Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. (8513 Views)

Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Female Trekker From Enugu To Abuja Gets Warm Reception From NOA (photos) / Gov Rochas Okorocha Receives Heroes Reception (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by jodeci(m): 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2009
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Rebarobyn: 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2009
Now that we know that they didn't even trust us enough to let us have her itinerary, I hope the pro-Americans in this thread will put this case to rest. The treatment was well deserved if indeed she didn't disclose her itinerary, they couldn't have been expecting us to put everything on hold for their arrival and btw, I don't even think she's complaining. These Americans that we are trying to be polite to don't respect us one bit so why even make Hilary's visit an issue in the first place?
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by RichyBlacK(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2009
If those idiots in Abuja deliberately ignored Hilary Clinton, then the US must make sure to ignore the Nigerian government and start working to expose elements in the government and even place travel bans to the US on some those embezzlers.

Why can't the US government leak to the press the bank accounts of ALL the kleptobots in Abuja? A credible list of the stolen wealth of the animals in human skin will go a long way in sending a message to those foolish politicians that their stolen wealth is never safe. This will be an effective means of fighting corruption in Africa, especially Nigeria.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by naijaway(m): 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2009
As much as I like independence I also value honest criticism than dinning with the enemy. Nigeria will be cool and happy with china, north korea, russia that are planning nigaz, saudi arabia (very demonic), and all sorts of thievery nations. These nations I mentioned don't care about our citizenery in any way, shape or form; they are willing to just bombard us and take over our wealth and resources and treat us like slaves if not that nations like the USA, Canada, Britian for their own intrest will resist and might escalate it.
   I don't think it was right not to be received at the airport the way she was supposed to at least by OJO madueke, but is all good and I don't think she even cares about that as long as they oblige to their meeting. The same fools from the nigerian govt have most of their kids in the USA, Britian, canada, europe, for security reasons be it immediate security or future security eg education.  Some people are acting as if Nigeria is way way high up there and can match even a quater of the difference in LEVELS. We should just adjust our ways of relations because if Ghana dares have mre oil than expected am sorry to say as long as USA and some in europe is concerned they(ghana) will be the power/giant of west africa cuz all it will take will be some free and negotiated weaponary while the chinese gives us temporary stuffs that end up missing like a whole satelite not even two years old.
   Our government is corrupt, not just corrupt but very very very corrupt and need to be told that, cuz it is ameria's safe card; if they come and praise praise praise the same people will say is all because of oil, this or that. America will still be the #1 nation for many years to come so if china and all those yeye countries are dreaming, it is not a bad idea they can continue but their bad ways and racist / non tolerant ways will hinder them. America is not perfect so is canada so is australia, new zealand, many parts of europe etc but they have a niche that works for them while the chinese, saudis and all others in the middle east are way way not perfect and Nigeria is way better than them only if we can see it.
  What is wrong with being a patriotic visoner which is supposed to be the president's job. Why can't he align himself with the most powerful in terms of technology, transportation, and many military hardware while also doing straight business with the chinese and co. Instead, he's running to saudi for check up and begging the chinese for light and train, something that won't last. Look at how hotel was falling like a someone pushed it. Even with Bush's blunders and i must admit very messed up blunders, USA is still the donchief of the world whether we like it or not as long as they humble themselves. If china messes up financially, militarily, and vast foreign relations on the line like the USA she will be so messed right now to the point that they will need recolonization. We are competitors with china, india, and some others; we are cooperators with all of west africa, south africa, some of south and north america, and majority of east africa; We are watchful of western europe, canada, USA, australia, etc We are in a cold war and competitors with north africa and more than 96% of the middle east whether we believe it or not.  
  All the actions are just because long term honesty is a very difficult task in nigeria and another election is around the corner so the murder and riggings will be back in full effect so no need for someone to  remind them afterall the citizens don't count regardless of the huge population numbers.  
   May God save us from internal tyranny first government and civilians then we will be able in unity to handle external tyranny. May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by RichyBlacK(m): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2009
Rebarobyn:

Now that we know that they didn't even trust us enough to let us have her itinerary, I hope the pro-Americans in this thread will put this case to rest. The treatment was well deserved if indeed she didn't disclose her itinerary, they couldn't have been expecting us to put everything on hold for their arrival and btw, I don't even think she's complaining. These Americans that we are trying to be polite to don't respect us one bit so why even make Hilary's visit an issue in the first place?

