Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,508 members, 7,770,288 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:39 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9020413 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6302) (6303) (6304) (6305) (6306) (6307) (6308) ... (9302) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 19, 2019
The Redmi 8 brings a number of improvements over its predecessor, the Redmi 7. However, it comes with a Snapdragon 439 processor which is less powerful than the Snapdragon 632 chipset in the Redmi 7. General Manager of Redmi, Lu Weibing, has explained why they settled for the Snapdragon 400 series processor.

In the Weibo post, he said they carried out a survey before the release of the Redmi 8 to find out which features matter most to users. The result of the survey showed that battery life, smooth and fast experience, and a high-quality build ranked highest. Redmi decided to focus on these points for its next phones. The result is the Redmi 8 (and Redmi 8A) having a 5000mAh battery capacity with a standby time of 31 days; addition of a USB Type-C port; and support for 18W fast charging allowing for the device to be fully charged in 2 hours.

For smoother operation, they canceled the 2GB RAM version. They also included Mi Turbo 2.0 to speed things up and added a better memory cleaning solution. Redmi says that based on their simulation, the Redmi 8 will have only slowed down by 35% after 24 months of use. Coming down to the processor, Redmi says even though its a Snapdragon 400 series chipset, its performance is near similar to that of the Snapdragon 625. The post even includes AnTuTu benchmark results comparing the Redmi 6 Pro (SD625) and Redmi 8 (SD439).

Mr. Weibing explains that the Snapdragon 439 is able to achieve similar performance to the Snapdragon 625 because it is a 12nm chipset, and with Mi Turbo onboard, users will get a fast and smooth experience. He concludes by saying those who are concerned about performance can purchase the Redmi 7 or Redmi Note 8 which has a Snapdragon 665 processor and those who want a better battery life should get the Redmi 8A or Redmi 8.

Cc genius43 mykcool.... Maybe people will stop expecting performance of 660 from 439

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chidon007(m): 8:34am On Nov 19, 2019
kallmemrB:

Phone heating nowadays is pretty common. The newer applications and games are more demanding and power hungry in nature. And, memory intensive games like PUBG Mobile is no exception either. Considering the amount of processing power PUBG Mobile requires to run on any phone is quite high. Thus, making the phone hot and at the same time increasing the battery consumption.

Follow these steps and you will have a much better and cooler phone while playing PUBG Mobile.

Never use any 3rd Party Phone Cooling Applications that claim to cool down your phone. These are completely bogus and many times contain malware.
Do not play PUBG Mobile outdoors where there is direct contact of the sunlight with your phone. That can make your smartphone’s temperature worse.
Keep the brightness of your phone to a fixed level such as 40–50%. Turn off Adaptive Display/Auto Brightness.
Remove your protective case/cover while you are playing PUBG Mobile, that would help a lot.
Close all the applications that are running in the background before launching PUBG Mobile.

Thank u boss.
Wat abt wen browsing....
because I notice wen browsing, it get a little bit hot and I hardly notice dis with my ex tecno or infinix phone...

Any solution 2 dis Boss
Waiting for reply
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:35am On Nov 19, 2019
chidon007:

No.
But I used hot-spot with my Redmi note 7

Your phone won't get warm if you play with WiFi, compared with mobile data

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 19, 2019
chidon007:

So boss, u mean the phone is OK because I wanted 2 change it or return it.
because I never experience the warmness with the tecno and infinix dat I av used.
And also the redmi note 7 is a beast 2 me because of the features I av used.

Is there any advice from u, to reduce the warmness.
Or should I wait for the next system update.
Pls the Miui 11 available for the redmi note 7 because I am still using Miui 10?
Yes you can update your phone.. But with what you posted the Phone is great.. Click on screen on the battery detail and Screenshot it.... Lemme see the SOT
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 19, 2019
chidon007:

Thank u boss.
Wat abt wen browsing....
because I notice wen browsing, it get a little bit hot and I hardly notice dis with my ex tecno or infinix phone...

Any solution 2 dis Boss
Waiting for reply
do u also use the hotspot from browsing.. Are u using a pouch... Which kinda pouch... It shouldn't really get Hot while browsing except when network is bad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:40am On Nov 19, 2019
chidon007:

Thank u boss.
Wat abt wen browsing....

Any solution 2 dis Boss
Waiting for reply

Revert back to stock launcher and theme. Reboot and try again. Are you still on miui 10?

