Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? (41217 Views)

If You Have Been Scammed By This Number 08064553565 Come In / Help! I Have Been Scammed / How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 4:10am On May 05, 2016
EmekaBlue:
This is so not nice...Y posting someone mother pics ,Y tarnishing her image like that...Do u think real scammers use their pics or anything...Not nice at all

the person is a scammer, male or female. but am sure it's a male pretending to be female.

tarnishing image? the image you gave her abi

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 4:15am On May 05, 2016
Randy91:

u r my perfect match....babee,let me b ur hero
oya goan kill Lion 4 me den u will be my hero cheesy
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 4:16am On May 05, 2016
EmekaBlue:
U didnt give her a break searching for something to do frm her links then ofc who doesnt want to earn something for survival in this hard situation in d country we find ourselves... She collected and tried...If she get other clients then she might reply u and pay u n ur frienz her money back ...If its a scammer she would delete you from that group...But when she payz u later it will be so unfair after some people who think they are smartazz here has requested for her info and details and u post it here..lets c how they help u

you mean when she gets her next victim?

there would be no need to pay the OP back if the job is genuine, she should get the job instead.

is either your brain is in recess or you're a scammer as well.

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by playtheblues(f): 4:17am On May 05, 2016
Go to the Police and lodge a formal complaint against her.

After then you go to her bank and explain what happened to the Bank Manager.

The Bank can help you catch her by blocking her ATM card so that she would think her ATM card expired. She would be arrested as soon as she goes into the bank to complain.

Mind you she may be a he.

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by laribari(m): 4:52am On May 05, 2016
Tbells91:

I've tried meekness o! Even told her that I have other girls who are interested if only mine worked but she kept promising that the job is sure and I should tell my friends to pay.. But she stopped replying after one of my friends threatened her on Sunday..

That is exactly my point, DO NOT FIGHT WITH HER becos that will not bring the money, instead it will scare her away. I excepted you guys play the fool for a while. When she was promising the job was sure, you should told her ur no longer interested.

Your threat is nothing to someone u dnt see.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by ovieigho(m): 5:08am On May 05, 2016
Tbells91:

Thanks.. I'll do what I can!
please do..,don't relent , and keep us updated...
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by iwadobo: 5:13am On May 05, 2016
Tbells91:

That's exactly why I'm here.. What do you think? I have the account details but I don't think the bank will give out customers info..
report the case to the police , the police will get the info from the bank. Tell the police we already on the matter on naira land. After the report, report back to us here and give us the name of the police station you reported the case. They will bulge .

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by babs01(m): 5:27am On May 05, 2016
Horlawoomey:

If you can do research job, I can link you with a marketing research firm in Agege, they need researchers from time to time and the pay is manageable pending the time you will get a good job.
U dis GNLD guy don come here again
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Johnrake69: 5:46am On May 05, 2016
Tbells91:
This is the account details:
Esimike Jude
Fidelity bank.

And this is the lady's pin:
25b19f98

I'll post her pictures as soon as I can! Thanks

Go to the bank with the details of your transactions to make a report stating that the said account is being used for fraud. Do this through the bank's whistle blowing channel and the account will be frozen. You can equally look up CBN's whistle blowing procedure. Even if you don't get your money back that personality would have really hard time doing any bank transaction. Thank God for BVN!
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Ishilove: 5:58am On May 05, 2016
Joavid:

there would be no need to pay the OP back if the job is genuine, she should get the job instead.

