Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9167867 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5182) (5183) (5184) (5185) (5186) (5187) (5188) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DExponential(m): 10:28am On Jun 09, 2019
Yohh:
I've been checking how to lock my sim on my RN5 but it seems the feature isn't available.
Someone who knows how to go about it should please help.

It'll be very shameful for Xiaomi if its devices don't have a sim lock feature.
Which one be shameful? Go to Settings- Additional Settings-
Privacy- Sim Lock- Select Sim

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:29am On Jun 09, 2019
wachakuta:
Help new update bricked RN5

Man this is becoming damn scary, what's going on?

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xpensivealex(m): 10:32am On Jun 09, 2019
wachakuta:
we r in the same shoe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:34am On Jun 09, 2019
Genius43 have you updated your note 5 to pie? Should people just update manually and avoid OTA for now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blackiridis(m): 10:39am On Jun 09, 2019
TheControversy:

I checked but didn't see the night mode option. I'm using rn7 on pie too but running miui 10.2 haven't updated to 10.3.5 yet. What miui version are you currently on?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blackiridis(m): 10:42am On Jun 09, 2019
fibonacci2526:
Genius43 have you updated your note 5 to pie? Should people just update manually and avoid OTA for now?
I updated Via OTA without issues
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DExponential(m): 10:42am On Jun 09, 2019
Mine is stable.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Debroslink: 11:02am On Jun 09, 2019
IKON360:

I saw on GTA wiki that San Andreas has 104 missions, I know I've not played up to half of that. But missions are not coming up again. I've done like 3 missions for Tenpenny, and the last one I did was with Big Smoke. I've not even met Tonero and I think I've finished OG Loc. But missions aren't coming up again. Did I do something wrong? I'm playing mine without cheat just plain like that

Have you got a gang territory? Keep gaining more territories till you receive a call from your sister's boyfriend who will reveal Big Smoke's secret with the bandits and Officer Tenpenny.

From their, missions that will take you out to the mountains will begin.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 11:04am On Jun 09, 2019
elantraceey:

Lol , that's life for you bro, what would some note 5 users do that bought theirs 70k last year. You see k20 pro people waiting patiently, e get why.

Abi o. My friend got his RN5 for 80k and still paid customs of 15k plus.

Are you also patiently waiting for the price of K20 pro to drop? We are team 2020 cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 11:05am On Jun 09, 2019
I feel like rooted phones are the ones having the update problems.

My spider sense is crawling

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 11:06am On Jun 09, 2019
DExponential:

I keep getting the message below
Flash dummy image first, then flash normal recovery
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 11:08am On Jun 09, 2019
wachakuta:
Which version were you on before the update? Are you unlocked?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 11:08am On Jun 09, 2019
fibonacci2526:

I updated too via OTA without any problem. Global version, locked bootloader, no mod installed. Maybe we should find out what is peculiar to those that got bricked.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 11:13am On Jun 09, 2019
Betmaster3:
. See as this phone just dey fall after I have bought it. You go refund me ooo
Lol. I sell as I buy. People bought 90k sef.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 11:14am On Jun 09, 2019
elantraceey:

No nothing yet, changed region to India for two days but had to change it back to Nigeria, the ads I was getting was too much despite I put off recommendation especially in music app .
Which state are you based?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lambotee(m): 11:19am On Jun 09, 2019
muyibabs:

I updated too via OTA without any problem. Global version, locked bootloader, no mod installed. Maybe we should find out what is peculiar to those that got bricked.

i think they update through OTA using custom recover not stock

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:28am On Jun 09, 2019
muyibabs:

Yes I agree perhaps their devices were tweaked.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 11:30am On Jun 09, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Yes I agree perhaps their devices were tweaked.
My friend updated too, unlocked bootloader, stock recovery...no issues
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:33am On Jun 09, 2019
fibonacci2526:

I did mine via OTA on Friday without issues. Am using a CN version with Global ROM and an unlocked bootloader.

Also I reversed my theme to default before updating.

The issue is what is peculiar to all those affected before updating.

