Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? (41271 Views)

If You Have Been Scammed By This Number 08064553565 Come In / Help! I Have Been Scammed / How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 04, 2016
xxxtedyxxx:
it seems i heard about a similar occurence...was the guy beaten around sango otta?
Nope, dis one na IB
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:
I know I'm gonna get lots of insults for this but please don't forget to add your constructive advice to the insults. Thanks in advance..

I'm a Graduate seeking employment and have bills to pay.. I joined some channels on BBM where I get lots of information, some time ago, someone posted a BBM pin of a person who offers ushering/weekend jobs. Being broke and needing to get some legal and fast money, I added the pin and it happened to be a woman.

She sends BC's of jobs she has and most times she'll tell me I can't do jobs like that cz I'm a Muslim and I wear hijab. She said if I can pay agency fee to her friend, I could get ushering jobs from him.

She has been on my list since February and we talk once in a while, last week she said there was a 3day job in ikeja and I could participate if I paid 7k as agency fee. Without thinking, I transferred 7k to the account number she gave me and even invited 3 of my friends who also paid. I asked her for the address of the venue but she said I should wait till she finished compiling the names of the girls that had paid, so that she could send it to the agent and then get the address. This was Wednesday night.

On Thursday morning, we got ready and set out to beat the traffic from Alagbado to ikeja hoping she would send the address since she said the event was to start by 11am. We got to ikeja some minutes to 11 and then she said we couldn't work last week, we should bear with her and she would fix us for this week. I started pinging her and sent her a whole lot of messages but she didn't reply.. I asked for her number but she said she doesn't give her number to clients.

On Friday, she later replied and said I shouldn't worry, that we would work on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. And that she couldn't refund the money cz she has added our names to the list already and if we don't work on Tuesday and Wednesday, she will give us our money.

Yesterday was Tuesday, she hasn't replied any of my messages since Sunday but she has been reading them. But she still hasn't deleted me and the other people I gave her pin to.

What do you guys think? I'll post the information I have if needed.. Thanks in advance and please go easy on me!

Pls mod in charge! Help do the needful.. Thank you!
The scammer is a man, not a woman. Please post all your chats with him including his e-mail address.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by ovieigho(m): 9:18pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:
I know I'm gonna get lots of insults for this but please don't forget to add your constructive advice to the insults. Thanks in advance..

I'm a Graduate seeking employment and have bills to pay.. I joined some channels on BBM where I get lots of information, some time ago, someone posted a BBM pin of a person who offers ushering/weekend jobs. Being broke and needing to get some legal and fast money, I added the pin and it happened to be a woman.

She sends BC's of jobs she has and most times she'll tell me I can't do jobs like that cz I'm a Muslim and I wear hijab. She said if I can pay agency fee to her friend, I could get ushering jobs from him.

She has been on my list since February and we talk once in a while, last week she said there was a 3day job in ikeja and I could participate if I paid 7k as agency fee. Without thinking, I transferred 7k to the account number she gave me and even invited 3 of my friends who also paid. I asked her for the address of the venue but she said I should wait till she finished compiling the names of the girls that had paid, so that she could send it to the agent and then get the address. This was Wednesday night.

On Thursday morning, we got ready and set out to beat the traffic from Alagbado to ikeja hoping she would send the address since she said the event was to start by 11am. We got to ikeja some minutes to 11 and then she said we couldn't work last week, we should bear with her and she would fix us for this week. I started pinging her and sent her a whole lot of messages but she didn't reply.. I asked for her number but she said she doesn't give her number to clients.

On Friday, she later replied and said I shouldn't worry, that we would work on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. And that she couldn't refund the money cz she has added our names to the list already and if we don't work on Tuesday and Wednesday, she will give us our money.

Yesterday was Tuesday, she hasn't replied any of my messages since Sunday but she has been reading them. But she still hasn't deleted me and the other people I gave her pin to.

What do you guys think? I'll post the information I have if needed.. Thanks in advance and please go easy on me!

the truth is that you have been scammed all she is trying to do is to use delay tactics but post her bank detail here and inform her you are posting it...we can trace her through her acct. and if she receive money with acct without BVN the bank too is in trouble. save other gullible Nigerian s by doing what av told u

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:22pm On May 04, 2016
Na guy scam u..not a girl/woman.

He will meet his waterloo soonest.

U can still lodge a complaint at the bank. Let them know it is a fraudulent account.

Or

Just count your losses and move on.

The guy is a hungry broke ass....but sorry to say...u were too gullible to have fallen for this.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by ovieigho(m): 9:25pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:
This is the account details:
Esimike Jude
Fidelity bank.