He's a scammer

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Ishilove: 6:00am On May 05, 2016
massimo101:
send the details including the account info you paid to and the bank also send the bbm pin...i will get her for you
Op has been reposting it. Here it is

Esimike Jude
Fidelity bank

And here's the pin: 25b19f98
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by EmekaBlue(m): 6:03am On May 05, 2016
Not surprinsing with d lots of scam out thr; everything is a scam..wht if i say this same person has given me job alot of tyms bfr and she just get her agent fee to survive
Joavid:

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by EmekaBlue(m): 6:05am On May 05, 2016
So if its a male..Y she posting this innocent mum pic with her son..na waa o..Do u knw sum1 here can knw this mum and spread rumour of her just bcoz of one hijab mishap applicant...Not nice
Joavid:

the person is a scammer, male or female. but am sure it's a male pretending to be female.

tarnishing image? the image you gave her abi
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 6:07am On May 05, 2016
Op sorry but you gotta be smarter.

Once a job entails you paying for it first, realise it's a scam!
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by teabully(m): 6:25am On May 05, 2016
Post her details, n even pin, someone did this to me once, but took me ova 6 mnths to take my revenge, he blocked me on fb, whatapps and bbm but alas I got him Baak, I v d videos of how my frnds bleeped him up, @OP, post her pin n acct details let pplle get her. Too bad
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 6:35am On May 05, 2016
How can someone pay for a Job??

I thought people pay to Lobby Jobs and not to search for Jobs...

I feel really sorry for the OP though.. This is a new breed of Scam going on in the Country.. BBM channels are used, No Phone Numbers and if yu aint Intelligent enough, You'd be scammed...
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by FORTHOPE: 6:41am On May 05, 2016
macaranta:
Paying for a job is the first symptom of a scam.But sometimes desperation beclouds reasoning,just count your loss and move on.
...THIS IS THE GOLDEN RULE OF AVOIDING JOB SCAM!...keep in mind that it takes the desperation, gullibility, greediness and oftentimes the fraudulent intent of the victim for the scammer to succeed!
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Acidosis(m): 6:47am On May 05, 2016
Seun,

I don't get it. Why did you allow this on the front page?

Remember, you locked a thread on Technology Markets when a guy laid a complaint about someone on Nairaland. You went as far as telling him not to bring his issues on the forum.

This is bad, and unfair.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Laredojohn(m): 6:58am On May 05, 2016
SamOgasco:

Ok. I have some of this and some other relevant exhibits to back up my claims as well.

So how do we go about it now Sir?
Owk it's no biggie, you could carry out your full complain here http://specialfraudunit.org.ng/contact.html
Trust me they work, never doubt them, you also must b ready to tender evidences in court, if it gets to a legal stage...also Efcc can also help out, if you dnt know how to compose the mails, send a detailed report of how the scam took place to my mail on signature will compose one and send back to you
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Laredojohn(m): 7:03am On May 05, 2016
Tbells91:

I'll add you up on BBM.. Fareedah is my display name!
Seen....i see some say you go to the bank etc, the bank would never give u any info abt d person, cos u chose to pay, it's only the relevant fraud agencies like the sfu, Efcc, that can instruct banks to give detailed info, address and the likes of a fraudulent account, provided they get a complain from victims, with a simple method we gonna adopt, you are going to get ur funds back, as well as other friends you introduced to her. Got d add we will start up from there
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by BABAODU: 7:11am On May 05, 2016
Please post all the details you have of her on here as well as all pictures. That will teach them a lesson as well as make other people to become weary of her.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 7:15am On May 05, 2016
HateU2:

hahahahahahahahaha....##End time comment###
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Herapal(m): 7:22am On May 05, 2016
nmreports:
Sorry Tbells91 dont feel bad about it.
Such is life.

Dont beat yourself over it.
Stop disturbing her. Dont even say hi at all.

If the job eventually comes, good. If it doesnt, count your losses and move on.
Add this to your vault of knowledge.

Bless you!
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Horlawoomey(m): 7:29am On May 05, 2016
babs01:

U dis GNLD guy don come here again

I hate GNLD with passion.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Horlawoomey(m): 7:33am On May 05, 2016
franciskaine:
pls elucidate on the research job. Thanks

The firm has clients ranging from manufacturers and service providers, what the client does is just to send field interviewers outside to seek consumer's opinion on a certain product or service in order for the producers to make certain decisions.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by MyLady11(m): 7:48am On May 05, 2016
Tbells91:
I know I'm gonna get lots of insults for this but please don't forget to add your constructive advice to the insults. Thanks in advance..