Sorry for the late response, I was banned.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre211(m): 11:34am On Jun 09, 2019
lambotee:

i think they update through OTA using custom recover not stock

smiles... eni ba lomo... I got my phone last year November, I didn't tamper with any settings on the phone and have been updating my phone until the last update(pie)... my phone updated successful.. no issues... but after my phone came up... it started hanging, have to restart everytime... it's very frustrating, I format the phone, same thing.... I have to look for the stock ROM and install... but mii really suffer before getting it back up...

so you can't blame them... am still going to try the manual update, cos I can't imagine my phone on 8.1....

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2019
macbeyland:
Which state are you based?
Currently Anambra state
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 11:40am On Jun 09, 2019
muyibabs:

Abi o. My friend got his RN5 for 80k and still paid customs of 15k plus.

Are you also patiently waiting for the price of K20 pro to drop? We are team 2020 cheesy

No o, mine is vision 2022 except someone gets it for me, my RN7 is serving me well and its enough for me for now.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:41am On Jun 09, 2019
elantraceey:

Currently Anambra state

Highest paid state corpers, Una well done. Any luck updating your phone?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 11:44am On Jun 09, 2019
genius43:

Highest paid state corpers, Una well done

grin grin Anambra state try for us for that one but the cost of living here is high compared to my place despite I'm a village.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:45am On Jun 09, 2019
adamix:

My friend updated too, unlocked bootloader, stock recovery...no issues

Well they should let us know what they did to their devices then. Very odd.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kehinde2436(m): 11:45am On Jun 09, 2019
Yohh:
I've been checking how to lock my sim on my RN5 but it seems the feature isn't available.
Someone who knows how to go about it should please help.

It'll be very shameful for Xiaomi if its devices don't have a sim lock feature.

Find "privacy" on ur device settings, then navigate to "sim lock", now click on lock sim card.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:45am On Jun 09, 2019
rerhji:
M abt to gt myself a xiaomi rn7. But my concern is now dat it doesnt support glo 4g band. Is there anyway tn work around that

Does Redmi Note 7 support Glo 4G? Yes and No

Yes in the sense that if you stay in areas where Glo have deployed their new LTE band 3, you have access to 4G

No. If you are in a location with only band 28 present.

The only workaround is getting an unlocked LTE MIFI with all network bands support.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:46am On Jun 09, 2019
genius43:

I did mine via OTA on Friday without issues. Am using a CN version with Global ROM and an unlocked bootloader.

Also I reversed my theme to default before updating.

The issue is what is peculiar to all those affected before updating.

Sorry for the late response, I was banned.

Alright. Welcome.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:47am On Jun 09, 2019
elantraceey:

grin grin Anambra state try for us for that one but the cost of living here is high compared to my place despite I'm a village.

I served in Enugu state and it was during our time they stopped paying 10k. The cost of living was moderate in my location.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:48am On Jun 09, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Alright. Welcome.

All those whose phones where bricked should state of they tweaked their phones before updating.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 11:48am On Jun 09, 2019
These Redmi note 5s getting bricked during OTA, I feel we are not being presented with the full picture, something is definitely not right.
There are some things you must be wary of before an OTA update:
1. Having a custom recovery installed, like TWRP. Performing an OTA with a custom recovery is a sure way to brick your phone (speaking from personal experience). If you have a custom recovery, the only updates you should think of are full ROM updates. Even then, you should manually download said ROM, and flash it with your custom recovery.
2. Trying to update a device with a Chinese ROM, and a locked bootloader with a global ROM. Brickland has never been closer than this, thread with caution.
3. Trying to update a phone that undergone some serious software modification; rooted, running a custom ROM, shop ROM, etc. Beware.

P.S. If you are buying a fairly used Xiaomi device, ask the previous owner to log out of his/her Mi account on the phone. Also, ask as many questions as possible to ascertain the nature of the phone; is it rooted, is it running a custom recovery, has the bootlader been unlocked, is it on a global ROM or not. All these questions and their corresponding answers will save you a lot of hassles later. Thanks.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 11:50am On Jun 09, 2019
Y'all have missed me. Just couldn't stay away as i promised. For all those who silently felt so sad when i said i won't utter a word on this thread again, i'm sorry for causing you temporary sadness. I am back and going no where dearies. grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5182) (5183) (5184) (5185) (5186) (5187) (5188) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ugwumichael(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.