Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9282807 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kopec: 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
Pls someone hlp me I need to know how I can get xiaomi redmi2 jumia last year blackfriday phone LCD part or anybody who can repair the part cos I. was told by an enginerr that screen part have been havin probblem on gettin someone who can repair for me pls hlp me pls hlp its been 4mth nw since have used it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
Kopec:

Pls someone hlp me I need to know how I can get
xiaomi redmi2 jumia last year blackfriday phone
LCD part or anybody who can repair the part cos I.
was told by an enginerr that screen part have been
havin probblem on gettin someone who can repair
for me pls hlp me pls hlp its been 4mth nw since have used it
Check Aliexpress
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
Youngpo413:
Outdated kitkat.
Far better than the lollipop and marshmallow running in most phones at the same price cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:52am On Nov 21, 2016
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 5:41am On Nov 21, 2016
TFactor:
pls how much does Redmi 3s 32gb ROM cost?

cc: initialize, Kulimart, elijahdre, Nsonaso

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vheeki(f): 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
Please what atm cards (banks) can be used to make purchase on aliexpress My fidelity & first bank cards are being declined.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2016
vheeki:
Please what atm cards (banks) can be used to make purchase on aliexpress
My fidelity & first bank cards are being declined.
U can try gtbank, uba or access maam
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donescalante: 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hello Guys, please how much can I get Redmi 3, Redmi 3 Pro or Redmi Note 3. Mainly I need a phone with a gyroscope, good battery (at least 4000mAh) and good RAM (at least 3GB).

I practically fell in love with Xiaomi Redmi while reading people's reviews online but my only fear is that users say the Redmi 3 videos shake when when watching 360° videos.
I need advise on this please.

Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 6:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
Be like say I don enter one chance with geekbuying.com. Over a week and still no shipping details. Pls is dis how it normally is?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mike234: 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2016
GrandMufti:

Use this

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=254606&extra=page%3D1&mobile=2

Which rom did you download? Ensure its the right rom.

Please read the comments in the link to get an idea of possible errors that might occur and how to mitigate it.

You have to use 'flash_all' option in mi flash tool. And sure you remove your sim card n sd card before flashing.

After flashing, do a factory reset before you start using the phone.

But remember ** at your own risk** wink

Grandmufti... I have been able to update the fone but it now has plenty issues. It cannot see my sim cards anymore. I cant view my contacts, gallery and phone dialer and lastly the phone has no imei again! Dont know what to do anymore as the phone is now useless.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2016
Gptech:

Maybe not in the global rom for now, but I can do that on developer rom, in fact just tapping the number brings out the options to call, text, or copy.

Is that not how all versions of the phone are supposed to be? Even the low-end versions of Samsung have this feature.

I am also not enjoying Microsoft Outlook on it. Configured my office mail on it but the best I can get is receive mails on it.

Mails sent from the phone doesn't get delivered embarassed

Looping: Gptech
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aieromon(m): 9:09pm On Nov 21, 2016
ibawon:
PLEASE GUYS for the love of God. i need a Xiaomi phone ASAP.
for over 2 weeks i have been without a smartphone,
all i just need is a phone to share it's HotSpot.
my budget is 20 Grand.
And if you think i'm a novice; look well, i created this thread. cool

If you will "manage" a Redmi Note 2,let me know.

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2016
40manlappy:

Is that not how all versions of the phone are supposed to be? Even the low-end versions of Samsung have this feature.

I am also not enjoying Microsoft Outlook on it. Configured my office mail on it but the best I can get is receive mails on it.

Mails sent from the phone doesn't get delivered embarassed

Looping: Gptech
I think it was so with miui 7,don't know if they did some experiments with miui 8. That your mail issue nawa sha. Are you on global rom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 10:48pm On Nov 21, 2016
Gptech:

I think it was so with miui 7,don't know if they did some experiments with miui 8. That your mail issue nawa sha. Are you on global rom?

No, still on Stable ROM (Chinese)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 10:54pm On Nov 21, 2016
Paxziano:

Be like say I don enter one chance with geekbuying.com. Over a week and still no shipping details. Pls is dis how it normally is?

Its early day if you as me, what stage is your goods at, processing?.. I ordered a Redmi 4a from geek buying because it was cheap and on promo, and mynorder is still been processed according to there website..

This is my first time of using them, but i have used other Chinese sites in the past..From my experience with them, you just have to be patient, it might take up to a whole month to get your goods; unless you paid for expedited shipping..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2016
mike234:

Grandmufti... I have been able to update the fone but it now has plenty issues. It cannot see my sim cards anymore. I cant view my contacts, gallery and phone dialer and lastly the phone has no imei again! Dont know what to do anymore as the phone is now useless.

You must have used a wrong rom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:15pm On Nov 21, 2016
40manlappy:

No, still on Stable ROM (Chinese)
Ooops, maybe you should try Chinese developer roms.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
Baroba:

Its early day if you as me, what stage is your goods at, processing?.. I ordered a Redmi 4a from geek buying because it was cheap and on promo, and mynorder is still been processed according to there website..

