Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. (8511 Views)

Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Female Trekker From Enugu To Abuja Gets Warm Reception From NOA (photos) / Gov Rochas Okorocha Receives Heroes Reception (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by wirinet(m): 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2009
I think our greatest problem apart from corruption, is that of pride and over blown ego. I think we need to employ Japanese or Chinese people to school us on humility, even the Europeans are more humble than us.

Fact whether we like it or not, The US is still the "Numero Uno" nation on earth, militarily, financially and any other wise. So if countries like Japan, Germany and even Great Britain, readily acknowledge that and begs US for assistance every now and then why are we so pompous?.Even China is not claiming to be on the same level with the US.  I think the oil we have in the Niger Delta is giving us false pride.

As i said I am not a very great Fan of the US, but i would prefer to deal with the US than China, who do not care about anything other than their narrow parochial  interest. I even trust the US than Britain or France.

In this world you have to be humble, diplomatic, astute, and relevant to succeed, either as an individual or a country. That is why the Israelis are always on the side of every world power the world had ever produced, they humble themself.

Our politicians, footballers, professionals, religious leaders, everybody needs to be humble.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Gbawe: 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2009
wirinet:

I think our greatest problem apart from corruption, is that of pride and over blown ego. I think we need to employ Japanese or Chinese people to school us on humility, even the Europeans are more humble than us.

Fact whether we like it or not, The US is still the "Numero Uno" nation on earth, militarily, financially and any other wise. So if countries like Japan, Germany and even Great Britain, readily acknowledge that and begs US for assistance every now and then why are we so pompous?.Even China is not claiming to be on the same level with the US.  I think the oil we have in the Niger Delta is giving us false pride.

As i said I am not a very great Fan of the US, but i would prefer to deal with the US than China, who do not care about anything other than their narrow parochial  interest. I even trust the US than Britain or France.

[b]In this world you have to be humble, diplomatic, astute, and relevant to succeed, either as an individual or a country. [/b]That is why the Israelis are always on the side of every world power the world had ever produced, they humble themself.

Our politicians, footballers, professionals, religious leaders, everybody needs to be humble.

Great post.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by nethacker(m): 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2009
wirinet:

Fact whether we like it or not, The US is still the "Numero Uno" nation on earth, militarily, financially and any other wise. So if countries like Japan, Germany and even Great Britain, readily acknowledge that and begs US for assistance every now and then why are we so pompous?.Even China is not claiming to be on the same level with the US. I think the oil we have in the Niger Delta is giving us false pride.

As i said I am not a very great Fan of the US, but i would prefer to deal with the US than China, who do not care about anything other than their narrow parochial interest. I even trust the US than Britain or France.

In this world you have to be humble, diplomatic, astute, and relevant to succeed, either as an individual or a country. That is why the Israelis are always on the side of every world power the world had ever produced, they humble themself.

One attribute of a future and promising leader u've shown.na politican science u dey study?
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by ThinkRait: 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2009
wirinet:

Fact whether we like it or not, The US is still the "Numero Uno" nation on earth, militarily, financially and any other wise. So if countries like Japan, Germany and even Great Britain, readily acknowledge that and begs US for assistance every now and then why are we so pompous?.Even China is not claiming to be on the same level with the US. I think the oil we have in the Niger Delta is giving us false pride.

As i said I am not a very great Fan of the US, but i would prefer to deal with the US than China, who do not care about anything other than their narrow parochial interest. I even trust the US than Britain or France.

Nigeria: Good people, great nation.
Nigerians: Good professors, bad students.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by nethacker(m): 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2009
ThinkRait:

Nigerians: Good professors(saddists) ,bad students
couldnt have said better grin
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Fhemmmy: 4:09pm On Aug 13, 2009
ThinkRait:

Nigerians: Good professors, bad students.

Lol tongue
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2009
wirinet:

[size=14pt]I think our greatest problem apart from corruption, is that of pride and over blown ego. I think we need to employ Japanese or Chinese people to school us on humility, even the Europeans are more humble than us. [/size]

[size=14pt]Our politicians, footballers, professionals, religious leaders, everybody needs to be humble. [/size]

No mind our people !!!
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by yuppydon(m): 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2009
We don't actually need to make HC look like a savior, our President and Ministers should be busy enof not to have the time to usher a mere secretary of states. When our ministers from Nigeria visit America on Official duty, do you see Obama or Bush at the airport to give a warm reception? They are not gods.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Fhemmmy: 4:47pm On Aug 13, 2009
yuppydon:

We don't actually need to make HC look like a savior, our President and Ministers should be busy enof not to have the time to usher a mere secretary of states. When our ministers from Nigeria visit America on Official duty, do you see Obama or Bush at the airport to give a warm reception? They are not gods.

