Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? (2943 Views)

A Facebook User Discovers His Ex-Girlfriend is HIV Positive After Breaking Up / Lady Agrees To Travel To Dubai To Have Anal Sex With HIV Positive Client(Pics) / Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Mbkite(m): 7:44am On May 06, 2016
Yesterday, a nairalander narrated his fears on running HIV screening. Thank God he later did the test and it turned out negative. Reading through the comments on the thread I observed a lot of us are so afraid of HIV and hence, the stigmatization.
All things being equal, can you marry someone who is HIV positive assuming you are negative?
Thanks.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by emmykingkong: 7:45am On May 06, 2016
no mmm
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Nobody: 7:49am On May 06, 2016
Yeah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by ireneony(f): 7:50am On May 06, 2016
NO
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by donbenedict(m): 7:50am On May 06, 2016
My sex with her would be restricted because we would only engage in protected sex. And all dem wild things i'd wana do to her will not happen again. Too bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Nobody: 7:52am On May 06, 2016
NO
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Nobody: 7:52am On May 06, 2016
No I can't...I will not risk my life personally & the life of my future children knowing that my partner is HIV positive...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by donbenedict(m): 7:56am On May 06, 2016
KashyBaby:
No I can't...I will not risk my life personally & the life of my future children knowing that my partner is HIV positive...
u guys should stop all this nonsense. Be informed pls. U can have kids without dem being hiv positive

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Nobody: 8:01am On May 06, 2016
donbenedict:
u guys should stop all this nonsense. Be informed pls. U can have kids without dem being hiv positive

I'm so informed abt this...it is more nonsense if u keep insisting urself that's it's OK to risk ur life to marry a HIV positive ,so if u want u go on its up to u but not me ...

HIV is not a joke ,it's a serious thing..no amount of money can cure this virus.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by sinaj(f): 8:03am On May 06, 2016
No sir

This is no movie scene or Shuga sad

I won't, I can't sad

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by sinaj(f): 8:06am On May 06, 2016
donbenedict:
this is not abt being informed sad

Sheet happens undecided

Btw who will take care of them wen aids catch up wid u
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by nrexzy: 8:06am On May 06, 2016
Can u marry a dying Man WTF kinda Post is this?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by donbenedict(m): 8:09am On May 06, 2016
sinaj:
this is not abt being informed sad

Sheet happens undecided

Btw who will take care of them wen aids catch up wid u
sweetie thr r a lot of couples out thr livin with hiv/aids and are healthy.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Mbkite(m): 8:27am On May 06, 2016
donbenedict:
My sex with her would be restricted because we would only engage in protected sex. And all dem wild things i'd wana do to her will not happen again. Too bad.
chai!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Mbkite(m): 8:28am On May 06, 2016
nrexzy:
Can u marry a dying Man WTF kinda Post is this?
so HIV is a death sentence?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Mbkite(m): 8:30am On May 06, 2016
Lalasticlala can you?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by nrexzy: 8:32am On May 06, 2016
Mbkite:

so HIV is a death sentence?
Yep just Like cancer
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by donholy28(m): 8:34am On May 06, 2016
Even d HIV victim won't want u to marry him/her
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by nepapole(m): 8:47am On May 06, 2016
And who says the HIV negative people will always live longer than the positive ones. I fink the only thing to be worried about is missing out on raw sex.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Mbkite(m): 9:04am On May 06, 2016
nrexzy:
Yep just Like cancer
say NO to stigmatization.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Mbkite(m): 9:06am On May 06, 2016
nepapole:
And who says the HIV negative people will always live longer than the positive ones. I fink the only thing to be worried about is missing out on raw sex.
u're ryt bro

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by nrexzy: 9:45am On May 06, 2016
Mbkite:

say NO to stigmatization.
Prevention is better than Cure
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Lubixy(f): 11:26am On May 06, 2016
Mbkite stop forcing urself to type nd tell u d truth § we all kw wat hiv is nd dat prevention iz better dan cure
u dnt expect d broke ones to risk marryin d hiv+ cause money answerth majority even sum rich 1s cnt try it §hmmm nd as 4 me i cant nd wnt
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Mbkite(m): 11:56am On May 06, 2016
Lubixy:
Mbkite stop forcing urself to type nd tell u d truth § we all kw wat hiv is nd dat prevention iz better dan cure
u dnt expect d broke ones to risk marryin d hiv+ cause money answerth majority even sum rich 1s cnt try it §hmmm nd as 4 me i cant nd wnt
hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 06, 2016
If I know beforehand, no. If we both share the condition, yes. If one is negative and marries a positive person they[the positive one] can retaliate any given misdoing by halting medication in the hope of infecting you. Such is a risk so immense I don't know any normal person willing to take it.

