Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,454 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9173832 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4681) (4682) (4683) (4684) (4685) (4686) (4687) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 5:00am On Apr 16, 2019
Mfunkynation:

how do i clean up a phone before selling it. dont want what is happening to bros Ladiesreject do me... thanks

Go to phone settings - mi Account - sign out.

It's always advisable you do your factory reset Thru the settings option, rather than hard reset. At that point, u will be asked Ur mi login details, n if there is any issue, you can sharperly detect n do the recovery ish before doing the reset.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by darwinbrown(f): 5:13am On Apr 16, 2019
Fams what phone can I get at a 52k budget?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:01am On Apr 16, 2019
Mfunkynation:

how do i clean up a phone before selling it. dont want what is happening to bros Ladiesreject do me... thanks

1. Setting - Mi Account - Mi Cloud - uncheck find devices

2. Setting - Mi Account - Sign out

3. Login to Mi cloud https://i.mi.com/ with your current account & password. Select your connected device then delete device

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:04am On Apr 16, 2019
darwinbrown:
Fams what phone can I get at a 52k budget?
Redmi 7, a2 lite... smiley and a few others...
070three1080two87
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 6:10am On Apr 16, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 6:10am On Apr 16, 2019
chibuzor05:
Xiaomi phones will be coming to the Nigerian market officially from April 24th 2019. The wait is finally over, other brands like Infinix, Tecno, and iTel should get ready for the stiff competition. See more information about Xiaomi Phones in Nigeria and Prices and also how you can buy them online at cheap rates .

Pls don't follow this link... He's looking for traffic na nonsense full dere... No meaningful info

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:01am On Apr 16, 2019
Joeysage:
Good am house.. I have a budget of maximum 60k for a phone of at least 4gb ram preferably 6gb and 64gb ROM smiley..I'm currently considering lenovo k5 pro..I really don't fancy the redmi note 5 as it's aesthetics is not attractive..please guys advise needed, thanks. smiley

Oga you don make your choice na, don't think any advice is needed tbh .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chuksp09(m): 7:34am On Apr 16, 2019
chigoeze:
Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting MI a2 lite, is it a good choice based on camera display and battery life? I don't see much review from any user on this thread
Guyz please give your opinions... I am on this table...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 7:39am On Apr 16, 2019
Joeysage:
Good am house.. I have a budget of maximum 60k for a phone of at least 4gb ram preferably 6gb and 64gb ROM smiley..I'm currently considering lenovo k5 pro..I really don't fancy the redmi note 5 as it's aesthetics is not attractive..please guys advise needed, thanks. smiley
You mean you find Lenovo k5 pro more attractive than redmi note 5? Issokay o

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinbility: 7:48am On Apr 16, 2019
pls i need a working nipost tracking link
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 7:54am On Apr 16, 2019
Holuwaxheun:

Go to phone settings - mi Account - sign out.

It's always advisable you do your factory reset Thru the settings option, rather than hard reset. At that point, u will be asked Ur mi login details, n if there is any issue, you can sharperly detect n do the recovery ish before doing the reset.

Logging out of mi account and factory reset are 2 different operations. If one simply clicks on factory reset without logging out of mi account, the system will not mandate the person to. All one needs to do factory reset is the phone unlock code /pattern.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by demalo(m): 7:54am On Apr 16, 2019
Pros: Decent design, and battery life, also if you like Android one ( not a fan of miui)
Cons: slightly dated processor and GPU.
Not so good camera
chuksp09:

Guyz please give your opinions... I am on this table...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 8:06am On Apr 16, 2019
macbeyland:

Logging out of mi account and factory reset are 2 different operations. If one simply clicks on factory reset without logging out of mi account, the system will not mandate the person to. All one needs to do factory reset is the phone unlock code /pattern.

For me I am always asked for my Mi account password when I perform factory reset through Settings
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joeysage(m): 8:10am On Apr 16, 2019
mathefaro:
You mean you find Lenovo k5 pro more attractive than redmi note 5? Issokay o
Yes I do..it has more ram, better exterior appeal and like someone from this thread mentioned more stable gcam mod. But that's not the issue here. This is the first time I'm going to invest so much into a phone exceeding my first and only budget by as much as 40k. Redmi note 5 was my first love but this k5 pro is the contender, basically guys I want to feel like I made the right choice through the advice of phone enthusiasts in the house. Please keep the bias to a minimum as much as possible..thanks cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joeysage(m): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Oga you don make your choice na, don't think any advice is needed tbh .
No I haven't yet..I'm torn between 2 phones right now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 8:13am On Apr 16, 2019
Joeysage:
Yes I do..it has more ram, better exterior appeal and like someone from this thread mentioned more stable gcam mod. But that's not the issue here. This is the first time I'm going to invest so much into a phone exceeding my first and only budget by as much as 40k. Redmi note 5 was my first love but this k5 pro is the contender, basically guys I want to feel like I made the right choice through the advice of phone enthusiasts in the house. Please keep the bias to a minimum as much as possible..thanks cheesy
Well as for me, I'll pick the note 5 over k5pro any day, any time, the dev support for whyred is so massive that it's enough reason to trump any other competitor
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:14am On Apr 16, 2019
List of xiaomi phones that will receive android pie update latest quarter of the year

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by franzis(m): 8:22am On Apr 16, 2019
Its here

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 16, 2019
GrandMufti:

Are you connected to a WiFi?