They are not gods granted, however, if HC hasnt opened their yansh of corruption, wont they all would have lined the street of abuja singing his praises, so why is the truth so bitter for them to swallow?
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by yuppydon(m): 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2009
They are not gods granted, however, if HC hasnt opened their yansh of corruption, wont they all would have lined the street of abuja singing his praises, so why is the truth so bitter for them to swallow?

the truth is bitter lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by tayo4lif: 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2009

the truth is bitter
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by djayxpro: 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2009
[color=#000099][/color] fellow nairalanders, i was watching the news also. as i saw Nigerians sitting in that hall, i wondered how they felt seeing a foreigner point out our disabilities. straightly telling us our problems result from bad leadership. newspapers carry this same 'turn over a new leaf plea' but it all falls on deaf ears. what is the way forward aside being EMBARASSED?[b][/b] cry angry
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by ocelot2006(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2009
wirinet:

Fact whether we like it or not, The US is still the "Numero Uno" nation on earth, militarily, financially and any other wise. So if countries like Japan, Germany and even Great Britain, readily acknowledge that and begs US for assistance every now and then why are we so pompous?.Even China is not claiming to be on the same level with the US.  I think the oil we have in the Niger Delta is giving us false pride.[color=#990000][/color]

As i said I am not a very great Fan of the US, but i would prefer to deal with the US than China, who do not care about anything other than their narrow parochial  interest. I even trust the US than Britain or France.

I suggest you take another look at the international geopolitical and global economic trends in the past years. Believe it or not, there is no "NUMERO UNO" in the current world that we live in. Granted, the US is still the undisputed military power in the world with a current of over $400 billion. But ask yourself, where does the money come from? For that answer, you have to look at the far east at the Peoples Republic of China. The US is basically on a credit card, with the loans provided by the PRC, thus resulting in a budget deficit that contnues to grow and grow. All the Chinese have to do is stop buying dollar bonds and dump the dollar, then the US will be f$@ked. And in what way has their military strength helped them? The current battle theatres in both Iraq and Afghanisatn has shown that overwhelming military strength hasn't helped the US. Right now, the US is fully stretched to its brink, and everyone knows it. There are even calls within the country to close down their bases in Germany so as to provide more manpower as the men & women currently serving are fully worn out serving multple tours.  And did I mention that these operations cost billions of dollars (money thats's borrowed from the Chinese)?

Now let's look at other major players in the international geopolitical arena. In the far east you have the dragon and the newest economic power rising (China). Then you have to look at the caucus to see that the Bear and member of the BRIC nations (Russia) is fully awake. Oh, did I mention that the Russian Federation is currently the undisputed Energy power (oil and gas) in the world? You only have to visit Western and Eastern Europe to see how effective the Russians have been able to wield their influence. Then let's look at countries seen to be traditional allies of the US. In the UK, the initial support Gordon Brown had at the start of his tenure as the PM of the UK was based on the fact that he was going to chase a foreign policy independent of US. Then you have France that has always kicked against US influence in its policies from the initial tenure of Charles de Gaulle to the current tenure of Sakozy. Why do you think that the US never had any military base in France? And then there's France and Germany overtly opposing the war in Iraq. And you have the same major European powers pushing for a reduction of US influence in Europe.

Let's also look at the US's won backyard, i.e. South America. If you've been following the trend there, you will see that there's been a major shift in govt. from the right-wing to the left-wing, with govt. friendly to the US voted out the citizens of their respective countries. To make matters worse, the US military was kicked out of Ecuador (Manas airbase) and the major oil producer (Venezuela) is solely in the hands of the Chinese.

Finally, focussing on the US, do you know that right now the richest state in the US (Carlifornia) is almost going bankrupt? And that's on top a growing national budget deficit and a healthcare crisis that's costing the nation billions of dollars, leading to the loss of more jobs as businesses move their operations to, that's right, the EAST (China, India).