Why should they respect us, when we worship the fools that put us in darkness, steal all the money and put us in poverty, use their police and army to shoot at us when we complain, refuse to fund education, provide zero health infrastructure for us, ensure we die in thousands on roads so dilapidated that one will think that Nigeria is in some earthquake zone?

We praise these fools, give them chieftaincy titles, call them "Oga pata pata", genuflect to them, excuse their actions and in-actions and worship the grounds they walk on. We deserve no respect for tolerating the kind of rubbish going on in Nigeria!
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by agabaI23(m): 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2009
Richyblack,

How do you expect them to honour her when her itinerary was not made known to the govt.?

They are corrupt but here you do not expect them to perform miracle.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by wirinet(m): 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2009
Why is it that Nigerians base their opinions on ego massaging and sentiments, instead of the reality on the ground. In foreign policy issues, the Secretary of State is very important, if not more important than the president. A serious government should have taken advantage of Clintons, visit to ask for assistance, in the area of the aspects she has problems with; namely, the Niger Delta crisis, Electoral Reforms ( after all it was the US that gave the world the modern form of democracy practiced in the world today), Educational, Technical and Technological Assistance, even financial assistance.
We have to face reality, every country ( especially developing countries need the US), go ask the Israelis,( who seeks the support of the US in every thing the do),  the south Koreans, the Japanese. The difference between North Korea, and between the former East Germany and West Germany is US assistance. It was even the US that help Europe win the World War 2 and help the reconstruction of Europe after the war. So those of you saying to hell with the US must be a relative of Yaradua - Clueless. I am not particularly a fan of the US, but when the US sneezes, the world catches cold.

About Saudi Arabia, I do not think the US can impose democracy into a nation that had been autocratic for hundreds of years if not thousands. The US can only help the citizens if they clamour  for democracy. Are the Saudi people clamouring for democracy?. Also if the Saudi's run into problems like they did under saddam, who do they run to? - The US of course.

Look at Libya, a more organized country than Nigeria, what happened after being a US antagonist for over 20 years, they retraced their steps and became an allay.

The funniest thing is that most of those abusing America today, would be ready to lick her foot ( Mrs Clinton) if she says come and collect a green card. Also most of or Government official's children hold's US Passport or Green Card, so if there are annoyed at Mrs Clinton, they should withdraw their children from US and burn their passport, so as to experience "the lies" being told by Mrs Clinton.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by nex(m): 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2009
This woman wants to come and gather various power blocks together and instigate them to struggle for power and control. If the Sultan of Sokoto had obliged her, you all would have heard the kind of praises she would have showered on him with little notes to remind him that prior to the Brutish invasion, the Fulani Sultanate was the power house of Nigeria.

I can understand the sheer ignorance of the Nigerian masses who do not know that what the USA is out to do is spread disdain among smaller African countries for Nigeria and forment discord among all african Nations so that they can continue to use us for the next millenium.

How do you think they brought Ethiopia from such a great height to a struggling landlocked nation severed from Eritrea, which itself is now not doing any better?

Is Clinton a royal mother that she wants to be meeting with our royal fathers? If queen elizabeth wants to meet with the Sultan or Oba, I have on problem with that.

It is time the USA like China, Japan, India and even Lebanon present whatever business they have to offer for us to know if It's acceptable rather than believing they understand old school Machiavellian politics more than the inventor himself. This is 2009 and everybody should compete in the new world economy with regards to what resources they have to bargain with not by touting sentiments and holier than thou sermons all over the African continent. She wants to tell us about equality of women meanwhile, her position as secretary of state rather than president today goes to show that the traditional USA citizen is still very bias against women leadership.

