Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. (8515 Views)

Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Female Trekker From Enugu To Abuja Gets Warm Reception From NOA (photos) / Gov Rochas Okorocha Receives Heroes Reception (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by oge4real(f): 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2009
I do not really understand why our govt behaved in such a crude and immature manner, but I know that it diplomacy does not hurt anybody. As they say, salutation is not love, she would have been properly welcomed by the government then maybe denied audience with the president (with a very genuine reason).
However, her visit is not worth critisizing our government over. She is a crook in her own right.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Fhemmmy: 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2009
oge4real:

I do not really understand why our govt behaved in such a crude and immature manner, but I know that it diplomacy does not hurt anybody. As they say, salutation is not love, she would have been properly welcomed by the government then maybe denied audience with the president (with a very genuine reason).
However, her visit is not worth critisizing our government over. She is a crook in her own right.

Now matter what she is, our govt and leadership has been told the truth, they dont have to like it, but we all know it is the truth.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by nex(m): 4:52pm On Aug 14, 2009
^^ Visa applicants. Embassy Bayers. Green Card prayer warriors.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by ocelot2006(m): 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2009
LOL!! Funny enough, HC was the very same person that lied about her visit to Kosovo when she claimed that she arrived under a hail of gunfire. Now the very same liar has come to preach to us. Hmmm, talk of pot calling kettle black. And I wonder when she's going to take the same preaching to Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, UAE, etc. You know, those same non-democratic govt that the US continues to prop.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by fayahsoul: 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2009

hmmmm. . .Yara is not all that dumb after all. Good one
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Fhemmmy: 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2009
ocelot2006:

LOL!! Funny enough, HC was the very same person that lied about her visit to Kosovo when she claimed that she arrived under a hail of gunfire. Now the very same liar has come to preach to us. Hmmm, talk of pot calling kettle black. And I wonder when she's going to take the same preaching to Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, UAE, etc. You know, those same non-democratic govt that the US continues to prop. 

Yes, she lied, yes, she fumbled, however, does that excuses her from being able to tell the truth when she see a lie, is that a reason why she shd nto be able to tell that our lack of good leadership has made a nation with all she needs at the bottom of the ladder?
Let us be real and stop all these nonsense of hatred of facts and truth, we all Nigerians and we know that our leaders has messed up Nigeria.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by ocelot2006(m): 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Yes, she lied, yes, she fumbled, however, does that excuses her from being able to tell the truth when she see a lie, is that a reason why she shd nto be able to tell that our lack of good leadership has made a nation with all she needs at the bottom of the ladder?
Let us be real and stop all these nonsense of hatred of facts and truth, we all Nigerians and we know that our leaders has messed up Nigeria.

She fumbled, riiiiight, Anyway, it's no news that we have a long way to go in terms of anti-corruption and good governance. The govt. has known that for a VERY LONG time as its been drummed by Nigerians and the media. But no one in his/her right mind will tolerate the breach of diplomatic protocol by the HC. Nigeria is not one of the states in the US were she can just breeze in and throw protocols into the wind. The funny thing about those that posters here claim to be sycophants (the ones that got messed up by the US embassy) were actually members of the Nigerian diplomatic corps (the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and top religious leaders of the groups affected by the resent attacks in the northern region of the country. If we really wanted to be harsh, we would have told her to keep walking i.e. bypass Nigeria and head straight to Liberia, and the US will not do JACK. She is not the first top US govt official to be here, and she will definitely not be the last. So please, enough of the complaints
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by lucillia90: 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2009
lol,

Courtsey demands diplomacy

Shikenah!!!
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by vikiviko(m): 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2009
Yar adua has scored a delicate diplomatic goal, lets see Obama's reaction
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Beaf: 12:29am On Aug 15, 2009
vikiviko:

Yar adua has scored a delicate diplomatic goal, lets see Obama's reaction

Which goal be dat na?