Face it, we no longer live in a UNIPOLAR world with the US calling the shots, but a MULTIPOLAR world with the US power & influence waning continuosly. The days of the US being the NUMERO UNO is long gone, and you want us to still bow to them.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by ocelot2006(m): 7:56pm On Aug 13, 2009
Maybe the US should focus on their own financial problems and health care crisis they face back home before coming over here to lecture us in Nigeria. Fine, we have A LOT of problems in Nigeria from leaders that are thieves to decayed infrastrures. But what most people fail to recognise is that we've at least made to advances. For example, on the case of corruption, we've always been rank among the top 5 most corrupt countries. But I dare ANYONE to look at the current Transparency International Corruption Perception Index for 2009 and you will see that we don't even make the top 25 for the most corrupt countries in the world.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by jimuchy: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2009
Anything wey anybody like make dem talk na dem get their mouth (freedom of expression) the will always be the truth u cannot color it "the woman spoke the truth"
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by beeswax: 9:32pm On Aug 13, 2009
cry
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by ocelot2006(m): 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2009
yuppydon:

THANK YOU, MY BROTHER!! Tell them about that. I'll give you an example. Whenever your president travels to the USA for an official visit, he arrives at Andrews Airforce base. Apart from the Nigerian diplomatic corps that comes in to greet him along with Nigerians that reside the US, the US state department sends either protocol officers or an Assistant Secretary of State (if lucky). The president of the US (POTUS) or the Secretary of State will never be there to recieve him. Even at the very doors of the Whitehouse the same thing occurs (`though it may be different at the State Department/Foggy Bottom). So please, everyone should stop whining.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by nex(m): 11:46pm On Aug 13, 2009
Thank God for the arrival of people who understand diplomacy if not, this thread would have been spray painted with ignorance and might have even ended up with everyone typing the star spangled banner in pride and joy.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by adebanjou: 12:58am On Aug 14, 2009
ocelot2006 (m),

what wrong with you. how can you compare nigeria with the USA.

New york budget is $134 billion 6 times nigeria budget.

California budget is $95 billion that is nearly 5 time Nigeria budget.

http://www.budget.state.ny.us/budgetFP/q1_update/2009-10JulyUpdate.pdf

http://www.ebudget.ca.gov/pdf/BudgetSummary/SummaryCharts.pdf

with the way you people are, this is why yorubas people want to join benin republic.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by 3spade3(m): 1:00am On Aug 14, 2009
Yall niggas are so rude.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by whobemumu(m): 1:26am On Aug 14, 2009
u say na joint venture na im nigaz be , really ?

big name , small dog .
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by ocelot2006(m): 1:44am On Aug 14, 2009
adebanjou:

ocelot2006 (m),

with the way you people are, this is why yorubas people want to join benin republic.

I strongly suggest that you read my post again. When did I compare Nigeria with the US? I was simply responding to someone's post regarding the position of the US in the world today.

By the way, I'm not a Yoruba man, but an Annang man (Akwa-Ibom).
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by ocelot2006(m): 1:46am On Aug 14, 2009
whobemumu:

u say na joint venture na im nigaz be , really ?

big name , small dog .

Once again, the proposed NIGAZ is going to be a Joint Venture between the NNPC and Gazprom. If you doubt it, look it up. Besides, what's the big deal there?
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by ocelot2006(m): 1:52am On Aug 14, 2009
adebanjou:

ocelot2006 (m),

You think I don't know that already? Still, it does not change the fact that Carlifornia, the richest state in the US, is about to go bankrupt. Maybe they should keep their own house in order before coming to preach to us about ours.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by adebanjou: 2:04am On Aug 14, 2009
SO DO YOU WORK FOR OIL COMPANY.

ARE YOU IN AMERICA WHY WOULD YOU SAY CALIFORNIA
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by ocelot2006(m): 2:41am On Aug 14, 2009
adebanjou:

SO DO YOU WORK FOR OIL COMPANY.

ARE YOU IN AMERICA WHY WOULD YOU SAY CALIFORNIA

I never knew I had to work in an oil coy before I knew about issues regarding MY COUNTRY. Maybe you should pay more attention to the news. And I believe you know what's called the internet. Use it.

Regarding California, maybe you should see this:

FINANCIAL TIMES

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8cabc57a-7721-11de-b23c-00144feabdc0.html?nclick_check=1

California faces legal action by cities over cuts
By Matthew Garrahan in Los Angeles

Published: July 23 2009 03:00 | Last updated: July 23 2009 03:00

Cities and counties across California are preparing to sue the US state to stop their funds being used to close a $26.3bn deficit, saying the move will weaken essential public services and deepen the impact of the recession.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, the governor of California, reached agreement with the state government this week on a new budget deal that cuts $15bn (€10.5bn, £9.1bn) in spending from public programmes such as healthcare and education. The deal includes a measure that diverts to state coffers $4.7bn of funds earmarked for cities and counties.

This has prompted an angry response from local governments struggling to address their own deficits. In Los Angeles, California's most populous county with more than 10m residents, state officials plan to divert road taxes and funds -earmarked for city redevelopment.

