Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9358718 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Im2Busy2Bother: 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Because people use stollen cards to top up their wallets.

Ok. Fraud. That's too bad for normal peeps doing their legit business
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
Gptech:

Frustrating thing is that I have been trying to buy $100 since yesterday and I keep getting unsuccessful messages due to upgrade. Was only able to get $70 at night.
Bro, this is bad. I want to buy about $180 1st DEC, do you know if it would still be available.. Because this is when I would be ready to buy a phone. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2016
Gptech:
So Aliexpress are stopping Alipay by January, not good at all.
Bro, I tried buying $10 Alipay with my own card and it worked, unfortunately I am trying to buy another $10 with my brother card on my own Aliexpress account its not working. Please help

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
temitimx19:

I want to buy a Xiaomi Redmi note 4 soon, I want to buy from Gearbest I even have like $40 inside my Gearbest wallet. But ever since you spoke about Alipocket I have changed my mind about Gearbest.
Please my question is when I want to buy $$ for Alipocket, you said earlier that we can use different cards, would Aliexpress ask for any mode of identification.
Thanks in advance
Why don't u want to use gearbest again?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
temitimx19:

Bro, I tried buying $10 Alipay with my own card and it worked, unfortunately I am trying to buy another $10 with my brother card on my own Aliexpress account its not working. Please help
Am on same issue with you got that message too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2016
I think its best to use Access Bank for those buying between $101-$200, to avoid stress.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
mike234:
Please help. I have been trying to upgrade my phone: redmi 3 to miui8 but all to no avail. Haven't received ota since i go the fone. Downloaded the miui8 rom for redmi3 and followed the installation instruction. Yet no show. Is there a way i can do that. Attached is a copy of my phone info

Use this

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=254606&extra=page%3D1&mobile=2

Which rom did you download? Ensure its the right rom.

Please read the comments in the link to get an idea of possible errors that might occur and how to mitigate it.

You have to use 'flash_all' option in mi flash tool. And sure you remove your sim card n sd card before flashing.

After flashing, do a factory reset before you start using the phone.

But remember ** at your own risk** wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
willian10:

Why don't u want to use gearbest again?
3 of my last order from Gearbest didn't deliver, one of it was even with tracking.
I even bought a redmi 3s from Gearbest and I got an Android TV box and a mini keyboard lately.. But its all been resolved I got my redmi 3s at the end
Post NL is becoming so unreliable lately and that what Gearbest uses to ship out items
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2016
Gptech:
I think its best to use Access Bank for those buying between $101-$200, to avoid stress.
I don't have access bank account and I don't know anyone who does.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
temitimx19:

3 of my last order from Gearbest didn't deliver, one of it was even with tracking.
I even bought a redmi 3s from Gearbest and I got an Android TV box and a mini keyboard lately.. But its all been resolved I got my redmi 3s at the end
Post NL is becoming so unreliable lately and that what Gearbest uses to ship out items
Aliexpress payment has been so bad lately, Im planning to use gearbes
how long does it take for them to deliver?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
PLEASE GUYS for the love of God. i need a Xiaomi phone ASAP.
for over 2 weeks i have been without a smartphone,
all i just need is a phone to share it's HotSpot.
my budget is 20 Grand.
And if you think i'm a novice; look well, i created this thread. cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bookiemart01(f): 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
Gearbest? Hope you read what he wrote about 3 undelivered items
Try Dealsmachine

willian10:

Aliexpress payment has been so bad lately, Im planning to use gearbes
how long does it take for them to deliver?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frankyvalll(m): 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
xiaomi redmi note 4 on point
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Try Dealsmachine

He has been unlucky, gearbest is very reliable, all my orders came out good, the only exception was a memory card that never got delivered( money was refunded). By the was popular speculation says gearbest and dealsmacine have the same owners, you can check their very identical prices.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
temitimx19:

I don't have access bank account and I don't know anyone who does.
I think you should open one, they give atm cards immediately according to their customer care representative.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2016
Gptech:

I think you should open one, they give atm cards immediately according to their customer care representative.
Serious?? Would I get MasterCard immediately, also what of their internet banking?? What's their rates too??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bookiemart01(f): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
Yea I know they are owned by same people.
I buy from Dealsmachine not Gearbest.

