Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? (41283 Views)

If You Have Been Scammed By This Number 08064553565 Come In / Help! I Have Been Scammed / How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by sleeknick: 4:14pm On May 04, 2016
sorry o. one chance have entered you... how do dey say dat stuff seff?!
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by laribari(m): 4:45pm On May 04, 2016
Lady, it is sad and it really hurts when I hear things like dis. My advice is that you should not delete the lady's pin but do not communicate with her for now.

Trust me, she will get back to you after a while (don't know when that will be). It is even possible that you were set up by people who know your pin; I mean those who know you.

If she later talk to you, just be nice and calm but don't even talk about any money or Job. Let's see how your meekness will get to her because this person might still have conscience. She probably might one day send ur money back. kiss

For now, your money has entered voice mail and you can only learn from the situation if you don't get it back. By now, you should have known that no proper company want to collect from you, instead they are the ones that wanna pay you.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Qualer: 5:10pm On May 04, 2016
HateU2:
They ar all scammers!
There was one too that I wanna work(ushering work too), it turns out that he wanna sleep with girls ni. He got d beating of his life sha

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 04, 2016
get another of ur friend to disguise den try ur possible best to draw out info from her. simple

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 04, 2016
HateU2:
They ar all scammers!
There was one too that I wanna work(ushering work too), it turns out that he wanna sleep with girls ni. He got d beating of his life sha

ur signature.!!!!!......SMH!!!!
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by chidarlus(m): 6:10pm On May 04, 2016
scam of 7k each .....menh people are becoming cheap oooo, during dos days mi na JJC(tnk oluwa say I don wise up) I was scammed(120k naira) for an NGO job by a buddy...funny right.....but on a more serious note, op I dont think u ve bin scammed.....because from my experience, scammers are always looking for more avenue to milk dia clients dry...d person for don ask u for more moni to correct 1 yin or d oda
BTW if you really have d strength....u can get ur moni( & frnds) back since u have d bank details( u gats involve security personnel) and try googling d name of d acct

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 6:43pm On May 04, 2016
goldenceo1:

Don't wanna jump into conclusion but that name sounds like a male account details.

Yeah it is and she said it's for an agent/friend she works with sometimes..
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by fbtowner(m): 6:46pm On May 04, 2016
wailing:

So she should let go just like that undecided
Or you the GUY?shocked
Ok. Op here is another advise. U can as well track her down
U go talk maybe no b ur hand u take send d money.
In lagos laws are diff in this kind of situation. But good luck if u find her
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 6:46pm On May 04, 2016
66Kazna99:

Sometimes the answers lie within. If you feel you should repay your friends & they accept then do & be free of the burden. If they insist it's not needed then it's OK, don't feel too bad. Mistakes happen all the time to anyone. If your friends love & care about you, they would understand. At least you thought about helping them get a job that's why you told them. I know it's not easy, I've been there myself & spent far more. Don't let it weigh on you, it's just life so move on, be happy you're alive & well. It's a story for you to tell someone else.

Yeah right! Thank you very much!
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by vivalavida(m): 6:47pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:

Yeah it is and she said it's for an agent/friend she works with sometimes..

That account dosent belong to any agent/friend. That account belongs to the dude masqueraing as a female.
I bet OP didnt grow up in lagos. I doubt if a lagos brought up can be so cheaply scammed.

Never pay money for any job

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:53pm On May 04, 2016
See, enough of all this razzmatazz.
Much ado about nothing... thank God you have the account details.
What do you think BVN was introduced for? Go to the police.
If someone can help to police cos of a stolen BlackBerry Curve 2 and Aunty Linda can go to commissioner of police cos of ordinary wizkid threat; I see no reason why you can't file a complaint a the station too.
Forget it, Nairaland can't help u on this.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by accelion(m): 6:57pm On May 04, 2016
Okay, I am not insulting you but then, you need to get a grip of yourself!! You were/are to slack. As at today, you ought to have reported to the bank yesterday, because it's obvious there is no job anywhere. They would trace it for you and i bet if they tell you they can't find the person or don't have an accurate information about him, then you threaten to involve the police. At this particular time, I'm sure Fidelity Bank doesn't want anymore defamation. Shebi job no kuku dey, na make Fidelity around you be your nearest working place now. You can't lose twice...

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 7:19pm On May 04, 2016
Peacetemi:
If you report to the. bank you paid into, they might be able to do something. But I doubt you'll get a refund. By the way what's an ushering job?