Clinton should go and find a very good hair salon in Abuja where they can give her a befitting hairdo in order to get rid of that archaic wig she's been wearing for decades now.

A foreigner wants to come and address the Council of Traditional Rulers.
TUFIAKWA!!!
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by morpheus24: 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2009
nex:

This woman wants to come and gather various power blocks together and instigate them to struggle for power and control. If the Sultan of Sokoto had obliged her, you all would have heard the kind of praises she would have showered on him with little notes to remind him that prior to the Brutish invasion, the Fulani Sultanate was the power house of Nigeria.

I can understand the sheer ignorance of the Nigerian masses who do not know that what the USA is out to do is spread disdain among smaller African countries for Nigeria and forment discord among all african Nations so that they can continue to use us for the next millenium.

How do you think they brought Ethiopia from such a great height to a struggling landlocked nation severed from Eritrea, which itself is now not doing any better?

Is Clinton a royal mother that she wants to be meeting with our royal fathers? If queen elizabeth wants to meet with the Sultan or Oba, I have on problem with that.

It is time the USA like China, Japan, India and even Lebanon present whatever business they have to offer for us to know if It's acceptable rather than believing they understand old school Machiavellian politics more than the inventor himself. This is 2009 and everybody should compete in the new world economy with regards to what resources they have to bargain with not by touting sentiments and holier than thou sermons all over the African continent. She wants to tell us about equality of women meanwhile, her position as secretary of state rather than president today goes to show that the traditional USA citizen is still very bias against women leadership.

Clinton should go and find a very good hair salon in Abuja where they can give her a befitting hairdo in order to get rid of that archaic wig she's been wearing for decades now.

A foreigner wants to come and address the Council of Traditional Rulers.
TUFIAKWA!!!

Heheheheheh!!
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by BlackRevo: 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2009
@winret

If they cannot impose democracy on saudi arabia why are they imposing it on iraq and afghanistan? if saudi has a right to the type of government they want so do nigeria ( Not that i am supporting a corrupt government okay)

Obama visited egypt, so i ask is egypt a democratic government? You said the secretary of state might be more important than the president but thats not in our dictionary. We want the president and not the secretary of state.

if obasanjo was there do you think small obama will try that stupid stunt.

@nex

Imagine an ordinary foreign woman ( without any form of royalty)  for that matter wants to address the sarduana of the sokoto caliphate, The oba of the benin Kingdom, The oni of Ife, the oba of lagos and many more. That is very embarrassing. Even obama bowed to the kind of saudi arabia so what will hilary do to our traditional rulers?
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Igbanibo: 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2009
We dont have any type of checks and balances in Nigeria, only sycophants.  Perhaps, her interest in talking to opposition groups might be for them to check mate the government.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by morpheus24: 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2009
Igbanibo:

We dont have any type of checks and balances in Nigeria, only sycophants. Perhaps, her interest in talking to opposition groups might be for them to check mate the government.

Or cause more civil unrest and dissent.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by BlackRevo: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2009
Igbanibo:

We dont have any type of checks and balances in Nigeria, only sycophants.  Perhaps, her interest in talking to opposition groups might be for them to check mate the government.

Who was check-mating the bush government? They are trying to divide us my brother, American has a hand in all the conflict in Africa.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Becomrich: 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2009
I think the first thing Hillary has to learn is that I am given an unbias view of Nigeria. When I said don’t go, I mean it. We are different, we have culture , history which make our story unique.  

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-301082.0.html

The truth is we have no other choice at the moment than to remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic.  What hillary Clinton does not know is that there is power play in Nigeria based on ethnics loyality. After seen the satellite picture of Nigeria. In the mind of every Northerner the removing of the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic is the only solution.

There would never be Biafra, never because of the politics of Nigeria. And because the so call people calling for Biafra are just less than 10% of the population of Nigeria.

While for this solution of  removing the  yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic majority of Nigeria would vote Yes to the solution. I would say about 80% of the population of Nigeria to avoid a civil war.  

And a nation have to weight what is best for 80% of its population and not less than 10% of its population.  Even among the less than 10% of the population, the educated igbos know Biafra is not possible.

