Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9180550 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4258) (4259) (4260) (4261) (4262) (4263) (4264) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonX001: 11:00am On Jan 11, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Have you considered a soundbar?......

What are the pros and cons of a sound bar compared to a home theatre?
Why would a sound bar be preferred?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonX001: 11:00am On Jan 11, 2019
Gptech:

Bros na only our local champions u concentrate on? grin, well if na that, i agree with you any day to pick Sony over those two in terms of sound. Indeed instead of home theater, go rather pick a good sound bar with all the connectivity.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 11:05am On Jan 11, 2019
genius43:

In Redmi Note 5 the battery percentage is inside the battery icon.

Yeah same here... I don't like it there .. I prefer it after I drag down d notification panel..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 11:13am On Jan 11, 2019
fibonacci2526:

OnePlus 6 (8/128) for $425 is a proper bargain right now. Really really considering pulling the trigger.

Mind blowing offer shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AllGadgetsNG: 11:15am On Jan 11, 2019
AllGadgetsNG:
Xiaomi Cases for Note 5 / Note 5 Pro, Note 4x, Mi Max 3, Mi Max 2, Note 5a Prime...

ORIGINAL CLASS 10 Memory Cards:

64GB: 6500
128GB: 10000

DELIVERY AVAILABLE NATIONWIDE VIA POST OFFICE (NOT MORE THAN #900)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrcalxy(m): 11:16am On Jan 11, 2019
alosbaba007:
My order dat was despatched on 25th of dec landed today.

Congrats!!

Despatched Dec 15th, any one with update??

Them no wan reason our matter since
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AlvaroMorata(m): 11:17am On Jan 11, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lovelani(m): 11:23am On Jan 11, 2019
EBUBS:
IF I HAD GOTTEN Rn6 Pro,, I FOR DEH CRY BY NOW grin grin

Bro there is no regret whatsoever buying RN6Pro. All those gimmicks is/are market strategies and if one is not careful you keep changing device every three months.... In less than 3-4months time there's all possibility of more devices to be released from Xiaomi, Huawei , Samsung.
By then you guys will still cry had I known! embarassed embarassed.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jackossky(m): 11:23am On Jan 11, 2019
Mrviktor:

Yeah same here... I don't like it there .. I prefer it after I drag down d notification panel..

Iyam not pulling any trigger cheesy cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 11:24am On Jan 11, 2019
macbeyland:

At the end of the day, you will realize that the venture of changing phones per new model release is nothing more than a waste of precious resources.

It's a race you CANNOT win. Buy what meets your needs and rest until it goes bad or stolen.

Most times, we buy phones for nothing more than a show of affluence.

People wen dey use note 4x still dey use gcam, still dey browse internet, still dey nairaland, just as people wen don dey use Redmi note 8.

This your message should be tailored to those who can't afford to buy a new model but are 'striving' to.

If you have more than enough money for an upgrade, why not?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 11:38am On Jan 11, 2019
genius43:

But the battery percentage is inside the battery Icon at least on Redmi Note 5

Yeah I have that here too, but the one beside the battery indicator (graphics option) when you drag down the notification panel is what I miss so much

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunkyphil(m): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2019
Mrviktor:

Does Geopoll still work
e dey work ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2019
busuyi44:
Hopefully I will be in Ibadan this Friday along Sango UI road. D Glo 4G must appear on Mi 8.
Let's see if d 3G or H will turn to 4G on Friday. I v also downloaded LTE discovery app, so be ready to get full gist
Update:
I did get 4G 4G on Mi8 today. UI/Sango Samonda axis Ibadan
D new Glo 4G LTE band is real in Ibadan but unstable so far near UI axis.
#Mi 8

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonX001: 11:41am On Jan 11, 2019
Guys pls, where can I buy original Xiaomi phones physically in Lagos?
I really can't wait for the duration of ordering online, as my main phone is really misbehaving, and I need to change it today.
I've checked SLOT, MicroStation and 3CHub in Computer Village like 3 days ago, and they all don't have it.
And I couldn't buy from any random shop in Computer Village cos I don't trust those guys one bit.
Where can I buy one physically TODAY?

Also, which Xiaomi phone would you advise I buy?
My most important needs are super-fast speed, LOOONG battery life (I can't be charging phones everyday because of my work), and top notch reliability (don't need any issues with the phone hanging on apps or other funny behaviours).

My budget is around 100k, can be flexible and go slightly above if really necessary, but the cheaper the better, as long as its top notch quality.

Abeg answers needed ASAP.