Oh ok! I think a dictionary will help you more with the meaning of ushering.. Thanks anyway..
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 04, 2016
Randy91:

ur signature.!!!!!......SMH!!!!
What's rong with it undecided
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Horlawoomey(m): 7:59pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:
I know I'm gonna get lots of insults for this but please don't forget to add your constructive advice to the insults. Thanks in advance..

I'm a Graduate seeking employment and have bills to pay.. I joined some channels on BBM where I get lots of information, some time ago, someone posted a BBM pin of a person who offers ushering/weekend jobs. Being broke and needing to get some legal and fast money, I added the pin and it happened to be a woman.

She sends BC's of jobs she has and most times she'll tell me I can't do jobs like that cz I'm a Muslim and I wear hijab. She said if I can pay agency fee to her friend, I could get ushering jobs from him.

She has been on my list since February and we talk once in a while, last week she said there was a 3day job in ikeja and I could participate if I paid 7k as agency fee. Without thinking, I transferred 7k to the account number she gave me and even invited 3 of my friends who also paid. I asked her for the address of the venue but she said I should wait till she finished compiling the names of the girls that had paid, so that she could send it to the agent and then get the address. This was Wednesday night.

On Thursday morning, we got ready and set out to beat the traffic from Alagbado to ikeja hoping she would send the address since she said the event was to start by 11am. We got to ikeja some minutes to 11 and then she said we couldn't work last week, we should bear with her and she would fix us for this week. I started pinging her and sent her a whole lot of messages but she didn't reply.. I asked for her number but she said she doesn't give her number to clients.

On Friday, she later replied and said I shouldn't worry, that we would work on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. And that she couldn't refund the money cz she has added our names to the list already and if we don't work on Tuesday and Wednesday, she will give us our money.

Yesterday was Tuesday, she hasn't replied any of my messages since Sunday but she has been reading them. But she still hasn't deleted me and the other people I gave her pin to.

What do you guys think? I'll post the information I have if needed.. Thanks in advance and please go easy on me!

Pls mod in charge! Help do the needful.. Thank you!

If you can do research job, I can link you with a marketing research firm in Agege, they need researchers from time to time and the pay is manageable pending the time you will get a good job.

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Dasshboard(m): 8:09pm On May 04, 2016
I will advice you and your friends visits any branch of Fidelity bank to lodge a joint complaint and giving the bank three working days to produce the suspected scammer who happens to be their customer and threaten law suits if they fail to comply.

Am sure it will help in your recovery of the funds.

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by olaskul(m): 9:00pm On May 04, 2016
When you're sure you've been scammed lemme know undecided undecided undecided

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by MrCork: 9:03pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:
I know I'm gonna get lots of insults for this but please don't forget to add your constructive advice to the insults. Thanks in advance..

I'm a Graduate seeking employment and have bills to pay.. I joined some channels on BBM where I get lots of information, some time ago, someone posted a BBM pin of a person who offers ushering/weekend jobs. Being broke and needing to get some legal and fast money, I added the pin and it happened to be a woman.

She sends BC's of jobs she has and most times she'll tell me I can't do jobs like that cz I'm a Muslim and I wear hijab. She said if I can pay agency fee to her friend, I could get ushering jobs from him.

She has been on my list since February and we talk once in a while, last week she said there was a 3day job in ikeja and I could participate if I paid 7k as agency fee. Without thinking, I transferred 7k to the account number she gave me and even invited 3 of my friends who also paid. I asked her for the address of the venue but she said I should wait till she finished compiling the names of the girls that had paid, so that she could send it to the agent and then get the address. This was Wednesday night.

On Thursday morning, we got ready and set out to beat the traffic from Alagbado to ikeja hoping she would send the address since she said the event was to start by 11am. We got to ikeja some minutes to 11 and then she said we couldn't work last week, we should bear with her and she would fix us for this week. I started pinging her and sent her a whole lot of messages but she didn't reply.. I asked for her number but she said she doesn't give her number to clients.

On Friday, she later replied and said I shouldn't worry, that we would work on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. And that she couldn't refund the money cz she has added our names to the list already and if we don't work on Tuesday and Wednesday, she will give us our money.

Yesterday was Tuesday, she hasn't replied any of my messages since Sunday but she has been reading them. But she still hasn't deleted me and the other people I gave her pin to.

What do you guys think? I'll post the information I have if needed.. Thanks in advance and please go easy on me!