Another reason is igboland have ecological problem of erosion, which can not be corrected if you look at satellite picture. You would need trillion of dollars to correct them. We don’t have it. So igbos have to immigrate by force.

And while 90% of igbos are traders. If a nation call Biafra exist, it means 90% of Igbos would be JOBLESS. The reason is since most igbos are traders, you must have people who would buy from you. And if every igbos man is a spear part dealer where are the buyers in the Biafra.

It is only uneducated igbos that would not see the advantage in igbos been part of the new Nigeria with the north. And while the removing of the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic is the only solution.

There would never be Biafra. The igbos can not live in 29,000 sq km , they are traders, who are they going to sell thing to. 90% of igbos would loss their source of living.

This is the reason why they can never be Biafra.

Look what the USA and other do not understand is that there are two major powers in west Africa. Fulani/hausa and the Yorubas.

While the Fulani/hausa dominate the north in several countries. the yorubas dominate the south in several countries.

The Yorubas and Fulani/hausa together are spread in  about 18 countries in Africa. This is why we have to redraw the map of Nigeria to avoid a civil war. The igbos have no military strength in the Nigeria army to oppose even the decision. They would be crush. I can even tell you this. Knowing Nigeria politics if the igbos stage a coup against it. In less than 6 hours they would be remove from power.  And most likely the coup would fail.

Seen the satellite picture, we have to redraw the map of  Nigeria to avoid a civil war. This is why it is important not to listen to the useless shout of Biafra. It is not possible and would NEVER happen. The force against it is too many. Even if the west support it.  west Africa politics would block it. Biafra would be block in west Africa and Africa.

Removing the Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into Benin republic  would pass in the west Africa parliament by a 90% vote. All countries in west Africa would support it and 90% of Africa countries would vote yes to the decision. It is the only solution to avoid a civil war.

Hillary has to get it. She have to join in the movement to remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic making the north have 70% of the oil. This is the only solution. And the USA have to Openly support the plan to remove the Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state to Benin republic to make the north have majority , this is the only solution to avoid a civil war.

Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by agabaI23(m): 5:52pm On Aug 12, 2009
Becomrich in the house
AOT.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Ileya: 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2009
Richest Nation on earth.

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

How is wealth defined these days?
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by nex(m): 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2009
@wirinet

I see that you are not aware of the state of things in the world today. If you are asking the USA to give you assistance in solving the Niger Delta crisis, if they want to be honest with you, they will tell you to solve it the way they solved the Native American problem: wipe them out till they become a manageable population of less than 6%!

If you are talking about financial assistance, then you must be wicked. They USA has latched onto China for financial assistance and China is basically the one sponsoring the USA's economy currently.

I'm also sure you don't know that South and North Korea have decided to call off their war of about 40 years, but the USA which is the main sponsor of the war rejected this peace and said the war status should continue indefinitely. They're not physically at war, but the USA wants them to continue living in a state of virtual war. Is that not madness?

We don't need anybody's assistance. This has become a world of 'bring what you have and take what I have'. Anybody that has nothing to exchange should go and die.

For decades we have been importing from the USA, goods manufactured in China. Now we've gone to the source and they are vexing. How can we be expecting aid and assistance from the USA when they are in turn receiving aid and assistance from China. We can as well go to the source.

The other day, the USA embassy in Nigeria started teaching us scriptwriters how to write more suitable scripts which are skewed with a pro-American theme. Their propaganda will never end.

It's a new world order and the USA and Brutain should find their new positions to fit in. All this positioning and peacock attitude will take them nowhere and that's the lesson Clinton is learning today.

The only reason Nigeria decided to look the way of the USA in the past year is because of the election of Obama. We thought they'd change from this BUSH attitude of theirs, but they are still the same.

A foreigner address Nigerian Royalties?!
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by MustardInc: 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2009
THE REAL STORY - from NEW YORK TIMES

Clinton Courts Good Will in Nigeria

ABUJA, Nigeria — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton continued her message of good government and stronger relations with Africa while visiting Nigeria on Wednesday, taking a noticeably softer tone with this continental heavyweight and crucial oil supplier to the United States.