YES SIR
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:33am On Apr 16, 2019
Joeysage:

The note 5 will outlast the Lenovo k5 pro in terms of support, I think you made your decision based on your budget. Well no one will coerce you into buying anything you don't want. Man you got to live with your decision, if you feel you made the right one go for it cos no one will make you feel good/bad about it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 8:33am On Apr 16, 2019
macbeyland:

You are getting me totally wrong. My answer was directed to the question the guy asked. Kindly check the qst the guy asked, with that u will see the relevance of my answer.

I am very much aware Factory reseting ur phone does not logout ur mi account.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:48am On Apr 16, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 8:52am On Apr 16, 2019
Joeysage:
go for RN5ai, its better and you will keep enjoying the phone till even 2021, even OnePlus 3/3t are still getting custom Rom support, RN5ai will get till even more than 2021. Lenovo is fine but we doubt how long you will get custom rom support much more official support. And sd636 on RN5ai is quite good for your gaming demands and daily processing too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 16, 2019
fibonacci2526:

The note 5 will outlast the Lenovo k5 pro in terms of support, I think you made your decision based on your budget. Well no one will coerce you into buying anything you don't want. Man you got to live with your decision, if you feel you made the right one go for it cos no one will make you feel good/bad about it.

k5 pro is way better 6/64 and better battery go for k5 pro but what's the price range ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:58am On Apr 16, 2019
Joeysage:

Support on the K5 pro is poor, we.have someone who bought the phone here and he didn't have much good to say about the phone from the software point of view.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chuksp09(m): 9:01am On Apr 16, 2019
demalo:
Pros: Decent design, and battery life, also if you like Android one ( not a fan of miui)
Cons: slightly dated processor and GPU.
Not so good camera
Alright bro.. Thanks.
I wanted the phone because of the small size... Do you have better suggestions on phones of that size with better specs?....
I am not a camera person btw... If it gets the job done, am good.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 9:02am On Apr 16, 2019
messymelly:

k5 pro is way better 6/64 and better battery go for k5 pro but what's the price range ?

At times, I laugh when I see coments like this. The obvious truth was being told to guide the person that asked about K5 pro & Note 5, but u are misleading the person.

For the record, there is also 6gb ram 64gb rom variant for NOte 5

Someone here bought the K5 Pro, and gave a thorough review; The phone doesnt have good software support (Miui is better that its UI), the phone camera is not as good as Note 5 (GCAM didnt even help the camera), there is no hope of the phone receiving Android P update, and doesnt have developers support like Note 5.

Lesson - Paper specs are not enough to make decisions, peoples reviews are also needed.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 16, 2019
chuksp09:

Alright bro.. Thanks.
I wanted the phone because of the small size... Do you have better suggestions on phones of that size with better specs?....
your budget ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 16, 2019
Holuwaxheun:

At times, I laugh when I see coments like this. The obvious truth was being told to guide the person that asked about K5 pro & Note 5. And for the record, there is also 6gb ram 64gb rom variant for NOte 5

Someone here bought the K5 Pro, and gave a thorough review; The phone doesnt have good software support (Miui is better that its UI), the phone camera is not as good as Note 5 (GCAM didnt even help the camera), there is no hope of the phone receiving Android P update, and doesnt have developers support like Note 5.

Lesson - Paper specs are not enough to make decisions, peoples reviews are also needed.

he didn't say note 5 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 9:06am On Apr 16, 2019
messymelly:

he didn't say note 5 pro

And what is the difference between Note 5 and Note 5 pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chuksp09(m): 9:06am On Apr 16, 2019
messymelly:

your budget ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 16, 2019
Holuwaxheun:

At times, I laugh when I see coments like this. The obvious truth was being told to guide the person that asked about K5 pro & Note 5, but u are misleading the person.

For the record, there is also 6gb ram 64gb rom variant for NOte 5

I'm not sure if o can use any phone that's not Xiaomi ,Google pixel and hauwei

(1) (2) (3) ... (4681) (4682) (4683) (4684) (4685) (4686) (4687) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.