...are u lightskin? angry
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by ronald4ever(m): 9:04pm On May 04, 2016
How much would you have earned had the job clicked? For you to spend 7k I'm wondering what would have been your take home pay for a 3day job.

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 04, 2016
Sorry dear, scam. I once went to aquarian consult in Abuja for interview .after d whole stuff, d hr guy one short dude said that i will pay 1k. I just look d guy as if i want to slap him and zoomed off. U can imagine a hr babe like me been played a fast one.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by slap1(m): 9:06pm On May 04, 2016
The scammer will likely read this thread.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by HiliaryAutos(m): 9:08pm On May 04, 2016
This is one the reason why I don't do BBM... So many fakers on bbm, someone can pretend to be another gender just to get your hard earn money from you... My advice to you all BBM lovers, Ignore BBM and get real with Whatzapp... We still have fakers on whatzapp too but it hard to see one. #Justanadvise...
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by surveyProf(m): 9:08pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:
This is the account details:
Esimike Jude
Fidelity bank.

And this is the lady's pin:
25b19f98

I'll post her pictures as soon as I can! Thanks

Her Phone numbers
08060175337, 07082097229, 08169477673, 07082097220, 0803939556, 08039395566.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by EmekaBlue(m): 9:09pm On May 04, 2016
She ia not a scammer i bet... but she cant place u on an event job as she warned earlier with ur hijab and i guess ur friends too...mayb she tried on diff occassions but no luck ..u beta learn to cover ur hair differently frm d bomb style here in 9ja and dnt try tarnishing sum1 image working hard over una 7k each..im out
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by crystalfarmer: 9:09pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:

Try paste the bank account detail of the fraudster here and some banker could help you with her contact info - although, I know its against the policy of bankers to do so but in this situation and considering the amount involved, it may be hard for you to hire a lawyer or law enforcement agent to help you.

The only way we can all stop such bad habits is to be disgracing fraudsters publicly like this

The banker must remember to hide his/her own identity Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo

Best of luck
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 04, 2016

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:12pm On May 04, 2016
HateU2:
They ar all scammers!
it seems i heard about a similar occurence...was the guy beaten around sango otta?
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by yinkslinks(m): 9:13pm On May 04, 2016
you fell for a muslim like you. heya sorry.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Dabbyfab: 9:14pm On May 04, 2016
Report the guy to the police and bank, the account can be blocked and with the new bvn the guy can't open another account cos there will be a red flag on his bvn. The money might be gone but the guy need to be stopped from scamming other people. Don't just sit make an effort to report his account.

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Ramanto(m): 9:14pm On May 04, 2016
YOU COULD TRACK THE B!TCH THROUGH THE ACCOUNT DETAILS
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Laredojohn(m): 9:14pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:

Op its very sad you went through all this I this hard times, one thing I want to assure you off is you can recover your money in full, b4 she attempts to delete you, munch all chats that lead to your conclusion sending money, those are your proofs,also the bank details you paid to with your transfer advice, kindly send me her pin, my mail is on signature, we need show people like this scamming people isn't an option to hardship, the only thing left is if u want to forget about it, if not, I can assist and make sure you get u funds and she gets arrested.

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by aurumbay: 9:16pm On May 04, 2016
I have made it a personal attribute now to make sure i offer service before collecting money and not deduce myself into a ripper i hope ppl change for good and stop duping ppl.I won't talk too much sha to all the thieves or God's children that have become corrupted by our needs,greeds and selfish desires change,for a network savvy person like me i can get anybody that takes money from me now,the facilities are in place now unlike 5 years ago.I won't advice the lady what to do the woman may change tomorrow so i'll stop @ that.Nigerians stop stealing.It takes a complicated process but very soon ppl will be walking with big brother following them behind because of irresponsible actions like this.Na agency fee.one way or the other jobs will come.You don't have to play dodgy the woman has entitlement to the fee she isn't scammed as long as the service will be provided when ever a job comes from,except if she steals it.Agency fee are normally paid at the office where portraits and pictures of you will be taken.I worked as a P.A. in an agency in Ikeja that remains me i can direct you to somewhere u can track her,if na Ikeja there's 2 places we meet i can tell you where to go.LOL i just remember o...I can even give you the boss i worked with number he knows the ppl in the industry and can direct you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

First Bank Is Recruiting / I Hàve Never Heard About Employment In Cbn(central Bank) / National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Recruitment.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74