On the fifth stop of her seven-nation Africa tour, Mrs. Clinton thanked Nigeria, the continent’s most populous country, for its help in resolving wars in Liberia and Sierra Leone and for providing peacekeepers to Sudan.

“Nigeria has been particularly active on key international and regional issues,” she said. “It is critical for Nigeria to succeed in fulfilling its promise.”

But when it came time to address corruption — and Nigeria is notorious for corruption, from the top ministers in the government to the police officers on the street — Mrs. Clinton’s message was muted. She simply said, “We strongly support and encourage the government of Nigeria’s efforts to increase transparency, reduce corruption,” and prepare for a clean national election in 2011, after a problematic one in 2007.

Mrs. Clinton also avoided answering a question about the Nigerian government’s recent crackdown on an extremist Islamic group in northern Nigeria after a spasm of violence there. In police raids on the headquarters of the group, known as Boko Haram — the name is a Hausa expression meaning “Western education is prohibited” — more than 700 people were killed, many of them civilians. The Nigerian authorities reported the leader’s capture alive, and then displayed his bullet-ridden body, raising accusations of an extrajudicial execution.

The group had no known links to any broader organization.

Mrs. Clinton said she did not have enough information to comment on the Nigerian operation against Boko Haram, though she said, “We have no doubt that Al Qaeda has a presence in North Africa” and that terrorists would “seek a foothold wherever they can.”

Nigeria is crucial to the Obama administration’s efforts to improve relations with Africa. It is a huge country, with 150 million people, and it is the continent’s largest oil producer and the United States’ fifth largest supplier of crude oil. It could supply even more, but heavily armed insurgents in the oil-producing areas have hampered drilling operations by blowing up pipelines and kidnapping Western oil workers, seemingly at will.
But this problem, which has been raging for years, could ease somewhat under the Nigerian government’s amnesty program for rebel fighters.

“There was a need to be bold and imaginative,” said Nigeria’s foreign minister, Ojo Maduekwe, who met with Mrs. Clinton for more than a hour on Wednesday. “Old methods were not going to be good enough.”

He added, “Nigerians by nature are not a very violent people.”

The United States and Nigeria already cooperate closely on military affairs, with many of Nigeria’s top officers having passed through American military academies. [b]Mrs. Clinton said that the Nigerian defense minister asked her for specific American military help to quash the remaining rebels in the oil-producing areas and the American government would look closely at the request.[/b]Mrs. Clinton will meet with Nigeria’s president, Umaru Yar’Adua, later Wednesday.

She is scheduled to arrive in Liberia on Thursday and Cape Verde on Friday.

SOURCE: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/13/world/africa/13diplo.html?hp  TODAY!!!
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by wirinet(m): 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2009
Black_Revo:

@winret

If they cannot impose democracy on saudi arabia why are they imposing it on iraq and afghanistan? if saudi has a right to the type of government they want so do nigeria ( Not that i am supporting a corrupt government okay)

Obama visited egypt,  so i ask is egypt a democratic government? You said the secretary of state might be more important than the president but thats not in our dictionary. We want the president and not the secretary of state.

if obasanjo was there do you think small obama will try that stupid stunt.

@nex

Imagine an ordinary foreign woman ( without any form of royalty)  for that matter wants to address the sarduana of the sokoto caliphate, The oba of the benin Kingdom, The oni of Ife, the oba of lagos and many more. That is very embarrassing. Even obama bowed to the kind of saudi arabia so what will hilary do to our traditional rulers?

If MRS Clinton wanted to address royal fathers, why did we not oblige her. You may never know what she wants to tell them. She might have intelligence report linking them to religious crisis in Nigeria. Also you cannot compare royal fathers in Nigeria to the king of Saudi Arabia, the Saudi king has executive powers, in Nigeria a Local Government chaiman is more powerful than an Oba or Emir
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by MustardInc: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2009
TRUTH IS, Neither USA nor Britain is willing to address the moribund state of our dearly beloved, overhyped Nation in apropos capacity no thanks to their SELFISH inclinations.