CC: Genius43, Macbeyland, GrandMufti, and any other person that can help out.
Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:42am On Jan 11, 2019
Maxcoded:

Yeah I have that here too, but the one beside the battery indicator (graphics option) when you drag down the notification panel is what I miss so much

I know what you mean. But the earlier post was leaning to the fact that the battery percentage was removed entirely
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2019
AllGadgetsNG:

Ads are no longer allowed here, use the other thread please. Thank You
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:45am On Jan 11, 2019
DonX001:
I really can't wait for the duration of ordering online, as my main phone is really misbehaving, and I need to change it today.
I've checked SLOT, MicroStation and 3CHub in Computer Village like 3 days ago, and they all don't have it.
And I couldn't buy from any random shop in Computer Village cos I don't trust those guys one bit.

My most important needs are super-fast speed, LOOONG battery life (I can't be charging phones everyday because of my work), and top notch reliability (don't need any issues with the phone hanging on apps or other funny behaviours).

My budget is around 100k, can be flexible and go slightly above if really necessary, but the cheaper the better, as long as its top notch quality.

Cc Macbeyland, Noobody, Protein0
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 11:45am On Jan 11, 2019
genius43:

I know what you mean. But the earlier post was leaning to the fact that the battery percentage was removed entirely

Entirely? Wao

That's not fair on their part
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonX001: 11:48am On Jan 11, 2019
genius43:

Cc Macbeyland, Noobody, Protein0
Thanks for helping with mentions. cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonX001: 11:52am On Jan 11, 2019
Mrviktor:

Battery Is better... But it charges a lil bit slower like 3 miutes lesser than what it usually was to add in %...

Also they removed battery percentage from the notification panel... Very foolish of them. So now u have to change your battery icon to the one that shows how many percent is remaining... Mthewww.

It has carry to wake up feature.. so u no need to press power button to make the screen come on.. this would make faceunlock- to be usefull...bks time u will use to press power button u Don use am touch d fingerprint scanner..

Also,. E smooth Sha...

How long does the battery last after a full charge, and any issues with the phone from your own experience?
I'm thinking of getting it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:56am On Jan 11, 2019
DonX001:

https://michaelkummer.com/other/soundbars-vs-home-theater-speakers/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 12:02pm On Jan 11, 2019
livewithpurpose:

The shipping says $24 which is ok. I just need to know I won't face outrageous custom duty?
even if you use dhl, you may still not get it this month. Processing period alone is up to 30 days (can be less). I will advice you use normal AES and then use the rest or part of that dhl money to settle customs IF you get charged.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2019
DonX001:

Thanks.

Good day Sir. I currently have Redmi note 5 Ai 64gb black which you can get in Lagos as early as tomorrow evening. The ones i had in lag were bought yesterday. It has to be waybilled from Port Harcourt.

I think Redmi note 5 fits your demands, and it's cheaper than 100k. Chat me up on 08062907289
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 12:06pm On Jan 11, 2019
IKON360:

if Protein0 had already described "the issue", why did you now join in describing an already described issue?

Sorry Sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2019
Maxcoded:

Entirely? Wao

That's not fair on their part

I meant Mrviktor's comment on the new update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonX001: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2019
macbeyland:

Good day Sir. I currently have Redmi note 5 Ai 64gb black which you can get in Lagos as early as tomorrow evening. The ones i had in lag were bought yesterday. It has to be waybilled from Port Harcourt.

I think Redmi note 5 fits your demands, and it's cheaper than 100k. Chat me up on 08062907289

Thanks for the reply.
Not sure I can wait till tomorrow evening, really need something I can pickup today.
But if I can't get today, then I may have no choice but to wait till tomorrow.
Meanwhile lemme quickly do some research on the model you mentioned, cos I'm not very familiar with the various Xiaomi models.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonX001: 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2019
genius43:

I meant Mrviktor's comment on the new update

Right kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2019
olujosh301:

So if you knew they would fix it why make a video with an absurd title The phone offers alot for the price and obviously alot of corners would be cut to achieve that
Soo I don't see the point of your video

What makes the Title absurd?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 12:40pm On Jan 11, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2019
DonX001:

Thanks.

Contacts on signature,

Cheers smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2019
Opistorincos:

bro, i need follow you talk some matter o, it's about video editing, i know the basics but I want to be as good as you, we fit yarn for whatsapp?

Thanks but my editing skills are very very basic. It doesn't get any more basic than cut and join.

I learnt from YouTube. Do same!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4258) (4259) (4260) (4261) (4262) (4263) (4264) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: monshow25(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.