Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9162557 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4260) (4261) (4262) (4263) (4264) (4265) (4266) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2019
2kurupt:

Simply shows that most consumers are gullible especially those always waiting for the next big thing & changing their minds after every YouTube review
it's not about being gullible really.
That's human nature when it comes to wants and that's exactly what products manufacturers play around.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2019
Yohh:

The price was btw about 140 to 160 dollars (₦54000 - ₦75000) shipping duty inclusive as at d time I was buying. Absolute price depends on added accessory and d phone colour u choose.
Rose gold colour plus standard bundle then was about ₦54000 shipping cost inclusive.
I didn't know much about Redmi 6plus at d time but I would still have gone for RN5 if I'd known.
Google both for comparison
I ordered from Gold way store.
The phone just landed yesterday so I don't know d custom fee yet if there will be any.
Thanks so much for your response, u make my day a good one
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2019
Bobbybube:
Hi guys. I've been using the redmi note 6 pro now and it has been awesome. There's been some aspects i'm yet to flow with and any help would be appreciated.
I expected my battery to last me a day but it barely does so even on moderate usage(i dont even game)
I'm also having problems with minimizing some apps. They tend to restart once i revisit them(eg UC browser) instead of remaining "paused".
I can't find any means to hide apps or pictures; plus i wonder if there's a faster way of splitting the screen?
And i want to uprage my camera via gcam. Is there anyone that can be of assistance?
Thanks in advance

Update your device to the current MIUI version for the battery drain issue.

You can also post screenshots of your power usage and your Screen on Time(SOT)

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 3:45pm On Jan 11, 2019
livewithpurpose:

The shipping says $24 which is ok. I just need to know I won't face outrageous custom duty?

Hope you checked that the processing time is about 30 days which is how long it may take before they ship your phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dasanchez1(m): 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2019
Youngsage:

hmmm... Can you give more details about the plans?
Oga SIM is any new Glo SIM a customers buys from any Glo Network Office, afterwhich when registered, you're automactically offered a promo bonus that gives you 125% data on any data subscription plan. This data offer is targeted at new customers who buy a new Glo SIM card.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 3:47pm On Jan 11, 2019
You all should deck your carpet jawe

What's d difference btw RN7 ND MI A2 specs Wise..
The biggest upgrade to me will be mi a3...

As for me wen I have enough money I'll invest in d poco or Mi series..

Redmi na money making Scam

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 3:51pm On Jan 11, 2019
Bobbybube:
Hi guys. I've been using the redmi note 6 pro now and it has been awesome. There's been some aspects i'm yet to flow with and any help would be appreciated.
I expected my battery to last me a day but it barely does so even on moderate usage(i dont even game)
I'm also having problems with minimizing some apps. They tend to restart once i revisit them(eg UC browser) instead of remaining "paused".
I can't find any means to hide apps or pictures; plus i wonder if there's a faster way of splitting the screen?
And i want to uprage my camera via gcam. Is there anyone that can be of assistance?
Thanks in advance

Broda use ur update app biko

I played pes 19 ND used YouTube 3g on constantly for 1 hour only 10% gone...
If u need a better ba3 go ND buy infinix hot note. ..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ProFuhrer: 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2019
Bobbybube:
Thanks in advance
Same issues. My major problem is the notch that hides notifications and battery drain.

I tried downloading Google Camera from Playstore but it's not for my device. @Mrviktor, please more details on the update. I am still on MIUI 9.6

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 3:53pm On Jan 11, 2019
So having gone thru the last few pages I observe that nobody has highlighted some notable changes made on the latest MIUI 10.2.1.0 update.

Those that hate to see your notification panels on your lock screen like me lei Jun has heard our cry grin (where's that guy running his mouth last month on this issue angry)

Animation while the phone is undergoing an update is now better with numbers and percentages of the work now showing

Most noticeable is this screenshot, more options in the multitask tab kiss

More discoveries to follow, who say MIUI no sweet? tongue

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonX001: 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2019
noobody:

Contacts on signature,

Cheers smiley
Thanks.
I had already made the necessary arrangements with Protein0.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2019
ProFuhrer:
Same issues. My major problem is the notch that hides notifications and battery drain.

I tried downloading Google Camera from Playstore but it's not for my device. @Mrviktor, please more details on the update. I am still on MIUI 9.6

Update your device to MiUI 10.2.1.0.

Besides several factors can affect battery backup. The biggest is poor network coverage.