And this is the lady's pin:
25b19f98

I'll post her pictures as soon as I can! Thanks
. okay with the this acct...get the police involve and go straight to the bank...if u don't have the strength to go it alone... call on me!! I hate when unemployed graduates are ripped off the little they hav
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Sayelabola(m): 9:30pm On May 04, 2016
HateU2:
They ar all scammers!
There was one too that I wanna work(ushering work too), it turns out that he wanna sleep with girls ni. He got d beating of his life sha

How did it goes? Did you hire some people to beat him, or you beat him yourself?
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by AMI3(m): 9:32pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:
Esimike Jude
Fidelity bank.

25b19f98

through what means did u paid the money? or ur friends paid theirs?
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 04, 2016
HateU2:
They ar all scammers!
There was one too that I wanna work(ushering work too), it turns out that he wanna sleep with girls ni. He got d beating of his life sha
Umm, i doubt o. you talk lie, tell me say he non sleep with u.... winks
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by aurumbay: 9:33pm On May 04, 2016
You need to exercise some more patience i just looked up his profile 11594 followers popular agent self,would he risk his profile for 28k i doubt that they are usually that way my boss get that character self...be patient u can get ur money back with such public profile.

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by lastpage: 9:36pm On May 04, 2016
Okay, l agree that you are a silly but that is beside the point.

This is a case of 419, fraud.

She used deception to defraud you.
I am angry that someone would defraud and take advantage of a person in your position, a job seeker! angry angry

Now,

1.) Lets start by printing all these chart messages where she promised you a job

2.) Secondly, go to the bank and get the account details (name, number, e.t.c) you paid the money into. If they would not give you, go back inot your own bank online account and print out the details of the beneficiary from there (Just act like you want to do another transfer and it would bring up the account details of the owner)

3) File a written complaint/petition at the EFCC or Fraud Section at Milverton rd, Ikoyi.
Let them take it from there.jail is knocking on their door undecided

I tell you, only a foolish person like Olisah Metuh, uses a bank account to defraud someone, in 2016!
Those days are long gone! Even Kidnappers have stopped taking ransom by bank.

Lastpage!

Edit: I see you al;ready have the bank details.

Esimike Jude
Fidelity bank.

25b19f98

You even get Pinshure! grin grin
Abeg, this one is a very easy case to rap-up

What remains is for you to use your last #50 to buy a Pen and a fullscap paper and write your petition. undecided undecided

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by AMI3(m): 9:41pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:

why don't you go to the and inform the manager that you mistakenly send money to a wrong account. I believe you go there with evidence.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by BitterTruthUass(f): 9:46pm On May 04, 2016
Its sad but I guess the total you and ur friends paid was 7k x 4 = 28K.

Just pray if my plans work out this month I will reach you for 28K deposit into your account smiley.

Pls dont thank me or depend on it cos I haven't done it just pray.

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by frisky2good(m): 9:49pm On May 04, 2016
Just thank God you only lost money and not your prestige (hope you understand what I mean). Just move on or else your 7k will just be your first installment and you might end up paying with your body too.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Adamsynox(m): 9:54pm On May 04, 2016
EmekaBlue:
She ia not a scammer i bet... but she cant place u on an event job as she warned earlier with ur hijab and i guess ur friends too...mayb she tried on diff occassions but no luck ..u beta learn to cover ur hair differently frm d bomb style here in 9ja and dnt try tarnishing sum1 image working hard over una 7k each..im out
ANKALI IS MISSING tongue
EmekaBlue:
She ia not a scammer i bet... but she cant place u on an event job as she warned earlier with ur hijab and i guess ur friends too...mayb she tried on diff occassions but no luck ..u beta learn to cover ur hair differently frm d bomb style here in 9ja and dnt try tarnishing sum1 image working hard over una 7k each..im out
ANKALI IS MISSING

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by rgee: 9:59pm On May 04, 2016
HateU2:
They ar all scammers!

Beiiiibe! My blunt super exciting swt one. Whr av u bn hidin all dis while. Its always refreshin n hot to read ur post I swear!

Wicked!
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by hotspec(m): 9:59pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:
Esimike Jude
Fidelity bank.

25b19f98

The same fidelity that their GM and DOO are still in EFCC custody for their roles in $$$bn scam involving Diezani during 2015 elections? CBN should caution ds bank
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Lionhearted511: 10:04pm On May 04, 2016
I have followed all the responses and advice given to op and concluded that a lot of persons here don't even know what's happening here in Lagos. Though i can't absolve the op from blames but a good number of persons talking here will still fall for this trick. It's standard practice here for job scout agents to collect upfront fees before giving out job offers or links. Some even suggest an agreement of collecting a certain percentage of ur first month salary. So with all these, it'll be pretty difficult for someone who isn't so witty to avoid being scammed. Where i blamed the op is that she should have known the person one on one and met physically at her office or at least know she's gotten a traceable address before parting with her money
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 10:05pm On May 04, 2016
SexyStrawberry:

I've already jumped into the conclusion that it was a guy that scammed her, and I really wonder what planet OP fell from, how can u pay for what u are yet to get? Even for market, u go first look werrin u dey buy, put am for ur shopping bag before paying the market woman, I need to visit the native doctor that did that jazz for the scammer to control her including her friends as well, that juju na die I swear!