What network do you use?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dabosuker(m): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2019
kallmemrB:
Yes oooo... Till now it still remains the best.. Snapdragon 200 on lumia is like the current SD 660 on android

Easily true smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bwehdoneit(m): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2019
I feel like giving some people here hard knocks.
When you complain of phone getting warm while playing online game, what do you expect?
Now imagine you u have a car going at 140km/h, do u expect the engine temperature to remain at 0 degrees?
I don't just understand some peeps.
And someone saying his infinix/Tecno doesn't heats up at all while performing the same task with xiaomi is just hard to believe and laughable.
The good question u should ask yourself is if the phone lags while playing online game? If it doesn't, then you got a Bugatti engine there, no matter the heat, performance is still top notch.
I had to write this epistle cos of the comments I read here.
Get a flagship if you really want to play intensive games. I believe someone who wants to enter a car racing gig, would not go there with a Toyota starlet having a 1.0 liter engine.
Been on this thread since 2016 as a guest before I finally registered on NL, read from page 1 to the present page, never missed a page. I learn a lot from the comments here without even asking for opinions. My first device been a note 5 from Macbeyland, then note 7 from ProteinO. Recently, got the mi 9t from pointek Abuja. I never regretted my choice. Those I sold the the note 5 and 7 to are still thanking me. I have a lot of disciples using Note 7 and more are still wowed by its performance.
Before you get a Xiaomi phone, do your research and if you made a wrong choice, resell value is not a problem.
Now before someone comes for me, I been on the tecno/infinix, Samsung, Gionee and many other brands wagon but I got value for my cash with xiaomi.
My one kobo.

35 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chidon007(m): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2019
GrandMufti:

Revert back to stock launcher and theme. Reboot and try again. Are you still on miui 10?

What network do you use?

I am still using Miui 10
My network is airtel and mtn
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chidon007(m): 8:47am On Nov 19, 2019
kallmemrB:
do u also use the hotspot from browsing.. Are u using a pouch... Which kinda pouch... It shouldn't really get Hot while browsing except when network is bad

I used hot-spot wen I want 2 use my laptop. I don't use hot-spot all the time.
I used the pouch dat come along with phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chidon007(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2019
GrandMufti:

What network do you use?

I use poco launcher.
Should I remove it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dabosuker(m): 8:50am On Nov 19, 2019
kallmemrB:
it sucks... I left the windows OS early after issues began... Its the best OS have ever used... Miss my Lumia.. So easy to operate

Really sucks bro.

A very light & fluid OS it is.

I still have my 3 Windows phone though; Nokia Lumia 1520, Microsoft Lumia 650 & the last flagship Microsoft Lumia 950XL. All great devices.

So sad, we move on and continue to survive with Microsoft launcher on Android.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 8:50am On Nov 19, 2019
It's like somebody finally woke Sammy from their slumber.

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-odm-strategy-1055510/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 19, 2019
chidon007:

I used hot-spot wen I want 2 use my laptop. I don't use hot-spot all the time.
I used the pouch dat come along with phone
update ur phone... It will sort lots of issues for u
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2019
dabosuker:

Really sucks bro.

A very light & fluid OS it is.

I still have my 3 Windows phone though; Nokia Lumia 1520, Microsoft Lumia 650 & the last flagship Microsoft Lumia 950XL. All great devices.

So sad, we move on and continue to survive with Microsoft launcher on Android.
the phone is so secured and safe... No hanky panky. U don't need any antivirus

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dabosuker(m): 8:54am On Nov 19, 2019
Baso2019:

What does putting it to rest imply?
Is it that there won't be updates again or will the phone just stop working?

No more updates/support after December 2019.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dabosuker(m): 8:55am On Nov 19, 2019
[quote author=kallmemrB post=84163434] the phone is so secured and safe... No hanky panky. U don't need any antivirus [/quote

EXACTLY!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 19, 2019
Guys pls watch and support this guys...

I dont know them but they are really cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deWoEXoZwlE

Cc SILVERGRIN

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:07am On Nov 19, 2019
kallmemrB:
Guys pls

No ads here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:08am On Nov 19, 2019
bwehdoneit:

My one kobo.

Hype-man

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:10am On Nov 19, 2019
chidon007:

I use poco launcher.
Should I remove it?

Try all options.

You could even change your network provider
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 9:17am On Nov 19, 2019
genius43:

You couldn't have said it any better. One cold bottle of Budweiser to you.

The person who foresaw the problems of Xiaomi's coming Nigeria will bring to this thread is really a prophet.
Call me Senior Prophet Mathefaro cool

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by siegfried99(m): 9:19am On Nov 19, 2019
Did I just read Tecno / infinix don't get hot like redmi ?cheesy grin

I still cover myself with the blood of Snapdragon grin

15 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kvngjesse(m): 9:33am On Nov 19, 2019
genius43:

You should do a factory reset then
Done, same problem
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 9:44am On Nov 19, 2019
saintkenny:
It's like somebody finally woke Sammy from their slumber.