Seems like the Old saying of the WEST's smugness at trampling upon AFRICA as their little "johnbull" is probably true after all, Concealing veracity with their largely hypocritical propagation of "Western Democratic Transparency" - something for which they ARE EQUALLY GUILTY! 

Ask China!

Sadly, our leaders' conspicuous corruption lubricated by their inflated egos (the sort of which Mrs. Clinton's visit provides) have eluded their perception of realism . Nigeria can only  ARISE & SHINE when we DO IT RIGHT, OUR WAY!

The State of the State called "STATES" is no more STATELY!
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by mccloud224(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2009

@Black_Revo

That was an interesting comment.Please can you define what royalty means?Can you please tell me the factors that make a "royal father" a better human being than yourself?Can you please tell me what the "royal people" of Nigeria have done to reflect on your life positively?

The Sarduana's/Emirs support hatred against Christians/southerners at the background.I mean, there are many royal fathers in the north and yet over a 1000 people died recently from "religious" or rather politically motivated violence.What influence do they have on their people other than being glorified celebrities who receive mouth watering sums from the govt coffers every month for their "fatherly roles".

The Oba of Benin "decreed" some months back that no market trader should sell palm fruit (during a particular season).What has that got to do with empowering the people?Is that the problem of Nigerians?Palm fruit?

Then you have the Oni's and the Obas.Na these ones i no just understand.These "fathers" are the ones that back the "leaders" we have today.These people are the ones that go to lick Obasanjo's toes just to gain favors or be in his good books.

You know, it always amazes me the way we complain about the country's situation and YET, you'll see the same people ready to lay down their lives for these same people.For example, if i post a topic titled "IBB IS A THIEF", you'll be surprised at the hundreds of posters that will defend IBB's "integrity".

Hmmm.I sorry for 9ja.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by mccloud224(m): 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2009
Even obama bowed to the kind of saudi arabia so what will hilary do to our traditional rulers?

Mind you, the "bowing" was a greeting and not a sign of servitude.In other words, it's the Arabs that virtually bow to the west and not the other way round.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by nex(m): 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2009
I'm sure Mrs. Clinton is not aware of the availability of International Media and the Internet in Africa. She feels that she can go to this country, shower praises on them and insult the others, then go to the next country, insult all other nations and praise the one their in.

Has she not come to Nigeria now and she's praising the Nation and castigating the militants whom she will go to another country and say are freedom fighters struggling for emancipation.

Shebi you people have heard what Clinton came to say to your corrupt leaders. They have done well and should continue fulfilling the promise they made. I wonder which promise the USA and corrupt Nigerian leaders have made in secret.

700 people were slaughtered like sheep. A man that went to submit himself in the police station was executed and she has nothing to say. She has nothing to say about human rights issues. Let her go to another country, she will condemn all these.

She has come to Nigeria and showered praises on the government for their effort in single-handedly restoring peace, stability and democracy in Liberia. Tomorrow she will go to Liberia and tell them that Nigeria is a useless country and if not for the USA submarine and total inaction during the reign of Charles Taylor, Liberia won't be enjoying democracy today.

Ojo Madueke has told her the message I expected him to pass on to them. The old ways of doing things is not good enough.

It's a new world order. Your president cannot be bowing to Arabs princes and kings then some secretary will be backbiting us all over the continent and we'll not treat her like a wayward inlaw.

Even the crude oil we're talking about is for the highest bidder. China is there, India is there, Europe too is there. Whoever has the money should come and get the crude oil. We're not fulfilling any military promise. They should go and meet Abdulsalam to fulfil their secret promise. Ole people!

A foreign civil servant to address our Royalties! Abomination!!!
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by ndomadu: 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2009
oga go slow have nothing to offer spare me the grammar! Madam clinton shud liv naija alone and see other serious countries.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by mccloud224(m): 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2009
@nex

I'm sure Mrs. Clinton is not aware of the availability of International Media and the Internet in Africa. She feels that she can go to this country, shower praises on them and insult the others, then go to the next country, insult all other nations and praise the one their in.