I'm a Graduate seeking employment and have bills to pay.. I joined some channels on BBM where I get lots of information, some time ago, someone posted a BBM pin of a person who offers ushering/weekend jobs. Being broke and needing to get some legal and fast money, I added the pin and it happened to be a woman.

She sends BC's of jobs she has and most times she'll tell me I can't do jobs like that cz I'm a Muslim and I wear hijab. She said if I can pay agency fee to her friend, I could get ushering jobs from him.

She has been on my list since February and we talk once in a while, last week she said there was a 3day job in ikeja and I could participate if I paid 7k as agency fee. Without thinking, I transferred 7k to the account number she gave me and even invited 3 of my friends who also paid. I asked her for the address of the venue but she said I should wait till she finished compiling the names of the girls that had paid, so that she could send it to the agent and then get the address. This was Wednesday night.

On Thursday morning, we got ready and set out to beat the traffic from Alagbado to ikeja hoping she would send the address since she said the event was to start by 11am. We got to ikeja some minutes to 11 and then she said we couldn't work last week, we should bear with her and she would fix us for this week. I started pinging her and sent her a whole lot of messages but she didn't reply.. I asked for her number but she said she doesn't give her number to clients.

On Friday, she later replied and said I shouldn't worry, that we would work on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. And that she couldn't refund the money cz she has added our names to the list already and if we don't work on Tuesday and Wednesday, she will give us our money.

Yesterday was Tuesday, she hasn't replied any of my messages since Sunday but she has been reading them. But she still hasn't deleted me and the other people I gave her pin to.

What do you guys think? I'll post the information I have if needed.. Thanks in advance and please go easy on me!

Pls mod in charge! Help do the needful.. Thank you!
Send me the scammer pin, dis may be her last scamming on earth.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Horlawoomey(m): 7:52am On May 05, 2016
Tbells91:

I can learn.. I'll send you a mail.. Thanks!
Chat me up on whatsapp 0 8 1 35134212
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by ogawisdom(m): 7:56am On May 05, 2016
goldenceo1:

Don't wanna jump into conclusion but that name sounds like a male account details.

It's a male using a female pic I guess, dts y he doesn't use voice communication

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 8:14am On May 05, 2016
HateU2:

Hehehehehe! GudMrn
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 8:16am On May 05, 2016
bunmiano:
well as matter of fact ..The scammer can actually be caught but it will be very difficult .

Any scammer who uses GTBANK, First Bank ,Skype, Zenith and UBA are not safe

Now reasons for saying this ..BVN policy will make it so easy for those scammer to be caught unless those banks would want to help.They really know those people but the problem is they always want to protect their customers as we all know their income is the most paramount to them ..

Now if you have an insider then you will know scammers are not safe...Talking from experience ..

A blogger once scammed me of 15k in 2012 but I caught him...you cannot scam me and go scot free ...yeah I mean it ..unless you are not using those banks

yeah now for Banks like Fidelity bank they do not have well detailed information of customers ..yeah I know someone Close who hasn't even done his bvn and the account is functioning well. .many scammers really now migrating to that bank...To register account with them is so easy..mehn let me just stop here ...

But I think am interested in this ..I hate cheating ..The dude will suffer for this ....

Are you aware an address is submitted to banks while registration

God bless you all

I'll appreciate your help! Thanks
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by rvpbae: 8:18am On May 05, 2016
Op. Pls take the pictures down.

I am quite certain that isn't the person behind the account.

Cc Davide470

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Entry-level Data Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Company - (21 Locations) / I Hàve Never Heard About Employment In Cbn(central Bank) / Recruitment For Short-Term Consultancy At NCDC In The 19 States Affected

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51