Gptech:

He has been unlucky, gearbest is very reliable, all my orders came out good, the only exception was a memory card that never got delivered( money was refunded). By the was popular speculation says gearbest and dealsmacine have the same owners, you can check their very identical prices.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bookiemart01(f): 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
Depends on the branch. Not all their branch give instant card

Gptech:

Depends on the branch. Not all their branch give instant card. Don't collect Mastercard cos it won't serve the purpose you want it to serve. Collect visa card
Rate 325

temitimx19:

Serious?? Would I get MasterCard immediately, also what of their internet banking?? What's their rates too??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
Gptech:

Am not saying Gearbest is bad, I have bought more than 100+ items from them.. But since October 2016, PostNL has been misbehaving. I can show u some of my tracked items, they have been shipped to country of destination for 2-4weeks now, and they haven't even landed Lagos..
The painful part is that Gearbest refunds takes 60days to get your money back, unlike Banggood which takes 35 days and Aliexpress which is an average of 50 days
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
Bookiemart01:

Depends on the branch. Not all their branch give instant card. Don't collect Mastercard cos it won't serve the purpose you want it to serve. Collect visa card
Rate 325

Okay ma.. Thanks for the tips, I wish I could open their account online.. I go to work Mon-Sat, and for this lekki there's only one Access bank that I know..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
ibawon:
PLEASE GUYS for the love of God. i need a Xiaomi phone ASAP.
for over 2 weeks i have been without a smartphone,
all i just need is a phone to share it's HotSpot.
my budget is 20 Grand.
And if you think i'm a novice; look well, i created this thread. cool

grin grin grin grin what happened na?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
Bookiemart01:

Rate 325

Thanks alot, never knew that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
temitimx19:

Am not saying Gearbest is bad, I have bought more than 100+ items from them.. But since October 2016, PostNL has been misbehaving. I can show u some of my tracked items, they have been shipped to country of destination for 2-4weeks now, and they haven't even landed Lagos..
The painful part is that Gearbest refunds takes 60days to get your money back, unlike Banggood which takes 35 days and Aliexpress which is an average of 50 days
Thats bad.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bookiemart01(f): 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
Aliexpress 50 days?
Those stores surely have a thing on you cheesy cheesy

temitimx19:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mike234: 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
GrandMufti:

Use this

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=254606&extra=page%3D1&mobile=2

Which rom did you download? Ensure its the right rom.

Please read the comments in the link to get an idea of possible errors that might occur and how to mitigate it.

You have to use 'flash_all' option in mi flash tool. And sure you remove your sim card n sd card before flashing.

After flashing, do a factory reset before you start using the phone.

But remember ** at your own risk** wink

Thanks bro. i downloaded the recovery rom for redmi3/redmi3 prime from their official website. i will try that and get back to you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Aliexpress 50 days?
Those stores surely have a thing on you cheesy cheesy

grin I try to be considerate.. For me, no Gearbest until next year.. Aliexpress things now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
temitimx19:

grin I try to be considerate.. For me, no Gearbest until next year.. Aliexpress things now
Me too, but this Ali pocket ish is getting on my nerves.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
Gptech:

Me too, but this Ali pocket ish is getting on my nerves.
I swear.. Am just looking for a way to buy this redmi note 4 cheap.. Buying $$ at #400 and above isn't funny
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
mike234:

Thanks bro. i downloaded the recovery rom for redmi3/redmi3 prime from their official website. i will try that and get back to you.

Wrong rom sir. You need to download fastboot rom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2016
temitimx19:

Pls, can u gimme ur number or just teach me how to fund Gearbest wallet, i no even get how to do that since..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Try Dealsmachine

See, patapata 4 weeks, i don tire, even that dealsmachine d price is almost double, I'm tired of dz international stores, & dz one wey dollar dey fluctuate, make GTBank no do turning head
I'm thinking maybe i should kuku open access bank & collect d Visa card sharp sharp, make e no be that tym dem go con stop using card for online transactions
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
willian10 post= ;D51180234:

See, patapata 4 weeks, i don tire, even that dealsmachine d price is almost double, I'm tired of dz international stores, & dz one wey dollar dey fluctuate, make GTBank no do turning head
I'm thinking maybe i should kuku open access bank & collect d Visa card sharp sharp, make e no be that tym dem go con stop using card for online transactions
grin grin grin the earlier the better. Will never forget when I was getting my phone last year around this period, exchange rate was #220/$, but somehow I waited till the next day and it jumped to #238/$. I bought the phone in anger and refused to get the accessories hoping the Naira would bounce back! Since then na bouncing back we dey wait for oooo grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.