Could you explain how she insulted them?If you see a thief and call him a thief, is that an insult?Seriously man, we need to upgrade our level of reasoning in this country.

700 people were slaughtered like sheep. A man that went to submit himself in the police station was executed and she has nothing to say. She has nothing to say about human rights issues. Let her go to another country, she will condemn all these.

First of all, you can't expect her to discuss all of Nigeria's problems in the limited time she had.Secondly, she hit the nail on the head.All these human rights problems,sectarian violence and so on are as a result of the break down in our society which is caused completely by our corrupt and insensitive "leaders" (who are leading us no where).Thirdly, she called our leaders corrupt and it's made you angry.I wonder what your reaction would have been if she had addressed those issues you mentioned.Talk about hypocrisy at it's finest.

A foreign civil servant to address our Royalties!  Abomination!!!

You know, it's chiefly because of this "slave attitude" of our people that encourages our "leaders" to do as they please.Personally, i believe respect should be earned by one's integrity and hard work NOT by how many looted millions or billions they have in offshore accounts.Please mention one honest "royal father" if you know one.Mention just one prominent father who doesn't benefited from govt coffers.All these "royal fathers" do is back our "politriktians" during elections with their thugs/followers and they get compensated for their "good work" with monthly allowances/contracts.If these "fathers" had their accounts (both foreign and local) frozen, I'll see how "respected" they would be.9ja, abeg make una wake up.Dis slave mentality will not get us anywhere.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by nex(m): 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2009
@mccloud224

you're the one saying all this. The North Americans have already cautioned their president to stop worshipping Arab kings because oil doesn't mean their nation should lose its pride.

Obama went to Ghana to insure a stake in their newly discovered Crude Oil and some children are here saying rubbish about what they know not.

Is Benin Republic not a stable democratic Nation? They should go there and praise democracy, transparency and peace. Why wait till Benin discovers a large pit of black gold. You hear them talk about Botswana everyday. Look deep into that country and you will see what the USA seeks.

I'm surprised that some people here claim that Libya lobbied the USA. The truth is that Europe started to court Libya and the USA came along too in order not to miss out on anything.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2009
Americans will never render help to any nation without expectin sumtin big in return, They claim to be the most secured whereas they are the most corrupt nation, Only the chinese know how to deal with them, Nigeria should nt bow to the west all in the name of international relations.America needs Nigeria to survive, It should be a give & take stuff.One useless woman coming to show off think we are just negroes.She should go to oshodi market & address the women there, What has she got to tel us dat we ave nt hear before, She should just fsck off,
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by mamagee6(f): 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2009
Yarasick is really killing and embarassing Nigeria.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2009
America stands for an ideology which nigeria should nt succumb to, No matter how bad of a leadership we may have,we remain a sovereign nation, No ass-kissing to obama or ilari~Lfmao
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by tci(m): 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2009
its a big shame to NIgeria, our GREAT president should not think of going to US in his best interest any time soon, cos a biger shame awaits him
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2009
,mama-gee:

Yarasick is really killing and embarassing Nigeria.

Is it Yar'Adua that is killing and Embarrassing Nigeria or the Nigerians?
We are the one that have allowed that sick dude to keep ruling despite the fact that we know he has nothing to offer.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Fhemmmy: 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2009
Neptunz:

America stands for an ideology which nigeria should nt succumb to, No matter how bad of a leadership we may have,we remain a sovereign nation, No ass-kissing to obama or ilari~Lfmao

You surely makes no sense.
They stand for an ideology and no matter how messed our leaders are, we should not yield?
Common, let us be real.
A 6th leading exporter of Oil with 49 years of age and so much billions of $$ at their disposal, has no light, 1% of the polulation still live under 1$ a day and yet yu think it is an ideology for the americans to be worried about Nigeria?
I hear u oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike / Why Do Nigerians In Diaspora Refer To Nigeria As Africa? / Nasarawa Guber: 38 Women Who Protested Supreme Court Verdict Denied Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.