Gcam is a different ball game, I suggest you use your device as it is.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2019
2kurupt:
So having gone thru the last few pages I observe that nobody has highlighted some notable changes made on the latest MIUI 10.2.1.0 update.

Those that hate to see your notification panels on your home screen like me lei Jun has heard our cry grin (where's that guy running his mouth last month on this issue angry)

Animation while the phone is undergoing an update is now better with numbers and percentages of the work now showing

Most noticeable is this screenshot, more options in the multitask tab kiss

More discoveries to follow, who say MIUI no sweet? tongue

I did point out some changes though the RN5 has a different arrangement

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2019
Protein0:
it's not about being gullible really.
That's human nature when it comes to wants and that's exactly what products manufacturers play around.
That nature is roughly what translates to the gullibility. Since a little paint job, a gimmick here & there and a fancy name etc now automatically makes people go into a shopping frenzy when the "new product" only offers a marginal feature when compared to the last edition.

Can't say I blame the manufacturers though, Consumerism is the order of the day, sales must be made.

But what do I know, like pompous iPhone users will say lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by addictiv(m): 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2019
guys I need 360 protective case for my max 2, any one available?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2019
flexerking:
buggy device undecided

More like buggy MiUI update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2019
maclawrence02:
Finally here! Heading for the post office.
Got to nipost trans amadi close to slaughter and I was told that my parcel is not with them that I should check federal secretariat. On getting there they searched everywhere but could not find it, we were still on it when I received a call that I have a parcel and they are at my house address, men I was surprised I begged him to drop it with my neighbor he declined that I have to pay 200 naira b4 he can drop it, I said is that all abeg neighbor give am 200 naira fast fast. In summary i paid two hundred naira only. By the way I ordered through protein0 cheap dollar $349.thanks man!

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2019
DonX001:

Thanks.
I had already made the necessary arrangements with Protein0.

Good,

We are one,

If you know,you know grin

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akocce(m): 4:32pm On Jan 11, 2019
How much is Xiaomi MI mix 3?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2019
Youngsage:

It's the beginning of the end for them. since they changed their data plans

Avengers gringringrin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 4:48pm On Jan 11, 2019
Youngearnny:
Jumia just delivered my Redmi Note 6 Pro under 13 days (pretty fast) nd now am like why can't i just wait for Note 7. Xiaomi don do me strong thing... grin grin grin
don't worry kernel sources were released for the phone earlier this week, you will soon have official custom roms and custom kernels etc for you to tweak the phone to your maximum satisfaction
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:53pm On Jan 11, 2019
Mrviktor:

Seriously? I hope this na just sarcasm shocked.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 4:56pm On Jan 11, 2019
noobody:

Good,

We are one,

If you know,you know grin

Cheers
you forgot to switch account?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:56pm On Jan 11, 2019
Gptech:

Seriously? I hope this na just sarcasm shocked.

lollll, Una just start.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2019
Protein0:
you forgot to switch account?

Bursted again cool grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2019
akocce:
How much is Xiaomi MI mix 3?

Contacts on signature,lets giv u a sweet deal,

Cheers wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:13pm On Jan 11, 2019
noobody:

Bursted again cool grin
where these theorists sef?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2019
Mrviktor:

Broda use ur update app biko

I played pes 19 ND used YouTube 3g on constantly for 1 hour only 10% gone...

Snapdragon has better battery optimization than MTK bro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 5:17pm On Jan 11, 2019
Mrviktor:

battery,design(subjective) and it seems the camera(specs) are similar to huawei v20 won't know about actual performance though until reviews come out or people start buying it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2019
Bobbybube:

You mean RAM management is bad? It is a known Redmi Note 6 Pro con.
My battery life is very good tho.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2019
We de here .....you are using Second Space on RN5 joooooor tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Happy Weekend guys! kiss

Protein0:
where these theorists sef?

noobody:

Bursted again cool grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:33pm On Jan 11, 2019
Mrviktor:

Bigger battery, hybrid dual SIM with support for SD card, "better design", headphone jack all for almost same price.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 5:34pm On Jan 11, 2019
tidedroid:
battery,design(subjective) and it seems the camera(specs) are similar to huawei v20 won't know about actual performance though until reviews come out or people start buying it

How can Honor View20 design be similar to anything else? shocked

Huawei be taking risks with the back designs, it's so trippy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (4260) (4261) (4262) (4263) (4264) (4265) (4266) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.