I'm sure it wasn't jazz, I was just desperate to get money and my Friends trusted me cz they know I'm smart! This one just get as e be..
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by rahman3853(m): 10:05pm On May 04, 2016
op...d posible way of geting ur money bk wil end u spending mre, if u decide 2 go 2 police,efcc or icpc with thre bank account. secondly i dont tink its a lady, most times tis scamer use feminine gender claim defense 4 personal info lik numbr n addres. 4 future jst av a theory behind u, any job seeking dat decreases u financialy or moraly is 98% spam, get wise op. its a leson earnd
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 04, 2016
rgee:

Beiiiibe! My blunt super exciting swt one. Whr av u bn hidin all dis while. Its always refreshin n hot to read ur post I swear!

Wicked!

I'm blushing embarassed
Tanks bro.
God loves u wink
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by 1miccza: 10:15pm On May 04, 2016
Well the country as a whole is filled with fraudsters at every turn... It's a pity that you and your friends fell for them. Just as someone said any job that you are to pay for is most likely a scam
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by SamOgasco(m): 10:16pm On May 04, 2016
Laredojohn:

Op its very sad you went through all this I this hard times, one thing I want to assure you off is you can recover your money in full, b4 she attempts to delete you, munch all chats that lead to your conclusion sending money, those are your proofs,also the bank details you paid to with your transfer advice, kindly send me her pin, my mail is on signature, we need show people like this scamming people isn't an option to hardship, the only thing left is if u want to forget about it, if not, I can assist and make sure you get u funds and she gets arrested.

Please can you help me out as well? I was also scammed like that. With this securing of a job like that as well. So I would be so glad if you can be of help to me as well Sir. Cos its like the people are becoming too much nowadays.

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by SexyStrawberry(f): 10:18pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:

I'm sure it wasn't jazz, I was just desperate to get money and my Friends trusted me cz they know I'm smart! This one just get as e be..

No matter how desperate I may be, I don't see myself parting with even 500naira for something I'm yet to see, I mean, na naija we dey naaw, I still believe d yahoo guy wash hand wella scam u, if not, ur smartness for no run leave u go market, meanwhile can't something be done with that account number? like to trace that scammer, that bank should be of help naaw, one of my gf opened an account with 2m and the bank traced her all the way to her villa, so tracing this scammer shouldn't be a problem
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by tuna4servi(m): 10:20pm On May 04, 2016
Call the FBI
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by folks4luv(f): 10:21pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:

I registered for d same job on a website some weeks ago, eventushers.com or something. I submitted a few personal info n pic n they sent me a mail that they v hired me cause I am best fit for d job, without interview or seeing a full pic o. they also said I should pay 5k for reg fee, that was it. I figured such agencies make money by taking their commission of ur pay, but they must get u a job first, that way, its a win win or lose lose situation.
I kinda believe you have been scammed. wait for a couple of days more u may report to d police, with d account number, the fraudster can be traced . good luck sis
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by TaiKuun(m): 10:24pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91 its like you live around that Aminkanle/Alaso side
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by gonkraziiiiii: 10:26pm On May 04, 2016
nmreports:
Sorry Tbells91 dont feel bad about it.
Such is life.

Dont beat yourself over it.
Stop disturbing her. Dont even say hi at all.

If the job eventually comes, good. If it doesnt, count your losses and move on.
Add this to your vault of knowledge.
Well said
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Opoki(m): 10:31pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:

It will amaze you that you're better off those guys behind those BC's. Just ignore it all.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by san316(m): 10:31pm On May 04, 2016
They say lagosians are smart but even that mumu man for my village for egbolo no go fall for this scam. He go prefer to burn the money than give the scammer.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by goldenceo1: 10:31pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:

Yeah it is and she said it's for an agent/friend she works with sometimes..

Story, that should have been a red flag for you.. Sowi for ur lost my dear.. Heaven will replace ur lost in hundred folds.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by hemanuelmoc(m): 10:34pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91, please just keep that bank details. Once I get this police job I will go after that bastard except he/she is not a scammer.

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by uwalakathankgod(m): 10:34pm On May 04, 2016
Tbells91:
Esimike Jude
Fidelity bank.

25b19f98

oh my God this was the same lady that scam away my 10k last year August. please. God has exposed her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

First Bank Of Nigeria Recruitment 2012 / Recruitment For Short-Term Consultancy At NCDC In The 19 States Affected / First Bank Is Recruiting

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88