"For the state to balance its budget on the backs of the state residents most in need of help . . . is fiscally reckless and morally bankrupt," said the Los Angeles county board of supervisors in a statement. "Taking advantage of counties that serve the elderly, ill, mentally ill, disabled and the impoverished is wrong on its face, and it is illegal."

Elsewhere the California branch of the Service Employees International Union, which represents more than 95,000 state workers, has asked members to authorise "concerted job actions . . . up to, and including, a strike".

The union represents a range of public employees, including clerical workers, auditors, information technology professionals, teachers, librarians and nurses.

"The ballot is a reaction to what Schwarzenegger has been doing to us for the past year," said Jim Zamora, a union official.

Members of the union have in the past few months absorbed two days per month of unpaid leave: the new budget deal will see them take a third day off, equivalent to a near 15 per cent pay cut. Mr Zamora said the third day was a "a tipping point".

The provisional budget deal includes new rights for drilling off Santa Barbara, angering residents and environmentalists. But the state is desperate for revenue and Mr Schwarzenegger is keen to avoid tax increases. There have been protests over a decision to raise California State University student fees by 20 per cent, only months after trustees had approved a 10 per cent increase.

TIMES ONLINE:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article1147044.ece

THE ECONOMISTS:
http://www.economist.com/world/unitedstates/displaystory.cfm?story_id=13998608

CNN:
http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/02/pf/retirement/vallejo.moneymag/index.htm

`still not satisfied? How about a video?

CNN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju5dbYskWw0

Now let's check other videos.

BLOOMBERG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz2n3o8zToQ

CNN (Again):
http://www.youtube.com/user/CNN#play/search/1/-shklWwEGHE
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by jimuchy: 8:08am On Aug 14, 2009
Kai, I really don't understand some of the people on nairaland we dey talk of "truth, things that matter and how our leaders have messed up and therefore need to be told the truth" some people say make we no mind Clinton, California is in debt na wah, if the USA no better go airport go c how many pple they take off go there abi na UK u want talk Nigers boku for there wellu wellu.

My brothers make una leave story our leaders deserve to be told the truth especially the spoilt brats in PDP abi u too no sabi say we be the 5th largest producer of crude oil and we still import fuel. Is it because someone decided to remind us I no blame them so many bad things have become a way of life around here and we don't see them as bad anymore. But what is bad will always be bad.

Think twice. For those of my brothers who have never been outside this country especially to Europe and America make una try make the journey then u go no say na second colonisation we dey. Good places and they don't make as much petro-dollars as we make and we have nothing to show.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by nex(m): 8:58am On Aug 14, 2009
@ocelot2006

you have tried. Do you want to kill yourself for the sake of these ignoramuses?

It is their ignorance that leads them to the middle of the desert in Libya.

Leave them let them continue to wallow in ignorance. One thing I know is that even on Nairaland here, ignorance is being replaced by knowledge albeit quite slowly.

Imagine a place where someone like Becomerich exists. There's nothing I can't tolerate anymore.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by finishim(f): 9:42am On Aug 14, 2009
I'm proud of the Nigerian Government. wink
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Cotton(m): 9:54am On Aug 14, 2009
For those of my brothers who have never been outside this country especially to Europe and America make una try make the journey then u go no say na second colonisation we dey. Good places and they don't make as much petro-dollars as we make and we have nothing to show.

Word. cry
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by faoni572(m): 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2009
@ocelot2006, I have been reading this thread from the beginning and I can say that you have really tried. Only Visa applicant or Green Card applicant will not understand what is on ground.

If you are coming to my house to tell me the truth that does not mean you will not obey protocol no matter who you are. Even if HC combine with Obama want to visit Somalia they have to respect their law, if they have any, to avoid insults to them.

She deserves what she got from the Fedaral Government
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by tiptess(f): 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2009
faoni572:

@ocelot2006, I have been reading this thread from the beginning and I can say that you have really tried. Only Visa applicant or Green Card applicant will not understand what is on ground.

If you are coming to my house to tell me the truth that does not mean you will not obey protocol no matter who you are. Even if HC combine with Obama want to visit Somalia they have to respect their law, if they have any, to avoid insults to them.

She deserves what she got from the Fedaral Government

well said my brother. i believe there is nothing more to discuss. case closed pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alaba Ajibola Is Dating An Igbo Girl (screenshot) / Nnamani Urges Electorates To Vote For Ugwuanyi,others / Court Rule On El-Zakzaky’s Application For Medical Treatment, August 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.