US has made it quite obvious which countries they want to concentrate on in Africa. Nigeria is the biggest one.
All these guys thinking we can face the US wrath, better think again. We ain't Venezuella!

Obama is black like us and is tired of the rubbish coming out of Africa. We are going to witness the might of the US if anyone thinks there's a counter to Obama sending Hilary to do what she did. All the financial institutions of the world will sit up when America taps them up. All major world instituitions are headquartered in the US.
Someone said we should shift our trade to China instead. Not very wise. . . Nigeria has the best crude and the US fights wars for its energy security.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by ocelot2006(m): 12:56am On Aug 15, 2009
Beaf:

Which goal be dat na?

US has made it quite obvious which countries they want to concentrate on in Africa. Nigeria is the biggest one.
All these guys thinking we can face the US wrath, better think again. We ain't Venezuella!

Obama is black like us and is tired of the rubbish coming out of Africa. We are going to witness the might of the US if anyone thinks there's a counter to Obama sending Hilary to do what she did. All the financial institutions of the world will sit up when America taps them up. All major world instituitions are headquartered in the US.
Someone said we should shift our trade to China instead. Not very wise. . . Nigeria has the best crude and the US fights wars for its energy security.

Beaf, we've done far worse to the US and I'm yet to see any repercusions for them. You doubt that? I'll start with Angola in the 70s/80s were our actions (the overt support for the MPLA) lead to both the US and South Africa withdrawing their support for UNITA. And how about us outrightly rejecting their military aid in the 80s as we told them that it was an insult to us. Recently, we've kicked against the US pressure for us to abandon OPEC. We outrightly kicked against the invasion of Iraq. And we were instrumental in ensuring that the new US African Command (AFRICOM) never got any basing rights in West Africa. Most of these occured during the tenure of the Neo-con Rebublicans, and the responds/repercussions? NOTHING/ZILCH/NADA. The US actually withdrew military aid briefly, and we said/did absolutely nothing (afterall, it was their money). The same US govt. came back to Nigeria with their own feets pledging more aid, and this was followed by the visit of George Bush (jnr) to Nigeria.

With regards to the US fighting another war, they should try it. That's if they fully want to wreck their economy. The current operations in Iraq and Afghanistan are draining the country bigtime financial-wise, with the conflict in Afghanistan escalating to a whole new scale. Just watch the news and you'll see that US/NATO-ISAF soldiers are killed on almost a daily basis now, even with the arrival of more US marines in the country. And you seem to have forgotten that the defeat dealt on them in Mogadishu (Somalia) still haunts them. That's why the US chose not to intervene in Rwanda, and that's the very same reason US marines stationed off the coast were not deployed in Monrovia (Liberia) till soldiers of the Nigeria Army were deployed to stop the fighting.

So yes, I think we'll be very fine.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Beaf: 4:33am On Aug 15, 2009
I just saw Hilary's interview. She was quite candid about 9ja's issues, she offered a sincere helping hand to us. Aside from good governance, one of the things she advised against was our tendency to use force. But, she hadn't even left for any length of time before Onovo asked for powers to shoot at polling stations. Why?
We need to change.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by nex(m): 5:19am On Aug 15, 2009
@ocelot2006

I can't believe this. I can believe there is anyone else that can come and tell Nairalanders the plain truth without fear or favour. But I must warn you that you have a very herculean task ahead of you. You ain't seen nothing yet.
Re: Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government. by Chetachuku(m): 11:57am On Aug 17, 2009
This resembles the story of a grasshopper that thought that it was putting out the fire but ended up killing itself in the fire. Immaturity in diplomatic issues I would say. This is definitely not one of the rules of the law that the government stands out to adopt!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Colonel Chris Ugokwe: 'i Have A Grudge With The Nigerian Army' / Shettima Ali Monguno Released By His Abductors / 1966: The Murder Of Brigadier Samuel Ademulegun And His Pregnant Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.