheesy Meanwhile I seriously respect that man grin
As for your question haven't heard that. Can you enlighten us
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:
Boss @Reyginus: Lets further our discussion. . . What do you think about extra-terrestrial civilizations and the universe?

Have you heard of the Fermi's paradox?

And what are our chances of exo-planetary colonizations, what do you think about them?
I'm in a state of confusion about them all. The misinformation strategy and my stance as a conspiracy theorist has made me doubt everything. Even the things I know I don't really know if I'm being manipulated irrespective of my claim to control and knowledge of them.

No, I've not heard about Fermi's Paradox and I don't really agree with my knowledge of extraterrestrials. The Systems of Control maybe in control. Lol. I think the Americans and Russians know a lot. But then it is possible. This large entity cannot just be about us.

I think, (or is it those who control my mind want me to think?) that exo planetary colonizations is possible. I've read some scientist, a particular female scientist, make this claim. The wonders in the Pyramid at Giza really tells a lot. The flying saucers flights in the artifacts of Ancient Egypt really calls for thinking. Why build an Anti-Gravity flying object to fit in just two to five persons? I don't really know. Lol.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 12:08pm On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

Someone at -6 can know because it's still happening at a given time only their location on the globe as mapped by the earth's rotation around the sun differs.

so time zone is directly proportional to our rotation around our axis not a difference in TIME as a dimension
Yeah wink Just wanna point something out for Rey about him using it as an analogy for time travel.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by johnydon22(m): 12:08pm On May 05, 2016
urahara:
If time travel was possible , why then dont we see travellers from the future or past grin

Exactly, if there was a time in the future of humanity then where are the the visitors from the future?

But wait what if they already came and the course of history changed therefore the future they came from did not exist so there couldn't then come in the first place..

hahahahaha
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

No, it will not happen. I came with Titanium bars to chain any one.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by johnydon22(m): 12:10pm On May 05, 2016
dblackninja:

Johnny calm down. I thought you said you can entertain them cheesy

Already did but cannot engage in childish emotional squabbles that will reduce the quality of this thread

Meanwhile I seriously respect that man grin
As for your question haven't heard that. Can you enlighten us

In a while...
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 05, 2016
Time travel
Naa......
It's bullshit; a sci-fi wet dream, a fantasy for philosophers.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 05, 2016
dblackninja:

Yeah somehow safe tongue

Alright if something is happening in +6 GMT can someone in -6 know that it's happening or must he first reach +6 before he knows?
Lol. Let me explain. Time zones are nothing special but simply a creation of man. Humans thought of a way to harmonize the whether of a place, as a result of earth's rotation, with the time it will fall in another place. So, it's easy for dawn to set at 6 pm, in equinox, or some other time, in solstice, in every place.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 12:15pm On May 05, 2016
johnydon22:

Already did but cannot engage in childish emotional squabbles that will reduce the quality of this thread

In a while...
Yeah bring it on cool
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by johnydon22(m): 12:15pm On May 05, 2016
Reyginus:
I'm in a state of confusion about them all. The misinformation strategy and my stance as a conspiracy theorist has made me doubt everything. Even the things I know I don't really know if I'm being manipulated irrespective of my claim to control and knowledge of them.

No, I've not heard about Fermi's Paradox and I don't really agree with my knowledge of extraterrestrials. The Systems of Control maybe in control. Lol. I think the Americans and Russians know a lot. But then it is possible. This large entity cannot just be about us.

I think, (or is it those who control my mind want me to think?) that exo planetary colonizations is possible. I've read some scientist, a particular female scientist, make this claim. The wonders in the Pyramid at Giza really tells a lot. The flying saucers flights in the artifacts of Ancient Egypt really calls for thinking. Why build an Anti-Gravity flying object to fit in just two to five persons? I don't really know. Lol.

Hahahaha i see you are a staunch conspiracy theorist always suspecting everything might be a matrix. . . I get you brother.

from your last paragraph mentioning the great Pyramid or saucers, i know a lot of ancient astronauts conspiracy theorists think there are proof of alien visitation and technology.

Do you hold this idea too?
You think once extra-terrestrial beings visited?
and rubbed off some of their tech on us? (Like great Pyramid or something)?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 05, 2016
urahara:
Lol. Don't you think there'd be an organization if that's possible. Like Asgaard in Thor, a gate keeper watching the movement outside and in the planet to prevent spoiling their plans for Earthiams.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by JackBizzle: 12:17pm On May 05, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. Let me explain. Time zones are nothing special but simply a creation of man. Humans thought of a way to harmonize the whether of a place, as a result of earth's rotation, with the time it will fall in another place. So, it's easy for dawn to set at 6 pm, in equinox, or some other time, in solstice, in every place.

Reyginus, you get sense like this?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 05, 2016
dblackninja:

Yeah wink Just wanna point something out for Rey about him using it as an analogy for time travel.
Not me, please.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by urahara(m): 12:18pm On May 05, 2016
Jackbizzle , i see u o , long tym no see
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 05, 2016
SirWere:
Time travel

Naa......

It's bullshit; a sci-fi wet dream, a fantasy for philosophers.
You should call it a fantasy of science and not really Philosophers. I don't think a philosopher will ever agree with such SciFi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar / Pastor Paul Adefarasin Directing Traffic On Lagos Island (Photos) / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.