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-odm-strategy-1055510/

Lol. If Sammy eventually outsource to ODMs, will that make Sammy a "chinko" phone? I'm liking the competition Xiaomi and Huawei is giving iPhone and Sammy. It's healthy!

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 9:51am On Nov 19, 2019
BoluwajiPieters:

Lol. If Sammy eventually outsource to ODMs, will that make Sammy a "chinko" phone? I'm liking the competition Xiaomi and Huawei is giving iPhone and Sammy. It's healthy!

Gbam, the game is on. We've seen Samsung improving on their mid range phones at a more reasonable price all thanks to competition.

Truly there's enough space under the sky for everyone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DExponential(m): 9:52am On Nov 19, 2019
GrandMufti:

What network do you use?
Hello, I need a link for MIUI 11 for Redmi Note 5. I just got the update notification.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 9:53am On Nov 19, 2019
kallmemrB:

The Redmi 8 brings a number of improvements over its predecessor, the Redmi 7. However, it comes with a Snapdragon 439 processor which is less powerful than the Snapdragon 632 chipset in the Redmi 7. General Manager of Redmi, Lu Weibing, has explained why they settled for the Snapdragon 400 series processor.

In the Weibo post, he said they carried out a survey before the release of the Redmi 8 to find out which features matter most to users. The result of the survey showed that battery life, smooth and fast experience, and a high-quality build ranked highest. Redmi decided to focus on these points for its next phones. The result is the Redmi 8 (and Redmi 8A) having a 5000mAh battery capacity with a standby time of 31 days; addition of a USB Type-C port; and support for 18W fast charging allowing for the device to be fully charged in 2 hours.

For smoother operation, they canceled the 2GB RAM version. They also included Mi Turbo 2.0 to speed things up and added a better memory cleaning solution. Redmi says that based on their simulation, the Redmi 8 will have only slowed down by 35% after 24 months of use. Coming down to the processor, Redmi says even though its a Snapdragon 400 series chipset, its performance is near similar to that of the Snapdragon 625. The post even includes AnTuTu benchmark results comparing the Redmi 6 Pro (SD625) and Redmi 8 (SD439).

Mr. Weibing explains that the Snapdragon 439 is able to achieve similar performance to the Snapdragon 625 because it is a 12nm chipset, and with Mi Turbo onboard, users will get a fast and smooth experience. He concludes by saying those who are concerned about performance can purchase the Redmi 7 or Redmi Note 8 which has a Snapdragon 665 processor and those who want a better battery life should get the Redmi 8A or Redmi 8.

Cc genius43 mykcool.... Maybe people will stop expecting performance of 660 from 439

You have just answered a truck load of questions but trust me... Complaints and arguments relating to the above mentioned gadgets will still come up. Wait for it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:07am On Nov 19, 2019
DExponential:

Hello, I need a link for MIUI 11 for Redmi Note 5. I just got the update notification.

Make sure your bootloader was officially unlocked if you device is global ROM

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.3.0.PEIMIXM/miui_HMNote5Global_V11.0.3.0.PEIMIXM_ff4c5a6b1a_9.0.zip
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 19, 2019
micxwell:

You have just answered a truck load of questions but trust me... Complaints and arguments relating to the above mentioned gadgets will still come up. Wait for it!
hahahahaha.... The reason why they only have 3gb and 4gb variant

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 10:15am On Nov 19, 2019
chidon007:

So boss, u mean the phone is OK because I wanted 2 change it or return it.
because I never experience the warmness with the tecno and infinix dat I av used.
And also the redmi note 7 is a beast 2 me because of the features I av used.

Is there any advice from u, to reduce the warmness.
Or should I wait for the next system update.
Pls the Miui 11 available for the redmi note 7 because I am still using Miui 10?
nothing is wrong from your battery graph... you need to check which apps take a toll on ur battery.
for Miui 11, since you are new.... jejely wait for it to pop up via ur system updater...
am on miui 11.0.3.0, but I flash it manually....
Miui 11.0.4.0 for RN7 is currently popping up!!!
just be patient
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DExponential(m): 10:28am On Nov 19, 2019
GrandMufti:

Make sure your bootloader was officially unlocked if you device is global ROM

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.3.0.PEIMIXM/miui_HMNote5Global_V11.0.3.0.PEIMIXM_ff4c5a6b1a_9.0.zip

Global Rom but the device is rooted ooh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6302) (6303) (6304) (6305) (6306) (6307) (6308) ... (9302) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.