This is my first time of using them, but i have used other Chinese sites in the past..From my experience with them, you just have to be patient, it might take up to a whole month to get your goods; unless you paid for expedited shipping..

Yeah, patience is the game for free shipping. Your money nor fit lost sha, no need for panic. Time might be the only thing to lose in worse case scenarios.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 11:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
Gptech:

Ooops, maybe you should try Chinese developer roms.

Any problem with "International" (if there is anything like that) developer ROMs? cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:44pm On Nov 21, 2016
40manlappy:

Any problem with "International" developer ROMs (if there is anything like that)? cheesy
If you mean 'global developer rom', no. The only issue is developer roms are like experimental roms. It means they come with more features and also may contain bugs. But since the updates come weekly, the bugs may be of no problem to you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngpo413: 6:59am On Nov 22, 2016
Seems this xiaomi is not a good phone, so many complaints on Chinese rom, stable rom, international rom, developer rom, bla bla bla, it has no stock rom on its own which someone can use in peace?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 7:33am On Nov 22, 2016
Youngpo413:
Seems this xiaomi is not a good phone, so many complaints on Chinese rom, stable rom, international rom, developer rom, bla bla bla, it has no stock rom on its own which someone can use in peace?
Its a good phone.... stable rom has no problem. Its when u start switching roms dats when wahala starts

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2016
Baroba:

I paid for DHL shipping and It wud be shipped to my brother in scotland. When he is comin bk to naija in January, he is to bring it. So the time is limited. The strange tin is dey replied the mail I sent them and quoted the item I purchased but it's now on *pre-sale*. When I ordered it, it wasn't on presale. So I'm thinkin when dey advertised it on the site, they didn't have it in stock. Also, going by the reviews I read about geekbuying lately online, they r kinda shady and the reviews r negative. Now I'm wishing I bought from aliexpress
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:41am On Nov 22, 2016
toluwanimi07:

Its a good phone.... stable rom has no problem. Its when u start switching roms dats when wahala starts

What phone are you using. I haven't switch roms since I bought my phone and it still gives problems.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:52am On Nov 22, 2016
Youngpo413:

What problems are you facing? Those roms you mentioned are the stock roms.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by heroshark(m): 9:07am On Nov 22, 2016
Pls where can I get the pack of redmi 3s here in Nigeria... Saw it on aliexpress but don't have the patience to wait till arrival ... Anybody with a better alternative shld help pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:07am On Nov 22, 2016
heroshark:
Pls where can I get the pack of redmi 3s here in Nigeria... Saw it on aliexpress but don't have the patience to wait till arrival ... Anybody with a better alternative shld help pls

Erm, i have the pack and why do you need it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 11:09am On Nov 22, 2016
GrandMufti:

What phone are you using. I haven't switch roms since I bought my phone and it still gives problems.
Im using redmi 2 but gonna switch to redmi 4a or 4 soon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 11:46am On Nov 22, 2016
Paxziano:

Why u dey fear.. Didn't u know that GeekBuying takes 4-7 days to ship out phones.. Your phone would be shipped out, just be patient, but the question is I hope the phone you bought is not Pre-Sale. Because Redmi 4 is not on sale until DEC 17th or so..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 11:50am On Nov 22, 2016
I mistakenly bought Redmi note 3 tempered glass 2 pieces, its going to come next week or next 2 weeks.. Abeg if anyone is interested lemme know.. I reside in Lekki Lagos.. I would sell cheap grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
Paxziano:

I paid for DHL shipping and It wud be shipped to my brother in scotland. When he is comin bk to naija in January, he is to bring it. So the time is limited. The strange tin is dey replied the mail I sent them and quoted the item I purchased but it's now on *pre-sale*. When I ordered it, it wasn't on presale. So I'm thinkin when dey advertised it on the site, they didn't have it in stock. Also, going by the reviews I read about geekbuying lately online, they r kinda shady and the reviews r negative. Now I'm wishing I bought from aliexpress

These Chinese resellers can be very shady in there dealings, my take is, they dont have stock. That's why mine is still at the "processing" stage. I didn't pay for shipping since am not in any rush, though if am in your shoes I won't be happy having used dhl..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
temitimx19:

Why u dey fear.. Didn't u know that GeekBuying takes 4-7 days to ship out phones.. Your phone would be shipped out, just be patient, but the question is I hope the phone you bought is not Pre-Sale. Because Redmi 4 is not on sale until DEC 17th or so..

Baws, when I was purchasing it, it was NOT on pre-sale o! Walahi. Na wen the tin delay dem come add pre-sale. And it's not the redmi 4 I ordered. I ordered the redmi 4 pro... I think ders a difference ryt? But if it's gonna go on sale by Dec 17th, I don enter one chance be dat cos I can't wait dat long

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.