Regarding yesterday's thread it was disheartening to see the opinions of people regarding HIV+ individuals. We, our pastors and government can preach against stigmatization but it'd remain a fact of life in this ever backward country.
The OP saw his result as a badge of honour and resorted to join the bashers, I shook my head at their ignorance. Well, good thing he's negative, he's still yet to find out the cause of his recurrent illnesses.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 06, 2016
Hell yes.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Mbkite(m): 4:50pm On May 06, 2016
charix:
If I know beforehand, no. If we both share the condition, yes. If one is negative and marries a positive person they[the positive one] can retaliate any given misdoing by halting medication in the hope of infecting you. Such is a risk so immense I don't know any normal person willing to take it.

Regarding yesterday's thread it was disheartening to see the opinions of people regarding HIV+ individuals. We, our pastors and government can preach against stigmatization but it'd remain a fact of life in this ever backward country.
The OP saw his result as a badge of honour and resorted to join the bashers, I shook my head at their ignorance. Well, good thing he's negative, he's still yet to find out the cause of his recurrent illnesses.
great!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by ZeeAfrica(f): 5:05pm On May 06, 2016
My friend wit aids is still my friend, just becoz his got hiv, it does nt mean its de end. So many hiv positive ppl have lived even longer dan de so called healthy ones. I wud marry him. We wud use condoms. Hiv wud nt stop much coz i can give him mouth action wit a condom too, and he can give me mouth action regardless, n if m de positive one, mouth action is de only thing we wud miss out on. There r ways for concieving, either we do artificial insemination or we plan our days well. So dat we knw wen m most fertile, we do it witout protection, den i take de 30 day hiv prevention treatment afterwards. Which is even a small price to pay. De baby wil dfntly b negative becoz of de latest developments in medicine and my kissing my man wud also not b a problem, coz i have learnt dat for u to b infected thru kissing, u wud basically have to treat a bucket ful of dat person's salievour. Yes we wud need to b careful a little, like one wud need to use gloves in order to deal wit the other's wounds in an emergency, and life wud still continue. Hiv is not a death sentence and there is nothing to fear. As long as u take care of your self all is well.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 06, 2016
KashyBaby:

Well said.
It is just too risky!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Mbkite(m): 5:12pm On May 06, 2016
ZeeAfrica:
My friend wit aids is still my friend, just becoz his got hiv, it does nt mean its de end. So many hiv positive ppl have lived even longer dan de so called healthy ones. I wud marry him. We wud use condoms. Hiv wud nt stop much coz i can give him mouth action wit a condom too, and he can give me mouth action regardless, n if m de positive one, mouth action is de only thing we wud miss out on. There r ways for concieving, either we do artificial insemination or we plan our days well. So dat we knw wen m most fertile, we do it witout protection, den i take de 30 day hiv prevention treatment afterwards. Which is even a small price to pay. De baby wil dfntly b negative becoz of de latest developments in medicine and my kissing my man wud also not b a problem, coz i have learnt dat for u to b infected thru kissing, u wud basically have to treat a bucket ful of dat person's salievour. Yes we wud need to b careful a little, like one wud need to use gloves in order to deal wit the other's wounds in an emergency, and life wud still continue. Hiv is not a death sentence and there is nothing to fear. As long as u take care of your self all is well.
people come and see ooo

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by ZeeAfrica(f): 5:20pm On May 06, 2016
Mbkite:
people come and see ooo
see wat?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Is HIV Positive? by Mbkite(m): 5:24pm On May 06, 2016
ZeeAfrica:

see wat?
A lady with a difference. A lady who has said no to stigmatization.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boyfriend Got Angry Because I Jokingly Texted Him He Forgot His Head In My VJ" / A Not Too Close Friend Told Me My New Girlfriend Recently Did An Abortion. / She Opened Her Pants For Chrisbrown To Come Back Asking For More-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.